First $1000 month....

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (62 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

$1157.88 to be precise, with the likelyhood of a fair few Amazon items being shipped today to add to that, and about 8 hours of AdSense earnings to go before the month actually ends smile

I am very happy with that, although a few big ticket Amazon items bumped that up significantly. My target is now consolidation for September, followed by a steady increase in October and November for the Xmas rush, and then consolidation again in December when the AdSense activity seems to die a little.

How has your month been? Good? Bad? Average?

1. EatLovePray profile image60
      EatLovePrayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats! Well, I just joined.. so I'm keeping my expectations low for my pay! Lol! But, it is great to know that we have some successful hubbers here like you! yayy!

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are some much more successful hubbers, trust me.

2. emievil profile image67
      emievilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Ryan! You're progressing so fast. Maybe this time next year, we'll hear that you get twice (or even thrice) that amount.

I reached more than $10 in Amazon for August alone so payout is just around the corner. My Adsense is doing good (for me, at least smile), hoping to reach payout in less than 4 months' time - which is faster than the 6 months in my previous payout. After that, and with Christmas season coming in, I'm hoping to reach another payout by December smile.

3. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ryan, that's fantastic!  kewl dude!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO22Z0T3qPE

big_smile

2. Don Simkovich profile image60
    Don Simkovichposted 13 years ago

Congrats on your first month of over $1,000.00. I'm still shooting for my first month of over $100.00, although I keep getting closer.

1. netlexis profile image63
      netlexisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me, too, Don. $100 month would be nice, but if we keep at it, we should see it soon. And with Ryan and other hubbers sharing their success, it's easier to keep up the enthusiasm.

3. Anna Marie Bowman profile image75
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 13 years ago

Not that good.  Better than normal.  But then again, I haven't been writing anything, or doing anything lately.  Just came back around.  Should be even better a few months from now, still, not that good, though. Congrats!!!!

4. europewalker profile image80
    europewalkerposted 13 years ago

Congrats! Nice to know it can be done.

5. Anath profile image62
    Anathposted 13 years ago

Not good, but like Anna Marie, I have not been writing anything and I've hardly been online.  Actually, maybe considering that I've had a very long holiday, maybe I have not done that bad at all :-)

6. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I have been seeing a strong increase since July.   Since the crash, Adsense was seldom above $800,  but now we are back very close to 1K again.  Chitika, which had dropped into the $30-$40 range, is back up in the $60 and up range.  Affiliate and book sales never did go down noticeably so those are fine anyway.

7. saleheensblog profile image59
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

OMG, $1157.88? Its higher than many highest paid jobs in my country.

1. profile image0

Yes but it also relative to living costs, I bet a pint of beer doesn't cost you $5USD either, and I doubt that your rent is $600 per month.

1. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

$600 per month? There are places over there to live for only $600 month? Are you kidding??? My daughter's last apartment was a living room, galley kitchen and bedroom for $1,400/month!

1. profile image0

Well $600 a month is the cheapest one bedroom flat that somebody could rent, yeah.

Where do you live? Bear in mind that I live in Norwich, you may want to look that up on a map.... it isn't exactly all that densely populated around here wink

The price that you are quoting would probably get you similar in a down-market area of London. Or a double room in a shared house in a mid-market or upper market area of London.

My one-bed flat costs me about $650 a month in rent. But there are other costs, I have to pay $150 a month in 'Council tax'. Which is effectively a tax on the non-homeless hmm

I am currently buying my flat for $120,000..... as you can see the rental yields are very low. But I subsequently have to pay about $500 a year in 'service charges' for effectively no service whatsoever, and I still have to pay that council tax...

Many people in the UK are actually better off renting than buying at the moment. I am going to have to spend about $20000 on my flat to make it look habitable...

1. Bill Manning profile image68
            Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have a nice one bedroom apt. in Orlando, Florida in a nice part of town for only $595.00 per month. smile

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image75
              Anna Marie Bowmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How on Earth did you find an apartment, in a nice neighborhood, near Orlando for the cheap???  I live about an hour from Orlando, and I pay about $560 a month.  I got lucky with this place.  Most apartments, even out here, run for about $800-900 for a decent place in a nice neighborhood.

