Today's GOP poll:

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (31 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

From the Washington Post - top 3 contenders right now:

Huckabee - 21%

Palin - 19%

Romney - 17%

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
      Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The number one contender is Ron Paul

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Now, Ron Paul is THE MAN; he's like, one of the three honest politicians in the United Corporations of America.

2. profile image56
        C.J. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Too bad that's not going to happen.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

. . . .I couldn't care less, just so long as whoever it is loses.

2. salt profile image61
    saltposted 13 years ago

Im not american, but I wouldnt be anywhere near ms palin. You might find that internationally, the world might find her a bit too All american.

No, I just cant see it.. she doesnt have the strength or resilience of Hilary, nor the media nouse, she is nowhere near the woman that Madeline Albright was/is and I wouldnt even compare her to the current US presidents wife. There is no comparison in diplomacy, style or character.

Where are your great American women? You must have some good ones there. Women of character and substance, of intellect and honour???

1. Friendlyword profile image61
      Friendlywordposted 13 years agoin reply to this
    2. Jim Hunter profile image60
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"the world might find her a bit too All american."

And we sure are concerned with what the world thinks. roll

3. salt profile image61
    saltposted 13 years ago

I'd vote for Serena Williams before I even thought of Palin.

Internationally respected, style, has given back to others,.. probably understands US foriegn policy and diplomacy much more than Ms Palin.

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Salt, the good all American women really don't have the "balls" for the job. Besides, most women like being honest more than being dishonest. lol

5. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

That's quite a list of great women. I see Hillary Rodham Clinton is on it.

I wish I could find the poll results I saw just the other day. It showed Romney as #1 GOP choice, Palin #2 and Huckabee #3. Percentages were almost exactly same as this poll, just Romney and Huckabee switched.

Also from Washington Post (Gallup poll) today (1/20/11):
    In very good news for President Obama’s 2012 presidential reelection prospects Gallup’s daily tracking poll has the President at 51% approval today for the first time since mid May of last year.

But that’s not the only good polling news out today for the President.

PPP’s new poll says that the President has widened his leads against the likely GOP challengers. In fact PPP says that Obama is at his strongest position for reelection since 2009!

Obama 55% Sarah Palin 38%
    Obama 51% Newt Gingrich 39%
    Obama 49% Mike Huckabee 44%
    Obama 48% Mitt Romney 43%

For a bonus this time around PPP included Michele Bachmann, GOP congresswoman from Minnesota (liar), and the President tops her by a landslide margin of 51% to 33%.

Even Rasmussen Reports (who were proven to have a very strong Republican bias in the last election) has good news for Obama. They say he has his highest ratings since April of 2010 (-7 strong approval minus strong disapproval and 49% overall approval.)

1. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Probably best to wait on the glee til the fat lady sings.

2. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought Rasmussen was right on the money for the 2008 election? Read the end of page two:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/12 … Page2.html

I think Ras sometimes gets a different outcome because he polls only likely voters, which includes a lot of older whites, as the above article states.

6. Paul Wingert profile image61
    Paul Wingertposted 13 years ago

What surpises me is that Palin is even in the polls. The Republicans are having some serious credibilty isses lately (within the last few years). They's do better with a sock puppet over that ding bat Palin.

1. habee profile image92

Paul, I was surprised that Palin polled that well, also.

2. Jim Hunter profile image60

"The Republicans are having some serious credibilty isses lately (within the last few years)."

Yeah, winning the house sure shows a majority of Americans are having issues with them.

Wait....

1. junko profile image70
        junkoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Gop has the tea party to thank for the house

1. Jim Hunter profile image60

They ran as Republicans, they got Republicans to vote for them.

The tea party isn't so large that they did this on their own.

1. junko profile image70

Jim: The tea was large and loud enough to distract the people away from the GOP's mosf recent failures the last 10 years. Most tea party members didn't believe the GOP when they said they Got it, after not getting it the last decade. We got a two party system most Republicans would vote Tea party rather than Democrat. The tea party saved the GOP from defeat in the mid term elections. The GOP has done a good job reinventing itself.

"most Republicans would vote Tea party rather than Democrat."

Isn't that what I said?

1. junko profile image70

Jim: They had to vote Gop or democrat or not vote which would be a vote for democrats. The tea party would vote Palin rather than democrat. The tea party endorsed the tea party not the republicans party even though they were republicans. If the tea party didn't exist some other loud distraction would have had to be created. the republicans needed a weapon of mass distraction base on disinformation and they got it with the tea party. The tea party needed a platform and they got it in the Gop. I said the GOP would have been defeated if not for the tea party. Isn't that what I said. Are we both right or are we both wrong.

7. BillyDRitchie profile image60
    BillyDRitchieposted 13 years ago

Would it be making too much sense to comment that Presidential polls at this point are pretty much meaningless?  Two years is forever in political circles, plenty of time for Obama to screw up again or for an exciting fresh face to come out of the GOP (I'm not holding my breath).

I think it's quite simple....if the economy recovers, Obama gets re-elected.  If not, he is history...

Tim Pawlenty

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
        Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Narby Krimsnatch.

8. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

I liked Huckabee over Mccain and Romney last time. Seems like a nice level headed dude.

9. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 13 years ago

There's no difference between Tea Party and Republican. The TP is just an effort to rehabilitate the Republican name after Bush.

1. habee profile image92

I disagree. Most TP members I know are farther right than many Republicans I know. Most of the TPers I've talked to are more like Libertarians.

1. livelonger profile image86
        livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe among the people you know that might be true, but in terms of their polling on social issues, TPers are exactly the same as Republicans nationwide.

Appealing to the libertarian streak among conservatives was never going to be a real crowd-pleaser; social conservatives dwarf them.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/141098/tea-p … -base.aspx

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2011/ … y-marriage

10. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

It sure does look to be a crowded field, especially if you count the many declared "non-candidates" who are likely to jump in.
    Here is one person's ranking. I like his naming of the candidates!

http://dailycaller.com/2011/01/17/thedc … -rankings/

1. habee profile image92

I would change #3 to "Wannabe Superstar"! lol

11. salt profile image61
    saltposted 13 years ago

Good to see good news. You soon learn, that the polls are run by marketing companies with an objective of their own. Sometimes to lull the voters and politicains into thinking life is rosy, so they wont listen or work through something. Sometimes to create a particular desired outcome, depending on who has commissioned the survey, how it has been written and what its objective is. And then you have people who fib to the surveyer and survey interviewers who purposely change the answers given.

So add all these factors together and the way the surveys are worded, said and percieved by the person answering them.

I did survey interviewing for awhile and found that I would think the question meant this.. and about 2 hours later I would realize that someone else might percieve that it could mean something else entirely.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)