Ad Sense

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (53 posts)
  1. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years ago

Sadly, I was unable to afford to get to the Hub Camp, which I truly wished to attend.  I tried posting this in another forum, but apparently, it was in the wrong place, as I got no responses.

With that in mind, I checked out my "earnings" on Google Ad Sense, and did not like what I saw there:

" Page impressions  Clicks  Page CTR  Page eCPM [?] (whatever CTR and eCPM mean!!) Estimated earnings 
    AdSense for Content top channels  1 0 0.00% $0.00 $0.00
    hubpages. com 1 0 0.00% $0.00 $0.00
    view all AdSense for Content channels ยป

AdSense for Feeds  - No data available -
    AdSense for Search - Get started
    AdSense for Mobile Content - Get started  (irrelevant--I don't have a cell phone)
    AdSense for Domains - Get started
    Total estimated earnings $0.00 "

This is data from (at least) about the last 4 or 5 months, although I've been writing here for almost a year.

I have my articles 'tagged' up one side and down the other..  and as many 'keywords' as naturally occur within the article, since I know that Google is said to frown on "keyword stuffing."

I'm afraid I don't belive in this system as a money-maker.  In my experience, folks dislike ads, and not many will click on them. :-(

1. Susana S profile image94
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The only part you need to be concerned about is "Adsense for Content" as your hubs are part of the content network for advertisers.

Now I would suggest you go into your adsense account and click advanced reports. Where it says date range, select "all time" from the drop down menu. Then click "show report". This will show you your earnings by day. If there is nothing there at all in terms of page impressions and earnings then there is something wrong with your account set up. If you have page impressions but no earnings then it's probably that you just aren't getting enough search engine traffic.

I would say before you even think about backlinks, RSS feeds and stuff like that, learn how to do your keyword research. That skill is far more important than the others.

1. nikmaya62 profile image60
        nikmaya62posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I still confuse about keywords research, can you give me an explanation about that, or may be you can recommend hubs related to my problem.

1. profile image0
          archbishop1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/ … earch.none

It is sort of like being in the right place at the right time in an informative  sort of way. Using the tool above: type in some words related to the subject of your article. It will then let you know (pretty much) what folks are typing into the search engine. Then look for the relative phrases with decent hits and low competition. Those are the keywords you want to use.
          You target low competition phrases because the competitive ones would require a 10+ year hub with a PR of 7 or better to make it on the front page of Google search. That equals no traffic and no money. You just cannot compete there unless you have a bunch of time and skillz.
          So, we small fishes go for the left overs, and that is why it takes a couple hundred good(or close to good) articles to make decent money. You get less traffic but rank higher = payout. And sometimes you get the viral article that works.
          This is just my opinion. Feel free to e-slap me if I am wrong. big_smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As others have suggested, what time period does this cover?

When you log into Adsense, it always only shows today's earnings.  If you want to see this month's, or last month's, or a specific date range, you have to select it in the dropdown box.

I know another Hubber friend of mine, who complained for months that she had made only a few cents - until I thought to tell her the same thing.  She'd been looking at "Today" for almost a year - when she checked properly, she'd almost made payout!

However, if 75% of your traffic is from within HubPages, you probably aren't making much. Hubbers rarely click on ads.  You need to attract outside traffic to make money.

You can ignore all of these, you can't use them.

1. Pcunix profile image92
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Though a few weeks ago I noticed that if I left it on Yesterday and refreshed the next morning, it now stays on Yesterday, whereas it used to always revert back to Today.  I don't know if they changed or Chrome changed, but it is different now.

2. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Is this a matter of getting traffic to your hubs, or do you get traffic that is just not converting to clicks?

DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ironher, I am not sure--I get a fair amount of traffic, but most of it is from within HP itself. 

It would seem that no one is clicking, regardless of how they arrived at my hubs.

3. MPG Narratives profile image59
    MPG Narrativesposted 13 years ago

Like you DzyMsLizzy, I find adsense confusing but my numbers are slowly going up and am getting paid a little. Check you have signed up correctly ?!?

