Scientists Is Discovering Things Of The Bible

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (189 posts)
  1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

Giants in land of Canaan

I thought this was really cool, how scientists keep finding proof of biblical stories!
    Remember the Old Testament story of how the Israelites were afraid because of the GIANTS in the land of Canaan ?
    Numbers 13:33 There we saw the GIANTS (the descendants of Anak came from the GIANTS); and we were like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight." (King James Version)
    There are many lies being told about creation and every wind of doctrine. The bible is a history book that not only tells the past, but also the future. Interesting, What does anyone has to say about the things the scientists are dicovering that is spoken of in the bible?

1. alternate poet profile image67
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Most novels are set in real locations - Stephen King often sets his horrors in American west churches, just becasue the church building is portrayed accurately it does not mean that there is a diabolical workshop under the floor - or maybe it does big_smile

Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

alternate, thanks for sharing

I am always pleased to share truth and light on this subject. smile

'Land of giants' can mean many things, here in China many westerners could be thought of as giants, unfortunately not intellect but in height and width.  When I first came here I could see my buddy at the other end of a crowded street because at 6 foot three he stood a full foot and a half above most other people.

alternate,  you have not shared the truth and light on this subject. Read Numbers 13:33 in the bible when you get a chance. If you don't bother to read it, that will prove to me that you don't care to know the truth. Scientists have dugged up these giants, and found their huge fossil remains of humans.

WOC - i am only interested in the truth - and any information is throwing light on a subject.  You will not find light in your book, only blindness to reality until you start reading it as the metaphorical message that it is.  I see you have not posted the pic of these 'bones' yet ?  maybe this is another 'ark' story where a team of hard core christian pseudo archaeologists are busy on Mount Ararat trying to fabricate 'evidence'?

alternate, Have you read the bible? If not, how can you tell me I have not found light. Here is the website: Giant Archaelogical Find In Greece. You will see real photos of giant human fossils, and it's not fake. I am sure you will found a way to disaprove the photos to disaprove the bible.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
                  psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Because it is fake.  A well known fake.  If it was real, named scientists would have submitted the data to peer-reviewed journals. "Science" is more than a few digital phots, it is a complex process with a lot of careful checks that these do not pass.

psyceskinner, yes science is more than a few digital shots, and the evidence the scientists is discovering goes hand and hand with the bible.

2. jcales profile image56
            jcalesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

China has many people over 6ft tall. especially in the outer regions of China.  Yao Ming and 10,000s of others (or more) I understand in a country of billions it is not the norm though.

2. Cedar Cove Farm profile image60
        Cedar Cove Farmposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yup, there's always one in the bunch.  Trolling around to spread their "truth".  Alternate poet, you will find your answers-someday.  Science is a matter of theories.  The word theory comes from the greek "theos", meaning God, the very word used in the greek texts of the new testament.  To my knowledge, theory is just that-theory.  Unfortunately, modern science does not throw out the theories that are not supported by evidence from the knowledge pool.  Instead, they throw the knowledge back into the pool and look for "new" knowledge, rather than adjusting or changing the theory.  Science is faulty-God is not.  Man is fallible-God is not.  Trust in man and you will lose.

Hi Cedar, thanks for sharing. Your message has a great meaning to it.

3. ceciliabeltran profile image65
        ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Novels too are mediums of insight.

2. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

you lost me here, what giants have we found? I know of dinosaurs? of fossil remains of humans?  ..   pieces of tablets (parchment leaf) found burried with the dead schrools thought to be from the first 5 books- Genisis. Are you refering to that?

Because In truth- we may never find the artifacts, because the Arab goverments controling the land control the dig and research permits also, and they know Israel is choosen and thus prevent proof from being found.

They red tape it to death, restrict the dig areas, so its impossible and sometimes flat dis-allow it for no reason. Sense I have been at Vanderbuilt I have seen true factual sattelite information and samples get trashed for no reason! Just because.

Without that ability,  there is no evidence for the existence of Jesus that comes from the time of Jesus—no writings or artifacts of his, no accounts of him written in his lifetime – and critics often accuse Biblical scholars of creating Jesus in their own image.

According to traditional Church teaching the Gospels of John and Matthew were written by eyewitnesses, but a majority of modern critical biblical scholars no longer believe this is the case.

A small number of scholars believe the gospel accounts are so mythical in nature that nothing including the very existence of Jesus can be determined from them.

Notable researchers like John Remsburg and Richard Dawkins don't go that far,  but they say that while the Gospel accounts are no more historical than any other myth (In fact, Dawkins likens them to an ancient Da Vinci Code) but he also does say the odds are Jesus did exist.

Some of the Other respected researchers like G. R. S. Mead and Ellegard have argued that the Gospel Jesus is a myth based on an earlier historical person described in either the Talmud or Dead Sea Scrolls.

However, the majority of the scholars who study early Christianity believe that the Gospels do contain some reliable information about Jesus, and that the synoptic Gospels are actualy accounts of the different aspects of Jesus.

Like John-writing of jesus in the flesh, Luke- writing on the psychological aspects of Jesus, his mind set....like that. but again you have to keep in mind that its based on Biblical text writen years after his death.

The only way to call it truth is to take it on Pure faith alone with no facts backing you. hard for researchers to do.

They uphold and also contradict each other, so it is hard to say what is correct.

1. Troy C. profile image60
        Troy C.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The evidence is the Bible but you need faith in God and his word. Jesus does exist.

Yep - just bang that book down and then you have no need to think or make an intelligent reply I guess.

1. Cedar Cove Farm profile image60
            Cedar Cove Farmposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We are all awaiting yours.

