How Long is the Average Time to Start Seeing Results With AdSense

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Virtual Treasures profile image61
    Virtual Treasuresposted 13 years ago

I've heard that natural time frame takes an average of four months.  Anyone else have different results?  If so, how did you do it?

1. kschang profile image86
      kschangposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Depends on the topic. It takes at least 2 months for it to get some decent traffic (200 hits a day) and some niche stuff never will. You'd be lucky to get a dozen hits a day.

Just write it and don't worry about it.

Virtual Treasuresposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What do you find gets the best traffic? The conversational topics or answer topics? Thanks for your time!

1. kschang profile image86
          kschangposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Answer topics are better, because they're "evergreen" (unless you pick a "how to" with limited shelf life, like "best apps of 2010")

Conversation topics tend to be "contemporary" and thus have a "shelf life".

2. ImChemist profile image58
      ImChemistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Its up to you , if you want this time 4months , it will be and if you want to make it four hours it will be !!

I would like it to be yesterday! :-) Just kidding! I'm having fun and learning a lot. It's not all about earnings for me, but that is definitely a perk! Thanks for the input!

2. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This isn't true. 4 hours? You must be kidding!

Those who start on Hubpages with a good working knowledge of SEO will do much better initially than those who don't, although there are exceptions. I have seen people join recently hit the jackpot accidentally, simply because they wrote about highly searched items.
        The best tip I can give you is to keep writing and learning, and if one of your hubs does well initially, write a whole host of new hubs around that subject.
        Nobody will tell you 'good' subjects to write about, because if they are good they'll be writing them themselves!

2. JustMike profile image66
    JustMikeposted 13 years ago

okay I've been here only since December 9th and I will tell you what I have seen literally a penny or so in the month of December and then January comes and in one week I made pocket change 3 days in a row. So Good Luck and keep at it and just learn as much as you can there are some people here that know a lot.

3. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

It may be, and probably is, a reasonable figure for an average.  Hubbers and hubs vary so widely, though, that the figure is nearly worthless for practical purposes.

I actually made money my first month ($.02) but 100% of my hubs are, I think, still developing.  They are still getting new outside links, still moving (up, I hope) in the google rankings.

4. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 13 years ago

Based on replies to the poll on my earnings tips Hub,

http://hubpages.com/hub/Improve-Your-Hub-Earnings

I would guesstimate that an "average" time to hit the first AdSense payout is about nine months, but as with most things, YMMV.

5. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

It takes as long as hte effort you put in to it. For most people the timeit takes to learn teh ins-and-outs as well as create a large amount of content, it usually takes between 6-9 months to reach first payout. Some people have drastically beaten that though.

6. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 13 years ago

I think it depends mostly on your Hubs. With just 9 Hubs on this account, I was earning a penny or two now and again. I opened a new account, and after about 20 Hubs there, a couple of them started making money. After 40 Hubs there, my earnings were becoming quite substantial, and with well over 100 Hubs ... well, I can only say it's all very worth while. Just keep writing and see which Hubs work best. BTW, my first 9 Hubs still make practically no money, so if I hadn't written more, I'd still be waiting.

7. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years ago

It took me about 18 months to reach first payout from Adsense, and several months to see any money at all going into my Adsense account. I think it took me so long because I started out writing more humorous hubs, and therefore they were unlikely to be on a topic a person would actually 'search for' on the net. Clearly the nature of the topics you write about as well as high quality writing is what will make the difference.

Thank you.  I was really wondering that.  I'll have to check out your hubs!

8. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

I took eleven months to hit my first payout, and I've made two more payouts since then (I do however have about 60 more hubs in a second account).

On a related note, is anyone else finding that January is absolutely dire for Adsense?

1. camlo profile image84
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes. But it is just starting to pick up again.

9. steffer profile image60
    stefferposted 13 years ago

it took me 10 months before i got my 1st adsense cheque, after that, i made in 2 months, what took me 4 months to generate, so it's getting up.just take the time.

@ EmpressFelicity: Yes, it seems to become a lousy month. December was great for me, $22.

Now january, only $8

1. Rosie2010 profile image67
      Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

steffer, how much is minimum payout?  I've been here almost three months and my Adsense earnings are just $16+.  My Amazon is better at $18.  I earned zero in my first month and some days I only get a few cents.  So what is minimum payout for Adsense earnings?

10. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Have to say that although January is not looking as good as December for Adsense, it is still pretty healthy considering my traffic has dropped

11. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

It took me between the 8th and 9th month to get my first payout with about 70-80 hubs after that it was pay every month, well actually I missed payout the second month by £5 but that made for £185 payout the 3rd month.

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, not bad!

2. Rosie2010 profile image67

Wow that's nice.  How much is minimum payout?

1. steffer profile image60
        stefferposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rosie

Payout minimum is set at $100 or € 71,06 (in my case)

1. Rosie2010 profile image67

thanks, steffer.  I got a loooong way to go then. lol

2. Richieb799 profile image76
        Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Minimum payout in the UK is £60, by the time I reached that my pay out was actually about £70

12. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

I've been hubbing for almost three months now.  I got ZERO earnings in Adsense and Amazon the first month.  Then the second month I earned $4 and this month $12+ and my Amazon is up to $18.  But there are days like today that my Adsense earning is 1 cent. I'm still learning, so I hope I help a little.

1. steffer profile image60
      stefferposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i also still have 1cent and even zero days, and haven't made one red cent in amazon yet. After 18 months i can only hope i make something soon

2. Virtual Treasures profile image61

That's still good.  I'm so excited about .43 right now, I can barely stand it!! Hahaha!

13. Dorsi profile image86
    Dorsiposted 13 years ago

It was 10 months till I got my first payout, then they came every 2-3 months, now every month. I've heard that 10-11 months is pretty common.

14. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

For me it took 12 months.  I didn't start seeing results until I started writing a lot more hubs.  But if you are more strategic instead of writing about any old thing like I do you will see faster results if you use SEO.

15. Virtual Treasures profile image61
    Virtual Treasuresposted 13 years ago

Thank you for the input, everyone! This gives me a really good idea of what to expect, and it also leads me in the right direction to go with my hubs.  You guys are awesome!

16. brettb profile image61
    brettbposted 13 years ago

Making money online is hard work. If you want serious income you need to put in serious hours. Write 5 hubs a day and you'll start to see some good income. 95% of people give up though - I've signed up 30 hubbers but only 2 have got to the more than 30 Hubs stage.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)