jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

1. 0
    Digsposted 5 years ago

I have yet to gain a clear understanding of RSS Feeds and how to best make use of them.  I have read a HUB or two on the matter and for some reason it's still not clear.  Can anyone walk me through it?

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this
      1. 0
        Digsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the advice.  I checked "The Learning Center," first.  Will double check and see if the fog clears.

2. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

RSS capsules are taking a "listing" of something from another website and put it in your capsule.

The listing is often of all the blog posts of a blog, or a filter list of such posts (specific tag, for instance), or news filters, or such.

Think of it as a "live list of links". A Link capsule is static, but an RSS module can show a bunch of lists that changes depending on RSS input.

1. 0
        Digsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Understand the theory.  So, first I identify an RSS Feed suitable in content to one of my Hubs and link it?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Digs, by adding a RSS feed from someone else's blog to your Hub, you're publicising that person's blog.  What do you think is the benefit to you of doing that?

I can't see much point in it myself.  It's true Google does like to see references included when you write a Hub, but a RSS feed only references one site so that's not particularly helpful. 

Far better to add a Links capsule at the end of your Hub called "References" or "Further Reading", where you can list a few useful sites relevant to your content. 

Of course, if it's your own blog, that's a different story!

2. 0
    lavender3957posted 5 years ago

This is something I don't understand myself. Interesting replys.