Faith

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (44 posts)
  1. profile image58
    faithnate12posted 13 years ago

when we talk about faith, we are driving at someone who is reliance. reliance is one who is confidence trust hope reliable with anything, people as well. what is faith by the way? an evidence of substance of things hope for and are not seem.substance: a meaninful idea that can be trust, trustworthy as well, eg: she just give me a substance of speech.we all has to play a big rols in christianity also, how can we play rol in  christian in life, as jesus said and i quote love your neighbro as yourselve. sharing the Good news readind a stories book, explianing to them. telling them what is good to do and bad also from now i stop if you wanna to know or read about how you can learn God words please feels free to comment, question.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it would appear that is exactly what believers emphatically do, tell us how to live, what is right and what is wrong based on their own set of doctrine. They themselves fail to see the dilemma they've created when they can't even agree on each others version of good and bad.

All we have seen from religious faith is fanaticism and zealotry, conflict and wars, division and hatred, and a society crafted to living the myths and superstitions of ages gone by.

As long as there is religious faith, there will always be people telling us what to do. smile

1. aka-dj profile image66
        aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You sound just like Mark! lol
        Are you his understudy?
        Or is HE your's. :lol;

You just showed yourself to be guilty of the same thing you accuse Christians of. (Telling others how to live.....your way is best of course).

That's called hypocrisy, by most definitions. Don't you agree?

Considering that the vast majority of your posts show you fabricate stories to support your irrational beliefs, from where did you fabricate the story that I am telling people how to live?

2. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can't really understand WHAT you are trying to say.

1. peterxdunn profile image60
        peterxdunnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

'Have faith' simply means shut up and do as you are told - don't ask any awkward questions - do as I say, not as I do. The faithful are just dupes.

2. qwark profile image61
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you getit, I didn't understand a word of that. Maybe English isn't his/her native language eh?
        lol  whew!

1. peterxdunn profile image60
          peterxdunnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There seems to be quite a few writers for whom English isn't a first language here on Hub Pages. This begs the question: what kind of impression does this make on the 'surfer' or casual visitor to this domain? Will it be a case of, 'Wow - that was great - I'm coming back here again,' or, 'Didn't understand a word of that - this place sucks.'

1. qwark profile image61

Peter:
            Wouldn't a simple: "English is not my native language" statement make things a bit more understandable and acceptable?
            It certainly would for me.
            Qwark

2. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

lol
    This is why certain people cannot understand the bible. This simple paragraph has all these "mighty thinkers" stumped. lol

I understood it.....
    but i like that you can't

i will email instead lol

enjoy.
    i like the way you don't tolerate people trying english. tongue Very higher moraled and kind. People might leave hubpages because some people are pr_cks.

1. qwark profile image61

Brother:
      You understand the bible? REALLY?
      Pls explain this to me.
      Why are their currently more than 40,000 sects of protestantism worldwide and they all "understand" the bible?
      Wait, wait...CAtholicism adamantly claims that they are the only ones who understand the bible!
      Oh I see, you are the 40,001th! Got'cha!
      ROTFLMAO!
      Qwark

1. profile image56
        exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have known many Catholics none have claimed to be the only denomination that understand the Bible. I will visit other churches, I do not care what the name over the door is, as long as they preach from the Bible.
        If I do not agree with every thing that is said, then I will question them, because it is time for discussions

1. qwark profile image61

Exort:
          Chat with a priest.
          It'll become crystal clear that they "know" that they "have it right."
          Qwark

1. profile image56

I have, wanted to discuss baptism versus sprinkling of water, but talked about many things.

1. profile image0
              brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

baptism by immersion is scriptural only at an age where the participant realizes what the baptism is all about.

baptism by sprinkling is catholic and is not biblical at any age prior to an age where the participant understands what the baptism is all about.

the key is in the greek word structure of a king james bible (none other will do)

1. profile image56

Moses was instructed to sprinkle water on the people for purification, the religious leaders was instructed to do the same, they even sprinkled water for healing.
                the New Testament says to sprinkle the blood of Jesus on people, so sprinkling is biblical.
                when or if I Baptize, it will be putting the people under the water and not sprinkling,
                A true Christian is not to Judge, so I do not believe any one should speak about the catholics being wrong, we are not to speak against our brothers, and the word says all who has faith in Christ Jesus is the children of God.
                all Gods children are brothers and sisters in Christ

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
                  pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So did it work?

1. profile image56

they cured leprosy by sprinkling of water

2. profile image0

LOL this has been answered so many times.
        read some hubs bub
        and don't forget you have an understanding too, that i understand is quite way out there, so far in fact you feel alone with it.
        enjoy

1. qwark profile image61

Brother:
          It had never been answered in a form other than opinion.
          Since you seem to be so "knowledgeable" about my question, do ya think ya might stoop to my level of ignorance to try to provide a "logical," well reasoned answer?
          Oh yes, my "thinking" and philosophy is light years beyong the inanity of thought of those, primitive thinkers, that believe in supernatural divinities.
          Sit back, bub, have a cuppa coffee and let your fertile mind attack and conquer the intent of my question. Then Once ya have it in well reasoned and logical form, I'd appreciate an answer that isn't, arrogantly, condescending.
          Can ya handle that request? If it's beyond your unlimited, intellectual abilities, you can take a pass on it.
          Go for it bud!
          Qwark

1. profile image0

This is qwark right?
            then NO lol

1. qwark profile image61

Brother:
              As I thought. I expected this response. Logic and reason are the antithesis of your programming.
              You represent well, the attitude of the "primitive" highly programmed religious bigot.
              Regardless of the monotheistic sect, the level of religious fanaticism you exhibit is comparable to that which has been responsible for over 2000 yrs of human degradation, pain, suffering and death.
              You seem to have a "Talibanish" dedication to myth and superstition.
              You and your ilk are scary!
              I have added you to my list of those who are not credible and/or worthy of consideration or response.
              tsk, tsk.
              Qwark

2. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1. profile image0

lol did i not reprove you previously, paul hater.

