Is the story of Noah's Ark a load of bull?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (102 posts)
  1. secretmemoir profile image59
    secretmemoirposted 13 years ago

Given that there are over a million species described how would you fit them on a boat?  Even if you were to take only the mammals, you're looking at a minimum of 5000 described species - in pairs (plus all their food).  Plus all the extinct species

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep! It's a pile of old cobblers written when Noah thought all the animals in the world were within view of his front porch. smile

The ark was supposed to be 600 cubits long, and with quite a wide draft, probably big enough to hold a tenth of the bird droppings and nothing else! smile

secretmemoirposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And how would you stop them eating each other?

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I find it amazing that you have only just reflected upon this. I figured that this was BS by the time I was 6 or 7 years old. I guess that the next step for you is working out that Santa doesn't exist.

1. profile image0

Oops. Sorry. Of course Santa Exists wink

I know!  Goes to show how much indoctrination I received, aye?

3. spookyfox profile image60
      spookyfoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not only bull's... To quote Eddie Izzard pharaphrasing god:
      "Noah, I want you to build me an ark... with a big room for poo" big_smile

or

"I will kill everything!... except the floating ones, and the swimming ones, who will get out due to a loophole."

And good luck trying to put a lion and a zebra in the same room.

4. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Secret:
      Where the hell would a tyrannosaurus rex fit in that craft?
      Hell it'd eaten everything in the ark!   lol

2. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

Perhaps that's how they were fed.  Isn't this along the lines of survival of the fittest?

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

There were a few other problems, too...

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/44180#post1024942

4. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Tsk tsk - Noah's ark wasn't a load of bulls, it was a load of animals, didn't you read the story? tongue

1. profile image0

There are actually more than 800 breeds of cattle, so 800 x 2 = 1600. He probably wouldn't even have go the cattle on the boat!

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What about breeding, later in history? Not all breeds have been around for all time.

1. profile image0

I'm not sure. Its still BS nonetheless!

Did he forget to load the Dodo?

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LoL maybe

2. secretmemoir profile image59

but creationists don't believe in evolution

glad someone picked up on the pun

5. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

No...because I saw it on the Telly...must be true!...Evan Almighty...I think it was...the film that is! smile

1. profile image0

Yeah thats how I realised that Santa did actually exist, I saw him on telly.... he went on trial and the court decided that Santa did exist afterall smile

1. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You saw that too??! There must be others.....!

6. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

And there are multiple stories around the earth about them having a great flood. Maybe they all had their own "Noah person"

But it is easier to dispute it by saying that they each copied the others story.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  Almost every culture has a flood story.  Maybe to Noah and his people, they did collect all the animal species that they knew of or existed around them.

I think words like "all," are over exaggerated in the bible.
      Its the same as with Revelations being taken way to literally.

1. profile image48
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you on this point

1. aguasilver profile image70
          aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too, if you were at a party and somebody said that you knew ALL of the people there, it would be different (scripturally) than if they said that you KNEW all of the people there!

so are you saying you believe in evolution to get the wide diversity of species after the flood?

7. profile image0
    Amie Warrenposted 13 years ago

Yeah, that is just a story to scare the hell out of children. I remember having nightmares about that story as a child, about if we weren't all perfect, God would come kill us all. Sodom and Gomorrah too. Every time I was bad, I would be scared God would turn me into a pillar of salt. I was a kid. I didn't understand the stories. All I knew was that God was a very mean man who killed a lot of people who didn't do what he said.

1. Disturbia profile image61
      Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, what a horrible childhood experience.  I can't remember a time when I ever actually believed any of the bible stories.  To me they were just like the fairy tales my mother and I would read to each other.  I never thought of God as being "real" either.  He was just like Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny both of which I never believed in either.

1. profile image0
        Amie Warrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Remember, I grew up in a Red State, which sort of explains why I'm such a screwed up person today, and also why I no longer believe in God. Having God and Jesus rammed down your throat for 18 years will do one of two things...turn you into a religious fanatic, or turn you against religion entirely.  In my case, it turned me against religion.

8. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

I think the story of Noah's Ark is just that... a story.  However, there are many cultures which have a great flood story in their mythology, so I think there was a flood somewhere in past history, just not specifically Noah's flood.

9. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 13 years ago

The total available floor space on the ark would have been over 100,000 square feet, which would be more floor space than in 20 standard-sized basketball courts.

Assuming an 18-inch cubit [45.72 centimeters], Noah's Ark would have had a cubic volume equal to 569 modern railroad stock cars.
    The total cubic volume would have been 1,518,000 cubic feet [462,686.4 cubic meters] --that would be equal to the capacity of 569 modern railroad stock cars.

Now comes the question, how many land dwelling air breathing animals would have had to be taken aboard the ark to survive the flood?

According to Ernest Mayr, America's leading taxonomist, there are over 1 million species of animals in the world.

God only provided the Ark for the protection of humans and land-dwelling, air-breathing creatures. A huge number of animals would not need to be taken aboard the Ark because they are water dwellers. Representatives would be expected to survive the catastrophe. With God's protection against extinction during the Deluge, survival would have been assured. (Scene from The World that Perished, a Christian motion picture about the Flood)
    However, the vast majority of these are capable of surviving in water and would not need to be brought aboard the ark. Noah need make no provision for the 21,000 species of fish or the 1,700 tunicates (marine chordates like sea squirts) found throughout the seas of the world, or the 600 echinoderms including star fish and sea urchins, or the 107,000 mollusks such as mussels, clams and oysters, or the 10,000 coelenterates like corals and sea anemones, jelly fish and hydroids or the 5,000 species of sponges, or the 30,000 protozoans, the microscopic single-celled creatures.

In addition, some of the mammals are aquatic. For example, the whales, seals and porpoises. The amphibians need not all have been included, nor all the reptiles, such as sea turtles, and alligators. Moreover, a large number of the arthropods numbering 838,000 species, such as lobsters, shrimp, crabs and water fleas and barnacles are marine creatures. And the insect species among arthropoda are usually very small. Also, many of the 35,000 species of worms as well as many of the insects could have survived outside the Ark.

How many animals needed to be brought aboard?

Doctors Morris and Whitcomb in their classic book,The Genesis Flood state that no more than 35,000 individual animals needed to go on the ark. In his well documented book, Noah's Ark: A Feasibility Study, John Woodmorappe suggests that far fewer animals would have been transported upon the ark. By pointing out that the word “specie” is not equivalent to the “created kinds” of the Genesis account, Woodmorappe credibly demonstrates that as few as 2,000 animals may have been required on the ark. To pad this number for error, he continues his study by showing that the ark could easily accommodate 16,000 animals.)

But, let's be generous and add on a reasonable number to include extinct animals. Then add on some more to satisfy even the most skeptical. Let's assume 50,000 animals, far more animals than required, were on board the ark, and these need not have been the largest or even adult specimens.

Remember there are really only a few very large animals, such as the dinosaur or the elephant, and these could be represented by young ones. Assuming the average animal to be about the size of a sheep and using a railroad car for comparison, we note that the average double-deck stock car can accommodate 240 sheep. Thus, three trains hauling 69 cars each would have ample space to carry the 50,000 animals, filling only 37% of the ark. This would leave an additional 361 cars or enough to make 5 trains of 72 cars each to carry all of the food and baggage plus Noah's family of eight people. The Ark had plenty of space.

1. anime_nanet profile image59
      anime_nanetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was just a really big boat. Come on people, colaborate, please!

2. spookyfox profile image60

Ok, now do the math for the weight of all the animals and their food, and how he fed the countless animals that only eat meat for 40 days. Not to mention all the species that haven't been discovered.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image63
        ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

an alternative interpretation that is common among students of the esoteric is it is talking about the zoo within the human anatomy. the first five books of the bible are said to be talking of the faculties of man and I would do quotes but I don't think this particular crowd will be interested.

I read the secret knowledge over at barnes and noble one afternoon:lol: Don't you just love the 21st century?

2. aguasilver profile image70

Go on then, let's see your math to discount it.

Folk always try to constrain God with their human logic, and never actually think about the fact that God is unrestrained, He can do ANYTHING He desires, change time, raise the dead, and change whole sections of history if He wishes... sorry, not if YOU wish, if HE wishes.