2. hanging out profile image60
            hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think alternate your country has you not thinking. China is jesus intolerant and how about that, so are you. The people whose houses are being bulldozed are giving up lots, including freedom for their harmless belief and freedom to choose a God to worship. Yet you side with government.  You i am sure are only being politically correct, i would hope the government has not opinionated its people in some way. At what age is this anti-jesus mentality taught to people. In the schools? Or since the Tiananmen square fiasco has the populace become under dictatorship? The 3 self church does sound like a church i would not want to go to, since jesus did not believe in the self life as all important.
            am i correct?

correct ?  you are a babbling like a fool.

China tolerates all religions - but bans proselytising.  Down the road from me there is a mosque and a Baptist church near the city centre, a Taoist temple and a Buddhist temple the other end of the street.  I have good friends who are Buddhist, Taoist, christian and no religion.  None of htem are persecuted or feel any pressure at all.

The only christians persecuted here are a weird sect that accosts people in the street promising that god will grow back missing legs and arms and straighten deformites. You would think that such an organisation practicing such a blatant con on vulnerable people would be banned anywhere in the world - but of course interfering christians outside of China keep right on sending them money to 'assist' in their 'good' works.

You should try getting a few facts under your belt before you staart spouting nonsense about a country you clearly know nothing at all about.

There is no anti-jesus teaching here - such a nonssense of an idea has never caught on because the Chinese are pragmatic sensible people who do not accept bullsh*t - despite christianity being introduced here long before America was formed from the rabble of the old countries.

3. mom101 profile image62
            mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

ap... why do you feel the need to attack or try and belittle others that do not share your opinion?
            There is no reason to get upset. Are you insecure in your faith?
            I commend science. It has made great strides in a lot of areas. Some helpful, some not so helpful, but hey, for the science industry, they've come a long way. But for the rest of us, science will always have 2 steps to go in order to catch up to us. The Bible is the greatest history, science, and math book you can read.
            As far as science, the Bible is their blueprint or instruction sheet. 
            Now, it does not make any difference if you agree or disagree with me, for you see, my mind is set. In stone.
            You see, any scientist will tell you sir, when you build a house, the first thing you need to KNOW is to build on a stable foundation.
            Have a great day. It is so beautiful outside. Nice weather for a walk.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
              Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And yet, it is the atheists who are accused of having a closed mind. smile

2. dutchman1951 profile image59

faith is the method, yes

3. skyfire profile image80
          skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah. Two pegs of vodka and anyone can see jesus.

1. pisean282311 profile image63
            pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

:lol  lol lol

2. Dave Mathews profile image61
            Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

skyfire: Your true ignorance is being exposed and displayed and you are the one doing it. Just because you do not believe in God or Jesus, does not give you the right to mock another person's beliefs. You must learn to be tolerant of other's beliefs even when they do not match your own. You think yourself superior with your glib remarks, but all you do is display how little you really know.
            Brother Dave.

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60

These are Giants that scientists have dugged up. The bible speaks of Giants in the land of Cannan. ( the old testament)

Not wanting to get picky - but htis is a writers forum and a typo like "Scientists IS discovering" is one thing but "dugged up" is going too far big_smile

1. hanging out profile image60

lol  that was funny

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3912899.jpg

wanna see a picture of the rock moses (God actually) split to bring water forth from?
            okay

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3912901_f248.jpg

if you look closely you can see the rocks in the foreground are water worn as in a river was rushing over them. Impressive i think.

there is also evidence that when Gods people crossed the sea, God parted the water, yes, but he also leveled out the bottom by causing it to rise and be flat for easy walking across. Chariot wheels and more can be found at the crossing site.
            here's the site
            http://www.discoverynews.us/DISCOVERY%2 … els_3.html
            heres a pic
            http://www.discoverynews.us/DISCOVERY%20MUSEUM/BibleLandsDisplay/Red_Sea_Chariot_Wheels/Chariot%20Images/Chariot_Wheel_Big.bmp

hanging out, now that is awesome!

2. profile image0
              Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are heaps of split rocks in nature - they happen because water gets in cracks and expands when freezes.  Rocks don't dissolve away when water rushes over them for a short time - it takes a long time.  Did God split all the other rocks in nature too?

2. Jim Hunter profile image60
            Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And how many books of yours have been published?

I can understand your hesitance for not wanting to be picky especially after typing this "htis".

3. mom101 profile image62

hey ap, before you go casting stones at anothers grammar, or a simple typo, you might want to take that big twig out of your own eye. Check your own post sir. They too, have errors.

2. libby101a profile image61
          libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can you post a link or point me in the direction to read this? I love researching religious artifacts as well as other forms of history!

I believe science and God go together!

Hi Libby, I will post a link, and I am working on posting a photo of the scientists digging up the huge skeleton bones of humans.

1. libby101a profile image61

Great!! Thanks.

Sorry about the delay. Here is the site. I was unable to post a link.  Giants in Greece- Nephilim-Giant Skeletons-Urban Legends

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
                  Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I live close to that area and have visited it many times. I also know archaeologists who work in and around Mycenae. Despite this local knowledge, I have never heard of any skeletons of giants there - it seems that even the Greek media and the Greek Orthodox Church missed such a landmark event happening in their own country.

Giant skeletons in Greece = utter tripe, I am afraid hmm

Hi Sufidreamer, thanks for sharing. I am not surprised at all. The media has a motive for hiding this. The government wants full power of authority, so they push God out of the way. Do your own research by typing in the website I posted above.

