jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

1. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image70
    KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 5 years ago

Hello everybody,

What does integrity mean to you?

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

The ultimate key to being a good(moral) person.

3. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

Being forthright and honest, always doing what is right in the eyes of God and your own conscience.

4. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Oh! I wrote one huge hub on that recently..smile
    For me it is an internal journey where I am integrated as a person and there is no conflict with my internal belief system and my actions ..smile

5. TMMason profile image75
    TMMasonposted 5 years ago

To adhere to a set of morals, or principles, in a complete and undivided way. Regardless of the opinions of those around you, and without compromise to get along, or get ahead.

6. Greg Sage profile image60
    Greg Sageposted 5 years ago

I've always taken integrity to mean congruency between words and actions.

BEING your word.

7. Jonathan Janco profile image82
    Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago

Remaining commited to an intelligently chosen purpose

8. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image70
    KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 5 years ago

I'm impressed.

1. Theresa_Kennedy profile image82
      Theresa_Kennedyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am impressed also.

Integrity is something nobody can take from you. Yet it is a choice to be a person of integrity. Having integrity means you can hold your head up and stand tall no matter what.

9. Carolyn2008 profile image71
    Carolyn2008posted 5 years ago

Integrity is doing the right thing whether or not anyone is watching you.

10. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

Like sofs, I wrote a Hub on integrity once too (but a long time ago). 

Anyway, to me it's being trustworthy, "solidly of good character", honest, and always trying to do what one thinks is the right thing to do (in terms of having "good character").  Respecting and caring about others (in any number of ways) is a big part of integrity too.  I think, provided integrity isn't accompanied by the less appealing trait, self-righteousness, it may be one of the biggest sources of having good self-esteem, no matter what other flaws/weaknesses a person has.  It also (most of the time) makes life a lot less complicated, because it makes a person feel solid and strong, provides a guidepost for choices, but also means a person can just be himself and not worry about having any questionable actions "found out".    One other note about integrity:  The nice thing is it's available to anyone who chooses to have it/use it.  Other positive things in life (character-wise, personality-wise, looks-wise) are sometimes a matter of luck-of-the-draw.  Integrity (one of the most important, useful, and self-esteem-building things there are) is something anyone can have - just for the deciding to have it.

11. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 5 years ago

Honesty and the courage to stand up for what is right, no matter what.

12. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Being true to yourself and your own beliefs.