She slowly opened the box. (what is in the box?)

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (55 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Gracie Sophiaposted 13 years ago

A creative writing exercise. What is in this box?

1. Origin profile image60
      Originposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pandora. tongue

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only Hope...............Pandora has LEFT the building..........

2. profile image53
      kidjohnsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There was nothing in the box.  It had all been a cruel joke perpetrated by someone she loved.  The box sat on table to be seen after all had left the house.  There was no note as to it was for or what it was.  Curiosously I approached the box and as I began to lift the lid, I had second thoughts.  I imaged a coiled up spring loaded snake coiled and ready to spring into action as soon as I lifted the lid.  I thought twice and back away.

I sat on the table for hours.  Paranoia was its intent, than it was working.  Couriosly I again approached the box. This time with precaution. Using a brooms handle I nudged  the lid but the box top kept slipping and falling back into place.  I searched for an hourn neglecting my chores seeking a suitable device to flick open the mystery box.

please finish...

3. starqueen13 profile image60
      starqueen13posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Colors! more colors than she could ever dream of! she tried to tell other people of the gray business-like city she lived in, but everyone turned their heads, saying they were to busy for this young girls childish nonsense. She grows sad, but empties the box right outside of the town, letting every color seep into the ground and spread around the world. The big cities left in their gray misery.

wow that was fun, i had a different way to create writing exercises

4. Crazywriterchik profile image62
      Crazywriterchikposted 13 years agoin reply to this

She walks towards the box tentatively. It jumpes slightly and she stops in mid step. Crystal wants nothing more than to see what's in the box, but watching it jump makes her think twice. She still feels the need to open it, she can't help it. When ever someone says not to touch something she can't seem to stop thinking about it and must touch it if nothing else.
      She takes another slow step towards the table that it sits on and suddenly it jumps again. "Don't freak out it's just an empty box" she tells herself. She takes another deep breath and steels herself to open this box. As her hand reached the top of  the box it jumpped one last time. The top flew off and out of the box came a small fairy surrounded by a soft golden light. The fairy floated in front of Crystal's face for a few breaths then waved and flew out the closest window leaving Crystal in utter shock.

5. Wayne Brown profile image79
      Wayne Brownposted 13 years agoin reply to this

She open the box rather slowly af first, wary of a package having no return address. Then methodically she pushed the lid back on its hinges to reveal the contents inside the box.  It was the .38.  It was the very pistol she had used to kill that bastard down at the strip club.  But how could it be?  She had thrown it into the river that very night.  No one knew, and no one had seen here dispose of the weapon.  What did it mean? Was someone planning to blackmail her for killing that worthless pimp? Surely not! All the girls hated him, he was cheap and kinky and his breath always smelled like death taking a shit.  He forced himself on the girls after the show each night.  Some poor girl was always the victim.  At first he had left here alone and she had always vowed that he would never touch her without paying a price. Finally, he called her hand and she was ready.  She went along with the game long enough to get him in to the car. Then she pulled the .38 and blindly unloaded the revolver into his sorry ass.  She then ran from the car with the gun and left the goon bleeding like a stuck hog in the front seat.  She wiped the gun clean and threw it into the river at midnight.  It had been the perfect crime.  No one reported him missing, everyone was glad the bastard was gone.  She and the girls down at the club felt much more relaxed.  And now, she could not believe her eyes.  Now the crime had come full circle.  It was truly perfect.  She now had her old daddy's .38 back where it belonged.  All was right with the world.

2. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Empty. The tampons are gone. Now hubby has to go to the store for her.

3. profile image0
    Gracie Sophiaposted 13 years ago

Yes, I have asked hubby to buy my female products before when my cramps were so painful that I laid on the floor in tears. However, if you were writing a story--what would be in the box and how you would lead the reader on and on until it was revealed?