2. profile image51
                    paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the information

2. mom101 profile image62

libby101. They do go together. For those that think there is no God, you and I know that if there was no God, then, hey there would be no science.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image65
              ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

science is a method, so if there is no G-d, there is no method of getting to a discovery is not exactly logic. But I see you are operating on myth logic. You are sleep talking.

3. dutchman1951 profile image59

Courage, no proof of giants, skelital remains yes, some (hunter-gatherer) desert dweller if you will, artifacts of nomad tribes, and a big argument as to the borders of Cannan as to who was where, what tribes and who owns what? Who was first, all that stuff.

here is some real history about it for you (not my writing) if you are interested   smile

Canaan (Phoenician:  or  Kanaʻn; Hebrew: כְּנָעַן Kənáʻan; Arabic: كنعان Kanʻān) is an ancient term for a region encompassing modern-day Israel, Lebanon, the Palestinian territories and adjoining coastal lands, including parts of Jordan, Syria and northeastern Egypt.

In the Hebrew Bible, the "Land of Canaan" extends from Lebanon southward across Gaza to the "Brook of Egypt" and eastward to the Jordan River Valley. In far ancient times, the southern area included various ethnic groups.

The Amarna Letters found in Ancient Egypt mention Canaan (Akkadian: Kinaḫḫu) in connection with Gaza and other cities along the Phoenician coast and into Upper Galilee. Many earlier Egyptian sources also mention numerous military campaigns conducted in Ka-na-na, just inside Asia.

Various Canaanite sites have been excavated by archaeologists.

Canaanites spoke Canaanite languages, closely related to other Northwest Semitic languages. Canaanites are mentioned in the Bible, Mesopotamian and Ancient Egyptian texts. Although the residents of ancient Ugarit (modern Ras Shamra in Syria) do not seem to have considered themselves Canaanite, and did not speak a Canaanite language (but one that was closely related, the Ugaritic language), archaeologists have considered the site, which was rediscovered in 1928, as quintessentially Canaanite.

Much of the modern knowledge about the Canaanites stems from excavation in this area. Canaanite culture apparently developed in situ from the Circum-Arabian Nomadic Pastoral Complex, which in turn developed from a fusion of Harifian hunter gatherers with Pre-Pottery Neolithic B (PPNB) farming cultures, practicing animal domestication, during the 6,200 BC climatic crisis.

3. profile image51

even the Catholic Encyclopedia says mentions that the writers of the gospels were anonymous

4. profile image51

the four gospels writers were not eye-witnesses, they wrote from hearsay

1. hanging out profile image60

why is it so hard for you to understand that yahweh works through people. And the people he used were his own disciples. There are 4 gospels because at the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be establish, hence 3 gospels and johns.
          God breathed, God inspired = Good reading = excellent instruction.

there were 11 disciples with judas dead and in gehenna before the morning sacrifice. The disciples cast lots to pick the 12th disciple (12 is a governmental number) and picked thomas whom we hear was a doubter and not too much about, hence, GOD picked Saul! This was a brilliant move on Gods part because Paul was so very perfect for this job.

It is all very simple and easy to understand and believe if one has faith in God and believes that the scriptures are fulfilled in jesus christ.

1. profile image0

Maybe Paul was hallucinating when he thought he met Jesus?  Just because the gospels were named after disciples, doesn't mean they wrote them either.  It is thought that they have all been copied from each other

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
              couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's amazing that for a bunch of artists and writers, no has ever heard of simultaneous creativity.  So a) maybe the gospels were written during simultaneous creativity - it happens  b) hasn't anyone ever just felt really good?  Blissful even?  Haven't you ever felt a connection to the Divine?  Any divine?  That's probably the way it went down.

3. wilmiers77 profile image60
      wilmiers77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Woman Of Courage, I too am impression with the scientist's findings that the bible is true naturally.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But the scientists found that the "findings" were a fake - by liars. sad

Hi wilmiers. it's amazing!

2. wilmiers77 profile image60
        wilmiers77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Albert Einstein stated, "Science is blind without religion, and religion is lame without science."  Science shall continue to support the bible. Scientific discoveries  follow with "what do we do with it?".  The new discoveries illuminates scripture in the bible, and gives motive to possess more faith.  The motif IS.

wilmiers, Great message. It is impossible to disconnect science from the bible. Science proves the bible is all true.

No - not at all. Sorry. lol How courageous of you to think so in the face of overwhelming evidence. You are a monkey - right? Like wot the bible sez...... big_smile

Mark, It's shame that you feel a need to call me a monkey. I hope you feel better now. You are hurting yourself by acting childish. God bless you!

2. profile image0

Science certainly does not prove the bible is true.  I have a degree in science, and I am ex-chrisitan.  Science is based on finding evidence & testing.  Religion is all subjective "faith" that doesn't stand up at all

Oh yes it does! I understand that you have a degree in science, and that's a good thing. I agree that Science is based on evidence & testing. God is allowing all kinds of evidence to be found by scientists to reveal the bible is true. It's your choice to be in denial.

It's like the old saying "you don't know until you know" or "who feels it, knows it".  As humans, we've grown so far away from our potential as beings.  We don't rely on instinct anymore or the inner 'knowing' of things.  I think you are all right in different ways.  There is a Huge Presence, some call Divine, among us.  But you will never see Grace if you won't go anywhere near it.  It's really healthy to allow all kinds of information and perspective to flow around us, then take in what 'feels' right.  No monkeys, no cretons, no cults necessary.  Just real human potential growing as collective consciousness.

