What would you do if you had an opportunity to marry a Millionare.?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (38 posts)
  1. gazingleo profile image58
    gazingleoposted 15 years ago

What extreme measure would you take to marry a millionaire.(Male, or Female)

1. Teresa McGurk profile image60
      Teresa McGurkposted 15 years agoin reply to this

extreme measure?  fall in love, I guess.

1. Jewels profile image83
        Jewelsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It's an extreme sport these days smile

2. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

I am married to a millionaire, so I have had that opportunity!!! Well he is a millionaire in my heart!!!big_smile

3. profile image0
    Rainbow Briteposted 15 years ago

That depends...can I stand to be around him or her?  If not, forget it.  If all I'm gonna do is be irritated and pissed off by that person, I'm not gonna like them and they're not gonna like me, so it's just kinda pointless.  If, however, we happen to get along fairly well and decide to become a couple, I would treat that person the same as I have treated all my significant others of the past and present - like royalty.

4. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 15 years ago

What country are we talking about?

Because if she's from Zimbabwe forget about it.

1. profile image0
      C. C. Riterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm with him. hahaha

1. Nayberry profile image61
        Nayberryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

What's the deal with Zimbabwe?

1. darkside profile image63
          darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

A million dollars in Zimbabwe will get you a loaf of bread. If you're lucky.

Or was that just one slice of bread?

Anyway, you can read more about it here.

2. LondonGirl profile image81
          LondonGirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Inflation in Zim is running at billions % a year, so a Zimababwean billionaire is starving.

When OH and I went to Turkey in 2000, there were a million lira to the pound, which was both fun and confusing (-:

5. Nayberry profile image61
    Nayberryposted 15 years ago

Love really the only reason to get married, but since I've already gone down that road and it didn't turn out so well, I'd marry him, and let the good times roll!!!!   cool
    Tootles!!!

6. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 15 years ago

I think it would be difficult to marry someone who was already a millionaire.  I think it would be easier for the two to get along, trust each other, etc. if they came into the millions after already being together.

That's true, but either way if the love is not strongly rooted, there will be complications about money.  It seems that money is always an issue- whether you have any or not.

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree!!!big_smile

3. Teresa McGurk profile image60

wouldn't that be nice?  being able to pay off mortgages, and cars, and things that keep us all slaves to the next paycheck?  The thing about people like Bill and Melinda Gates is their dedication to spending their money wisely on educational charitable organizations.  wouldn't that be work you'd LIKE to do overtime for?

7. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 15 years ago

I agree.......love is a must, rich or poor.

8. gazingleo profile image58
    gazingleoposted 15 years ago

Ok,  So If love is more valuable, Then how come most of the world makes money out to be worth more.Why is it that everyone for the most part Chases after fame and fortune rather than focusing on the one and only?

We as people tend to place value in things that are tangible like money, cars, and homes.  In the process, we forget that there is something greater.  Love is far more valuable because it is something that you cannot put a pricetag on.  You can't buy, sell, or trade it. It is something that you can hold in your heart forever and no one can take that away from you.  Even if you fall out of love with your spouse, you still have love.  We tend to lose track of what is really important in our search for a better life.  Sure, I would love to find some gorgeous millionare to share his money with me, but I would not be happy if he would not also share his life with me.

Tootles!!

2. Teresa McGurk profile image60

maybe because when you can't find the love bit, you settle for less. . . .

9. k@ri profile image85
    k@riposted 15 years ago

Take it from me, don't ever marry for any reason short of absolute love!  I had a chance once to marry a millionaire, but I ended up dumping him.  I got sick and tired of him telling me how much richer he would be when his parents died.  Pretty morbid thought in my world!!

10. Mr Nice profile image77
    Mr Niceposted 15 years ago

♥ Marriage with a millionaire either way is business marriage not love. If that's your intentions I believe it's fine. Wow; think about the end result, a bigger divorce settlement which will make you a millionaire too. If the intentions are love marriage then do not even think about getting married to a millionaire. Millionaire's are married with their money & have no time to think about real love.
    ♥ Don't marry for money. You can borrow it cheaper. ♥

♥ Having more money does not insure happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars. ~Hobart Brown

♥ If you marry for money, you will surely earn it. ~ Ezra Bowen

Well you will be surprised to read this survey please visit this link..........
    http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/sex/woul … ey-152479/

11. ajcor profile image60
    ajcorposted 15 years ago

my father always said do not to marry for money because you will earn every cent of it!

I had the opportunity to marry a millionaire when I was a single mum but declined because he wanted me to travel the world with him and leave my elder son in a boarding school and my much younger son (2 year old baby) with his son and his wife...no way Nellie - bloody cheek on his part.....

12. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

I would marry a millionaire if HE loves me.~ The Soul needs Friendship, the Heart needs Love. Seduce my Mind and you can can have my body. Find my Soul and I am yours Forever~ a quote I have on my social site profiles, lol. Need I say more? smile

13. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

I couldn't care less about marrying a millionaire. I can make my own living!

14. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

Well, it depends on the millionaire.

If he or she:

a) loved me and expressed that love in ways that made me feel loved,

b) was a great communicator and liked to talk about feelings and relationships,

c) shared my values and interests,

d) had a track record of ongoing personal growth and supported me in mine: and

e) got on well with my other partners and my kids,

then I would definitely consider it.

Jenny

15. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL Ramen smile

16. Christoph Reilly profile image69
    Christoph Reillyposted 15 years ago

Ummm...I'd marry him!

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71
      Shirley Andersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You'll look good in that long, white gown.  Don't forget the garter!

1. Christoph Reilly profile image69
        Christoph Reillyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'd ask to borrow yours Shirley, but I'd have to let it out too much.  There just wouldn't be enough fabric, you know?

And Lita, thats a good answer.  There is hope for me after all.  Now I just have to "make something of myself."

17. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

I only go out with poor boys who have "made something of themselves."  wink  Weird, but true.  Don't care about millionaires.

18. profile image0

Didn't you like, already do that, Chris, smile, by going to NYC and becoming famous?

Anyway, white gowns are overrated, IMHO...

Sarcasm doesn't become you, Lita.  The wedding is OFF!

19. profile image0

Chris!!

Me, sarcastic?  NO.  Sincere, but *twinkly* sarcastic maybe...

I don't believe in marriage, anyway...lol

Now you're calling me a twinkie?  Well, I'm married anyway, so we'll have to be "friends with benefits."

20. profile image0

Yeah, well, I'm taken, anyway.  So!  "Benefits" will have to be whatever can be done while typing.  lol  smile

1. Jewels profile image83
      Jewelsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Multitasking is all the go these days and it's good for the brain so I hear.

21. profile image0
    Amy Gposted 15 years ago

I'm with some of you above.... cooler to run into the money after you've been in love for awhile.  That reminds me....damn!  I forgot to buy my lotto ticket today!

22. jacobkuttyta profile image44
    jacobkuttytaposted 14 years ago

nice posts

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)