4. LSKing profile image69
    LSKingposted 13 years ago

Spend some time in your " hub statistics " This will show you how much traffic you're getting. Also click on " traffic sources ". Concentrate on making that list very long by backlinking your hubs and adding your RSS feed to as many sites as you can ( comfortably, I do around 6 to 8 )

Do you have a blog? You can't put all your eggs in one basket. If you carry a blog and put Adsense on there as well, you'll have a better chance at increasing your earnings.

You have awesome hubs, so this is not a content issue. I do suggest that you " bold " a few of the keyword throughout your text ( especially the ones that match your tags ) and perhaps add a few photos too your poems with the proper keyword anchor text.  I hope this helps a little.

LSKing

1. MPG Narratives profile image59
      MPG Narrativesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LSK, RSS feeds? what sites am I able to add these too?

1. LSKing profile image69
        LSKingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm writing a hub right now about it.... but if you use the search feature you can find a lot of great list on here already.... One that I found recently, that I found really useful is this one...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Get-12-Instant- … r-Hubpages

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image86

LSKing,   Thank you for the compliment on my hubs!  :-)

I do have Adsense on one of my blogs--with the same results I am getting here...no clicks; no income.

Google searches on bold type?????  did not know that.... Hmmm... I try to strictly avoid use of bold, italic or underline at all, unless for legitimate emphasis appropriate to the topic (as I did in this sentence).

It seems that random bold text would confuse folks.  I know it does me--if it does not strike me as an emphasis-worthy point, I find it distracting--it 'takes me out' of the reading momentarily, looking like a link or some such thing.  Oh, dear... so much to learn...

Thank you for your suggestions... I'll try again to learn the backlinking thing.. very cofusing to me...

1. LSKing profile image69
        LSKingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It helps search engines find the keywords within your text. It's strictly an SEO technique. It's a personal choice and may not be worth your time. It's been helpful to me along with a few other things. I earn money daily and this is one of the methods I use. Please don't get too confused. Take one thing at a time and don't give up, you will earn..... you have great hubs smile

5. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

DzyMsLizzy,

Are you trying to say that you have not made a single penny from AdSense in 11 months?

And does that show 1 page impression for AdSense for content? And that is what, a daily statistic, monthly statistic?

I would suggest that your AdSense is set up wrong. Your 'impressions' should show somewhere in the region of 60% of your Hubpages page views. So if you get 100 page views today, your AdSense would show something in the region of 60 impressions (although seldom that accurate, more than 1 - put it that way).

As for not believing in AdSense as a revenue stream, unfortunately it is the best one, and it is currently making me $45 per day. Is your publisher ID inserted into the Affiliate settings page?

ryankett--

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying.  Zero earnings.

I just checked yesterday that the ID was inserted, and it was--that was where I got the link to 'check earnings.' 

I THINK it was a "since I signed up" view that I posted here...as far as traffic, I have 3 blogs, but only 1 has ad sense on it, and I don't earn anything there, either...and it is the highest-traffic blog of the 3.

I have no idea what my traffic is on the other 2 blogs, as I've never been able to get the traffic counter thingee to work..  (I blog on Blogger--which belongs to Google, but thier counter seems to be incompatible with their blogging interface.)

My hub stats tell me that over 75 - 80%% of my traffic here is internal, from within HP. 

The only way I can even hope to guage my blog traffic is by comments, but it is rare to get even one comment on any but the one higher-traffic one--ironically, that is my "cat's" blog... pure fun & nonsense...we all visit back and forth & comment on each other's cat's antics...but it seems  no one follows any outbound links much from there.

I keep reading about backlinking and RSS feeds, but it is very confusing to me, and seems on the technical side--almost like writing a small computer program... not my strong suit at all.

I'm so confused...  :-(  maybe I'm just too old a dog to learn all these new tricks..lucky I learned to use a computer & the internet at all when I was 15 - 20 years younger...  ::: sigh :::

1. profile image0
        BenjaminBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

On Blogger all you have to do is go to your Analytics and add a new profile and it will give you a HTML code that you then insert into your blog by choosing the insert HTML choice. Then on Analytics it will show you all of your traffic stats.