2. profile image0

give some specific examples of evidence - all those "examples" you gave prove nothing

2. CarolineVABC profile image68
          CarolineVABCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whether the photos are a 'hoax' or not, the Holy Bible is full of history and future coming events-no one can deny this.  Believing in it is another thing.  This is where "faith" comes in.  I happen to believe in it 100%, even though many scholars try to challenge it.  I'm not trying to offend anybody-just stating my point of view.  God bless!:-)

This thread is about giant skeletons and how they support the Bible.  If the conclusion is that the Bible doesn't need (or want) any such support, that sounds a little like having it both ways.  IMHO the best relationship between religion and science is arms-length and no closer.  Faith and falsifiability are opposites.

1. profile image51

I agree with you

2. CarolineVABC profile image68

I completely agree with you and I was not trying to defend the findings of the Giant skeletons.  There will be numerous people who would claim to have found such things.  But like what both Diane and dutchman has stated, "Science will show things to be true"-I'm sure, it will all come out someday-at least, this is my belief.  Thanks for listening:-).

1. Jerami profile image58
                Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Science better hurry up ....

2. profile image0

science has been able to determine forged "evidence" - fake shroud, bits of ark etc

I think there are scientific arguments for and against.

1. profile image0

what specificially ?

Hi Caroline, You stated your view quite well, and I fully agree with it.

1. CarolineVABC profile image68

To: Woman of Courage-Thank you very much for your kind words and for reading my comment.  I really do appreiciate it very much!:-)

You are more than welcome, and I enjoyed reading your comment. God bless you!

1. CarolineVABC profile image68

God bless you, too, Woman Of Courage-keep the faith!:-)

3. Stump Parrish profile image60
          Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I did check the link and it even explains it's a hoax and how it was done. This is your proof?

THERE'S A good reason we haven't heard about this epic discovery in the New York Times, Scientific American, or any other legitimate publication, and that is that these photos, like the one circulating since 2004 purporting to show a giant skeleton found in the Middle East, are fakes.

As if it weren't preposterous enough to claim that one 15-foot-tall fossilized human skeleton had turned up without media fanfare, we're asked to believe that archaeologists recently dug up four of them in a single location (Greece). In point of fact, each of the photos appears to have been taken at a different time and place.

So far I've only been able to locate the original of one of them, but it serves as clear proof that Photoshopping took place. Image #4 was created by inserting an outsized human skull into a photo of a 1993 University of Chicago dinosaur dig in Niger, Africa (see the original here). If you look at a blow-up of the doctored image, the skull appears flattened and unnatural (and one of the workers actually appears to be standing on it!).

Moreover, the same cut-and-pasted skull was used to create image #2 (see side-by-side comparison). A blow-up of image #2 with brightness and contrast enhanced reveals unnaturally dark "shadows" around the skull. The skull in Image #3 is marked by incongruously bright highlights on the teeth and around the edges of the gaping temple wound. And in image #5 the shadows coming off the skeleton fall more or less toward the camera, while the worker's shadow falls due left, suggesting that elements of two different photos were combined.

Finally, despite frequent references to "giants" in ancient mythology and English translations of the Bible, there is no generally accepted scientific or historical evidence that such beings ever actually existed (unless you consider the Weekly World News a reliable source). \

Did you even read the entire article?

You are wasting your time - I have already posted this up when the thread started.

Womanofcourage chooses to be totally blind to reality and persists in banging on as if this were real.  It does however illustrate the religious mentality and issue quite nicely - tell a lie and then just keep right on banging on and on as if it were true. This is partly just being dim but also it is encouraged by others in the hopes of attracting more dimwits to follow the hollow drum.

Stump, Of course I read the entire article. I guess you didn't read my post below concerning that. I am not surprised that it's not in Newyork Times or Scientific American. The media chooses to hide the truth.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
              Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So you think the media has an agenda to cover up the reality of your god?  What purpose would this serve?  Oh yes, science is a product of SATAN!  LOL!

The media works in mysterious ways.

I'm sure they really worry about folks believing in your god!  LOL!

Why would they care?

2. Stump Parrish profile image60

What truth? There is none in this article. It even came from the urban myth site. I really feel sorry for you people. If you gave reality a chance you would find that life is infinately better with out all the rediculous myths you base your life on.

4. profile image0
          Texasbetaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wait...you mentioned a scripture about giants but there isn't a single story related to any discovery. What in the world are you talking about? The Bible is a horrible history book.

5. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/12/photogalleries/giantskeleton-pictures/images/primary/1_461.jpg

"The image was lifted from Worth1000, a Web site that hosts contests for digital artists. Created by an artist using the alias IronKite, the picture placed third in a 2002 competition titled "Archaeological Anomalies 2," which asked contestants to create a hoax archaeological discovery.

"Man, this guy gets around!" said IronKite,who does not want his real name used in this story after hearing his work had been used to back up the latest false reports."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news … index.html

smile

6. pylos26 profile image71
          pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Quoting from rubbish (your bible) is not cool...its lame.

The retched thing has no credibility, just superstition and fabrications.

I;m sure it is soothing for some, but when you insist on selling it to others that know better, it creates friction, the only thing the bible ever created.

7. profile image0
          ShaunLindberghposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is no doubt in my mind that the bible has a great deal of good history and that archeology periodically unearths evidence to confirm the record. Here are two things to consider;

1.  A lack of evidence, or silence, does not disprove the biblical account. Critics used to say there was no writing at the time of Moses but that argument was disproved when the Nuzi tablets were discovered. They were common, every-day records from the time of Abraham.

2. Accurately reporting historical events does not automatically lead to the correct conclusions. It may be historically accurate to say that the Israelites invaded Canaan and slaughtered the Canaanites and Amalekites but that does not mean God told them to, it could be complete speculation based on the words of one man, Moses.     

I think people often confuse "evidence that demands a verdict" with the verdict someone proposes.