4. profile image57
    AmiePowellposted 13 years ago

A box. Nothing special. Just a plain box sitting in the middle of the dim room. She sat in the corner staring at it. She began to creep towards it. She wasn't supposed to open it, but she just couldn't help herself. She hesitated just a bit before placing a trembling hand on the lid. She wasn't supposed to open it. But the lid was loose. She couldn't just leave it closed. Slowly, she lifted the lid, eyes wide with anticipation. She pulled the lid back. The inside of the box was dark. It looked empty. She squinted her eyes and leaned forward to get a better look. Something glinted in the far corner of the box, and she reached inside. It was a ring, and when she tried to pick it up, it stuck. She pulled and the bottom of the box opened, flooding the room with warm light. When her eyes adjusted to the brightness, she faced a beautiful meadow swathed in sunlight. She crawled into the box and out of the dim room and never looked back.

5. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 13 years ago

Nothing, her flat mates had got to her Swiss soft centre chocolates first and had scoffed the lot.  (I know its not as creative as Amie's contribution but I like realism.

6. Aiden Roberts profile image67
    Aiden Robertsposted 13 years ago

She slowly opened the box, her heart raced, she finally had closure on the years of torture. There he was the animal who had spent his life making her's a misery.She slammed the box shut and her new life began,

7. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

She contemplates a new hub... But fails and tries again.

8. profile image0
    WizardOfOzposted 13 years ago

the box revealed wrapping paper.  Outside and in.  Layers and layers.  It was the color of Vodka.  Her drink of preference.  Any drink would do, of course, and today it was beer she discovered.  A little gift she had wrapped herself.  The night before was just another she would never remember.

9. shadowdrive profile image60
    shadowdriveposted 13 years ago

ME!!!!! ok so in all honesty, She slowly reaches forth into the mystery realm of the dark and empty box only to feel a tug with the force of all the horses pull her inside to which she finds herself, not in kansas anymore, but instead surrounded by waterfalls and chirping birds and then a giant reptile like bird swooshes down on top her and carries her off to the highest mountain where she is overlooking an amazing forest filled with flowers and trees as tall as mount Everest (ok so not that tall) and all the vibrant colors cause her to go insane and fall off the cliff. the end.

10. Better Yourself profile image51
    Better Yourselfposted 13 years ago

She slowly opened the box. Inside was a photo of her father cradling a baby in his arms. As she lifted the photo a piece of paper fell out. It was a small note with the words, "you will always be my baby".

11. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

she has found my puckered belly button dried up like rice paper now.

12. leeberttea profile image57
    leebertteaposted 13 years ago

She couldn't believe her eyes! It was as if all her life had been spent in darkness, unable to see what should have been obvious. She thought about all the complex issues of her time that perplexed her, confounded her, and how she struggled with the solutions, never knowing if she had done the right thing. She wonder about her past relationships the love that she won and lost, and how she never understood why Stan suddenly left her, telling her simply they had grown apart. What did that mean? She struggled with that for so long never fully coming to an acceptable conclusion. Now she stared into the box before her, a warm white glow illuminated her face, the light of understanding, and for the first time she could honestly tell herself she knew.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow.  This one is totally riveting.  Makes me want to read "the rest of the book",  and that's what good writing is all about!

13. monica_w profile image57
    monica_wposted 13 years ago

She shrieked at the sight of a dead rabbit covered with blood. Almost immediately, she threw the box away as if her life depended on it. She panicked and thought of who might have sent the box to her...

14. sammyfiction profile image61
    sammyfictionposted 13 years ago

Looking in the box Janet gasped as she saw the knife covered in blood. She shut the lid quickly and reopened the box and saw the exact same thing, a knife with blood on it. She closed the lid again and put the box back under the tool cupboard where she managed to find it. 'What do I do?' Janet asked out aloud. She stood up and paced in a small circle. She looked at the space where she put the box back. She bent down to reach for it again and then didn't. Tore between right and wrong, she didn't know whether or not to call the cops, or to confront her husband.

15. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 13 years ago

The big wobbly dildo that she'd ordered online.

16. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

thanks! gave me an idea for a hub.

17. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

In the box she purchased at the store
    She found a raven, the bird of lore.
    Then she fell upon the floor,
    To be lifted ...nevermore.