Actually there are lots of them here in Orlando. Before this place I had one for only $545.00 a month. However I admit it was not in a great place.

Now, we all have different visions of what a "nice" neighborhood is. I myself like the airport area, east side of Orlando. The 436, Curry Ford, Conway rd, Goldenrod rd. area is where I'm in.

I think it's a nice spot, pretty safe, but it's far from a rich area. I would never live near OBT or the west side of Orlando. Metrowest, once a rich person place, has shootings all the time now.

I live just 6 miles from the Orlando airport. smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
                  Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cool!  I know that area!  I always stay at a "stay and fly" hotel in that area because it is close to the airport!

Yeah there are lots of nice hotels in this area. When I fly out on vacations it only cost me 20 bucks for a taxi so I can leave my car at home. smile

2. profile image0

With 0 hubs in 2 months, you aren't exactly off to the greatest start in your quest to become wealthy in your country then?

8. sagebrush_mama profile image60
    sagebrush_mamaposted 13 years ago

Good job!

1. sagebrush_mama profile image60
      sagebrush_mamaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just checked...first $100 month with Amazon!  Yeah!

9. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

So you take your income is US dollara?

Or are you just translating to a commonly understood currency?

1. profile image0

I take my Amazon in dollars, my AdSense is displayed in £.

So for that calculation I timed my £ sum by 1.53 and then added my Amazon earnings.

In short, yes I converted to dollars.

10. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 13 years ago

congrats! This is where I hope to be in about a year. It was my highest month ever, just $25ish short from $500 (unless one of my big purchases goes through today!) This is from amazon & adsense, about 3/4 of the earnings are from adsense this month.

11. geargirl113 profile image61
    geargirl113posted 13 years ago

Congratulations! I just recently started really working on hubpages so my earnings are up... but so is my number of hubs. I can not wait to be able to see those types of numbers. Here is to many more goal surpassing months!

12. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

That's awesome, Ryan!  Is that all from HP only?

This has been my best month ever for both Amazon and AdSense - just under $260 right now with the two combined and about 11 items that still haven't shipped, so hopefully some more items will have shipped today to pump that total up a few more dollars.

When I first started this just over a year ago I said I would be thrilled to make $200-$300 a month and I cannot believe I'm there right now - now I want more! tongue

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know what you mean! I always said I'd be happy with $100, so I have a monthly payout. Now, I can't wait to get to $1000 a month!

1. Lily Rose profile image85
        Lily Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Funny how greed works, isn't it?!  Now I want $500!

13. Paradise7 profile image70
    Paradise7posted 13 years ago

Cool deal, Ryan.  Great!  I'm glad you're making it happen for yourself.  It gets me to think about writing more, contributing more.  I've been a bit lazy about writing hubs.  (Or researching any other places online to write and get paid.)

Really, good for you, my friend.  Good for you!!! 

big_smilebig_smilebig_smile  $$$$$

14. profile image0
    Surabhi Kauraposted 13 years ago

Cool, Congratulations! I am not even earning a single penny, but I like writing articles and it gives me satisfaction and makes me apolaustic. I hope I earn someday. It feels good when your work proves your worth smile

1. Paradise7 profile image70
      Paradise7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You'll get there, no worries.  There's quite a bit of lead time before pay out, for everyone!

1. profile image0
        Surabhi Kauraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for encouraging Paradise7

15. chip22 profile image61
    chip22posted 13 years ago

Great going Ryan!

Seeing successes like yours gives me motivation to keep plugging along. Hope to reach the $1,000 level by next year.

16. Mutiny92 profile image65
    Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

that is wonderful!  Congrats!

17. lakeerieartists profile image62
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

Congrats Ryan.

18. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

$600 per month rent! WOW!  My daughter is paying almost $500 & it's only 1/4 of the rent. 2 bedrooms/1 bath.  Cheaper than the dorms though.

congrats Ryan.

19. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

I didn't quite make half that much, but this month was really good!

You can buy a 40 acre farm around here for $120,000.  Includes deer, turkey, woodlands and streams!

20. Anna Marie Bowman profile image75
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 13 years ago

I guess I like my far quieter suburban life out here.  I'm close to the beach, close to Orlando, should I need to go there, close to everything I could want.  I am looking to move to either a house or at least a 2 bedroom soon, though.  This place to too small.