It begs the questions,
          "What if there is an alternative verdict for the same historical facts?"
          What if I am wrong?

Is that worth thinking about?

1. profile image0

so would you agree the bible should not be taken literally, as many christians do?

1. profile image0
              ralwusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Snakes have no ears and do not hear sound as we do. So how did one converse with Eve?

2. profile image0

@Baileybear.

No, not all! For instance I certainly don't regard Adam and Eve as history. Fantasy and myth is what it is smile

However there is historical data in the bible that has been verified from other sources, for example the Assyrian conquest of Samaria and siege of Jerusalem. So it's not all bunk. Point 1. simply means that silence does not disprove something, it just means its not verified.

The mistakes many Christians make;

1. Equating verified historical facts with the associated commentary. The bible is right that this happened (here's the proof) therefore it MUST BE RIGHT that god told them to do it. The two are NOT directly linked.

2. Believing the  bible account as if it fact without any corroborating evidence. A healthy degree of caution might be advisable. 

3. Considering the commentary in isolation from the general context. Hence ignoring or rationalising the many inconsistencies.

For example, because archeologists find tablets in Nuzi that prove that Moses COULD have written the Torah (historical validation) it does not mean that Moses actually wrote it (the commentary).

I hoe that makes sense smile

8. profile image0
          Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would have to say it (science) would say the same of the things it found in the tombs of Ramses II and on the hieroglyphs; or the Vedic scripts and relics.

In defense of TORAH (Tanakh; Babylonian Talmud), not "The Bible", the events written do seem to line up largely ( but not thoroughly) with many archeological discoveries.

However, seeing that there is no big difference between the equation approach to "it all" and the sensational approach, I would conclude both science and religion are not proving anything more than:
          1. They can write well and spew memorized systems.
          2. Like to play in the same sandbox alone or together.

Hopefully, at some point, before or after the marriage between them is finalized or a total reuniting --as in days long gone, but written about -- they will stop searching the past for a future they know nothing about and certainly won't even try to find out about or engage from the perspective of the One they are searching for...

Have a great day!

~James.

9. Druid Dude profile image59
          Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Descendants of giganpithicus? Children of the Yeti. Sasquatch. Archaeology usually doesn't cross reference paleontology. What an archaeologist "interprets" can be lightyears off base from what a paleo expert would conclude.

1. Druid Dude profile image59

Ever been to Dinosaur footprints State Park in Texas? An area closed to the public on private land purports to show dino prints occurring in the same sedimentary layer as human prints. ZING

3. Diane Inside profile image73
        Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

I am not surprised the bible has many facts in it that people either did not understand or refused to understand that now scientists are finding to be true. That's why I like scientists they uncover the truth, by coming to scientific results.

As I said it will all pan out. Science will show things to be true.

1. dutchman1951 profile image59

true Diane, very very true.

Hi Diane, I agree. It's beautiful how God planned for scientists to uncover the truth. It's more to come!

Yay! Photo shopped is the truth now. lol

1. Stump Parrish profile image60

LOL, I will admit that this is a first for me. I have never had someone post an article that proves something is a hoax, as proof that it isn't.

2. profile image0

is it beautiful that scientists were murdered for their discoveries by believers in the bible?

lol

2. Druid Dude profile image59

Name one of the scientists killed in the bible.

1. profile image0
                Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Moses was a scientist.
                Elisha was also considered a scientist.
                Many of the Levites & Amorites were consider scientists, since they explored the health of foods, tested plants, animals, etc.
                And oddly, a few were taxidermists.

Perhaps their "temples" or "lab's" weren't shiny stainless steel and glass ones, nor their museums as impressive as the Smith, but scientists were shoulder to shoulder with beliefs systems and even formed those belief systems through the use of the term magic --including incense, potions, healing elixirs (the Aramaic for elixir means: recipe and the Greek xerion: dry powder), etc from plants and animal extracts aka apothecary (from where pharmacy originates). The most noted alchemist group were the servants of King Midas. Both are highly noted using a base compound found in nearly all modern medicine --salt.

3. Stump Parrish profile image60

You are right about that. It has already shown that evolution is true, it has shown that the earth is round, it has shown that our planet revolves arround the sun. It has never proven anything in the bible to be true to my knowledge. If you dispute that kindly show me the site where I can verify it. Make it a scientific site and not a religious site or you are wasting my time and yours.

1. profile image0

Early scientists were tortured and put to death 500 years because they figured out the Earth was not flat and fixed in space which was not what the bible said - of course, christians these days twist bible verses

actually, evolution has some glaring holes in it, as does the creation myths written in the holy books.

4. profile image0

Validating the records does not automatically validate the conclusion.

Scientists identified DNA over 200 years ago but thought did nothing. We now know that DNA does a whole lot.

They saw what they saw but they didn't make the right conclusion.

Is this at least a possibility for the biblical record?

Good history but bad speculation?

4. pisean282311 profile image63
        pisean282311posted 13 years ago

I am not very surprised though..science do discover many things which are written in bible or quran or veda..after all these books have been written after long long human history of .2 million years..so many things would have existed in form of folk tales...many things would have been incorporated from scientist of those times too and many as diane rightly said might have been things which we dont understand too...bible or quran or veda or torah are books written by humans with good intent...but making these books are only source or complete source of knowledge is going too far...many stories are work of imagination and fiction too...

1. dutchman1951 profile image59

I have to agree, and unfortunately all of the Churches here in the US of varying sects are guilty of re-writing what is there with poetic license to use for conformity of belief. And that takes us even farther from the story.

