Faux News update : America just became an anti-choice country.

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (143 posts)
  1. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 13 years ago

Did anyone get the e-mail on this?
    According to the Faux News network America became an anti-choice country recently.

//The abortion debate has returned with vigor to Congress after many years of dormancy, and the result may be different this time around. That's because while Washington wasn't watching, America became a pro-life nation.//

They're batting 2 for 2 now. They also like to spread the lie that we are a christian nation. Let's see we are a pro-life country that has legalized abortions. Sounds like their may be some pro-life people, along with some christian people, in this secular, pro-choice  nation. If they repeat thiese lies often enough, the pro-ignorance people of America will spread it like gospel and it will show up with in days in the comments section of my local newspaper.

//The ultrasound machine has had a huge effect on the debate over when life begins.//

The ultrasound machine shows a picture of what they already knew to be fact. It does not prove when life begins or when life reaches the state where it can survive on it's own. The ultrasound would be useful to a anti-choice crusader as it presents a picture they love to show for shock value.

//Social conservatives are usually on the losing end of societal trends. Gay marriage seems increasingly likely and gays will soon serve openly in the military.//

Please explain to me how the gay community fit into a discussion of abortion. How many gay men or gay women are seeking abortions. This was simply to reinforce the belief that the viewer is supposed to dislike gays as much as abortion. It contributes to the article in no way shape or form other than spreading hate. Normal day at the faux news fairly unbalanced compound.

//But on abortion, it is possible that in the long term, the right may win the battle. One day, Democrats may have to do on abortion what they have done in the past decade on gun control and cede the issue.//

Lets not forget to remind people that are pro-gun. No better place to discuss gun right than in an abortion discussion. Who knows, someone from the Army of God might be listening and we could get em to take out another abortion doctor for us, they seem to be saying. Amen

1. profile image57
      C.J. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All true, the right stirs up the evangelical right to make sure they show up at the polls. Same with the left, they stir up minority groups to get them to the polls. Is any of it real? Depends on your perspective and political leanings. Why your surprised by this is beyond me.

2. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Yes, they are the judge and jury for women's lives.

Do WHAT we say, WHEN we say, and HOW we say.

By order of the State.

3. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

The small numbers who actually form the anti-abortion population are dangerous because they can mobilise pretty much all their members, coerce unsure members and outright bully their members in the churches.  By far the biggest numbers are those who are not anti-abortion and just see it as normal and of no great significance in their lives - so on a vote poll the antis look about ten times bigger group than they are, which is a good thing in some ways as it makes the stupid interfering bigoted segment a lower percentage of population overall.

4. lovemychris profile image76

Across Country, Lawmakers Push Abortion Curbs
    By ERIK ECKHOLM
    Published: January 21, 2011

"Newly energized by their success in November’s midterm elections, conservative legislators in dozens of states are mounting aggressive campaigns to limit abortions.

In Florida and Kansas, legislators plan to reintroduce measures that were vetoed by previous governors but have the support of the new chief executives, like ultrasound requirements and more stringent regulation of late-term abortions.

“This is the best climate for passing pro-life laws in years,” said Michael Gonidakis, executive director of Ohio Right to Life, expressing the mood in many states. “We’ve got a pro-life governor and a brand new pro-life speaker. Our government now is pro-life from top to bottom.”

Republicans in Congress hope to strengthen measures to prevent even indirect public financing of abortions, but laws in the states have the greatest impact on access to them. Abortion opponents have been emboldened by major changes in the political landscape, with conservative Republicans making large gains.

The biggest shift is in the state capitols, with 29 governors now considered to be solidly anti-abortion, compared with 21 last year. “This is worrisome because the governors have been the firewall, they’ve vetoed a lot of bad anti-choice legislation,” said Ted Miller, a spokesman for Naral Pro-Choice America.

In 15 states, compared with 10 last year, both the legislature and the governor are anti-abortion, according to a new report by Naral, and those joining this category include larger states like Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin, as well as Georgia and Oklahoma. Maine and Pennsylvania are now strongly anti-abortion as well, if not quite as solidly.

The politics of abortion have changed profoundly in some larger states including Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

“We’re facing the biggest threat to reproductive rights we’ve ever faced in this state,” said Lisa Subeck, executive director for Naral Pro-Choice Wisconsin.

Cecile Richards, president of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America: “We now are concerned about a real overreaching by some state legislators and governors that will make it very difficult for women to access reproductive health care.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/22/us/po … r=1&hp

Will women also become property again? Ok to beat them as long as it's a thin board you use to beat them with?

Anti-Woman, Anti-Choice, Anti-Freedom.  All forced on you by order of the State. Republicans will decide your reproductive choices for you.....or just don't have sex.

