Baby names

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (79 posts)
  1. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

so what are some really unique girls names ? back stories, meanings and origins appreciated..

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Be careful with unique - she'll spend the rest of her life spelling it...

sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

is certainly a consideration. Actually when Jennah looks through baby name books/lists and asks me how to pronounce something, I answer by saying that it doesnt matter because that name is now off the list wink !

some that we were considering - but none really have made it for us yet

Ivy
        Thalia
        Xylia (zyla) (xyla)
        Emma
        Lyra
        Ana
        nola
        naleigh
        Neola
        Asalia (Azelia)

i like many that have been suggested and my opinion is probably not going to win if we dont actually agree on something that really calls us

I was planning on showing her this thread after it grew a bit

For a boys name we had been decided! Kavik Michael , or Malichai michael ...it seems girls names are much harder

2. sagbee profile image57
      sagbeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mariah...Means my love...I like teh name very much..

3. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you want any special type? like English, Greek etc..

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Greek ones are nice

smile

1. profile image0

Ignoring Greek one...... smile

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I like Sophia knowledge and then Beautiful -- gold lira --

or Sophia Lyera

3. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

macie lynn --- i had a lil boy in my class that became attached to me quickly and his sister macie did too -- lynn because one of my closest friends middle name is lynn

1. Sab Oh profile image55
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lynn is the name of a particularly rough city near here. That would rule it out for me.

4. _cheryl_ profile image82
    _cheryl_posted 14 years ago

My daughter's name is Janessa, I think I've only heard it 2 or 3 times after having her. My husband and I came up with it. Other unique girls names....Neveah (na-vey-ah), Shaanti (was told it means "a good feeling" ?) Emilyn, Kalea (bright in Hawaiian)....

1. SiddSingh profile image60
      SiddSinghposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shanti (or Shaanti)- with "a" as in "are" and "t" pronounced softly, means PEACE/TRANQUILITY. It is a Sanskrit word.

1. _cheryl_ profile image82
        _cheryl_posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for clarifying. It's my niece's name, very pretty.

2. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Neveah isn't very unique anymore, no offense. I know about six women who have named their daughters Neveah in the last year.

I like the names:

Oleysia: Not sure of the meaning.
      Calysta: Most beautiful.
      Brianna: Strong, Pure, Virtuous.
      Nara: Contented.
      Bridget: Strong.
      Moira: Exceptional.

I've always felt that it is important to remember that you are naming someone who will someday be an adult.

5. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Isn't it Malachi not Malichai (see wot I mean!).

If you like Emma, how about Amelie or Aimee (both French) or even Emily.

Just be careful how you combine names.  I had a friend in school called Nicholas Anne.  It was bad enough part of her name was a boy's name, but try saying it quickly.

6. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Come to think of it, only the Brits are likely to get it.  Americans talk about panties, not knickers,don't they?

Translating, say her name with an English accent and you get Nickerless Ann...you can imagine what she had to put up with in the playground.

yep, knickers is  reserved to literature and british comedies and gangster movies, I dont think many (at least in my age group and likely in subsequent generations) even know of any association to knickers. At least here in nY, slang and usage varies alot across the regions of the US

your spelling of malachi is correct (biblical origin) ..im just a horrible typer ... the plan was to call him 'kai" anyway

I will be careful of names that will lead to torment...since I was a terrible little tormenter myself, i think i still have an ear for it.

"marijuana pepsi" really! well, im more of a Coke guy (see how that works on two levels, but I kid..its 4am getting loopy

thanks!

7. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

Just don't give them a name they will be tormented for. Some parents have no idea what they could be subjecting their childern to by naming them some off the wall crazy name. My uncle likes Ford cars and trucks..named his first son "Justin Edsel" Just an Edsel...
    I recently read of a woman named Marijuana Pepsi. I can't remember where she worked but they had a picture of her office and a sign on the door read "If waiting for Marijuana have a seat"...Quite misleading!! smile

8. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 14 years ago

I personally like Aviva. It means springtime in Hebrew, and it's especially cool because it's a palindrome (and almost impossible to misspell/mispronounce).

that is nice...and im strangely fascinated by palindromes

ana and eve were in the list ...