To me it is kind of like the experiment where a person whispers a statement into one persons ear, and then that person passes it to the next and to the next on down the line, when it gets to the end of the line
          its totally different story. I think through time we have done that, add the fact that we can not find evidence and it becomes a picture of where we are now.

5. alternate poet profile image67
        alternate poetposted 13 years ago

I found it !!   just goes to show that one should always research at least a little before exposing ourselves in public

The following is the text that goes with this simple hoax:

As if it weren't preposterous enough to claim that one 15-foot-tall fossilized human skeleton had turned up without media fanfare, we're asked to believe that archaeologists recently dug up four of them in a single location (Greece). In point of fact, each of the photos appears to have been taken at a different time and place.

So far I've only been able to locate the original of one of them, but it serves as clear proof that Photoshopping took place. Image #4 was created by inserting an outsized human skull into a photo of a 1993 University of Chicago dinosaur dig in Niger, Africa (see the original here). If you look at a blow-up of the doctored image, the skull appears flattened and unnatural (and one of the workers actually appears to be standing on it!).

Moreover, the same cut-and-pasted skull was used to create image #2 (see side-by-side comparison). A blow-up of image #2 with brightness and contrast enhanced reveals unnaturally dark "shadows" around the skull. The skull in Image #3 is marked by incongruously bright highlights on the teeth and around the edges of the gaping temple wound. And in image #5 the shadows coming off the skeleton fall more or less toward the camera, while the worker's shadow falls due left, suggesting that elements of two different photos were combined.

Finally, despite frequent references to "giants" in ancient mythology and English translations of the Bible, there is no generally accepted scientific or historical evidence that such beings ever actually existed (unless you consider the Weekly World News a reliable source).

1. profile image0

another scam to try and justify the bible

So - no scintists is dugging up wot the babble sez then? lol

baileybear, no it's not a scam to justify the bible. The bible has already proven itself to be true. Actually you have it backwards. Some people are trying really hard to prove the bible wrong, but their work is in vain.

1. profile image0

where has the bible proven itself to be true?

The words in the bible is from God. That is proof whether you choose to believe it or not.

1. Dave Mathews profile image61
                    Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Woman of Courage: These people just seem to love stirring up the pot with their nonsense. Everytime they do so the simply display their own ignorance.
                    The Holy Bible is an Historically documented text book created by Almighty God through the power of His Holy Spirit, written by the hands of man, as all books are. To dispute this Historic text is to deny one's own existance.
                    The facts of the Bible have been substantiated by Historical scholars time and time again, so anyone disputing the bible disputes history itself.
                    If nothing historically revealed is fact, then neither is the present we do not exist, for the present cannot be without the past. Science and History back this up 100%.
                    Brother Dave.

Dave, I agree 100%. I was full aware of what I would encounter when I started this thread. I was not going to allow the enemy to stop me. No weapon formed against me shall prosper!

2. profile image0

actually, Dave, what you accuse me of doing is exactly what I see you doing.  And by asking questions that obviously make you and WoC uncomfortable, you call me the "enemy - and that is somehow supposed to convert people - this "them" and "us" attitude. 

You blindly believe your bible came as a complete set ready for you to believe.  You believe there are no contradictions when they are pointed out.  So do you still believe in the giants even when it was pointed out that the link you proved said it was a hoax.

I have studied science in depth, and I was a christian and studied the bible in depth too.  I see discrepancies that I am asking about, but you do absolutely no rational thinking, just regurgitate bible verses .

Yes, this time, I am feeling a bit irritated - frustrated at the ignorance of many of the christians on here

Bailey, I am not uncomfortable with any of the questions asked. I was referring to the devil as the enemy. Some of your posts has indicated that christians are gullible and ignorant. You speak against God, and don't give him any credit for science or nothing. When I see this behavior in the forums, it reminds of Satan ( the devil) who was kicked out of heaven for turning his back on God and rebelling. I respect the fact that you have a degree in science. Without God, science would not exist. You have a right to believe differently.

alternate, I found that also, but there is no proof it's a hoax. There is no true evidence of photo fraud. The shadows were reflecting from the sunlight. Oh my goodness, did you actually think I did not research this? The truth will always come to the light.

Yes. It will. lol There is 100% absolutely no proof of your ridiculous beliefs. Sorry. sad

Dear me. There is proof it is a hoax. Therefore your beliefs are garbage.

Too bad.

2. profile image0

shadows don't reflect sunlight!  Even my 7 year-old knows that!  All this nonsense is hilarious

3. profile image51

thanks

4. Stump Parrish profile image60

Sry AP, I didn't realize you had posted the actual article explaining it is a hoax before I posted the same. I really don't understand the mentality of some people, actually a lot of people. They will deny every bit of evidence that proves them wrong in order to retain the fantasy they cling to.

this is the problem when reason fails - it becomes a business of trying to bend everything else to fit.  I wouldn't care so much but at a higher level they are book burning as fast as they can.  I tried to download 'famous' religious pictures to show the evolution of art to explain how we 'saw' in two dimensions until the Renaissance and how we can now 'see' in three dimensions - and how we could explore how to 'see' in the 'fourth' dimension for a philosphy lecture.  All the art that shows this 'evolution' was missing from its placeholders in the big collections online - and missing from many university online collections also which was deeply worrying.

I found enough from a UK site to do the job but the idea that christians would go to such great lengths to keep their redundant thinking going is frightening.

This has always been the case, AP!  And people are still falling for the scam as they have for thousands of years!

Some of the most ignorant actually believe "Jesus" was their messiah's real name.  LOL!

I hear they have unearthed the skeleton of the talking snake from the garden of eden - i am surprised you haven't found that article!

Funny Alternate Poet! You come up with that all on your own?