Of course, wealthy women will continue having abortions if they should need to....they just can go to a country where women's freedom is respected.

5. lovemychris profile image76

One Repub calls abortion a "Holocaust". Another calls paying taxes "Rape".

Why do they hate women so much?????

Look around you. Your Repub/Empire policies kill thousands of living breathing babies a day......where is your even-handedness? Where is your concern for something other than  your gd ideology?

Mind your own business. MY uterus is NOT your concern!!!

6. BillyDRitchie profile image60
    BillyDRitchieposted 13 years ago

I suppose the notion of taking responsibility for your sexual behavior is a bit too much to grasp, huh?

It's simple, if you are going to have sex, then you know full well that a baby might be the result.  Either be prepared to take responsibility for the life you have created or keep your pants on.

Yes, I am a male who is pro-life.  Was married for twenty years to a WOMAN who is (GASP!) pro-life.  Respect for life is not determined by gender.

1. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rape?

1. BillyDRitchie profile image60
        BillyDRitchieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't bore me, John.  Abortion has always been legal in the cases of rape or incest and would in all likelihood remain legal even if abortion were outlawed tomorrow.

And there are stories of rape victims who ended up pregnant as a result and chose to carry the baby to term.  The reason?  They believed the baby shouldn't have to pay for what the father did.  Such an attitude is to be commended.

Well, one up to the US then. It wasn't all ways thus in the UK.
          Mind, I'm all ways a bit confused by pro lifers, so many of them seem to be in favour of the death penalty!
          And what's with all this murdering of people who  don't see eye to eye with them?

It is actually quite simple.  A murderer has committed a crime deserving of death.  An unborn child has committed no crime (unless of course you consider being conceived at an inopportune time to be a crime)

No, according to the laws of the land, abortion isn't illegal and therefore anybody performing a legal abortion has committed no crime.

I'm not talking about the performance of the abortion, I'm talking about the life that is aborted.  They have done nothing to warrant being denied their right to a full, complete existence.....

I'm glad life is so simple for you, so cut and dried.
                  When exactly does life begin?

Conception. Yes, I know you conveniently will not agree.

2. profile image0
                  PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your argument would make sense (at least for you) if you did not make an exception for rape or incest.  A baby conceived in rape is just as innocent yet you are willing to murder it due to the circumstances of its conception.

Actually I am not willing to do so....I do not think that babies conceived in rape should be aborted.  But I also know what has historically been allowed and would continue to be allowed.

2. megs11237 profile image60
                    megs11237posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You don't want to step up to the plate to take care of them yet you think you should decide the woman's fate?

2. profile image0
              china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So according to your logic Bush and Cheney should be executed for attacking and murdering several hundred thousand Iraqi's for profit,  a corporate mugging ?

Nope, people die in war.  That doesn't mean that we refrain from defending ourselves.....

Attack being the best form of defence no doubt?

Not turning this into a debate on the Iraq war, but yes, pre-emptive strikes should always be on the table....

That wasn't a war, it was an invasion based on lies to a country that had not attacked us.

What about victims of Rape billy or ones that will die if they give birth?

Should they be more responsible as well?

7. lady_love158 profile image61
    lady_love158posted 13 years ago

According to their poll the majority of Americans are pro life. Makes sense to me after all who is against life? Bottom line is people don’t like abortion but will tolerate it under certain circumstances and not if it's used for population control of so called undesirables.

8. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Are you REALLY this damn stupid? To believe every email that you get?

Do you know what the word 'Faux' means? It means fake. You are quoting the 'Fake News Network'.

And what's more, you didn't even think to Google the Fake News Network. It brings up one of the least advanced blogs I have ever seen, possibly hosted by Blogger, at the domain FauxNewsNetwork.com.

What next? Are you going to quote a senile grandmother or six month old baby in an academic research paper?

This is enough to put me off my holiday to America, which I go on tomorrow, I am an atheist but would happily pray to god that I don't have to meet anybody like you.

According to some tramp that I met yesterday picking KFC remains out of a bin the world is going to end next week anyway, so all this crap doesn't matter anymore. Obviously we should believe that, if he owns the domain EverythingSaidByAnybodyIsGospel.com or similar.

Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes Ryan, she is or at least she takes great pleasure in acting that way.

2. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL Ryan, this is how our resident left wingnuts prefer to call Fox News. I guess this gives them some sense of satisfaction, on a kindergarten level. smile

9. Nicole Winter profile image59
    Nicole Winterposted 13 years ago

This is *way* TMI ... but ... nothing has been as freeing: emotionally, physically and mentally as getting my IUD put in.