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What about Gia? *wink*

2. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure I would want to name my kid after one of the worlds largest insurance companies tongue

9. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

- Eva
    - Erin
    - Thea 
    - June
    - Maya
    - Ria

(some are goddess names and some are casual names)

did you notice my affinity for goddess names? - great selections, thanks!

1. Anolinde profile image79
        Anolindeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In that case, how about Thalia?  One of Greek's muses if I remember correctly (also had a Greek acquaintance with that name).  I think it's a pretty name smile

10. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Sharon means princess.

Amy is nice smile

1. Cathi Sutton profile image67
      Cathi Suttonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ariah is pretty!  But I also like Gracie!

My daughter's middle name is Grace .. I call her Gracie smile

11. N. Ramius profile image72
    N. Ramiusposted 14 years ago

Cheska or Shana

12. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Abrianna " Mother of many nations or
    Jala which means a kind person.
    I also love the name Paige and Adriana smile

I am so excited you are having a girl!!!! smile

13. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

hey sunforged we could always use more Lacey's in the world...
    Lacey
    Lacy
    Lacee
    Lacie

yes I have given it away my real name is Lacey smile

1. w_elizabeth profile image59
      w_elizabethposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL! that's a lot of laceeeeyyyyyy...but it's a cute name..s

14. Sab Oh profile image55
    Sab Ohposted 14 years ago

I think some consideration should be given to the fact that the name given will actually be someone's name, rather than just what is 'interesting' to the parents at one particular time.

great reminder, I would have forgotten

I'm just sayin' ~

People can get carried away sometimes

2. Dorsi profile image87
        Dorsiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very true and good observation!

15. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

One of my grandaughters is Chrysten Aliyah and the other is Ireland Victoria.

Beautiful names .. I especially like the name Ireland.

16. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 14 years ago

A newborn baby that I photographed the other day had a beautiful name:
    Angelrain

Love it!

17. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

My niece uses the place of conception for her kids middle names, Claudia Paris (conceived in Paris) is one example.

We had several names picked out for both boys & girls as we did not know what we were having, as soon as we saw her, we chose her name & it fits her to a T!  I could not have imagined naming her anything else.  Same goes for my son...I don't think I could have named either of them before I saw them.

1. Colebabie profile image61
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would be, Cole Ft. Lauderdale... hmm.

I like the names Ava, and Liliana.

My niece is Miley smile

18. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

SF, I have this fascinating book about names, not just what they mean. it was written by Roy Feinson and is called Secret Universe of Names. It has to do with language and sounds and how they evoke feeling. I found it at a barnes & noble on the bargain table, took it to work and everyone wanted one. so we wiped out all of their copies.

sample of your own name, Joshua:  he takes the JSH phonemes and comes up with, internal. insightful, thoughtful, determined, introspective, and intuitive when it comes to interacting with the world.

extraordinarily loyal worker, flexes mental muscles. mixed-brain dominance, both right and left.

your romantic life, you want to be the shining star in her universe. 

the JSH sound has a nice, calming effect.

how did he do?

if you want, give me a name that you love and I'll see if it's in here.

the mixed brain dominance factor is intriguing..Im an artist and a statistician, I tend to get "whole brained" when I take the little mensa style quizzes and related books on types of intelligence

Life is probably easier with a clear one side dominance

It sounds like a fun read. Ill look for it.

Thanks for sharing that with me. is it immodest to say, i think that pegs me eerily well!

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought so too, at least what I know about you.
        there's much more info on each name.

you can order it off amazon, or check out your local bookstore and see if they have a copy. I was lucky and found this hardcover book for 5.00

it's a fun book to look up all your friends and family members names.

your girl is lucky, it says you are a steady source of support and dependability in your love life. once you take the leap, you're in it for better or worse. wink

19. sunforged profile image70

Thanks everyone for sharing so many great names with me !