18. Ben Evans profile image65
    Ben Evansposted 13 years ago

She slowly opens the box.  Now expectations often run high when want takes front billing on the great marquee she has in her head. A person may think of many things like a box full of money, or a special item of great worth, or Maybe some papers from a long lost multimillionaire relative who left her all their wealth.

"What if it would be some pearls that were sent from a South Sea Island?", she thought.  Going there and being able to thank this mystery person who sent these beautiful beads of oyster's lore may cause her to want to stay and enjoy a uncluttered perfect life.

Just as this illusion forms in her head, she pulls the corner of the box. There is a cloth.  It is not silken and it has a crinkly feel to it.  She quickly pulls the other side of the box open and takes a piece of wadded paper out.  It is dress wrapped in plastic and nicely folded.  It has semi-frilled ends coming out of the bottom of the plastic bag which is protecting it. 

On the dress sits two keys with a ring binding both of them together.  At the very bottom of the box is a rose which is wrapped.  She takes out the rose and a thorn cuts her finger.  The bleeding is no match for her readiness for what is about to happen...................

19. mysterylady 89 profile image60
    mysterylady 89posted 13 years ago

She stares at the box. then lovingly caresses the lid.  Perhaps it is a surprise birthday gift, she thinks.  "After all, I had a birthday two weeks ago but was forgotten.  Maybe this is the sweater I gave so many hints about.  Or perhaps this is my old diary I lost such a very long time ago.  Someone found it and is returning it to me."

Wavering back and forth, at last she gives into temptation and opens the box.

Pandora has done it again!

20. jennshealthstore profile image81
    jennshealthstoreposted 13 years ago

She opened the box, only to find another box. When she opened that one, again she found a box. She kept opening boxes only to find empty ones. She got to the last box, expecting it to be empty, only to find an engagement ring with a note that says "turn around". Her soon to be husband was standing there on one knee as he took the ring from her hand and put it on her finger, asking her to be his bride. Accepting, she cried tears of joy.. Opening all those boxes and finding nothing until the end made her realize that sometimes you have to go through a hole bunch of nothings to finally get to the something.

1. UniqueBeauty profile image60
      UniqueBeautyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

beautiful! *tear*

21. bayoulady profile image69
    bayouladyposted 13 years ago

She slowly opened the box , being wary because of the peculiar odor wafting from inside it.She pursed her lips as soon as she opened it an inch more.

Sure enough ,pepperoni instead of sausage! "Fiddlesticks", she muttered ,filling her mouth with the first bite of the stringy ,cheesy pizza. Will Terry ever get my order right?

22. UniqueBeauty profile image60
    UniqueBeautyposted 13 years ago

Peering curiously at the box, she wondered at what was inside. Wrapped in colorful paper, it was no bigger than a thimble. Delicate, intricate, and ever-so intriguing. The little girl tip-toed to the table, cautiously picking it up, and held it in her soft hands. Untying the scarlet ribbon that was thinner than her mother's yarn, young Cadie took off the lid, leaning down to view this odd boxes contents.

"Boo!!" Suddenly a tiny man jumped out of the box. He appeared as an elf would- pointy shoes, wearing bells, and an outfit to match the wrapping paper. Cadie's eyes grew wide in disbelief!! What a joy! Just like a story her papa had read to her.

"Sir- what is your name?" The polite child was interested in finding out who he was.  Was he a gift? A treasure? Was he even real?

As if in answer to her thoughts, the elfin-like man jumped up and ran up her arms to her shoulder, and stared at her. His face was wrinkled, like Father Times. A long crooked nose, that appeared Mother Goose-like. And wide blue eyes, that if she weren't mistaken, were very angry. "I, my dear young lady, am a Ambassador to your father for my people. You may call me Terio if it so suits you. Your nosy little self has just ruined a very good idea, for now I shall have to find your father, rather than him finding me. I wanted an element of surprise. Now it is all ruined. Now, please, set me down and let me be on my way!" He stomped his foot, which poor Cadie barely felt through her thick winter coat. Leaning down, she let him climb onto the table top wear his box now set. Terio marched over to the box, and by some miracle was able to reach in and to her surprise, he started to pull out beautiful, miniature items! A tea-cup with silver and blue roses. A sack, with embroidery that looked royal, and a tiny book- it looked like Rumpulstilkskins!