1. profile image0
          Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You claim to know God, must I reprove you for the email you sent me a few months ago? I kept it because my husband instructed me to.

1. profile image0

only one email.. gee sorry to offend had i have followed it up there might have been something to it that perhaps you could read into like you have pauls letters.
            I really don't agree that paul is a false prophet and i doubt i ever will. But that is whatever it is.
            jesus recruiting paul was brilliant and i don't just mean the shiny light.
            I don't see where it says anything in scripture about only elders reproving others.. reproving is not a church function solely for elders. I wonder where you got that from but never mind you are where you are and i am where i am in God.
            enjoy

3. profile image58
    faithnate12posted 13 years ago

its not only understanding the Bible, there are lots of people out there, they read the Bible and misinterpret its.  is it  all about how you serve follow his will now remember in the Bible, the rules of sinner and wicked previal. now listen to this,they are exalted for  a little while, but are gone and brough low; they're taken out of the way as all others ,  and cut off as the tops of the ears of corn.and if it be not so now, who will make me a liars, and make my speech nothing worth? then answer bil'-dad the shu'-hite, and said Dominion and fear are with him, he maketh peace in his high places. what do you thinks of that?

1. qwark profile image61

FAithnate:
      Beats me!
      Check the 40,000+ protestant sects, maybe what you believe matches one of theirs and you can join in...hallellulja!
      If not? You may be the 40,002nd!
      How about that?
      Wow! Think of the opportunities that await you:...THE SEEKER!
      Qwark   :-)

4. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

The range of religionists is amazing!

From snake handlers, to tongue talkers to fakers, exorcists, devil chasers, spirit hunters. They all have one thing in common.
    They mistake fantasy for reality.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5_fdbHb9kQ

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It’s the voice of reason; it scares the hell out of me

2. profile image0

Is this you?
      then how does this pertain to any part of a discussion?
      Oh yes this seems out of place and darned right wrong. Ask those people. Perhaps this is a stepping stone to something else. Perhaps these people are overboard. What causes people to go overboard. Huge belief. God can bring that down a notch or two if he has too. Perhaps they are drunk with self power and God can't reach them.
      Such inference is unecessary in debate. We know not why this occurs and we cannnot offer up correct opinion only slighted criticism and wrong diagnosis.
      They seem happy
      Others do not
      whas dat all about?

5. zzron profile image58
    zzronposted 13 years ago

Faith is believing in something not yet seen.
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/2352924_f248.jpg

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who's that happy hippy?

6. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Beelzedad wrote:
    Yes, it would appear that is exactly what believers emphatically do, tell us how to live, what is right and what is wrong based on their own set of doctrine. They themselves fail to see the dilemma they've created when they can't even agree on each others version of good and bad.

All we have seen from religious faith is fanaticism and zealotry, conflict and wars, division and hatred, and a society crafted to living the myths and superstitions of ages gone by.

As long as there is religious faith, there will always be people telling us what to do.

- - - - - - -

It seems that you have just described the behaviors of humanity from all walks of life.

Of course it is only a small percentage that behave that way; But if these individuals were taken out of the system there will always be someone to take their place.
      Just like in the case of drug lords and dealers.
      It seems that humanity will never be able to cleanse itself of , hypocrisy, greed,selfishness and deception under its own power.

It will require an outside force to do so.

Perhaps it's not meant to be cleansed for the moment. Sometimes there is usefulness in opposites. A kind of balance in a dual world.

I think looking outside ourselves is where we have gone wrong in the past. Our resulting behaviors originate from within therefore it makes perfect sense the change will need to come from within. Instead we look for an outside force to undo what we did.

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Diversity is a good thing.
        Diversity is a bad thing.

Since this struggle between THIS good thing vs bad thing seems to be part of a plan?  It has to have a purpose and an end result?   something ...that can not be seen from our prospective.  You would think?

I don't know whether its part of a plan...could very well be?

Perhaps the struggle is not so much the 'thing' (good or bad) but has more do to with the way in which we perceive the 'thing'. Meaning, perhaps the 'thing' is neither good or bad but whatever our minds say it is, it is and the struggle continues. 

If it does have a purpose and an end result I do agree it would be difficult to see from our perspective.

but  whatever our minds say it is, it is and the struggle continues.  - - -

Yes you are correct ...  and our mind perceives it according to how well it cooperates or how compatible it is with our efforts to achieve our desired outcome; whatever that might be??

or something like that.

Gotta go ...   back in a while.

2. Beelzedad profile image58

No, I have described the religious believer.

Another religious believer.

Getting rid of religions will clear up most of the mess. We can work on the rest of it, too.

In other words, the believer gives up trying and instead prays for their invisible white knight in shining armor to save the day. Yeah, that will work. smile

If you were to enter into these forums knowing nothing about anyone here.?

You would see that you do not sound as intelligent as you wish that you did.

Can you please come up with some new material;  or at least make that effort?

Then I might at least find your comments entertaining.

Thank you for your personal insult, Jerami. I'm sure you took ample time to think about it. smile

7. profile image0
    zampanoposted 13 years ago

I'll tell you what faith is :

Faith is wishing something so hard, that you end by believing that you believe it to be true.
    smile

8. Rastamermaid profile image65
    Rastamermaidposted 13 years ago

Faith believing in the intangible!

Yes believing in something you can't touch or see but knowing it's there.

You need faith in something or you will fall for anything.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)