jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Incorrect ID in Google +1

1. Howard S. profile image85
    Howard S.posted 5 years ago

When you use the new Google +1 button in a hub, it may not correctly ID you. It is picking up the ID of the person currently logged into Google AdSense on that computer. I am sitting at a multi-user computer. My wife is logged-in on AdSense (not running, but not signed-out). So the HubPages +1 assumes that's who I am, despite the fact that I am signed-in to HP as myself.

I suppose this is an unusual usage, and I don't know whether it makes any difference. But it's a bug.

2. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

No, it's not a bug.

The G+1 button works the same as the Facebook like button - it posts the link to your social networking profile, depending on which profile that is.

Hubpages doesn't control which Facebook or Google account you're signed into (with the exception of if you have your HP and FB accounts linked).

3. Howard S. profile image85
    Howard S.posted 5 years ago

OK QM, thanks. I'll take your word for it. I don't have FB, it's the first time I ever hovered over the +1 button, I doubt I have a social networking profile, (and I'm generally anti-social).

4. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

You're welcome. It can get a little confusing.

But just remember - anytime you interact with the site in a way that can do something outside Hubpages (+1, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Twitter, Redgage etc...) where it is posted on that external site is based on whatever account is in use over there - Hubpages has no influence over how you are logged into other sites.

working