Yes I did - exactly the same way the religious books were sritten, imagination and iantent.  Luckily I only did it for amusement and not to justify inhumanity.

1. Jerami profile image58
                        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is no justification for humanity.   That is just it.

No excuses, ....   Thank God for forgiveness, If and when it comes.

Good night yawl ..

Nite Jerami!!!

alternate, imaginary book? It's just your excuse to keep from believing the bible. God bless you!

WOC - you seem to be a nice innocent kind of person. Your spelling and grammar indicate that you are not educated very highly - and this is not an attack on you or your writing, just an obsservation about  you.  Religion was made for people like you and in that aspect it does some kind of service. You clearly need something to 'believe' in and someone to guide you through life.  It is a great pity that you chose or were indoctrinated into your current chosen path because many other religions like Buddhism for one example are far more gentle and caring, far more instructive and really help anyone to find their own personal path.  There are many things about your religion that I find hateful and counter-productive to any kind of reason and use for the world - not in a personal sense but in the overall effect in which it is used, currently to foment a war on Islam so that the wicked people who use and abuse your religion can persuade you that it is ok to attack other countries for their own gain.

But this is a public forum and by continually propogating what I, and many others, see as dangerous nonsense you invite mockery when you are so gullible that you fall for simple hoaxes such aas your giant skeletons.  I for one, would be pleased to leave you to your own ideas if you keep your naive views within the threads for like minded naive people - then you can converse with others who share your beliefs like Brenda Durham.

Peace.

2. couturepopcafe profile image61

Woman of Courage - with much respect, you keep writing God Bless you after your comments, but you continue to play the game of insult.  Why?

Yes I supposed he come up with that one, it's time for his mocking games.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

I never read about my own interviews!

5. Druid Dude profile image59

A popular documentary explained that the prehistoric discovery of dinosaur bones were attributed to giant people. These bones can be easily found after earthquakes, and do resemble human bones somewhat. These bones come out of the earth and so explains this bible quote: " There were giants IN the earth"

2. profile image0
          ralwusposted 13 years ago

I think she may be talking about this sort of thing.
          http://hubpages.com/hub/Human-Giants

3. getitrite profile image71
          getitriteposted 13 years ago

Using science to support the biblical view of creation is called “pseudoscience"

I see you are back. I don't need to use science to support the biblical view. It supports itself.

1. getitrite profile image71
              getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think the bible supports itself.  That seems only to be an aspect of blind faith.

Should we, in all honesty, use blind faith over the rigors of the scientific method?

1. Stump Parrish profile image60

Of course we should as goatherders 2000 yeras ago knew more about Biology, Science, ect. than all the present day Scientists combined. As an example of this mentality I was having a conversation with a friend the other day and he claimed the earth is only 6000 years old. When I asked him what he was using for proof to support this statement he answered...I believe in god and that's all the proof I need. Some people should look up the definintion of proof in my opinion, not that it will do any good to those who prefer to live in a fantasy world.

1. getitrite profile image71
                  getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Indeed.

That is really inaccurate to say that science being used to backup biblical statements is pseudo science. Pseudo science is more along the lines of  parapsychology, which, even so, has increased in popularity. The scientific creation story actually isn't terribly different from the biblical creation of the universe. The main difference being that in one (according to Dr. Hawking) gravity caused the nothingness of the void to explode into the present universe. In the other, god caused the void to explode into the present universe. Personally, I think Stephen just decided on a new name for god:GRAVITY

4. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

The "giants" are a crock of photoshop, as should be obvious to most observers on first glance.
          http://www.toefur-straightedge.com/foru … hp?t=27244

5. psycheskinner profile image83

You didn't research it well enough.

It

is

a

hoax.

As for proof, the burden of proof rests on the shoulders of the one making the claim.

I find ample proof that the photos were modified in this thread, including links to the original photos before they were changed.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/gi/o.htm? … xpedition/

6. psycheskinner profile image83

Why grasp for the authority of science when you repudiate its core value, falsifiability? For a scientist there is no same in being proven wrong when more data is found.

7. libby101a profile image61
          libby101aposted 13 years ago

Science doesn't have to prove God exists! He exists either way! The Bible says people will look for a sign but none will be given!!! Did anybody ever think that God doesn't want proof that he exists! Maybe he wants people to have faith that he exists!

It doesn't matter either way! One is going to believe or he isn't!

Peace

Indeed.

But you either engage with science or you don't.  You don't pick and choose, use it when it suits you and deny it when it fails to support you.

Very, very true! My degree is in science...however I believe science and God go hand in hand! I don't believe for a second a person has to believe one way or the other!

2. marty1968 profile image61
              marty1968posted 13 years agoin reply to this

psycheskinner I have to tll you that Science wouldnt be what it is today without God

who would have remembered god without science?..science gave us cutting edge because of which we survived and then in comfort level came quest of god...without science we wont have been able to make from jungles to our present stage and remembering god or even wondering whether there is god or not wont have been possible...

2. profile image0

if the church had succeeded in getting rid of scientists 500 years ago, we certainly wouldn't be debating on an internet forum, nor would we have medicine, surgery, cars, computers, variety of foods, educaton, and more. 

Maybe you should look up Galileo, who invented the telescope and how people that believed in the bible treated him and his peers, rather than assuming that all the mod-cons you enjoy are from God?

at times i think the true servers of human race..the community without which life wont have been comfortable..the community which made all things possible and community which must be put above all ...is ironically community which is not given its dues too...it is science which made human race survive..it is science which made human life comfortable..religion played important role in directing human race socially but without science life would have been jungle and praising some natural forces...