2. profile image0
      archbishop1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@ryan: off topic, but I have to do it.
      I just noticed that you hold the top spot on "She Told Me" for referrals. I am going to put a pic of your pug in my wallet for luck.
      Can I interview you for my Leadership in INT class? I can email you some questions if you have time.

6. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

There is something wrong.  I think (as Susana suggested) that you might be looking at Today's earnings because you certainly should have earned SOMETHING by now.

By the way, if you do find the money, you can tell us that but Google does NOT allow you to tell the number of clicks or anything else there except the dollar amount.

7. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

This image may help:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q245/calala_red/adsense.jpg

Click on view all time to see total earnings.

(All personal information deleted)

8. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Dzy I think I can help you. Please email me through my profile - I would have emailed you but your box seems to be shut?

Ok, thank you, IzzyM --  I'll do that...  and also look into what's up with my mailbox...hmmmmmm oh dear, oh dear **wringing hands**

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
        Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did you try what WryLit suggested? You might be seeing just today's earnings?

Uh, oh--did not even notice that tab...  will check again.   doggone it!  Thanks for pointing that out!

9. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Dont bother with that, its pointless and ugly- that advice lost any real strength 5 years ago ..the factor is depreciated.

It certainly isnt a magic bullet to help with adsense or serps.

look into what the actual important on page factors are.

10. DzyMsLizzy profile image86

Ok--based on information from a few of you, I went back and checked--clicking "all time."  It's still considerably less than impressive or worthwhile...I've earned a whole

Three dollars and sixty-seven cents!!

Since they say they won't pay out until you reach $100., I can't help but wonder:  "at this rate, will I even live that long?!?!"

I guess I still have a lot of work and studying to do...

P.S.  Ok..so, we are not allowed to post the whole Ad Sense chart with page views, clicks per page, etc...

ARE we allowed to post a self-created TABLE showing percentages of traffic from which sources??

1. profile image0
      BenjaminBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately Dzy if you are not targeting keywords that have buying power not many people will want to click. I say this just as a suggestion,not from any analysis of your Hubs. By buying power I mean keywords that attract a crowd that would be in more of a buying mood,whether the hub is informational,product related or just stories and poetry you can still base them on strong buying keywords.

A simple indicator for this would be in the Google AdWords keyword tool to simply try and go for the higher estimated CPC rated keywords or you can check on keywords at Microsoft OCI which will give you a rating from .01 to 1 with 1 being the strongest buying keyword.

Another thing you may not have done is go to your AdSense account  and click the My Account tab,scroll to the bottom where you will see Internet Based  Ads Preferences and Third Party Ads Preferences. For these 2 options select Do Not Show and Do Not Allow respectively which will make the Google Ads on your Hubs more relevant to the subject matter of your Hub.

Using these and many more simple tips I've made $12.00 in my first 2 months at this and my average cents per day all time continues to rise 1-2 cents every week. So it can be done. I'm sure you will figure it out,good luck to you!

Hi, BenjaminB--
          Thanks much for your information.  I will surely go 'de-select' those two 3rd party ads preferences...for starters.

Then I'll look at the keyword research sites.  Hmm...  I know you cannot just stuff in unrelated keywords to gain traffic--and my hubs are not at all commercial in nature.
        They are either poetry, humor,  educational or op-ed pieces...so I'm not promoting anyone's product line--I wonder if that is the entire problem in a nutshell--If folks are just reading to read something interesting, they're not going to be in a buying/clicking mood, I'd guess.

That's probably it. I guess I picked two that were a bit more commercial.

Do you have Analytics? That will tell you which hubs generated the money - that could help guide your future efforts.

2. Pcunix profile image92

Yes. You can say it was this much from HP, this much from blogger.

I am surprised you have made so little.  My HP related income isn't very much yet, but it is approaching $50.00.  I do have more hubs, but by having been here longer, you should be getting more traffic, so that would put you ahead.

