Do you think you look good in photos?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I make a terrible model.  I always look so weird in pictures.  My sister can make me look like I feel I really look.  Why does it take an expert to make me look decent.  Does anyone else feel this way?

1. profile image48
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You look great !

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you are very pretty. big_smile

3. Harvey Stelman profile image61
      Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Stop that right now! You are the most beautiful girl that has ever lived in your body. Seriously, you're a nice looking girl from a mans point of view. The better you feel about yourself, the better you will project.

Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are right.  I sound like I am fishing for compliments.  I tend to complain alot. It's not one of my better qualities.  You are a very nice person to be supportive through.  You and my husband.

2. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

I agree with BC, you look great.  Why would you want to be like a model, they're so fake.  Be yourself and you'll always be happy.

I'm not the greatest but I don't care to be either.  There's a newer pic of my on my new Charleston hub.  Check it out and see how much I care...lol

3. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I require lots of good lighting to be photogenic.

Personally, I'd rather look better in person then in photographs!!!

Most people do look better in person.  Models look less impressive in person.  I would just like to look the same.  My sister is a great photographer.  She can make anyone look great.

4. Maddie Ruud profile image74
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

I like goofy photos of myself.  Photos involving funny faces, especially.  They look more like me.

5. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

I know you won't believe it but somedays people actually mistake me for Johnny Depp, wud you ever believe such a thing.

Girly you and Maddie look great, I wish I was a woman, oh that's right I am Thursdays and Weekends smile

1. Maddie Ruud profile image74
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks BadCo.  I could do with a new profile picture.  Perhaps one will arise from this weekend's upcoming visit to Austin.

1. profile image48
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

So envious of you Americans, I would love to tour America, enjoy Austin and just leave the pic you have, its a happy pic, i like it !

I do enjoy Austin, but I live in Houston... Quite the difference.  Also, I am not worried about the picture, so much at my appearance.  I am the typical American in that way.  People kill themselves for being fat... It is really a great and yet juvenile place.

6. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I much prefer me in real life than in pictures.

1. Drew Breezzy profile image63
      Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

me too!

7. HealthCare Basics profile image60
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

I had to purchase new glasses before this pic. My last eyeglasses made me look like the aging Harry Potter... smile

8. Pete Maida profile image61
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

Not at all.  My oversized nose casts a shadow no matter what direction I'm facing.  My good side is whatever side is not facing the camera.

1. profile image0
      Iðunnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

in on this.  I've never photographed well and I can see flaws in myself in all of them. lol

1. profile image50
        CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think everyone sees their own flaws,you look nice smile

1. profile image0
          Iðunnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so do you.  O.O

hehe.  you come off in print as seeming very pretty.  that's the important side anyway, the inside.  smile

1. profile image50

Always the inside, goodnight and take care !

2. Pete Maida profile image61
            Pete Maidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for that.

9. profile image50
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

I think I look ok in my pic smile

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol, you and Captain Jack Sparrow were made for each other. big_smile

1. profile image50

Yeah I agree smile

10. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

No, I look awful, my eyes squint and I'm starting to look my age - blech!

My whole face seems to be heading south.

11. Herald Daily profile image59
    Herald Dailyposted 14 years ago

I think you look great.  I, on the other hand, need an avatar. smile

12. jenblacksheep profile image68
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

Occasionally I find a pic that I think I look alright in, and I stick it on my avatar/display pic/whatever site im on ... but then I see it too much and start noticing all the imperfections. The trick is to get hundreds of photos of yourself taken, that way the chances are you'll get at least one good one!

13. wannabwestern profile image94
    wannabwesternposted 14 years ago

I'm usually the one behind the camera at my house, so not many pics of me to choose from. I look pretty good on a plastic horse, though!

14. dineane profile image81
    dineaneposted 14 years ago

I've always hated photos of myself.

Just had a really strange experience where my daughter discovered a portrait in a museum in France of a gorgeous young woman that she thinks looks like me. She said it kind of freaked her out, and that even one of her fellow students asked if it was me. If any of you are my facebook friends, you can find it in my photos - she actually tagged it as me :-)

I was just thinking before I saw this thread that the subject has hub potential.

15. anime_nanet profile image59
    anime_nanetposted 14 years ago

I always look bad!

16. Maria Cecilia profile image84
    Maria Ceciliaposted 13 years ago

I really look good in pictures, sometimes it bothers me a lot because I don't want to look disappointing in person

1. andromida profile image57
      andromidaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You really look good.

17. WryLilt profile image90
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Nope. Never look good in photos. Now on camera... that's another story. big_smile

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good to hear one person say that she looks good in photographs, I look better in real life, thats why some i always use some hazy, bright avatar !!

1. WryLilt profile image90
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, bad in photographs, good in video lol!

1. A la carte profile image60
          A la carteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

would like to see that lol

18. prettydarkhorse profile image56
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I could improve on photos. I don't know how to pose etc, I could smile in pic yes. I look better in person, they all say, 

You are beautiful though!

19. Anath profile image61
    Anathposted 13 years ago

Stunning!

20. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

not at all, my profile pic is the evidence!

21. xumer profile image58
    xumerposted 13 years ago

nooooo....not at all sad

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)