Not Enough Click Love - Seeking Help

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (39 posts)
  1. SureFireKim profile image59
    SureFireKimposted 13 years ago

Hubbing is cool.
    Hubbing let us explore and research.
    Hubbing ignites creativity.

However, when all such efforts go completely unnoticed and hubs gather dusts with any views and traffic, it is difficult to keep the motivation.

I must be doing something wrong.

Seeking help and advice from fellow experienced hubbers.

Please critique and let me know how should I improve content and traffic.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@SureFireKim, you're doing nothing wrong, you're just being impatient. 

There are two kinds of traffic - other Hubbers, and visitors who find your Hubs through search engines.

Other Hubbers won't even notice your Hubs unless you participate in the forums and comment on other people's Hubs.  Since you haven't been doing that, you've been getting no Hubber visitors.

Search engines will notice your Hubs quickly, but it can take months for them to work their way up to page 1 on Google.  If they're listed on page 20, how many people do you think scroll through the search results that far?  So you're not going to get many search engine visitors yet, either.

That's why you need patience.  And that's why writing articles online isn't for anyone who wants instant results.  On any writing site, what you write today will get an audience and earn you money in six months or a year - not right now.

By the way, the reason for someone questioning your age is that you have to be over 18 to join HubPages.  It wasn't a reflection on your maturity.

Finally, your Hubs are a good length and well laid out.

SureFireKimposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Now, Finally some encouraging comments. Thank you !

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

You have two hubs. You've been here eleven days. What do you expect?

The people who are making money on hubpages:

►Have dozens of hubs.
    ►Have some knowledge of keywords.
    ►Have lots of practice to find out what works and what doesn't.
    ►Cover a wide range of topics.
    ►Let their hubs mature for 6-9 months before they start seeing serious traffic.

1. Marie Louise profile image73
      Marie Louiseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ive only been here a couple of days but have learned that being active (hub hopping, making comments, answering and asking questions, etc) have benefitted a lot.  Patience is the other thing we must have. smile  I've also learned that reading helpful hints from hubbers who have been at it longer is also a great help!

BTW thank you WryLilt for the hub on on things you wished you would have known when first starting.

Read that hub SureFireKim, its a BIG help!

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image85
        Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Marie Louise for mentioning the article by WryLit.  I will read the article. It sounds good.

3. SureFireKim profile image59

I'm not here to make any adsense money and that was not my question.

Frankly, if I ever make a dime from hubpages, I would be amazed.

I'm using this popular Web 2.0 platform for the first time and 2 views in 11 days shows I must be doing something wrong.

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you have already got the best advices. Just wanted to tell you in this forum you can always post you hubs' links and check if you are doing anything wrong.

4. Ign Andy profile image57
    Ign Andyposted 13 years ago

I agree with WryLit, I write more hubs and better if you can get over 20 hubs.
    Find your niche and research your keywords, learn from http://hubpages.com/profile/sunforged and http://hubpages.com/profile/Misha they both have great articles about keywords.
    Create backlinks and make friends, you can get backlinks from your friends and followers.

5. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Both your hubs are about skin care which is a very popular niche, so you will probably need to do some work on keywords, backlinking, promotion etc to get them more visible.

All the advice you have been given by the other hubbers here is good advice - so take it if you want more views on your hubs

The title of your OP is what would lead people to think you were talking about Adsense, as the term clicks is more commonly associated with Adsense

Unfortunately, none of us has a divine right to views on our hubs, it is all down to a lot of hard work and a bit of luck! Your views will go up over time, so keep writing and don't stress too much about it

6. SureFireKim profile image59

Any other suggestions for faster traffic ?

Sorry, can't wait 6 months to get few visitors.

In 6 months America will be under deflation and Republicans will control the house.

It is Halloween and I'm getting bored all alone in my dorm room - class starts tomorrow ! Let me do a little experiment with traffic and I'll share if it works :-)

1. Sullen91 profile image70
      Sullen91posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Publish a dozen hubs that are interlinked, share the site with everyone you encounter, create some ruckus, and you should see a response of sorts.

7. CMCastro profile image70
    CMCastroposted 13 years ago

When any of my hubscores drop or I am not getting enough reads, I edit them. I tweek the titles, I change or add photos, I add videos, or just check to see if the content is getting to boring. I have seen that my hub traffic is going out to different areas on our planet like the UK, Canada, Myanmar, India, Philippines, Even South Africa. So choosing subjects that are universally enjoyed will help. Like if you are talking about something that is only endogenous to the USA, make sure you encapsulate that in your title. Your readers in tropic Australia can not relate to an instruction on how to shovel snow in the winter, but they may just read if they want to know how we do it here. Also, writing personal stories about your life brings a lot more traffic, especially if you download your own photographs. I hoped I helped you. Happy Hubbing.