As a general response, yes, im well aware that the new life form will carry the weight of its name throughout its life. I do believe (as Rebekkah pointed out) that a name and its connotations on the listener/speaker are reflected back on the development and personality of the one who is named.

Its hard to imagine a grumpy, "Moonbeam" or "Summer" On the opposite spectrum... I cant envision a light-hearted Mordechai or Ichabod. Who would you take more seriously in a position of responsibility, "Ivy" or "Irene"?

My current leanings ( although very permeable)

I like the strong meanings and perceived power of Greek Names (Goddesses and Mythology) I also think such myth isnt well known anymore and just may be too difficult to spell and pronounce for most americans.

I think arabic and Hawaiian names sound very beautiful and I would enjoy saying them frequently.

I also seem to be leaning towards shorter names or names which I dont think will be naturally shortened by others.

Like Arianna is nice..at least i think so, but Ari ...is an angry charcter in a HBO sitcom.

Hardest decision ever smile at least for now

1. Lily Rose profile image85
      Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I, too, really wanted short names for my girls that wouldn't - or couldn't - be shortened by others.  My daughters are Emma Rose and Kate Lily. 

Funnily enough, a couple of years ago I stumbled upon a book at the library called Emma Kate - it turned out to be a very cute and clever children's book.  I ordered two from Amazon so each of my girls could have one to keep!  Sorry I got a tiny bit off-topic there!

Can't wait to hear what you decide on!

20. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

That is one thoughtful father. I can't wait to know your choice. smile

21. profile image0

well then my name is out...my name is Irish big_smile

Well, no, Im irish, so irish isnt out, But pronounceable, spellable irish female names are hard to find.

Lacy is a great name. I will be attending the wedding of very good friend named Lacy very soon, but alas, as I have a close Lacy already, it will not be my choice.

it fits all my requirements though..short, pretty, suggestive ..I think its french in origin but is a common irish name

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

a common irish last name lol

hmmm...I should look for my baby name book...where did I put that thing? I can check out some names for you if you would like.

2. Haunty profile image73
      Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I remember Luciendasky wanting to knit a lacy-something and you chose it, because your name was in it. smile

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's right! I remember that too. I totally forgot until you brought it up Haunty smile

22. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

These are names of some of my sister's and nieces.
    I looked them up to see what they mean:

Caitlyn:
    The meaning of the name Caitlyn is Pure
    The origin of the name Caitlyn is American
    Alternate spellings: Kaitlynn

Ceara
    The meaning of the name Ceara is Black
    The origin of the name Ceara is Irish
    Notes: Alternate spelling of CIARA

India This is my sister's name and I like it a lot. 
    The meaning of the name India is Person From India
    The origin of the name India is English
    Notes: Became popular as a name after the character in Margaret Mitchell's GONE WITH THE WIND.

Indiya
    The meaning of the name Indiya is Form Of India
    The origin of the name Indiya is American

Samara This is my sister's name I like
    The meaning of the name Samara is Result,Reward
    The origin of the name Samara is Arabic

Lauren
    The meaning of the name Lauren is Laurel
    The origin of the name Lauren is American
    Alternate spellings: Lauryn, Laurynn
    Notes: Lauren Hutton, fashion model/actress.

Darla
    The meaning of the name Darla is Dear,Loved One
    The origin of the name Darla is English
    Notes: Character in the "Our Gang" Little Rascals movie short series.

23. profile image0

I'm planning on naming my daughter Sierra Lee big_smile thought of the Irish spelling Ciara but decided on the Mexican spelling since we want the boy to be the Irish named child and the girl the Meixcan named child...hehe

24. profile image0

Found my book and intantly opened it to the 'R's...the ones that interested me were Reyna (greek for peaceful), Rhea (greek for brook, stream and also says mythology: mother of Zues.

