What is your favorite dessert?

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (47 posts)
  1. profile image0
    miolunaposted 13 years ago

Do you cook it by yourself or buy already done in a store?

1. FloBe profile image65
      FloBeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

After a meal just a cookie is my favorite...but if it's a special treat then it's some kind of chocolate cake (lots of chocolate!!)

2. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

payes, my mpther cook it for me.

1. profile image0
      miolunaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know what is the payes sad Can you please describe this dessert?

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

its a combination of creamy milk and rice

3. Louis Taylor profile image60
    Louis Taylorposted 13 years ago

home mad eis much better!
    Apple crumble. Or blueberry cheescake! OH!
    I know very boring english desserts but me loves them smile Especially if I made them from my fresh home grown fruits

4. mythbuster profile image70
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

Some of my friends tease me about this but I still like Jell-O lol I'll make it myself but I'll eat it if someone else makes it, too.

smile

5. sid_candid profile image56
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

My favorite dessert has to be Chocolate Brownie. I just love it and never can get enough of it.smile

6. H.C Porter profile image79
    H.C Porterposted 13 years ago

Home made Boston Cream Pie or Cheese Cake. Now I'm going to go nutz thinking about them big_smile

7. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

I don't have a sweet tooth and I'm not really a dessert fan, but I do enjoy some nice fresh berries with fresh whipped cream topping. But it's got to be real cream not the canned stuff or cool whip.

8. profile image0
    Rookie70posted 13 years ago

Peach cobbler (hot and baked) with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. For added flavor, I'd cut up some bananas to go on the side.

9. Chaotic Chica profile image61
    Chaotic Chicaposted 13 years ago

I bake award winning cheesecakes which are so easy to do but my favorite to make was my first first-place winner- a caramel apple pie with a hint of chocolatey goodness!
    As far as my favorite overall, that would be a quality canoli. Mmmm.....I miss a good canoli!

10. leatherfootball profile image59
    leatherfootballposted 13 years ago

Just a cup of fresh fruit is the most delicious thing for me.

11. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

Homemade pie, all kinds but REALLY homemade with a real homemade crust from scratch.  I make pie in the winter and bake a berry pie for my boyfriend on his birthday, which is next week.  smile

12. Denise Handlon profile image87
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

I always have room for a chocolate chip cookie.  Homemade (fresh from the oven) are the best!!!

13. richtwf profile image60
    richtwfposted 13 years ago

Sorry but going to name four!

Apple pie and ice-cream

Pancakes and ice-cream

Sago in coconut milk with fruit cocktail

Chinese Almond pudding

14. sim0n30 profile image61
    sim0n30posted 13 years ago

Homemade rhubarb crumble and fresh ice cream

15. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 13 years ago

crème brûlée

I order it in restaurants.

16. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

I would be partial to s bit of rhubarb every now and again.

1. camlo profile image84
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I ate loads of strawberry and rhubarb yoghurts today. About 10 tubs, I think.

17. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

tiramisu

1. camlo profile image84

I've eaten so much of that in my life, I can't even look at it any more.

18. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I have a weakness for authentic, freshly made Greek desserts.
    my son's girlfriend is Greek and her mother makes them and sends them over.  http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgYLGZfZ_ddMkvWRa14TWKBZpJ147tKcp6Hn_cIhA-djPW2k4&t=1&usg=__szGEaIvzU394SuPcd0efVxfuruY=

they are seriously delicious. similar to baklava but lighter.

19. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

http://files.aminglingoftastes.com/uploaded_images/LemonBars-797923.JPG

Also love a good lemon bar.

1. camlo profile image84

Mmmm ... that looks nice. I'm getting hungry again.

20. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

this thread made me go eat a pumpkin muffie...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9LDhhPHvHTwR5YVhkjg_7XGFUXMrOqduqgbcoREmiiCSp3Ak&t=1&usg=__5TBKwriL_Wv1Q5Ws7HxosF0kQe0=

21. timorous profile image80
    timorousposted 13 years ago

I like making either Apple Crisp, Brownie Pudding (the kind with a nice cake texture on top with chocolate sauce underneath), or a good old-fashioned Apple Pie.  All fresh ingredients, of course.
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

22. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 13 years ago

anything with peanut butter in it

1. mmoeller profile image60
      mmoellerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Favorite dessert??  Is this a trick question?  It all depends.  If Thanksgiving, what's better than pumpkin pie??  Really?  In general, the best is something they serve at Old Chicago.......the BIG COOKIE.....with ice cream.  Can you say Yummy???

Mark
      <snipped link - no sigs please>

23. profile image0
    prayersposted 13 years ago

Swedish Apple Pie (with Rome Apples) hot out of the oven with Vanilla Ice Cream!

24. europewalker profile image79
    europewalkerposted 13 years ago

cream puffs

25. sabrinaaq profile image60
    sabrinaaqposted 13 years ago

Something with peanut butter or chocolate in it!!! big_smile

26. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I have several favorites....depends on my mood, the weather, where I am, who I'm with, etc.....

Turtle cheesecake

Hot out of the oven peach cobbler...lots of flaky crust

Homemade coconut cream pie with toasted coconut on top of the merigue

Just about anything with pecans, walnuts or caramel.  LOL

27. profile image0
    rainbowsparklesposted 13 years ago

i love the chocolate brownie

28. lilmissbookworm profile image60
    lilmissbookwormposted 13 years ago

I like lemon meringue pie. You can't beat it, yum yum piggies bum!

29. bojanglesk8 profile image61
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

Probably ice cream.

30. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

Strawberry Cheesecake!!  but, I don't know how to make it sad

Otherwise a chocolate peanut butter bar   (yum!!)

31. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

I have several favorites!  Homemade apple pie, fresh peach cobbler right out of the oven, rhubarb cake, pumpkin pie - I could go on!

32. elayne001 profile image79
    elayne001posted 13 years ago

My favorite dessert is pumpkin pie, so you can imagine I really look forward to Thanksgiving. Sometimes I can't wait for that holiday so I treat myself for my birthday the month before with a slice of yummy pumpkin pie from Anna Miller's. Delish.

33. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 13 years ago

Turnips.

34. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 13 years ago

I had mascarpone creme with strawberries yesterday ... delicious!

35. maudine_05 profile image60
    maudine_05posted 13 years ago

mine is Leche flan it's similar to a custard cake in the US

36. Catering101 profile image61
    Catering101posted 13 years ago

I love baking my homemade cheesecakes, my nieces and nephews adores them. smile

-----
    Check me Out!

37. PierrePierre profile image60
    PierrePierreposted 13 years ago

Totally vanilla ice cream and lava cake is a good combination.

38. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I love whatever dessert we happen to have on hand - right now its a homemade carrot cake with vanilla cream cheese frosting I baked yesterday - but sometimes its just those great chocolate cookies that come in a tine or sometimes I make cheesecake - I will never turn down a dessert - can't thank of any I don't like.  sigh.  smile

39. akirchner profile image91
    akirchnerposted 13 years ago

Apple crisp, apple pie or apple snack cake....or peach pie with vanilla bean ice cream...or NY cheesecake - I'm flexible!

40. MichelleArakaki profile image60
    MichelleArakakiposted 13 years ago

i am a dessert person. But i love the leche flan, cheesecake and pumpkin pie with ice cream. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)