Yes there is an allegorical element to the story which makes doubting folk leap on the fact that believers accept the story as fact, but we are not quite as dumb as you may think we are, we simply know that perhaps we are not as smart as you think you are, and realise that some things are unknown with God.

That's why it's called FAITH.

The salient facts are

God looked at the earth and saw that it was NOT good.
        Humanity had lost it's way and was bad.
        He decided to wipe the slate clean and selected a small group of people, who He knew were His, to tell the inhabitants what would happen.
        The other inhabitants laughed at this small group and told them that they were stupid to believe God
        God finally decided that the world was a hopeless situation, and as everyone had been warned of what He was intending, and refused to get into His rescue program....
        God pulled the plug and washed the mess away.

Like I said, an allegory, and one which all those scoffing God today should look at in light of the whole gospel story.

Last call for the Ark....

1. spookyfox profile image60

So he decided to kill everyone in the world except some lucky ones that would get in a boat (which is so fair for those who didn't get in). Must have been some REALLY bad times if he killed EVERYONE but decided to let Hitler live long enough to do his thing smile And btw, those you listed are not facts. If they were, you wouldn't need faith. You need to choose your words more carefully.

You guys are REALLY hung up on this God's not fair business.

God saved EVERYONE who listened to Him, and obeyed His commands, so if YOU had been there, and obeyed God, He would have put you on the Ark as well, and if He needed bigger Arks or more of them, He could do that also, because (being God) He knew who needed to be saved before they knew they needed to be saved.

God is omnipotent and omnipresent... get used to the idea!

You are complaining about the fact that, having refused your invitation to the party because you don't like the dress code, you then call the host a bad guy because you had a bad time staying at home.

It's YOUR fault if you miss the boat!

1. alternate poet profile image67
              alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No- it is not MY fault if I miss the boat it is your omnipresent god's fault - he knws everything, he knows that i sleep in late so why didn't he arrange some kind of commotion outside like kill a kid or something so hte parents wailing and crying would wake me, or perhaps explode a gas main in the opposite building so the crash of the falling builidng and screams would wake me in time?  whot kind of useles omnipresence is that !

then I could have got onto the mythical ark that you have contorted the english language, mathematics,  time and space to fit everything in - and then pigs would fly and they wouldn't need to be put in either

Just the sort of nonsensical reply I have come to expect from you AP.... bleating away with inanities.

It's YOUR fault if you miss the boat.

2. spookyfox profile image60

How exactly does an animal disobey god? And did just one of each sex of each species happen to obey him? And all the fish and ducks, swans, etc. happened to obey him as well?

"You are complaining about the fact that, having refused your invitation to the party because you don't like the dress code, you then call the host a bad guy because you had a bad time staying at home."
              This is complete nonsense! If you want to make a decent analogy, it should be like this:

You are complaining about the fact that, having refused your invitation to the party because you don't like the dress code, you then call the host a bad guy because he drowned you and your family, who didn't obey the dress code either.

See? That's the problem right there, god doesn't say "Fine, don't want to obey me, it's your choice. Go play over there with my other atheist sons and have a good time!". Noooo, he has to say "You sure you don't want to join me? We have tons of clean white robes and more harps than you could count! No? Very well sir, go burn in a fire forever."

yeah, they were still in the book of genesis, not long after creation

2. Beelzedad profile image59
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dimensions: 450′ x 75′ and it had 3 stories (45′) which is 101,250 sq ft. Obviously with smaller animals it will be possible to stack several of them on one deck so we’ll need a 3 dimensional calculation. Let’s use an 75%/20%/5% split for small/medium/large sizes of animals. For Mammals we’ll roughly go with cat, big dog, and horse for small, medium and large. Remember we’re giving them a highly constricting space that is only double their body size for a full year.