It's not promotion/backlinking.  All I usually do is Twitter and FB,so that doesn't explain it.  I don't think it is your hubs - I only read two, but they were good.

Maybe you are just picking very competitive niches.  You might submit a few to Extreme Hub Makeover?

11. sunforged profile image71

I wouldnt take any advice yet, and certainly dont touch a thing in your adsense account.

You dont have a direct question, but if its along the lines of How can I earn more from adsense without changing what i write about?...

I can tell from your profile that you have had between 1k and 10k visitors.

At 10k views, the average Hubbers earnings from adsense would be between $20-$50.

So depending on where your traffic level is right now, you may be right on point for the norm.

As for keywords, your titles could be more search friendly and still be true to your content.

The title tuner should help a little, but also just try to think like a searcher, a title should at its best be veru close to the actual search term of your most interested party yet still have some flair to it to make it stand out from the other results in a search.

(edit) you have posted your stats - and you really are not that far away from what most would have earned, -your issue is in traffic not in earnings

#
    Poem About My First Grandchild

#
    Boom Town Pair

Ode To My Mother, Rest Her Soul

Technology Run Amok

Circles in Cricles

Instant Pain!

Junior High

On Why Diets Fail

Of those titles, which would you actually type into a search engine? All of them could use some work, some specifics and some thought into what a potential viewer would be searching for when they find you.

Hi, Sunforged.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I have actually tried the Title Tuner, and the first one you list here actually came up in the TT, and what you now see IS the change--it suggested adding "poem" and "about"  The original title was simply, "First Grandchild."

I understand what you are saying, and I believe that will work for articles, but poems... ummm... I think people tend more to just 'stumble across' poems rather than search them out...and the nature of these is a surprise twist...I don't want to 'give away' the punch line in the title. 

So, for instance, on "Ode to My Mother," I would not want to add anything about milk or toast, as that would reveal the "joke" ahead of time...especially if I were to revise it to read like the poem's refrain.

I've fixed 4 others from the TT--but clicking on it again does not bring up any other titles, so I"m rather puzzled...

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well one thought is perhaps people who search for poems may search for the word "poems" or "poetry" within their search so your new title is stronger for it.

Be cautious with the title tuner - is an additive tool not a subtractive tool and it only works based on your existing history, you should be considering new untapped traffic and terms which only you will know is relevant.

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Probably even less than that Sunforged.

Thats 6k impressions (max, prob 5k)

$50 of earnings on 6k impressions would require an eCPM of $8.33.

Whilst I know that some hubbers do manage to achieve an eCPM that high, I certainly don't!

My eCPM is pretty low, about $3.50, so with 10000 hubpages page views, equivalent to 6000 impressions, I would probably make $21.

Seeing as it would probably be 5000 impressions, that would net me about $17.50 on average.

Good job I am getting 25000 hubpages page views a day + have some half decent referrals hey? smile

12. DzyMsLizzy profile image86

Ok--here's my breakdown table:

Total
    Views:2734

Source        Views     Dec. %         Actual %

Google.com.in    18    0.00658376    0.007%
        Seach.Yahoo.com    16    0.005852231    0.006%
        Google.com.nz     9    0.00329188    0.003%
        Bing.com     9    0.00329188    0.003%
        Yahoo Mail    41    0.014996342    0.015%
        Twitter            33    0.012070227    0.012%
        Google.com.au    27    0.00987564    0.010%
        Face Book    22    0.008046818    0.008%
        TweetGrid     5    0.001828822    0.002%
        Mail.Live.com     5    0.001828822    0.002%
        Google.uk    44    0.016093636    0.016%
        Google.ca    33    0.012070227    0.012%
        Google.com.pk     6    0.002194587    0.002%
        Google.co.za     6    0.002194587    0.002%
        Google.com    263    0.09619605    0.101%
        Google.com.ph     5    0.001828822    0.002%
        Google.nl     5    0.001828822    0.002%
        Search.conduit.com
                         5    0.001828822     0.002%
        Hub Pages    1797    0.657278713    0.661%

Hmmm...sorry for the messy format--I hope you can make sense of this.  I had it all in neat columns, but for some reason, it ended up all mushed together!