Ahhha - Now that is a very good suggestion. Thank you CMCastro. Point is noted.

2. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just so you know, CMCastro, some areas of Australia do get snow. smile

8. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

See that word on the top right hand side that says 'help' click on that and read through each section, then once you have done that, on the right hand side again, click on 'HubPages Learning Centre' and go through all the material there.

You will get a great amount of insight into HubPages and how it can work for your particular needs.

LOL ! :-)

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You find the suggestion to read the help files funny?

Actually, I find it to be  very unhelpful but I took it with a positive gesture- a smile.
          If you find his suggestions to be very helpful, go ahead and waste your time.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Why is telling you to read the help files when you have a question unhelpful? You can't expect everything to be handed to you.

Many Hubbers have also written many hubs that would answer your questions, a couple were posted here. The best way to learn is to read about others experiences, not everyone comes to the forum. Like anything, it takes work to be successful.

1. WryLilt profile image87

You'll be surprised how good and in depth while still being basic and easy to understand the hubpages help & learning centres are.

I still refer back to them every week or two for clarification on various things.

You remind me of someone getting a new electrical gadget and getting cranky because you've been told to read the manual....

1. K9keystrokes profile image84
                K9keystrokesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile LMAO!!! ..."cranky because you've been told to read the manual"...hilarious!

9. mythbuster profile image71
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

You might also try working on your HP profile so that if you're interacting in the forums and someone decides to visit your profile/hubs, there is something interesting to read... something that makes people feel they want to read your hubs, possibly follow/fan you in expectation of reading future content you might write, etc.

10. SureFireKim profile image59

I'm not cranky.

I'm just not expecting anything - neither fame nor fortune -  from hubpages so I'm not going to waste my time reading a help file.

Thank you all for your help and support.

Then it is your loss. And despite this, I'm sure that given a few months you'll be pleasantly surprised by the results (hubs have a way of gaining traffic in spite of the writers).

And when you do start seeing some traffic, you'll discover the 'help files' give you information to help you get even more.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Then don't expect people to waste their time helping you on the forum, their time is just as important as yours.

Then do not waste your time for God sake !

11. Entourage_007 profile image55
    Entourage_007posted 13 years ago

I would strongly urge patience and persistence on hubpages.  Writing articles is not the easiest job in the world, but the income is residual which is great.  Plus, as you continue to build momentum you will have more leverage and your influence and profits will continuously grow. 

I also find that a great way to increase traffic when you are first starting:  Participate in hubs, forums, leave comments, interact with other hubbers.  They will reciprocate, follow you back and read your hubs.   

This will help to give you a boost.  Otherwise twitter is another great way to boost traffic as it helped me when my traffic was a little lame.

12. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Just out of curiousity, just how old are you, SureFireKim?

Ahh !

The typical introduction of unjustified cynicism by questioning the maturity of a person - what is your age !   Classic !!

How about 54 ? makes you feel any good ?

I'd be more inclined to judge the internet knowledge of a 54 year old than a 19 year old, personally.

And you would be WRONG on either cases.

About the age or the internet knowledge? smile

And I'm sure KCC meant no offense by it. Although in your photo you appear to be late teens-early twenties.

And just so you know - just because you don't believe that you can make money off hubpages doesn't mean you can't.

Just like telling me the sky is red doesn't make it no longer blue. smile

Here is an example of one hubber who has revealed his very decent earnings in the first screenshot on his hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/Google-Keyword-Tool-Redefined

And people who are earning enough to pay their bills:

http://hubpages.com/help/success-stories

Sure, it's not EVERYONE who's earning money. But not EVERYONE bothers to put in the groundwork, either.

Here you'll see that less than 1 in 7 members have ever published even one hub: http://hubpages.com/stats

It's like a real life job. You can't do it perfectly straight away and it's not magic - it's work.

1. camlo profile image83
              camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

# Published Hubs: 1,070,160
              # Forum Posts: 1,329,249
              # Total Users: 1,463,076
              # Published Users: 200,054

That's amazing! Thanks for that, Wrylilt!

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
        KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was just curious, as I said.  It's unfortunate that you read more into it than that.

13. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

SFK, your entries here in this thread are becoming unfriendly and somewhat suspicious.  Trolls behave like this, although I don't know if that's what you are. 
    I believe if I wanted to leave a site crisply and without fanfare, I'd write the admin rather than make a public announcement such as this.

Well, if you think this is a troll then follow the age-old advice "do not feed the troll". 

Stay away from this thread, please.

If you read my comments, that is what I'm asking unhelpful people to do - DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD because you are not adding any value.

14. SureFireKim profile image59

-------------------- ****************** ---------------

THE END OF THIS THREAD

-------------------- ****************** ---------------

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)