Mammals (Small):    (5,400 * 75%) x (12″ x 28″ x 16″) x 2 =    25,200 cubic ft
          Mammals (Medium):    (5,400 * 20%) x (24″ x 72″ x 72″) x 2 =    155,520 cubic ft
          Mammals (Large):    (5,400 * 5%) x (72″ x 168″ x 144″) x 2 =    544,320 cubic ft
          Reptiles (Small):    (8,225 * 75%) x (12″ x 28″ x 16″) x 2 =    38,383 cubic ft
          Reptiles (Medium):    (8,225 * 20%) x (16″ x 96″ x 32″) x 2 =    93,582 cubic ft
          Reptiles (Large):    (8,225 * 5%) x (72″ x 120″ x 48″) x 2 =    197,400 cubic ft
          Birds (Small):    (10,000 * 75%) x (20″ x 16″ x 20″) x 2 =    55,556 cubic ft
          Birds (Medium):    (10,000 * 20%) x (30″ x 24″ x 30″) x 2 =    50,000 cubic ft
          Birds (Large):    (10,000 * 5%) x (60″ x 72″ x 60″) x 2 =    150,000 cubic ft
                  1,309,961 cubic ft

That leaves us 94,961 cubic ft over the limit. I really had no idea how these numbers were going to pan out and please let me state once again they are entirely based on guesses of animal size and distributions of sizes throughout the species. On the surface of these incredibly loose numbers, my feeling is that there isn’t “plenty of room to spare.”

Even though the above numbers are based on a very restrictive amount of space…

… they don’t take into account the structures necessary to partition all the animals which would take up more space…

… they don’t take into account that you would need walkways among each of the animal pens so that you could care for them…

… they don’t take into account the immense volume of animal dung that would need to be scraped out of the ark and tossed overboard daily or weekly for an entire year…

… they don’t take into account the immense amount of food you’d have to bring on to the ark to feed 8 humans and almost 24,000 animals for an entire year…

… they don’t take into account the common misconception that only 2 of each animal were brought on-board. The story of Noah says 2 of each unclean animal was to be brought on the Ark, but 7 of each clean animal was to brought on-board…

… and we didn’t even include all of the PLANT species that Noah had to bring on board as commanded by God…

… and we didn’t even include all of the insects, spiders and other arthropods that should have been included!

http://www.godlessblogger.com/2010/07/1 … noahs-ark/

I can't believe that an intelligent guy like you has been drawn into this ridiculous discussion with maths to boot !   It is such an unbelievable crock of doo doo that only a child could believe it - and most children get over it when the tooth fairy is caught out.

1. Beelzedad profile image59

Yes, you're right. I can't believe it either. smile

3. secretmemoir profile image59

was for more than 40 days - that's just how much it was supposed to have rained for.  Then they waited 150 days, then another 50-odd days.  And immediately found a FRESH olive leaf

3. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

With enough water hitting the earth to drown the entire world all the water will become slightly brackish, including the salt water oceans.  All oceanic life will therefore die (including plankton - the base food of the ocean), as will all freshwater life.

40 days and nights of rain will mean no sunlight for that long - instant "nuclear winter".  Plant life will all die from lack of sunlight coupled with being underwater for months.  Even aquatic plants will die from a change in salinity.  No more food anywhere.

4. secretmemoir profile image59

reptiles, amphibians, insects etc are capable of drowning - they had to go for over 8 months without land.

How did a polar bear come to be in the middle east? Or a kangaroo?  They are never mentioned.

the bible only mentions approx a dozen mammals, dozen birds, and a few reptiles and insects etc.  They had to take on 7 pairs of "clean" animals (which weren't defined until later). 

Over 8 months with the world underwater to over height of mountains  and the plants would be sludge. 

That's over 8 months of food for all the animals and humans without attacking each other.

Water less saline with that amount of water - marine fish would be dead.

So you're actually putting a plug in for evolution by saying there were less "created" species?

Species weren't discribed until 500 odd-years ago, and clearly not many existed in the middle east - if they thought they could fit them all on a boat

"How did a polar bear come to be in the middle east?"
        Must've been the Dharma Initiative.

5. secretmemoir profile image59

I looked up the John W you mentioned - he came up with all this stuff about Noah training 16000 animals to poop in buckets on command.  Even modern zoos with numerous zoo-keepers can't do that!  Also he said Noah would have had to engage in cross-breeding etc.  But in biblical times, they had no clue about genetics - they thought speckled goats & sheeps came about by what plant they held by them

10. ceciliabeltran profile image63
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

Seriously? I mean really? People don't really get the symbolism of the pairs and the boat the flooding. literature is literature. it is not meant to be taken literally. ya know. why do I even bother. ]

Is dumbledore gay? where can we find hogwarts? myth is using these codes to tell another story, an unconscious one.