25. profile image0

Okay this is my last post..gonna get off because hubby is home...but sunforged I found a few nice Hawaiian names for you..one of them is one of my middle names too big_smile

Alana (Alanna)- (Irish) Attractive; peaceful. (Hawaiian) offering

Kalei- (Hawaiian) Beloved; flower wreath

Lani- (Hawaiian) heaven, sky

Leia- (Hawaiian) child of heaven

Nani- (Greek) charming (Hawaiian) Beautiful

26. Chaotic Chica profile image60
    Chaotic Chicaposted 14 years ago

I went with Emily for my last child then found out the year prior (2005) that was the number one name.  I really wanted a special name due to the numerous Jennys I know that hate their name because everyone else has it.

My first daughter's name is Dusty (father's choice) but I was going to go with Dakota.  We also liked Audrey Rose.  I don't know about meanings but they are pretty.

You also don't hear alot of Leona or Louise anymore: Leona is Spanish for female lion and Louise is Spanish for female warrior.

1. profile image0

My great aunt is named Leona. I think it means heart of a lion or something similar. It is truly a dying name though, and that's too bad as Leona is a nice name.

1. Chaotic Chica profile image60
        Chaotic Chicaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hated it growing up because all my friends had all those preprinted dog tags and bike plates and door tags and necklaces and such and I had to get the ones with the stickers you had to make yourself!  As I got older I appreciated having such an 'old' name, it set me apart to a certain degree.

1. profile image0

Well, creating those stickers yourself certainly made you creative! So maybe it was a blessing in disguise. I hate having such a common name, actually.

My real name is Heather. Heather Lee with my middle name. Within my family, there are two Heathers, one of which is also named Heather Lee. There were three Heathers in my grade, one of which was also named Heather Lee. And I met six Heathers while I was in treatment.

Every Heather I ever met, except for me, was blond with brown eyes and an amazing body, but a really superficial personality. I really dislike my real name, which my parents drew out of a hat anyway. I prefer to go by Pani smile

2. profile image0

I like both the names Emily and Dakota.

I like my name but I have always liked my sister India's name.

Dakota is very cool.

27. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Butch and Doris!

28. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

This may sound strange to some but you should consider the numeric results of a name and the spelling.

Summer=26/8  8 may bring good things but also not good in all things

Arianna=31/4  The 4 isn't a good number but could be spelled differently

Ariana=26/8 Spelled this way the 8 may bring good things but also not good in all things

Abrianna=24/6=This one as suggested by AEvans has good numbers.
    The 6 is good for marriage, healing and health

19/10/1 are the best numbers for a name.

1,  2,  3, 4,  5,  6, 7, 8,  9
    A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I
    J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R
    S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z

29. profile image0

So Sunforged? How does the search for the perfect baby girl name going?

30. sunforged profile image70

Its kind of funny, but when we were looking at boys and girls names, prior to knowing the sex, my suggestions and ideas for a boys name were taken into consideration and agreed with much more by my partner!

For a girls name, I seem to be getting shot down.

Jennah is currently favoring:

Adia Elyse

meanings of:

Adia - swahili - gift / german- noble

If I accept 'Adia" then I get full naming rights for the middle name.

One could write entire books about the mechanations ( <--- hmm, apparently this isnt a word) of name choice and the related internal relationship power struggles

My grandmother's name is Adeline and it has the German meaning of noble like Adia you mentioned.  I suppose it comes from the same origin?  In which case, I also like Adele, Adelah and Adelia smile

31. profile image0

Hmmm maybe you should write a hub about the hard decision making of baby name choosing big_smile

32. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Gwendalina - I dare you.

33. Sab Oh profile image55

Just to toss a stone in the water:

Does anyone see anything...odd...about choosing a name for a baby that is clearly from, of, or related to a people or ethinic group to which the baby and/or her parents have no connection?

1. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do a little, But in Britain that kind of things is definitely 'chav culture' we tend to stick to pretty traditional names.

2. sunforged profile image70

Lol, How so?

1. PostModern world -
      2. I certainly aim to be not a person created by my direct environment and time but rather a person who can find worthwhile knowledge from all times and places...

But He is:

Born of Native American/californian Botanist and Scotch/Irish Polish Air Force Investigator in Germany.

Raised by Irish Grandparents and Baptist Minister father - majored in political thought with enough credits to easily surpass requirements for a double major in Political science, religious thought and philosophy...oh yeah and fine arts. oh yeah ..Fine arts minor just so they would let me take the courses. Ended up a buddhist leaning vegetarian living in the region of Cornell (major multi-cultural community) in an area of NY where everything is named after the Greek and Roman culture placenames of the original founders

So with a love of knowledge and ancient to modern history culture and thought...what pray tell is my "people" ...and who should do the blood test to figure out my ethnicity? I speak german and read latin (or did, when studying often)  and can manage with some pidgin spanish - am I not allowed to appreciate elements of these cultures?

In a nod to Oli's britishness - I have been watching alot of football hooligan movies - so Sab Oh - Go ahead and "jog on" join the bluebloods and ethnic purists they always do great things in the world

Isnt the british royal family purebred? or is that inbred? sorry but I cant find any positive associations with being pigeonholed into an ethnicity or culture - and after all..obviously, Im a robot

"so Sab Oh - Go ahead and "jog on" join the bluebloods and ethnic purists they always do great things in the world "

What the heck is that supposed to mean, and why was it directed at me?

And, you seem to be saying that profession, interests, or course schedule equates to ethnicity for some reason. That's interesting.

34. sunforged profile image70

'tis the reverberation of the stone you threw in the water

35. Sab Oh profile image55

In a completely unrelated anectdote, I've some familiarity with certain neighborhoods in NY and MA where the homes are multi-million dollar 'new money' brickabrack collections whose owners are if anything reflexively hostile to religion. They never fail to sport at least one stone Buddha or museum-quality Hindu statue inside or out in front of the home. They play with other peoples' cultures as fashion statement or curiosity. Some of the more 'sincere' ones take a very luke-warm stab at pretending to be Buddhists because they recognize that they are lacking something important in their lives but long ago decided their own family's religious heritage wasn't cool enough for certain social circles.

Oddly enough, some of these people choose to saddle their children with names that are of great significance to the cultures they originated from but just sounded nice and 'unique' to the parents at one time.

Not related to anything said here, just thought I'd share.

36. Amanda Severn profile image94
    Amanda Severnposted 14 years ago

Friends of mine had a son called Sam. When the second child arrived it was a girl, and they were quite keen on the name 'Ella' until someone pointed out that the two names made an unfortunate combination (Here are my children, Sam 'n Ella!) LOL!

Personally I'm fond of the names Tamsine and Keziah for a girl, but both got vetoed by my husband when our daughter arrived.

What did you decide on?

37. Naiana profile image54
    Naianaposted 13 years ago

Kiahann  \ KI-yarn \

38. minxibell profile image61
    minxibellposted 13 years ago

for years I wanted my first born girl to be called Vada mia I completely hold the film my girl responsible for that choice.

When I was pregnant I went over loads of names
    Harmony runa - the flow of sound as she was always calm when I played music

I decided on Chloe Tabitha in the end, & she is definitely a Chloe beautiful & cheeky

If she had been a boy originally it was: Dante Loki - as me & the father where a little bit morbid heavy metallers Dante sold hid soul to the devil & Loki is the angel of death as friend & family didn`t appreciate the thought behind it, she would of been Aidan lewis or Aidan Conner - meaning little fiery warrior.

If I ever had another girl I would want Alexia

39. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

I always thought if I had a little girl I'd name her Desiree' which means long time desired. But I never did and never will. ohhhhhhh.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)