Preparing Fresh Fruits for Smoothies : Vegetable and Fruit Smoothies
Preparing Fresh Fruits for Smoothies : Vegetable and Fruit Smoothies
it is summertime, fun time again and as it gets very hot all people in the households are all waiting for smoothies to be served. Smoothies gets children going and it is one way of making them eat healthy fruits and vegetables by sneaking in those vegetables and fruits in the smoothies. Even adults too, it gets them put that smile after drinking smoothie, and what a refreshing way to sit down and enjoy it sitting down in your patio, just relaxing. Smoothie vegetable is also becoming a trend nowadays with the hype in healthy foods. Preparing fruits and vegetables for smoothies are easy as it gets, you just have get a blender-- plus a fresh vegetables and fruits, then you are set to go. Don't forget the ingredients you can put, and yes, you can prepare a healthy one -- low carb low fat smoothies by choosing low fat and low sugar ingredients for your smoothies. The yoghurt, milk and sweteners should be healthy. From washing, cutting and actually blending them is just easy as it does after you prepare it. For some vegetable smoothies
Washing Fruits and Vegetables
Green Smoothie -- Vegetable smoothie
Preparing the fruits and vegetables for smoothies
- Always prefer those organic fruits and vegetablesfrom fresh markets or the nearest supermarkets
- If you cant get organic fruits and vegetables then as long as they are fresh it is ok. If you can, try to avoid the canned fruits and vegetables as they have high preservatives content.
- Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly in cold water, by running it with water or in the sink
- For some fruits you don't need to peel them because the nutrients are in the peel of the fruits
- Deseed some fruits if they have seed of course
- Cut the fruits not as thick so that the blender will be just using it mildly. I take machines as some kind of humans too, the less they do the job its better and lesser electricity
- All you need is milk, cream, yoghurt if you choose to, and dont forget to choose the low fat, low carb sugar if you like to add and cream which is low fat again. All low fat and low carb for a healthier smoothies. Or protein powder, flaxseed, wheat germ, bee pollen and sweet honey for sweetener are another alternative for you.
- Cold smoothie needs ice chunks depending on how many glasses you are going to make
smoothie -- strawberry
Vegetable and fruit smoothies
You can make a lot of fruits and vegetable smoothies from a combination of fruits and vegetables
For fruit smoothies : melon, orange, peach, strawberry, apple, pineapple, raspberry, banana, cherry, watermelon, kiwi
or a combination of fruits
- banana, pineapple plus strawberry
- strawberry, kiwi plus banana smoothie
- apple strawberry
For vegetable smoothies -- tomatoes, celery, spinach, carrot, cucumber, cauliflower, squash, avocado and broccoli are all time favorites
You can mix fruit and vegetable like
- strawberry and celery
- cucumber and carrots
- cucumber and tomato
- cucumber and apple
- spinach and carrots
Uses of Blender
- it can crash ice for cocktails like pina colada etc
- make puree for vegetable and fruits
- crush ice for fruit and vegetable smoothies
- make solid into liquid generally
smoothie -- pineapple smoothie, apple smoothie and strawberry smoothie
Making Healthy Smoothies Basic
HUBS cooking Ingredients
- Healthy Preparation of Cold Fruit Salad
Like I always say, summer time is fun time and while enjoying summer activities and the fruits, flowers and vegetables are fresher than ever people like to eat fruits and vegetables during summer. Fruit salad...
- The Basic Of Meat Stew :: Techniques in Stewing Meat :: Pork and Beef Stew
Stewing meat is just simply boiling it or simmering the meat with low temperature cooking. Meat stew as in pork or beef stew is just cooking meat with simmering technique of cooking meat using low temperature...
- Low Temperature Roasting For Flavorful Meat
Roasting like grilling and barbecuing is as old as our forefathers. It has been practiced by people since the start of civilization. They just use open fire roasting specially in the open fields where they...
- Fish Grilling Techniques
Fish Grilling techniques. It is summertime, fun time, summer outdoor grilling is an activity we never fail to do, and grilling fish is a superb activity because fish is healthy and nutritious. In fact,...
- Grilled Home Style Brine Pork Barbecue
Grilled Home Style Brine Pork Barbecue Technique. It is summertime in the Western world and we are off to a hot summer. The sweltering heat of the sun makes for a dip at the swimming pool and a good barbecue...
- Techniques in Making Hot Chili Sauce
There are many chili hot sauce and many variants which are available in the local supermarkets from jalapenos, Heinz chili tomato sauce (not so chilly) and lots of South East Asian variants of hot chili...
- Techniques on How to Boil and Grill Corn on the Cob
Techniques on How to Boil and Grill Corn on the Cob. It is very easy to cook -- grill and boil corn and you can master it in simple steps. The basic of grilling and boiling the corn comes with a fresh corn to...
- List of Healthy Cooking Oils
Well, cooking oil which contains fat can be healthy too. Fat as a nutrient is needed by the body but should not be taken in excess amount because it is bad to the overall health. Excessive use of it is the...
- Stir Fry Brown Rice Preparation Technique
Rice is the staple food of more than fifty percent of the world population. I grew up eating brown rice specifically as it is more healthier. In the preparation of stir fry brown rice with veggies, it is best...
- Cooking Techniques in Noodle Soup
Cooking Techniques in Noodle Soups. Cooking noodles is as easy as it gets. You can cook it while sitting watching TV and/or doing other things. I prefer to cook noodles the natural way than buying it because...
- Techniques in Cooking Dried Beans
Beans is defined as any of various leguminous plants. Beans belong to the genus Phaseolus such as the "common bean plus the runner bean, and the related genus Vigna" of the family of pea. Examples of beans...
More by this Author
Different Kinds of Leavening Agents. What are leavening agents or leaveners? Leavening agents are substances that are used in batters as well as doughs which are used to soften the dough and it is also used for...
Yes, even if you are single and living alone, you still need cooking appliances and cooking utensils, because you still eat (that's a given) and at times you can't go out because of the weather and you need to cook. The...
Easy to Prepare Cocktails : Mixed Drinks Made Easy. A cocktail is a combination of mixed drinks -- spirits usually mixed with other ingredients usually to have a distinct taste so as the taste of the spirit is easily...