I think he was gay, he always had a thing for Harry!

1. ceciliabeltran profile image63
        ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Let's bring back the dude who wrote Noah's ark and ask him, how all the species fit into the ark.

Noahs ark could have been one giant big larder full of chopped up animal meat and it was all a gift to the Indian God or any other god in the sky!!!

Imagine how much that would pong after nearly a year!

2. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah but the bible is meant to be taken literally, if you don't believe in one part of it you shouldn't believe in any of it.

that is exactly the point of this thread

11. Hugh Williamson profile image75
    Hugh Williamsonposted 13 years ago

Where did he keep the two woodpeckers??

lol

12. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...i like that story...that's how i got my kitty cat....he would have changed his name to 'A Kitty Ca't and been first in line...I had to put my kitty to sleep today....

http://www.johnworr.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/loading-noahs-ark.JPG

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry to hear that, someway.  Having been there several times over the years, my sympathies are with you.  It is never easy to give a beloved pet that final, greatest gift.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...thanks...yes i'll miss him...it felt okay to do it for him though....no more kitty cats for me .....he broke the 'mold'!

13. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

I still believe, despite all you cynics

Perhaps you mean skeptics?

14. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Noah made a great big boat 600 cubits long
    But when he saw the dinosaurs, he knew he got it wrong!

and what did he do with creatures that didn't come in male and female pairs?  like snails?  and yes, snails can drown.  And what about all the post-ark issues, like nothing to eat when they got out.  And how did the giant snails manage to crawl all the way to New Zealand (and no other country)?

15. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

wow you are a poet, nice one.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile

16. Diane Inside profile image72
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

people take everything at face value, without taking the time to think about the time when Noahs Ark was supposed to have happened. Not all species of animals were there then. Not all the earth was inhabited so why would all of it have to be flooded?  Things like that. If you stop taking it so literal and think about just what has to happen for this to still be plausible, you will realize that it does not have to be so sensational. For it to still have happened.

Apart from there having been a vast number of species at any time - especially in the last 7000 years that flat earthers claim, you also admit evolution which means you are now on the flat earther hitlist of enemies of the state of mind they are in big_smile

1. Diane Inside profile image72
        Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah well Just because I believe in a creator, doesn't mean I believe the same way many do about evolution and things like that.  So I'm an enemy of the state, who cares, I just think many stories of the bible, if put in the proper context, can happen naturally. Not so much magically.  But still could have happened.

Yeah -  if you TAKE OUT the bible context many of the things could have happened to some degree.  It is quite possible, almost probable, that some guy saved his family and his livestock by building a boat prior to flooding.  Without the bible exagerations and claiming all the good stuff for its mythical god it is just normal human behaviour.  The whole world, I don't think so, everyone else, I don't think so, all the animals, I don't think so.

Well, I don't think God is mythical, but I do think he probably is a hands off kind of God.  Let nature take its course, so to speak. Not everything can be explained scientifically yet but it will someday.

how much more scientific evidence do you want?  Is more than the zero evidence for support of the bible

but the bible verses preceding said that humans had spread all over the world

17. spookyfox profile image60
    spookyfoxposted 13 years ago

How come there's no mention of insects? (or is there?) How about microbes?

ha maybe they stowed away.

the camels etc would be full of tics and fleas, and Noah etc obviously had nits, as they are still around today!

they didn't know about microbes back then

well microbes seem to spring up from nothing anyway. lol

18. profile image0
    alberichposted 13 years ago

Yes and long before the human could write we used poetry and stories, in a verbal tradition, as a tool to store knowledge. The magic in what is written enhanced our possibilities to store knowledge but also became another level of bias. If we give an example to describe a mathematical principle. Would the principle be less true if the example never happened? Or if the example actually occured, should the description of what really happened, be of more importance than its function to describe a principle?
    ;-)

I think if it actually occured,  the description is at least as much important.  If for no other reason than to provide clarification.

We know what the game of chinese whispers is like.

19. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Lots of info there Earnest, thanks, I will read it when I can and get back to you!