Kneeling on her knees, the precious child dared to venture a few more questions- that surely even yourself would have asked, if put in her situation. "Telio, sir, why have you come as an ambassador? Are there more of you? What are you???" Her face had turned quizzical, with her upturned nose scrunched to her eyes. Telio turned around, facing her once more. At first he appeared that he was going to yell at her. But then, something changed and his weathered face softened.

"Dear child, my people and I are indeed real. We were here long before your family came. We are hop-nots. Just a smaller version of you. We live in the forest with a town and council. Everything is as modern as can be. We live very normal lives, and have made allies with the animals. However. Your father, though a gentle giant, has made some deals that would exterminate our town. I have come with plans and a deal that would preserve us, and still allow him to do as he wishes- with a few minor adjustments. Your father is a kind man, and I once knew him well. I'm sure that if he had known we were there, he would never have made the plans. Now, child, I must really go. Pack my things and go to his office. I assure you- all things are done and ready. If he doesn't agree to the plan, we will relocate. But I am sure that won't happen." He smiled- for the first time- at Cadie, whose eyes had filled with tears, but was now smiling back at him. She handed him some bread crumbs and just a drop of tea, and told him that if he waited just another hour, papa would be home.

So they talked about her family and his, what they liked to do, and how they liked to do it. He told her of his favorite foods, and of how he liked to swing his little children around the mushroom plants.He told her how to make rose water with the dew, and tea with the grass. Why- he even taught her how to make bread with acorns and leaves! They had such a jolly time that the time did fly. In fact, they didn't even notice when the man of the house arrived. He stood back in the distance, watching and listening, and knew that the deal had to be changed. He remembered his old friend Terio, and no, he never knew, that the plans he had drawn up, would have destroyed Terio. For a moment longer he stayed, reminiscing about the past. But then turned and left, changing the papers he had just made in the past.

Returning, this time more loudly than before, Cadie's papa held the papers, while he stood in the foyer. She ran to him, leaping in his arms. And soon a barrage of questions about Terio came from her mouth. Terio stood quietly, waiting for his turn. As her papa set her down, and came in further. He layed down the contract, with a restricting order, that nothing was to be down, down in the forest fern corner. Terio looked up at him, tears now in his eyes, packed his things and turned and went his way.

Cadie looked at her papa, wonder in her eyes- "Daddy why did he leave? Why didn't he stay behind?"

He looked down at his daughter, innocent and sweet, and said, "My dear baby, don't worry- he had a family to see. You opened up a box that you had no right to do. But I'm glad you did, as you showed to me the truth. That no matter how small or how big, that we all matter. We were all made for a purpose- forever after."

23. John999181 profile image61
    John999181posted 13 years ago

She impatiently sank her tilted head into her shoulders, to try and gain what could only have been an extra few milliseconds; her eyes fixed onto the widening gap as she slowly opened the box.  With her arms at full stretch, part of the lid eventually lifted up and away, like a bonnet off a fast moving car.  The once applauding audience stared on in silence as the embarrassed girl sheepishly pushed a green handled hand-saw away from under her feet.  After taking a quick glance into the blood sodden box, she spun round on her recently purchased "new job" shoes, and nervously bowed to the crowd, thinking to herself "Talk about having a bad day at the office; Oh well, I guess I'm not cut out for being a Magicians Assistant"

24. Lindac21 profile image61
    Lindac21posted 13 years ago

Pandora is a lady of mistery and suspense. The box is a mystery. That is it's intention! Actually it reminds me of lat christmas!

I am given a box, the anticipation almost kills me. Am i allowed to open it? He nods,

Excitment fills me, I open the box....... a huge silver rabit vibrator. WOW! Ohhhhhhhhhhhh thank you Santa xxxxxx

25. Sky321 profile image83
    Sky321posted 13 years ago

Another box.

26. Ben Evans profile image65
    Ben Evansposted 13 years ago

She slowly opened the box.