X-(

That's 2700 views to date?

And mostly HP?

Your income is fine.  Exactly what you would expect for that traffic breakdown.

Really, Pcunix??? Hmmm.. Three bucks and change??  Hmm... I see people talking about $45 per month, and I've made $3 over 5 or 6 months....  and that's "fine" ???

I guess I have to figure out how to get more external traffic, and focus on that, then. 
        I tweet, post on FB, and have my hub pages as a signature in my outgoing e-mail...PLUS, I have  a list of folks to whom I send notices of my newest articles.  Not sure how much else one person can do. 

:: shrug ::

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
          Anna Marie Bowmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Considering a majority of your traffic is internal traffic from HubPages, that isn't too bad.  Other Hubbers don't click, it's not really within the rules.  If it were, we would all be clicking on ads on everyone's hubs, and they would be doing the same, just so we all make a lot of money.  Money is generated from external sources.  I will take a look at a few of your hubs and see what advice I can give you from there.  Whoever told you to put words in bold is wrong.  It's distracting and annoying to readers, and really does nothing.  What you write has to be something people are looking for.  If you write about, say...obscure 16th century authors, you aren't going to get a lot of traffic, because no one knows who they are.  If, however, you write about major league baseball players in 2010, you might get more traffic.  The trick is to find something unique enough to be one of the only ones writing about it, but at the same time, writing about something popular enough to generate external traffic.

2. Pcunix profile image92

It's fine because if your traffic. 1,000 views - HP views are rarely of value.  At expected $2 to $5 per thousand, you are right in the pocket.  Doing well, really.

You need link worthy posts.  If you can't imagine someone sending an email saying "You should read this", it probably isn't.

There are two ways to get links: write link worthy pages or create/buy them.  I think the second way is sleazy, but plenty of others insist it is not.  The HP Learning Center is more toward my feelings if that matters to you.

You need traffic.  It really is that simple.

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
          Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

MsLizzy, as others are saying - the problem isn't lack of promotion.  It's lack of interest. 

There is only one way people from outside HubPages will visit your Hubs - via the search engines. That means they have to type in the subject of your Hub, or the title.

So you can see why your cats blog is doing better - people are interested in cats and are likely to type in questions about cats on the search engines.

I can bet no one is typing in "Technology Run Amok" or "Instant Pain".  So no matter how much you promote those, they're not likely to get traffic, are they? 

Promotion and backlinks don't attract the attention of real people - they attract the attention of search engines, so they will rate your Hub higher in the results.  If no one is interested in searching for your topics, that won't help you.

Thanks, Marisa--that makes sense.

13. sunforged profile image71

backlinks wont help her - she still needs to know what terms her audience is searching for.

and to be critical, its hard to actually know how "useful" 13 random links are in 2 months - you wouldnt have time to see the changes or results yet?

Did you test them at something besides hubs?

14. dgicre profile image68
    dgicreposted 13 years ago

As someone said before, don't put all your eggs in the AdSense basket. The key is to diversify, you can make much more money from Amazon if some one buys something by clicking on one of your links.

Try to increase traffic to your hubs. It is not easy to have a hub show up in the first spot in Google search. The more backlinks you have to your hubs the higher it will climb in the search engine rankings.

The same goes for HubPages, your hubs are products, the more you can advertise them and point to them by  writing short summaries of them and linking to them from other sites, blogs and forums the more people will see them and want to visit them.

This business is no different than sales. Someone once told me it's a numbers game. The more people you present too the more your chance increase of making a sale. Good luck and keep at it. It's not easy and takes a lot of work to become successful and earn a lot of money. I wish I could say I made a lot so far but I have not, started in June and have made about 32.00 from adsense with a total of 10,000 impressions. This is not all from HubPages the some from two other websites I have as well. Not great, but what keeps me optimistic is every month that goes by I see my amounts creeping up higher than the month before. Plus my earnings from other affiliates help a little too. I am not too worried as I look at as education, or the school of hard knocks. Hopefully someday I will earn more, if not just enjoy the ride.