20. profile image0
    markbennisposted 13 years ago
  21. profile image48
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

The essence of the story of Noah is that people should accept the Messengers and Prophets to know about the ways of the Creator-God Allah YHWH. The boat is not that important

1. Beelzedad profile image59

... or else drown. smile

22. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

yes, dear, it is all bull - all of it, including adam,eve,cain,able,the tower of babble, and angels.  deal with it.

23. evvy_09 profile image60
    evvy_09posted 13 years ago

This is a really interesting post to follow. But I think too many people take the bible stories literally.  Just my own personal opinion (and I could be wrong) the bible was written by man and translated hundreds of times, not including stuff being cut out, changed and embellished.Still the spirit of it is true.  I'm sure if someone was able to travel waaay back in time they wouldn't even recognize the event. But there are so many flood stories around the world that happened around the same time so Noah would have only needed to take the animals native to his area and other people would have saved the rest.

24. profile image0
    alberichposted 13 years ago

And would the mathematic principle be altered whether the example was written or told?

Consequently the Noah story is not a load of bull!

25. profile image48

The essence of the story of Noah is:

1.    That people should accept the Messengers and Prophets to know about the ways of the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

2.    “The teachings” of the Prophets Messengers is the “boat” in which the people must take refuge; else they would get drowned in the ocean of sins.

The boat is not that important

26. Paul Wingert profile image61
    Paul Wingertposted 13 years ago

Noah's Ark was based on a Semaritain story about a merchant who built a huge raft - by strapping other rafts together. One day he loaded up his boat and got caught in a flash flood of the Tigress River. His boat was loaded with animals and goods and they drifted for 3 days.

27. DaKingsKid profile image72
    DaKingsKidposted 13 years ago
  28. profile image48

The essence of the story of Noah is:

1.    That people should accept the Messengers and Prophets to know about the ways of the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

2.    “The teachings” of the Prophets Messengers is the “boat” in which the people must take refuge; else they would get drowned in the ocean of sins.

The boat is not that important; it was a sign for the truthful teachings of Noah from the  Creator-God Allah YHWH.

[11:26] And We sent Noah to his people, and he said, ‘Truly, I am a plain Warner to you,
    [11:27] ‘That you worship none but Allah. Indeed, I fear for you the punishment of a grievous day.’
    [11:28] The chiefs of his people, who disbelieved, replied, ‘We see in thee nothing but a man like ourselves, and we see that none have followed thee but those who, to all outward appearance, are the meanest of us. And we do not see in you any superiority over us; nay, we believe you to be liars.’
    [11:29] He said, “O my people, tell me: if I stand on a clear proof from my Lord and He has bestowed upon me from Himself a great mercy which has been rendered obscure to you, shall we force it upon you, while you are averse thereto?
    [11:30] “And O my people, I ask not of you any wealth in return for it. My reward is due from Allah alone. And I am not going to drive away those who believe. They shall certainly meet their Lord. But I consider you to be a people who act ignorantly.
    [11:31] “And O my people, who would help me against Allah, if I were to drive them away? Will you not then consider?
    [11:32] “And I say not to you, ‘I possess the treasures of Allah,’ nor do I know the unseen, nor say I, ‘I am an angel.’ Nor say I concerning those whom your eyes despise, ‘Allah will not bestow any good upon them’ — Allah knows best whatever is in their minds — Surely, I should then be of the unjust.”
    [11:33] They said, ‘O Noah, thou hast indeed disputed with us long and hast disputed with us many a time; bring us now that with which thou threatenest us, if thou art of those who speak the truth.’
    [11:34] He said, ‘Allah alone will bring it to you, if He please, and you cannot frustrate God’s purpose.
    [11:35] ‘And my advice will profit you not if I desire to advise you. if Allah intends to destroy you. He is your Lord and to Him shall you be made to return.’
    [11:36] Do they say, ‘He has forged it?’ Say, ‘If I have forged it, on me be my sin and I am clear of the sins you commit.’
    [11:37] And it was revealed to Noah, ‘None of thy people will believe except those who have already believed; grieve not therefore at what they have been doing.
    [11:38] ‘And build thou the Ark under Our eyes and as commanded by Our revelation. And address not Me concerning the wrongdoers. They are surely going to be drowned.’
    [11:39] And he was making the Ark; and every time the chiefs of his people passed by him, they mocked at him. He said, ‘If now you mock at us, the time is coming when we shall mock at you even just as you mock now.
    [11:40] ‘Then you shall know who it is on whom will come a punishment that will disgrace him, and on whom will fall a lasting punishment.’
    [11:41] Till, when Our command came and the fountains of the earth gushed forth, We said, ‘Embark therein two of every kind, male and female, and thy family, except those against whom the word has already gone forth, and those who believe.’ And there did not believe and live with him except a few.
    [11:42] And he said, ‘Embark therein. In the name of Allah be its course and its mooring. My Lord is assuredly Most Forgiving, Merciful.’
    [11:43] And it moved along with them on waves like mountains. And Noah cried unto his son, while he was keeping apart, ‘O my son, embark with us and be not with the disbelievers.’
    [11:44] He replied, ‘I shall soon betake myself to a mountain which will shelter me from the water.’ He said, ‘There is no shelter for anyone this day, from the decree of Allah, excepting those to whom He shows mercy.’ And the wave came in between the two; so he was among the drowned.
    [11:45] And it was said, ‘O earth, swallow thy water, and O sky, cease raining.’ And the water was made to subside and the matter was ended. And the Ark came to rest on al-Judi. And it was said, ‘Cursed be the wrongdoing people.’
    [11:46] And Noah cried unto his Lord and said: ‘My Lord, verily, my son is of my family, and surely, Thy promise is true, and Thou art the Most Just of judges.’
    [11:47] He said: ‘O Noah, he is surely not of thy family; he is indeed a man of unrighteous conduct. So ask not of Me that of which thou hast no knowledge. I advise thee lest thou become one of the ignorant.’
    [11:48] He said: ‘My Lord, I beg Thee to protect me from asking Thee that whereof I have no knowledge. And unless Thou forgive me and have mercy on me, I shall be among the losers.’
    [11:49] It was said, ‘O Noah, descend then with peace from Us and blessings upon thee and upon peoples to be born of those with thee. And there will be other peoples whom We shall grant provision for a time, then shall a grievous punishment touch them from Us.’
    [11:50] This is of the tidings of the unseen which We reveal to thee. Thou didst not know them, neither thou nor thy people, before this. So be thou patient; for the end is for the God-fearing.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=46

