What is your favorite BBQ?

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (52 posts)
  1. Landshark profile image59
    Landsharkposted 14 years ago

Is your favorite BBQ,  ribs, pulled pork, brisket etc?  And what style sauce do you like?

1. profile image58
      Eddy Browningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like my barbeque Carolina Style, pulled and flavor packed!

2. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 13 years agoin reply to this

pulled pork hands down...nothing like goin to lake, campin out, with some BBQ, potato salad, and corn on the cob...yummm!

3. Cedar Cove Farm profile image60
      Cedar Cove Farmposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I simply like an old fashioned steak, sprinkled with salt and pepper-no sauce.  Yummy.

2. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

I grew up in SC, so my answer's gotta be BBQ pork, but we don't call it pulled pork, it's usually chopped lean pork loin.  Definitely mustard based sauce.  In TX my favorite is baby back ribs from a place called The Grist Mill in Gruene Texas.  It is next to Texas' oldest dance hall, Gruene Hall, which you can see in the movie Michael with John Travolta.

3. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

Ode to BBQ!  One of my favorite foods!  Ribs - dry rub (my dad's secret), chopped pork - mustard based, sliced brisket - sweet sauce...

4. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

love BBQ, I put chinese asian sauce hoisin, love brisket

5. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

can I have a little of each please? and make it spicy!!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ok justine, am sending it now

6. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Yummy chicken...

7. profile image0
    Bradley Chappleposted 14 years ago

It's gotta be ribs.  My favorite is when the meat is so tender that it falls off of the bone when you try to pick one up.  With a sweet zesty sauce.  Mmmmmmm.

8. Karina S. profile image60
    Karina S.posted 14 years ago

I like ribs , too.

9. Anna Evanswood profile image73
    Anna Evanswoodposted 14 years ago

ribs with my own BBQ sauce:)

10. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

Pulled pork with a spicy, tomato-based barbecue has always been my favorite, though recently my SO introduced me to a delicious sweet and sour shrimp done on the barbecue...that's a tough one, they're both so good!

11. PK Jones profile image73
    PK Jonesposted 14 years ago

Whole Hog, Memphis style.  Then ribs dry rubbed followed by shoulder. 

For "Anything But"  I'll cook shrimp with a lot of heat, like 500 degrees or more, or duck low and slow.

Competition season is almost ready to get underway and I'm all excited about that.

12. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

inch and a half loin chop with Viva Italian!

13. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

I like it all...My dad smokes some good brisket but his pulled pork is fantastic!! He should be selling the stuff...seriously..it is the best I have tasted.

14. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Ribs or a Boston butt cooked for hours over pecan wood, with apple juice in the water pan!

OR

A whole pig cooked in the ground at a South GA pig pickin'!

1. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh Habee honest to God you just made me start drooling. smile

15. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

a pulled pork sandwich with melted cheese...What about the beverage?

16. profile image50
    varunmagoposted 14 years ago

do take some time with ur dad and convince him that he is best in this ....and in case u do then even i would buy those ....

17. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Eye fillet steak and beer or a good red for me! smile

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Will Fosters work smile

18. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

BBQ Spare Ribs dry rub South Carolina style

19. NewYorker profile image58
    NewYorkerposted 14 years ago

Pork.. With BBQ sauce.

20. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Whole fish such as sea bass or bream barbequed simply, then served lemon wedges, Greek feta salad, Greek bean salad, crusty bread and a decent dry white wine.

21. w_elizabeth profile image59
    w_elizabethposted 14 years ago

Chicken barbecue with sweet and spicy sauce, Asian style! Now, i'm hungry....

22. Csjun89 profile image60
    Csjun89posted 13 years ago

Marinated Steak
    And Prawns!

1. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh without doubt prawns any-day on the barby. Especially green prawns marinated in garlic butter. Mmmmmm.

23. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Gimme the buried pig! Sounds like a major feast to me! smile

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ernesto, you'd love a good ol' South GA pig pickin'!

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It sounds so .... so .... American! smile
        When I travelled in the States I swear the food got better and the helpins bigger the further South I went! smile

2. susanlang profile image60
        susanlangposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Habee, forget Christmas dinner... I've decided I'ed rather come to your pig roast...mmmmmm  wink smile

24. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Exactly!

25. myawn profile image60
    myawnposted 13 years ago

I love bbbq chicken and pulled pork with sweet bbq sauce

26. profile image50
    umme javeiahposted 13 years ago

chiken tikka...double spicy!!!

27. Michael Adams1959 profile image79
    Michael Adams1959posted 13 years ago

ribs, pulled pork and brisket, I had posted a hub about my sauce made from plums, maybe I can give the actual recipe someday

28. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

Goat

1. susanlang profile image60
      susanlangposted 13 years agoin reply to this

tobey: Goat?

29. susanlang profile image60
    susanlangposted 13 years ago

When it comes to a BBQ I like my pork loin chopped, brown sugar, mustard and ketchup soaked for 24 hours. After that  some tangy spices and slow cooked in a pressure cooker most of the day. smile

30. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Ribs with raspberry chipotle sauce = scrumpdillyishus!

31. wytegarillaz profile image60
    wytegarillazposted 13 years ago

We love garlic prawns for starters followed by a nicely marinated lamb chop or t bone steak with salad crunchy potatoes, fried onion, mushrooms & a chilled glass of Chardonay!

32. william22 profile image56
    william22posted 13 years ago

Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce is FABULOUS!!!! We are BBQ fans and this one wins out every time. Its sweet and smokey, and just the right thickness. smile

33. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 13 years ago

Lately, I've been bbqing lamb chops and the whole beef tenderloin from Costco.  The beef is totally delicious and easy to cook.  I put heavy garlic salt and pepper, a bit of oil and cook it over oak.

34. spiderpam profile image75
    spiderpamposted 13 years ago

Ribs! yum yum

35. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

T-Bone steaks, or Rib Eye over foil. Splash of garlic, basil & lemon pepper, after marinading in BBQ sauce from Beerenberg in South Australia for 24 hours.
    Lightly broiled prawns in garlic and lemon, dusted over the BBQ pan for several minutes.
    Gathering of friends, a few beers and wine, the usual salads, bbq'ed home made kebabs, cheese platters (for after), party atmosphere or celebration of some distinction.

Roll on summer.......... roll on summer.......

36. sabrinaaq profile image60
    sabrinaaqposted 13 years ago

I like pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw!! smile

37. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

oh dear,i am hungry,whatever you like bring me some to eat

38. profile image0
    Surabhi Kauraposted 13 years ago

I opt for Tandoori Chicken with chilly sause or garlic sause.. yum! perfect!

39. datahound profile image45
    datahoundposted 13 years ago

Smoked pork shoulder or butt done central North Carolina style.  Slightly seasoned before, bathed in apple cider vinegar and red pepper with a little water to dilute.  Sauce on side because properly smoked it will not need sauce.  Favorite joints; world famous Lexington Barbecue,Lexington, NC., Richards in Salisbury, NC, Bridges Barbecue Lodge in Shelby, NC and the Skylight Inn in Ayden, NC.  mmmmmmmm!!!!

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image71
      crazyhorsesghostposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bridges Barbecue on Grover Street in Shelby North Carolina is the best pulled pork barbecue in the world. There is no barbecue any better than Bridges.

Plus if you check out my profile you will find all kinds of great barbecue recipes. I think I make the best barbecue ribs in the world.

40. CarpetDiem profile image72
    CarpetDiemposted 13 years ago

My favorite bbq? The one that my friend puts on instead of me. smile

And preferably serving up pulled pork and ice cold beer.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)