15. DzyMsLizzy profile image86

OK---I take it all back--the earnings table, etc.  I just found a more advanced report option in Google Adsense...and it breaks down BOTH of the sites on which I have Adsense enabled!!

Here, on HP, my "earnings" are a scant 27 cents!

I've made the remaining $3.40 on my cats' blog!!!!  (Which actually surprised me!!  I thought it was the "cat people" who did not click; but I was wrong--it is my external HP readers!!)

So, I see have a very big traffic/draw problem here on HP. 

Time to get down to some serious work studying, learning, revising...promoting....  Arrrggghh!!!  :-(

One more 'teensy detail" ...  I found the Google Ad Words site... but, it only lets me enter keywords to search, and does not show results, without requiring a sign-in.  Upon signing in, I am told that I do not have an AdWords account  ...and that I must complete sign-up process...which involves specifying how much money I am willing to pay per ad click!!!!!  Whaaaattt???  This is the opposite of what I am searching for!!!

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd recommend taking a look at the exhaustive guide I just wrote - the link is listed at the bottom of my profile.

It may give you a few ideas about keywords etc,

Have you earnt anything off Amazon?

(By the way I think in my first 10,000 views I earnt about $5.)

Hi, WryLit--

I'm struggling enough to make AdSense work..I don't have Amazon..I looked at their sign-up and it seemed to have some kind of restrictions for which I did not qualify...or that they were not accepting more "partners" at this time, or some such thing...

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you sure? From what I've heard, they pretty much accept people straight away, even those from spamfest countries such as India & China. It's Adsense that is hard to get accepted into, and you've got that!

Spacey Gracey and I signed up about the same time - and have about equal number of hubs.

She went straight into Amazon and sales hubs - I went into informational and subjects I liked.

Let's just say... after following her progress I am now writing nearly nonstop Amazon hubs on some of my accounts because those hubs make money. smile

And interestingly enough, I make decent Adsense off my sales hubs too... according to Ryankett it works because the people who are not serious buyers leave through the adsense box at the top of the page and then more serious buyers will scroll down and buy Amazon stuff. smile

Hmm... well, maybe it was e-bay, then.  It's all so confusing.

How does Amazon work?  Does it send a spider to crawl your keywords and place relevant or semi-relevant ads like AdSense, or do you have to search and place your own ads?  (Not sure I'd have time to do all that....my days are pretty full as it its....)

1. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have to pick your own ads.  It can be done by a "search" function in the Amazon capsule or by individual specific products by submitting the URL of that particular product page at Amazon.  It's really easy to do either - you'll see when you use an Amazon capsule.  It usually takes me maybe 5 minutes to find and advertise maybe a half dozen Amazon products.

And I bet it was eBay.  The only way in now is with your own web site, coupled with other things I didn't read as I don't have the website anyway.  Too bad - I use eBay for both buying and selling and understand it.

2. profile image0
            ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah something a little like that. That was just my little theory, no hard evidence lol

I just like to get all the AdSense out of the way first, get any happy clickers out of the way, and if they don't fall for the AdSense trap then they can read the rest of my bleedin sales pitch!

I don't want the AdSense getting in the way of a good sales pitch, but I am happy for people to leave straight through an AdSense ad if the alternative is 'back'. If that makes sense!

But I, too, get some nice clicks from some of my sales pages smile

16. 2besure profile image79
    2besureposted 13 years ago

At first I though maybe you had not verified you Adsense account.  They send you your personal pin which you enter into your account to confirm ownership.  But then I say you received about three dollars.  Sorry you are having such a hard time, but the folks here are great.  If they can't help get you going no one can.

Thanks, 2besure--
         The folks here are, indeed, awesome and most patient with an old lady.  ;-)  I have already received many valuable tips--the studying begins!

17. Karanda profile image79
    Karandaposted 13 years ago

The two hubs I looked only had two ads at the top and four at the very end. You may need to set the advertising to high on each hub. It would be unlikely for anyone to click the ads that are showing up. Lots of luck, nice hubs by the way.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)