1. profile image0

not even sure if religion did a good job of that - during middle ages, humans diminished their population hugely with all their religious wars. 

Then many died with outbreaks of disease, because they had no understanding of hygiene etc.  They didn't know about pathogens in those days - it would have been "God was punishing" or "the devil was at work"

2. marty1968 profile image61
            marty1968posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yep. You either believe or you dont believe. As for myself? I choose to believe.

3. Woman Of Courage profile image60

libby, That is so true.

4. profile image0

did you study evolution?

Are you asking me Baileybear?? If so, yes I did!

Did anybody ever think that God doesn't want proof that he exists! Maybe he wants people to have faith that he exists!

well libby religious god is very arrogant being..He wants humans to praise him , pray to him , seek his help and be at mercy of getting heaven or hell..such god wont survive without people knowing about him...so proving his existence is vital for such god...religion is product of human brain and so humans manifested how they want things for god too...

"well libby religious god is very arrogant being...He wants humans to praise him, pray to him, seek his help and be at mercy of getting heaven or hell...such got wont survive witout people knowing about him...so proving his existence is vital for such god...religion is product of human brain and so humans manifested how they want things for god too...

That is your opinion! If proving his existence is vital for such a God then how has his existence survived this long without evidence?

He exist if you or anyone else believes! He is still there! The survival of God is not dependent on humans! He existed before us and will exist far after the end!

His existence would survive even if all religious books are proven wrong..Its existence survives because of thing we have between two ears...as long as brain remains and can think , it would seek something called god...As long as that seeking doesnot harm any one it is ok..If it helps people in living life , keeping hope alive and work for progess it is perfect...god wont exist once humans are gone because for animals god doesnot exist...yes if some species comes with similar brain..It would again bring into existence some or other form of god...

We can easily understand concept of god if we view human journey from jungle to present time..So many gods have changed , so many books have changed but idea called god has survived and will survive till humans remain on earth...

Coming to my opinion..obviously it is my opinion ,like it is your opinion that religious god exist...everyone has right to have his/her opinion and nothing is true or false..it is perception...

I agree with you, that you and I both have our rights to believe however we want!

If religious books could be proven wrong they would have already! I believe it will never be proven right or wrong! It was never meant to be!

It is my opinion that God does not want it to be proven that he exists! That's my opinion!

Peace

fair enough...

2. Rishy Rich profile image71
                        Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@libby101a

Many aspects of religious books are proven wrong many many times. However it is the blind followers with their fear & emotional response, refuses to accept the fact that there are flaws in their holy book.

You see a lot of flaws in Quran but you wont be able to convince Muslims that those are real flaws because they will come up with a different interpretation to save their faith.

From evolution to the age of creation, there are many flaws in Bible that the Atheists are pointing at from very long time. Those are real flaws of Bible but you wont agree because your subconscious mind is scared to accept the fact & just like Muslims u also come up with different interpretations to save ur arse.

In the days of Greeks, there were two classes of people: 1. The pagans & 2. The Intellectuals. The Intellectual knew the pagans were wrong but couldnt convince them the truth. Thus both co-existed unless a better belief system came to replace them. The same thing is happening right now. Those books are proven to be false long time ago. The scholars & scientists already know that but masses of people will continue to follow them until another better belief system will emerge to replace them.  Now its your turn to decide whether you want to be one of those Intellectuals or one of those Pagans.

2. profile image0

maybe other animals will start to seek god?

2. jay_kumar_07 profile image60
                  jay_kumar_07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Only God always approch and wants to speak . Daily GOD visits to his creation [ADAM&AVE]. But they are run away with their sin . Their fault not allow them to see GOD.
                  Depend up on our guilty  only we are praying and asking.

adam and eve....who are they?...symbolic names ...adam ,eve didnt multiply to become nearly 7 billion...we evolved in group not individuals...yes conceptually we may define male unit as adam and female unit as eve...

if we go for adam dna and eve dna stuff too...well both were not contemporary according to science..

3. profile image0

seems to need his ego stoked a lot

2. profile image0

you say your beliefs in God and science match up.  I studied science too, and I think a lot of things don't match, even closely eg age of Earth, evolution etc

1. Rishy Rich profile image71

Science & God goes hand in hand only when you deliberately choose selective parts of science that fits with Biblical fantasies.

1. profile image0

and bend things to try and make them fit ie say each day in creation is an age (but the order still makes no sense, nor the light and dark before the sun) and finally agree that natural selection takes place, but god created some basic species in the first place; make some very way out apologetics as to why the very unbelievable stories in the bible might just be feasible etc etc

8. getitrite profile image71
          getitriteposted 13 years ago

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/Heathen_Angel/Motivational%20Posters/creationistPosterMed.png

1. Rishy Rich profile image71

And they might think this image was created by Satan! big_smile

What Creationists? God is the creator of all things.

1. profile image0

Creationists are those that believe god created everything, so that includes you

Creationism is a better word for me. You are correct! God created everything in this world, and I praise him for it. Have a good day Bailey.

1. profile image0
                    Syra Mhbedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If He created anything and you respect him, it means you should respect everything he has created, right?
                    In this case, why not try to respect grammar, for instance
                    ("Scientists Is Discovering Things Of The Bible")???
                    After this we could try and discuss real matters, not fantasies and utopias.

If pointing out mistakes in grammar makes your day more pleasant, I hope you have a happy and fun day. I am sure imperfections in grammar does not disrespect God in any way at all.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
        Necessary
        HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
        LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
        Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
        AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
        Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
        CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
        Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
        Features
        Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
        Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
        Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
        Marketing
        Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
        Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
        Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
        Statistics
        Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
        ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
        ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)