Is there other world or is Earth it.

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (21 posts)
  1. profile image53
    haj3396posted 13 years ago

Please give me scripture from the Bible.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only ignorance would lead one to believe that Human Life is the only form of conscious life.

If your question is with regards to life in general, then there are plenty of life-forms on Earth, other than human.

If your question is with regards to outside our universe, then I would have to say that the probability is higher for life(even human life) could be living elsewhere versus there being a real god. lol

1. Dave Barnett profile image56
        Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey, Cag. Sorry I keep bumping up against you, but what do you mean? Every animal on the planet is conscious, and if you actually meant INTELLIGENT, same there, and that book is still out on man, cause if we cause our own extinction, then I'd say we aren"t intelligent and barely conscious.

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you should read the words I wrote better? Just a thought. My words were not complicated or screwed up in any way, shape or form. Your inability to comprehend simple words, would lead others to believe you're not trying to understand, but simply have your own agenda, whatever, that may be.

Or maybe, your view is so narrow and/or skewed, you cannot fathom common things, such as words of a language you seem to use on a daily basis. If you are unsure of the language, then I would suggest you use a dictionary to learn more.

Either way, enjoy. smile

Changed my mind. You aren't smart enough to contribute anything of value to isoteric conversations. What is it YOU don't understand about CONSCIOUS. Dolphins are conscious, you dip sh-t

2. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"and the worlds were framed by the Word..."

3. agvulpes profile image85
      agvulpesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The person did use the word "world" ?  As against 'Life' maybe they would like to clarify the question a wee bit more?
      Am I being a tad pedantic here?  Is the question metaphoric? If so I'm outa here cool

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi agvulpes! smile smile

2. kess profile image60
    kessposted 13 years ago

nothing will be impossible to those who believe...

...so earth ain't all ......

3. Teresa McGurk profile image61
    Teresa McGurkposted 13 years ago

Fascinating question; thank you for asking it.

It has now been determined that most of the universe is made up of completely unknown matter and energy; however, since what IS known about the universe is that the stuff we ARE familiar with is so vast, so huge, so. . .   --so, like, BIG, ya know? that it is arrogant to believe our little planet is the only one containing conscious life forms. 

I'm afraid I don't have scripture to quote on this issue, as the information mentioned here was not available to the original writers of the collection of essays and poems that make up the Bible.   

http://hubpages.com/u/3456925_f520.jpg

My Mom told me a story, don't know where it came from, but she often paraphrased sections of the bible. A meeting in heaven of many heavenly reps, and Lucifer/Satan was the rep of earth, suggesting, that there were those who rep other places. Sorry, not much help. Now I'll say what I do know. The earth seems to be an anomaly, and definitely is, in this solar sys, further, SETI has for 40 yrs trained radiotelescopes on various points in our sky, and found no sign of technology on apar with our own. Could be some out there who are way lower, or way higher on the technoladder. There is nothing in the bible that definitively says we aren't alone., but there is more that is NOT in the bible which one would think would be.

4. thirdmillenium profile image58
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

Bible is silent about other worlds. It says nothing at all about people or other forms living in other planets. In fact, it does not even talk about other planets.

Bible is all about man on the earth. It does not even talk about other life forms here on the earth

At a conservative estimate,  our galaxy alone has some 100,000 planets with some or other form of life. (Carl Sagan) I do not doubt him

That is an estimate based on odds. Met Carl once, cool dude. AND proof of extraterrestrial life has not yet been detected, but earth similar planets have. The chances that one or more other planets would be populated by humans is extremely slim, but not impossible. There is also conjecture about possibilities of life that isn't based on carbon at all. The actual number of planets suggested by Carl, is actually the result of another man's mathematical probability formula and yes yours IS conservative. No prob though, your point is still valid.

As to your biblical point, the stars are mentioned (many times) and many animals are named in the bible. "Ravening wolves" "birds of the field" "fishes" not to mention Jonah's Whale. More examples exist, but a short list suffices.

1. thirdmillenium profile image58
          thirdmilleniumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Dave. In deed the animals mentioned by you and many others are there in the bible but they are only incidental to the point the bible wants to make. Not even a passing acquaintance with the story they are featured in.

They  are bit players like say  a German guard standing ramrod  in the scene at the gate in the movie Where Eagles Dare wherein Clint Eastwood and Richard Burton bluff their way into the Eagle's Nest. There is really no difference between him and the gate he is at. The gate is there, he is there too. that's all.

The other point is about stars.  Stars, yes but not a word about planets. It is taken for granted that stars are precluded from being potential life-holders unlike plants.

Hope  I made my point is clear.

Thanks for the chance to clarify, Dave

2. profile image53
      haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry you would believe a man over God. God do talk about other worlds. Hebrews 1:2
      Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Hebrews 11:3
      Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

Job 2-1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

2 And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. Satan came representing the earth, where did the other son come from?

5. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

can't you guys find the Bible online?  and just read it and believe it if you wanna - it was written, oh, how long ago?  but I'm sure it is just the last word on everything!  not.

6. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Why must it be in the scriptures to be a fact. Even God said there are things we are not meant to know.  If it is possible for us to be here, then why not other planets outside of our solar system. Surely in all the universe there are other planets that are capable of sustaining some kind of life forms. Human or otherwise. I think anything is possible, and maybe probable.

7. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

In fact, probably, there are many places that support many kinds of people who do not believe the Bible is the only WORD that can be trusted or believed and discussed.

8. canadawest99 profile image59
    canadawest99posted 13 years ago

Well nine planets and few dozen moons formed under just our our sun, and there are a billion billion suns out there in the universe, so what do you think?   

Oh, right, the bible doesn't mention those planets here in our own solar system, yet we have seen them up close and even landed on some of them.

9. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Asking this question speaks volumes! lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)