I feel like having a pity party

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (53 posts)
  1. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

Anyone else?

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

aw don't be sad schoolgirl.  get glad. besides, life is way too short to be sad.  smile

2. alternate poet profile image68
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

Most of your posts are invitations to a pity party, what do you want us to pity about you now ?

schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is in mental health.
      I am venting on several things bothering me
      Stress
      tons of it
      family
      can't go into it all................................................................................................................................................................Misery likes company smile
      so if you are miserable I'd like to hear......................................and forget myself
      k?

1. mythbuster profile image71
        mythbusterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Remember that movie, "Misery," based on the Stephen King book?

I have to leave the party early if any of that kind of Misery shows up...

One of the freakiest movies ever made!

smile

How ya feeling so far, SGFR?  What's in the Juke-Box tonight?

I never saw it, though I have heard of it. I want to watch it to find out.

smile

I'm really ok. actually, i just need sympathy sometimes because I feel like no one cares and when I get it, it "heals"me.

I just happen to have alot of people in my life who I can't really avoid who consistently upset me and I just wish they would stop or leave.

I will always have ups and downs and I'm (well aware) that alot of waht I said made no sense (to you!!!) I didn't try to!! wink
          but I thank you.

A little caring goes a long way with me .

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...i'm needing some help too....thanks for the thread SGFR!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/funny-pictures-kitten-has-a-wedgie.jpg

smile

4. mythbuster profile image71
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

I'll bring the chips!!

I think sometimes it's okay to be heard when you're down. I just had a venting episode with a good friend that could have turned out really bad but venting and being heard helped. My friend understood and we very quickly worked stuff out... I'm sure I had a mini and solo pity party just prior to the little blow up  lol I wish someone had brought ME some pop and chips to my pity party.

Being told to "shut up and chill" or "shut up and deal with stuff" is often a crappy way to support someone who is stressed, upset, having a down time...

We can always listen then be properly assertive, in my opinion, when we feel we have been supportive enough and no longer want to hear about the 'pity party.'

Again - I'll bring the chips... party on! I can only stay an hour tho'

smile

lol
      I agree, we are the same

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...i'll clean up the chip crumbs later....cleaning always helps me feel better for some reason....

http://media.picfor.me/001181EC5/funny-gif-funny-tess-gifs-Humorous-taglines-Amusant-Three-Couples-dons-comment-pics-gif-s-marrant-my-album_large.jpg

a good looking guy would be nice right about now wink smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...i'll find one 4 u!...hold on a moment!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

...how about a cowboy for a change...you know to shake things up a bit...

http://www.rebeccagoings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/selenascowboy.jpg

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image79

nice! tongue

1. adrienne2 profile image66
            adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes very nice indeed!

2. Friendlyword profile image61
      Friendlywordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It looks like some kinky sex thang.

1. profile image0

lol hey friendly, whats up?

6. Mighty Mom profile image76
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

The floor is yours, schoolgirlforreal.
    Vent to your heart's content.
    Sometimes we just need to get it OUT!

ok mighty "MOM" smile
      you might regret this! wink ok
      my latest hub explains all of it

Alot of grief from my mom and dad-stress overload
      I wish I had a cure for my illness

i hate being alone
      I feel yucky
      you will never know
      I get angry alot
      I don't like that
      i stress so easily
      mind hurts
      sad
      upset
      My parent's have been sick a long time and it hurts to go on and on like that
      I don't like my location of my apt, in boonies
      I'm shy
      want to be in love
      need new friends/change
      family is
      mean
      nosy

but
      i can realx here in peace
      no jerks or chauvinistic people

I don't like getting mad

mind hurts

need relaxing shower

relax

massage

life sux -(sometimes)

will it get better

suffering is my lot in life....................................................diagnosis

need cure

Like to talk on phone, need more friends who are night owls

need a beer. don't have any cause I don't drink much

ok, it's edited now.

I don't want to complain anymore. smile

told ya Mighty Mom!

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

now, doesn't it feel better than keeping that all bottled up inside.  however, if it makes you feel better, i can give you some good advice a friend of mine once told me.  to be truly happy, then you have to love yourself first.  happiness comes from within, and by enjoying the little things in life.  like this forum for instance.  sure, we're not hanging out face to face right now but at least, it gives you a chance to unwind and relax.  Maybe even joke around with your friends, and laugh your sadness into happiness.

I think I understand this response, Stevennix2001, but it brought some questions to mind...

(anyone can respond - it's just that SN2001's comments brought this to my attention)

Do you think we refuse to honour natural emotional processes like grief, depression, emotional pain - and try to force people away from these emotions and processes?

I am terrible for instantly trying to joke with someone who is feeling sad...trying to get better about this because I know sometimes people have to feel sad, grieve, etc...I still have trouble stopping myself from trying to coax someone, right away, into feeling a different way than they do...

1. profile image0

i wasn't suggesting that at all. i was just trying to cheer up schoolgirl like you were.  of course, i know it's natural to feel grief and sadness.  who doesn't?  that's part of life. 

edit:  sorry myth.  misread your post.  sorry.  yeah, i can see what your saying, and your right. sometimes we all need a good cry sometimes. heck, i know me and brother did, as we had to watch our dog die earlier a few months back.

Man, emotions are so complicated lol

And then I decide to THINK MORE about them lol

What kinda freakin' party iz dis?

Sorry 'bout your dog, Stevennix2001.

*pitypartyhugz*

1. profile image0

thanks myth. i appreciate that.  hopefully your not too hard on yourself.  i do that a lot sometimes, as i can sometimes be my own worst enemy.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

..i get what you are saying...it depends on the situation...sometimes you just need to listen and be there...other times a distraction can help bring on the light for a moment or 2....a bit of break.