A Warner from the Creator-God Allah YHWH has come in our own times like that of Noah; I mean The Promised Messiah 1835-1908; please pay attention to his message and teachings.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. skipper112 profile image60
      skipper112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

oh my God paar what a load of rubbish and you belive this. Your God Allah had NOTHING to do with Noah, Allah did bot cause the flood. What is your next claim about Allah?

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
        Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've heard claims, out of all the species  that ever lived on the planet. From all that lived, only 1% to 5% of the species live on earth today.

Imagine 95% of the species sitting on the side lines drowning and thinking …
        What!!! are we too big, too ugly or vicious to come on board???

God was more worried about a silly Unicorn.

29. raisingme profile image76
    raisingmeposted 13 years ago

Thar were only 1 bull!

30. profile image48

Is the story of Noah's Ark a load of bull?

The real account of Noah's Ark has a lesson in it; when the Creator-God Allah YHWH sends a Messenger Prophet; he must be accepted and should not be ridiculed. The real Ark was the teachings or Word of revelation received by Noah from the Creator; those who accepted it they got saved and those who did not listen to it got persished.

In our era the Promised Messiah 1835-1908 has written a book consisting of his teachings and named it "Noah's Ark" in Urdu; those who want to be saved spiritually should accept it; and those who won't accept it would be dead morally and spiritually.

Its translation in English is named  "Our Teaching":

http://www.alislam.org/library/books/OurTeaching.pdf

One may like to access it and read it.

1. skipper112 profile image60
      skipper112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

there was NO PROMISED Messiah, in 1835-1908,   'our teaching' is not a factual or reasonable book. This is not acceptal to Christian's Jew's or Muslims, so it cannot be a true 'Messiah' Anybody else think this unnamed 'Messiah ie real???

31. f_hruz profile image60
    f_hruzposted 13 years ago

Mythology is just that, stories ... nature is the foundation of reality, not man-made stories of super-natural gods, etc. ... religiosity of any kind is based on variations of the same BS

1. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

f_hruz:
      Standing ovation!!!
      Qwark

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)