Who is your favourite dead celebrity?

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (57 posts)
  1. Migodden profile image70
    Migoddenposted 14 years ago

For me it's George Carlin. He was the greatest comedian ever, and one of the greatest minds.
    But Micheal Jackson is also an interestingly dead fellow isn't he, What do you think WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE DEAD CELEBRITY?

1. vancouverdentist profile image40
      vancouverdentistposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Id have to go with Michael Jackson as well, beat it, billie jean, true classics.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
        mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I went right off Michael Jackson after I read that once his fortunes took a downward spiral, his Neverland Ranch ended up going virtually derelict, and the wild animals he kept there, (inc elephants etc) were discovered in horrendously cramped conditions and in a terrible state. Most of them ended up in roadside zoos as a result. Tragic!! Also very suspicious on the whole child molesting saga, and suspect he may well have been guilty of the accusations, but was no doubt advised to pay up hush money rather than end up like Gary Glitter, i.e., with no career at all, and publicly loathed.

2. Ron Mariano profile image59
      Ron Marianoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

GEORGE CARLIN - one of the reasons why I think critically. I love him, he is a legend. An American icon. He's my favorite too.

My other favorite is Dean Martin. I just don't know, he has that charisma and humor. A reputation of always being drunk (which is not something to be proud of) but that's who he was.

2. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Marlon Brando, of course. Sergio Leone, director of The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. Then Alfred Hitchcock and Stanley Kubrick. Okay, so I'm a classics freak. Shoot me. smile

3. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Can just one freaking person spell Michael correctly? PULEEEEZE

4. profile image0
    Sidney Rayneposted 14 years ago

Vincent Price...the end of an era.

5. AsherKade profile image58
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

John Candy...

6. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Can't choose one. My top 3 would be Lucille Ball, Jackie Gleason or Katherine Hepburn.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Katherine Hepburn

8. Tom Cornett profile image81
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Tom Petty!

1. AsherKade profile image58
      AsherKadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He's dead? OMG, when did that happen?

1. Tom Cornett profile image81
        Tom Cornettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Naaa...just kidding!  Sorry!

1. TamCor profile image80
          TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tom...SHAME ON YOU!lol

My favorite would be Michael Landon--I loved all the shows he was in...

2. profile image0
          dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ok, so I was reading this and I was going to say..WHAT!!!????? But, hes on King of the Hill??!! then I thought, hmmm..maybe I should read on and see if hes joking.....  tongue

9. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Wow, some great ones there. Sir Alec Guiness, Peter Sellers (being There and The Bobo), Dame Margaret Rutherford (one of my favorite "Miss Marple's")

10. DJ Funktual profile image75
    DJ Funktualposted 14 years ago

George Carlin,
    Jeff Buckley
    Bradley Nowell

11. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Tiny Tim

12. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

James Dean he was the epitome of cool . Or Jimi Hendrix because when you think about the electric guitar he Is the standard bearer

13. katacham profile image60
    katachamposted 14 years ago

Oh i have a few:

James Dean - the hair totally did it for me tongue
    Buddy Holly - i remember seeing a musical of his life when i was younger and throwing a fit in the theatre because i was so upset.
    Judy Garland - the Wizard of Oz was a BIG thing in my house. I still love her dress smile

14. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Buddy Holly and Patsy Cline

15. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

It's been a little over a year, and I still miss Tim Russert, Meet the Press.

16. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Jimi Hendrix
    Otis Reading
    Lowell George
    AND
    Crunchy the Clown

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lowell George isn't dead.  He lost some weight, had a facelift and became the ShamWow guy.

17. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Josaphine Brown, watched a documentry about her a couple of weeks ago, just an amazing women.

18. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

No Mate... C'est Mort.

19. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Freddie Mercury, smile (sigh)

1. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

OOOOOHHH good call ! I used to really like Queen , got alot of It on my IPOD .

20. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

Chris Farley, one of the funniest guys to come around in a very long time.

Bob Hope, one of the funniest guys ever!

21. maven101 profile image71
    maven101posted 14 years ago

Kurt Vonnegut...I always wanted to ask him about Slaughterhouse Five...

22. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

John Lennon
    Elvis
    Lucille Ball
    Ella Fitzgerald

23. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

Clint Eastwood

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did he die?

24. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

The late, great Beatrice Arthur

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59

http://www.tomatonation.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/bea-arthur-hot-259x300.jpg

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!  No 1 alltime hottie

25. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i was actually sad when i heard that Bernie Mac had died, which was unusual because i usually don't feel sad when celebrities die, but he was pretty groovy.

(lol @ "Crunchy the Clown")

26. goodfriendiam profile image58
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

John Wayne, it was my dads favorite actor, and mine to.

27. profile image0
    James Agbogunposted 14 years ago

Herbert Einstein. For propounding the nuclear weapon theory:  E=M(c*c). So that we may have peace.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Herbert?

2. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Herbert? Would this be Albert Einsteins cousin on his Moms side? I guess that's why the peace thing backfired....

(Sorry, couldn't resist teasing)

1. profile image0
        James Agbogunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know his name, i know his theory.

There's no reason to believe Zsuzsy Bee doesn't know his theory just because she knows his name.

1. profile image0
            James Agbogunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And what do you know about his theory?

2. maven101 profile image71
          maven101posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you know his theory why have you expressed it incorrectly..? Should read as : E=mc²

3. Ron Montgomery profile image59

Ummmm I believe you are mistaken.

It's spelled nukeulor.

28. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

OR... is Albert's secret brother that nobody talked about?  hmm

29. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Roy Orbison. Johnny Cash. Freddie Mercury. And I was a good bit gutted when Sir Alec Guiness died.

30. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

James Dean - Total Legend who I kinda styled myself like, ya know the leather jacket and that look.

East Of Eden is without doubt one of the best Movies I have seen as was Rebel Without A Cause !

Oh and also Marc Bolan of T-Rex, loved that dude !

31. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

Oliver Reed definitely, as my Husband used to hang out with him when he lived here in Guernsey, and Oliver truly was a lovely guy, (not just mad on alcohol as most people think). Even his dogs were all stray dogs he found in various countries when filming on location and Oliver paid for the quarantine to bring them back to Guernsey with him. A truly great actor, and a sad loss to the acting world.

That's a nice piece of info about him.  Have you written (or thought about writing) a Hub on it?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
        mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL, already have, you can find it on my profile smile

32. XTASIS profile image59
    XTASISposted 14 years ago

John Lennon. Intelligence, feeling, simplicity.

33. Gennifer profile image53
    Genniferposted 14 years ago

Princess Diana
    John Lennon

34. battlersunited profile image59
    battlersunitedposted 14 years ago

Wow that's a really tough one. To pick one hmmmm... *brain strain*

I'd have to say.... Tennyson.

35. love my yorkies profile image60
    love my yorkiesposted 14 years ago

John Wayne
    Clark Gable

36. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

#1 Walt Disney, Should have won the nobel peace prize no one has ever brought more happiness to the world.

#2 Dean Martin, Hands down the best male vocalist ever.

#3 John Wayne, does anything really need to be said

37. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

Kurt Vonnegut- author
    James Stewart- actor

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)