"Miss, Please stop right now.  That box is now the property of Charles County".  Officer Pederson went on to say, "You will have to talk to the prosecutor if you want to open it"

This was the only thing in the world that she had of her son before he vanished.  Her fiance got this box from her son before he was arrested.  Yes, this was the second arrest on the Night Owl Expenditure Brief.

Officer Pederson reached down to grab the box and she quickly grabbed the the flap and ripped as the box was being pulled away.

A vase fell and it was made of carnival glass.  It fell on the carpet and surprisingly didn't break.  It was filled with sand and small pebbles which scattered over the carpet.  A exposed piece of paper that looked like a note was sticking out of the vase.

Officer Pederson quickly grabbed the vase and said angrily you are going to have to talk to the prosecutor.

All she could think, "Is my son still alive?"  Could the other things in the box tell her where her son is?

27. kennynext profile image75
    kennynextposted 13 years ago

All the secrets of the world are in the box. If there was no box to hold these secrets, all secrets would be known. It is best to let the box be.

28. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

She slowly opened the box, In the box was a dish of lox,
    with the lox, next came a pair of sox, inside the sox was
    a beautiful box and in the box there was a ring.

she screamed " A RING, A RING, A BEAUTIFUL RING" , will it fit
    around that thing?

29. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

It smelled like lox
    Or roadkill fox
    mouldering socks?

'twas most obnox
    no friend to jocks
    lock that box!

1. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

She locked the box and forgot the sox, slowly she began to dig  through a bunch of rocks. "What is this?" she laughed with glee. she couldn't believe it was Ron Montgomery. Carefuly she pulled him by his hair wondering why Ron was buried there.

1. Ben Evans profile image65
        Ben Evansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is not spam
        or a box of ham
        I should not open it
        I don't think I can.

I will not shall not open that box.
        even if it is full of moldy socks.
        A plate full of lox or a mooing ox.
        or a perfectly good throwing rocks.

I don't need to tell you.
        I hope you can see.
        What ever is in there
        has not piqued my curiosity.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Makes no sense...

No hair smile

30. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

This box you speak of, it is not empty?  It might be empty.  Then again it may very possibly hold a Japanese cat.  One must not dispute the fact that most cats would be happy to have a box such as this.  A box can be the best thing in the world!  Yes, yes, your box has a Japanese cat.  I have the proof!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfGOlEiz … re=related

31. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...some great memories...

1. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

memories of cats and boxes?  memories of mouldy soxes and roadkill foxes?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no...different personal memories...different thoughts.....but I did look at the video - it's good....cats are so silly sometimes!  ha ha

2. AEvans profile image70
        AEvansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh Mega , I know about the box but it is always fun to be a different spin on things sometimes. smile

32. profile image0
    SirDentposted 13 years ago

As the lid opens at the pace of a snail crawling across a sidewalk, a voice escapes it's prison. It is the voice of the evil one, sounding like many voices rolled into one. As shocked as she was, she refused to close the lid. As she inhaled her next breath, the voice entered her and she was no longer who she used to be.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that's good SirDent!

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. Now I need to add more to the story.  tongue

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

After the Voice took shape inside her frame, it had gotten to the point where it had always wanted to be. Nothing would satisfy the craving that gnawed inside, until it got the one item it had longed after for such a long period of time.

After finding her car keys, the Voice headed out onto the street driving around block after block. like a lighthouse that shines through the fog to signals nearby ships, the arches shone inside the car windows.

The Voice pulled into the parking lot driving around toward the back and from the speaker came a voice saying, "Would you like to try one of our value meals?"

33. leni sands profile image68
    leni sandsposted 13 years ago

A frog called Jack....

34. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

ever see that Saturday night Live skit called _ _ _ _ in a box?

35. Richard Craig profile image59
    Richard Craigposted 13 years ago

A fake bloody finger

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A real bloody hand with a wedding ring on it. She knew that ring! Time stopped, she fainted mercifully...

36. spikeage profile image61
    spikeageposted 13 years ago

Crystalline beings of various hue & carat weight clad only in platinum chain mail with a crown or tiara perched atop every pointy head.

37. A.Villarasa profile image62
    A.Villarasaposted 13 years ago

Pandora must be twirling ih her grave...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)