Close to the beach is nice. Orlando is getting crowded. But with me working at home I don't notice it as much as others who have to drive to work. I'd love to move to Sarasota.

1. sofs profile image77
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!! COOOOOOL!!!

21. Kidgas profile image63
    Kidgasposted 13 years ago

Congratulations, Ryan.  You know that you have worked hard to achieve this level of earnings as do I.

Also, congrats to Lily and girlygirl (you two greedy gals).

22. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

This is my best Adsense month ever.  Amazon was decent but not as high as last Christmas.  I'm way ahead of where I was this same time last year though, so I'm optimistic.

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image75
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great news, KCC!!!  Great seeing you here, as well!

23. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 13 years ago

Congrats Ryan! This is a real encouragement to many Hubbers including me.

24. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Way to go Ryan!  That's an accomplish that most of us can only dream about.  I have to say you deserve it though.  Well done. smile

25. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Wow nice job! You're a bit ahead of me! big_smile

I'm at $45 for adsense and $10 for Amazon, best month yet. big_smile

26. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Grats again Ryan! Way to go! smile

27. raisingme profile image76
    raisingmeposted 13 years ago

I've only been here for four months so I haven't signed up for anything yet - but you 'stats' sure encourage the likes of me to do so in the near future.  Well done!

28. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

Congratulations, Ryan - must be fantastic to see all that hard work paying off.

I made Adsense payout in July, and August has been my best Adsense month yet - I reckon it will take me another 2-3 months to reach a second payout.

I've actually made just under $13 with Amazon this month, which I'm quite encouraged by.  I have about 30 "salesy" hubs spread across two accounts - if I had 100 such hubs, I think I'd start doing better with Amazon than with Adsense!

29. Andrew0208 profile image58
    Andrew0208posted 13 years ago

Congratulations! I love to hear success stories like yours and others. My August earnings already cut off for check payment processing by Adsense was quite impressive.

I'm inspired by your testimony. Enjoy!

30. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

Congrats Ryan. You have worked really hard for this and im happy for you.

And i'm happy for myself for silently reading, following, listening and taking tips and advice great hubbers like you give everyone here. Both in your hubs and in the forums. Because of you i also took Amazon more seriously.

And i've been better off for this. I'm like GG and Lilyrose (i think). Before i reached my first payout, i thought $100 was unattainable. Of course for me then, $1000 was not even in the picture lol

Now i'm gunning for half of that with my fingers constantly crossed.
    I'm glad i listen to you. Who knows, maybe this time next year i'll hit $1000.
    But i need to write more hubs.
    Well done. smile

31. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Congratulatons Ryan! Very inspiring!
    And to encourage others just starting here, I reached payout in June which was 8 months after I started which is pretty average by all accounts, and now just two months later I have reached it again smile It really does snowball!

32. kerryg profile image85
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

Just had my best Adsense month ever, and not too shabby with ebay and Amazon either. On the downside, I tend to do best in the summer because of all the gardening hubs - really need to work on that before xmas rolls around...

33. Timmy(B) profile image59
    Timmy(B)posted 13 years ago

Ryan - your post about renting and council tax in England was spot on and made me laugh. Hubbers reaching four figure monthly sums is a huge inspiration to newbies.

34. Uzdawi profile image73
    Uzdawiposted 13 years ago

Congratulations Ryan!
    I also had my best month ever, I published 21 new hubs and I made $78.46 from Amazon and I made €25.56($32.72) from AdSense.
    Compared to last month I tripled my earnings.It was the first $100 month for me.

35. Peter Hoggan profile image69
    Peter Hogganposted 13 years ago

That’s an impressive achievement Ryan, well done.

36. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

impressive - well done ryan you have deserved it.

37. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Congrats ryankett! In no time it will increase some more! I receive my adsense every month since March but then I want my earnings to increase some more...500 will be good, then more and more, smile..

38. Dr23 profile image61
    Dr23posted 13 years ago

Congrats! $1,000 a month online is definitely something to celebrate and be proud of. Sure, it may not comfortable pay all the bills, but most of us use HubPages as passive, extra income and $1k is a great number.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)