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image79

yes, mythbuster
          I agree 100%
          alot of times girlfriends fill this role
          some men don't
          some do
          but grieving -yes
          else it can lead to anger
          then too much crying

it can be a real challenge to like yourself enough to find supportive friends and stuff (bf) -when you grew up w/out it.
          thx for your comment

actually, to be honest, i have a real problem in liking myself

could be my upbringing

any advice?

1. profile image0

well there's this one person i met on here named beth100.  she gave me some great advice about learning to like yourself over time.  like anytime your about to say or think something negative about yourself like loser or something like that.  you stop yourself before you say that negative word, and take a deep breath.  after that, replace that word with something positive like winner or something like that.  after a while of doing that, it really starts to work.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image79

I agree smile
        I don't usually do this thou cause many people would not understand
        You are really nice smile

1. profile image0

aw its okay.  we all get stressed out sometimes.  after all, we're only human.  besides, if anything bothers you, it's never good to keep it bottled up inside of you like that. trust me, i should know.  just remember you'll always have friends here on hubpages if you need us.

well it goes on for me.
            Most of the men in my life are not very supportive
            When I grew up I didn't know how to make friends with kids at school
            I think because my dad was anti social
            so I felt less than them

I think I need to marry a therapist!

I'm afraid to complain because it goes deep and will go on and on
            and I might wear people out
            but truthfully talking here helps more than going to therapy.

1. profile image0

well, im sorry to hear that.

if it makes you feel better, i know exactly how you feel. growing up as kid, i didn't have any friends either.  sure, i've always had acquaintances, but nobody i could ever call friends in real life. it's a bit of a longer story than that, but that's the gist of it. 

im sorry to hear you had to go through that though.  however, it seems like you have a lot of friends here though.  sure, we may not be talking face to face, but any kind of social interaction is good to build up confidence and self esteem.

true I have friends in real life too, most are older than me by chance
                I have three really close friends and others and acquaintances
                I'm always looking for new ones too, as I am always changing
                thx smile

1. profile image0

yw. anytime.  just remember, that no matter how hard life can get, it can always be worse.  plus, im sure you have a lot more things going for yourself than you probably give yourself credit for.  trust me, i do that too sometimes, but you shouldn't be too hard on yourself. smile

It's amazing looking back today.  I have been feeling really good! smile
                    but it is nice to have you guys when I'm down, just like I'd be there for you.
                    xo big_smile

3. mythbuster profile image71

Sometimes life just sux... especially when looking at past relationships, missed things or things I think I missed from childhood...when I get feeling this way, someone kicks me in the arse before long and says, "You'll just have to parent yourself."

I usually realize the wisdom in this... have a good cry for a little while then prepare to...

Ground my sorry arse

smile

Just for a coupla days, that's all.

4. mythbuster profile image71

Oh Shyt... I passed out on y'all at the pityparty... did I behave myself?

wink

sgfr HOW ARE YOU?

*hugs*

hey smile I was reading your post  above this one, and I totally know what you mean about 'pareting yourself'

Hang in there!

mythbuster- I agree a good drink always helps smile wink

btw, I'm following you now, think some good tales or stories will keep me intersted

Hey schoolgirlforreal,

Thanks for the follow... glad you're feeling better...

I'd appreciate some requests if you have any. I'm sort of running out of ideas for writing (or, working on other projects, too but would like to get back to legends, urban myth, etc if you have any requests).

5. wordscribe43 profile image91
      wordscribe43posted 13 years ago

Hope things are looking up for you today, sgfr! 

Mythbuster, I have some pretty embarrassing pix of you from last night, all passed out in the chips and dip.  smile

thx wordscribe43--I feel great! smile

6. mythbuster profile image71

Oh Nooooooooooooo. Chips okay - but not the dip again lol

7. wordscribe43 profile image91

The issues mainly revolved around the three layer bean dip.  I'm so sorry.  hmm

Double-dipping was the least of our concerns.

8. mythbuster profile image71

Oh for pete'sssssssssssssake. DANG I asked people not to put the bean dip near me after I ate those brownies lmao.

Great - real funny guys lmao

How much do I gotta pay THIS TIME for the roll of film? Who has it???

haha

9. wordscribe43 profile image91

http://www.scodal.com/uploads1/foodface.jpg

Does this ring a bell?

10. mythbuster profile image71

*roaring with laughter*

Got so pity-party blitzed that I don't even recognize m'self. Yep, I need that film back and all the current prints... how much?

*reaching into pocket* I need those asap k? lmao

11. wordscribe43 profile image91

Last I heard stevennix has 'em.  lol

I can get them......don't worry lol

12. sofs profile image78
      sofsposted 13 years ago

I hope the pity party is over and now you are feeling blessed.!!

Cheer up!!

13. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 13 years ago

hey, a pity party!  one of those quasi-oxymoronic things.  I used to think I'd get happy by avoiding bad feelings, but now I know you just have to work through it however you can and get to the other side where happiness may or may not be waiting - hopefully not sinking into despair, but trying to avoid just makes it grow like the elephant in the room.  Sometimes I just think about the feelings, not what made them, and let them pass on through.  Would drink a coke now, but its bedtime and I'd be up all night wondering why I did that, on top of everything else.  Music?  that could be the antidote.  Poetry until the hurt has been exorcised - Leonard Cohen, for some stupid reason always gets me through it - you know - "there's a crack in everything, that's how the light get in"

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)