where did sin began?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (28 posts)
  1. profile image52
    haj3396posted 13 years ago

Sin began in heaven, when the devil wanted to be God.

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1. dutchman1951 profile image61
        dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

he got it from 1001 Arabian Knights Deborah..!     aka The Koran..!

2. pisean282311 profile image61
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

logically as soon as god made knowledge tree sin began...it began in god's thought who can see past , present and future and knew he is trapping humans by making the tree...so sin began with god ..

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Your statement insinuates that "wanting" something is a sin. Which, actually translate in bible to "oppression of desire".

Which, science has already deemed as unhealthy, because when you oppress your own desires, then no growth can occur in mind or in heart. When done for extended periods of time- it can lead one to go insane.

Hence, why is is unhealthy.

So, I guess, that makes "sin" false as a concept, as in unacceptable to think about or ponder. Yet many religious claim to. How ironic?

A god's will or word expresses a follower to do as told, yet leads to insanity.

Doesn't sound good to me, but I don't know about you. wink

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

agree

Prefer ethics rather than sins and saints. You can adjust mistakes as I go along in life, rather carry regrets and quilt. I only regret what I don't do in the future.

2. drbillfannin profile image60
      drbillfanninposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is a major difference between wanting something and wanting to be God. Satan tried a coup in Heaven, and God threw him out. That was the right thing to do. Sin started with Eve who disobeyed God, not the same thing as wanting to be God. Sin is disobedience to God's laws. Wouldn't you punish your kids for disobedience, or do you believe that kids should be allowed to do as they will and get everything they want? Lack of discipline leads to crime, chaos, and destruction. Humans are wanting themselves into oblivion right now. We will destroy ourselves and this planet eventually. We need rules, and we should follow them. i.e. the Bible.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yo dude ?

Live by your conscience and never mind any rules. If you did, then you would have no reason to believe in a book.

So please.

2. profile image0

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
          Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I find myself in agreement with Debbie here. The idea that 'Satan' was some beautfiful archangel that wanted to be God is not found anywhre in scripture.

1. profile image0
            Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

which denominations believe this?  I was told this story (satan was disobedient angel kicked out of heaven) when I went to pentecostal apostolic (think the baptists & AOG also believed same thing)

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
              Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The concept of Lucifer aka satan falling from Heaven is taken from the church's interpretaion of Isaiah 14. However this idea did not exist prior to the 2nd century. I've just written a hub about it which I guess I'm not permitted to plug here.

3. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I wonder how many more of these Goddunt threads are going to be started today by the OP myself!

Why not write about something instead of flooding the forums flogging your personal beliefs about a myth?

1. Rwritings profile image66
      Rwritingsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What you believe or don't believe is up to you.  People have the choice to view these posting or not.  Who is forcing you to come to these forums?  If you don't like to talk about or read about religion then don't go to a religious forum!  It's simple as that.

People have the right to express their views.  What evidence do you have that what someone believes is just personal belief or a myth?  Just because you can't see something does not mean it does not exist. For example,when was the last time you saw your brain? Now, because you cannot see your brain does that mean it doesn't exist?

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This may come as a shock to you, but I don't give a flying fig what you think I should or should not do. smile

I can see my brain any time I like to have a cat scan or MRI. I can even watch it working!

We don't need to remove a brain to look at it these days! lol lol lol

1. profile image0

1. earnestshub profile image80
            earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Deborah! I hope I find you happy and well. smile

2. Rwritings profile image66
          Rwritingsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I have not replied.  I've been busy.  Sorry to disappoint you but it does not shock me that you do not agree with me!  I am NOT trying to tell you what you can or cannot do!!   My point is that the world does not revolve around you.  Everyone has the right to their opinion.  If people want to join a religious forum and voice their opinion why not?!  Or is freedom of speech only for atheists!  Why is it so heinous when someone of faith expresses an opinion but it is perfectly o.k. when an atheist slams his or her opinion down people's throats?!

4. pylos26 profile image71
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

haj wrote: where did sin began?

At 'the best little whorehouse' in Texas?

5. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Sin began in the mind of a religious fanatic who wanted to use the concept to control the great unwashed. smile

6. kess profile image59
    kessposted 13 years ago

Sin originated when the command " Do Not" went out unto man.

And since then it has perpetuated through all generations from father to son until now.

The command came from the god of the night who covered the light with darkness and this age is his domain.

He rules all nations with a fist of iron until this day, and sits a god and king over the religion of this world. Through these religions he perpetuate sin through the command, and of all those the Judeo-christianity sect is his masterpiece.

Nevertheless , this was all within the plan of the God of the day who is the Father of light unlimited. For it is by His will that this age was chosen to bring forth His son.

7. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 13 years ago

In terms of mythology and biblical literature, the true meaning of Sin is when at the Fall (the eating of the tree of knowledge) man saw himself as separate from the divine being he is.  He felt separate when in fact he was no different to this divine source.  Had we realized we were no different, we'd not be in the mess we are in now, ie fighting about who is right and wrong, who is good or bad, and who slept with who's wife and needs punishing, spewing shoulds everywhere, and who has the best cult leader. smile

1. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Haha, I do agree.

8. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 13 years ago

Sin is simply departing from the path of righteousness. One does not need some 'satan' character for this, one just needs to succumb to the internal evil inclination represented in Judaism as a talking snake.

9. thirdmillenium profile image61
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

Actually it was Satan in the Heaven who committed the first sin when he rebelled against God

1. profile image0

10. mike71090 profile image58
    mike71090posted 13 years ago

sin began in our minds.

1. profile image48
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sin is conflict with the purpose of life set by Allah- the Creator-God.

If one is aligned to the purpose of creation of this Universe and life set by the Creator-God; one has no conflict with the evolution designed by Him; one is in peace and obeys all the commandments of the Creator-God and enters heaven.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)