For 12 years I will not have to worry about pregnancy.  Yes, like condoms, there is that small percentage of a chance, but really, that's gotta be the unluckiest lotto in the world, right?

I can't even begin to describe how awesome this piece of copper is, how happy I am to have done this.  I think, in general, when women take total control of their reproductive rights: when they have control over them in a fail-proof (abortion,) way, they are happiest.

I don't see how it is any one government, or one group of people's decision what a single woman can do with her body.

Thank-you.

1. Christy Goff profile image60
      Christy Goffposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If people see their child, say she's 12, and she was raped, what would you do??  It wasn't her choice, she didn't ask for it, if she ended up pregnant, would you make her have the baby?  If I have this right, it wasn't the babies fault that she got pregnant.
      Well here's the deal, it wasn't your babies fault either.
      And every woman is someones baby. 
      I don't believe in using abortion as a birth control. 
      But abortion is needed.  And every woman should have the right to say what is going to happen to her body.  If not, then maybe we should see if the government can decided when a man should get a visectomie.

1. lady_love158 profile image61
        lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

If a woman is carrying a female does the baby have a right to decide what happens to HER body?

Abortion is about exercising your RIGHTS to deprive another of THEIRS.

Should the state have the right to murder you if you're a burden to the taxpayer?

All born in this country have these rights you speak of, correct lady? Guess what even you should be able to realize that a fetus hasn't been born yet. It also make me wonder where this concern for the rights of the new born comes from and why so many on the right fought to have these rights taken away from those born to illegal immigrants. How many more exemtions do you people plan on whipping out. You arent worried about the rights of others, you are concerned with your right to harrass and persecute all you dont like for what ever reason you came up with that day. There is no god and even if there was, you ain't her.

Oh please! You liberals think the constitution should be reinterpreted because it was written when they didn't have airplanes so we shouldn't have guns... well they didn't have the medical technology we have today so a fetus that's 34 weeks can be yanked from the womb and allowed to writhe on a stainless table until someone plunges a scissors in the back of it's neck to sever it's spinal cord and that's protecting a woman's right to chose?

I don't think so!!!

10. lovemychris profile image76

How about all the babies that get killed in drive-by shootings and gun murders EVERY day in America? They're not as important as your right to lax gun laws?
    More get killed here than in a war zone.
    And those Palestinian babies shrapneled and white phospoured to death were just as innocent as any American ones. Moral eqiuvalence.....

Taking Life--living, breathing, member of a family Life is fine with you if you support the cause.
    Allowing women the freedom to end one before it begins is against your religion...ergo, should be against the law.

This is the United States, not the Religious States.

So when does life begin?

1. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That question is above my pay grade. I am not God.

So if you cannot answer the question, how do you know you are not condoning the taking of a life?  Doesn't it make more sense to err on the side of caution?

If not, then it seems that you are playing God....

11. lovemychris profile image76

Ahh, but there's another crux to your problme....your policies consider poor people who need help to be a burden on you, don't they?
    You support cutting social programs don't you?

Well--let me tell you. Working for a minimum wage job...hell, even $10 an hour job--you cannot afford to pay bills AND daycare. So, if these women have the babies you would force them to have, either they are going to have to stay at home and collect welfare, or go to work, and have state-funded day care.
    Both of which your policies abhor, right?

Your argument is inhumane....we will force you to give birth, but once it gets here---you can live on the streets for all we care.
    OR--go through all that emotional turmoil and health-issues being pregnant just to give it up?

No thank you! STOP it before it begins!!!

12. lovemychris profile image76

I am playing God to my own life. And I alone will have to answer for that decision when I face the real god.
    Why do YOU feel it is YOUR right to interfere with that????

Not only that, but once babies get here....your policies advocate just letting them fend for themselves. How does that jibe?
    Living Hell on Earth vs going back into the Loving Arms of God.

All babies should be wanted. And even god makes that decision sometimes. Infertility/mis-carriage.

So you're not God but admit you play God with your own life.....ooookay....

13. lovemychris profile image76

As do you. YOU decide what you do on a daily basis...as do we all.
    You, however, want to play God with me and my life. Which you have no business in.
    As you have condoned babies being killed in war, what leg are you standing on?

14. lovemychris profile image76

ps: They are called "Collateral Damage."

Nobody is guaranteed to live forever, and the fact is that people die in war.  That is not a justification to never allow them any sort of life at all.

15. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 13 years ago

I dont understand the claim by alot of christians that they are so damned concerned with saving these lives for the reasons they claim. If they are so worried about saving the innocent lives of children, why did they fight for the right to kill them once they are born. Too many christians feel it is their right to force a woman to bring a child into this world, while they can substitute witch doctor prayer healings for medical treatment for their children. In 44 states in this country you can claim a religious exemtiom that permits you to kill you kid for god. Why does the moral majority think it's only permissable to end a life after it has left the womb? They seem to want as many fetuses brought to full term for no other reason than to kill them for their own pleasure. I believe they are simply exercising theiclaimed right to sacrifice their child as to increase their chances of getting to heaven. Amen

1. lovemychris profile image76
      lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was going to bring that up too stump....a lot of kids just "go missing" all around the world. There ARE cults that use them for ceremonies, child sex trade, pornographic movies, ritual murder....all sorts of evil. According to David Icke, Peadophilia is the glue that holds the Ruling Elite's in power.

You could wonder if they don't want all these poor, unwanted, unable-to-be-cared for babies for their own vile purposes.

You trust Operation Rescue?? Not as far as you can throw them!

So we should kill them in the womb because they might become the victim of a cult?

Okay, that makes perfect sense.....(rolls eyes)

1. megs11237 profile image60

Yes but you do not make sense either.

So let me make sure I understand....we should kill them in the womb because there is the remote chance they might become the victim of a violent crime?

What to say but "wow"?

2. Stump Parrish profile image60

Do you prefer that we should protect them in the womb so parents can kill them at their leisure? How does one claim to be pro-life on one hand and demand the right to take one on the other. If people were truly concerned with rights, they would be looking past their rights and feel that all meansall and not just those I choose to be included in the all,  that you select.

It is possible to be pro-choice and anti abortion. Whether or not an abortion is preformed is none of my concern. It's not my body thats in question. My rights end where your nose, and the noses of women begin.
          I will bring up another question that no one has previously answered. If christianity is so concerned with ending abortions, why do they continue to stand in the way of a simple way to reduce them. Teach children safe sex practices and give them free access to condoms? It's because your god is more upset about kids having sex like their parents did than ending abortions. You claim to want to end abortions while doing everything you can to make sure more women request them.

16. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Actually, FOX isn't the only one reporting similar findings. Check these out:

http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm

Read the 5th paragraph here:
    http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/daily … 30122.html

http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/more- … -time.aspx

Do I support abortion? Not in general. Do I think Roe v Wade should be overturned? No. If abortion is illegal, we'll see lots more clinics like the chamber of horrors in Pennsylvania. I think abortion should be safe, EARLY, legal, and rare.

1. Pcunix profile image92
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I do NOT think it should be casual. It should be very serious with required counseling - not because I think the fetus is a person, but because of the affect it can have on the mother and father, grandparents and so on.

A woman must have the right, but I see nothing wrong with requiring counseling. Not "you'll burn in he'll" counseling, of course.

17. lady_love158 profile image61
    lady_love158posted 13 years ago

40% of all abortions are black women and blacks are only 13% of the population.

Funny how liberals don't see a problem with that.

What percentage of these abortions would never have happened if teenagers were taught realistic and truthful sex education? The problem for the right doesn't seem to be the death of a child. It appears it is nothing more than a do as I say and not as I do line of crap. Do you stand against and rally against the religious right to kill your child with prayers instead of choosing medical care that would save the life? A lot of christians seem to believe they have the right to kill those they desire to and assume like you do that the rest of the world will play their little I'm better than you are game.

2. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's because there are more poor blacks who can't afford to care for a child. LaLo, I understand your feelings on abortion - I really do. I don't like the idea of taking any human life, so I also oppose the death penalty. BUT...I'm trying to think of the issue rationally. If abortion were illegal, it wouldn't stop abortion. Women have been getting abortions for hundreds of years (some with a stick) and will continue to do so. That's why I think it should be legal and safe. And as I said, it should be rare and not used as a form of birth control, which unfortunately, it sometimes is. I've had students who had already had 2, 3, and even 4 abortions by their senior year. We need to make contraceptives more readily available. I honestly have no problem with making condoms available at schools. Abstinence doesn't work. Most teens are going to have sex.

I do think late-term abortions should be illegal, unless the mother's life is at stake. Once the fetus can feel pain and be aware of its surroundings, it's too late for an abortion - unless, like I said, the mother is at risk.

18. Mighty Mom profile image76
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

LaLo wrote: "40% of all abortions are black women and blacks are only 13% of the population.

Funny how liberals don't see a problem with that."

What is the problem YOU see with that?
    If black women didn't have abortions the black population would be much higher than 13%. And there would be that many more children dependent on welfare.
    So are you saying you want more people on welfare?
    Make up your mind. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth here.

I was thinking of another orafice MM.

2. lady_love158 profile image61

And you libs claim the right is racist? LOL!  Why does being blac mean you will be condemed to live on welfare? Did it occur to you that some of those aborted might become high achievers like Obama? How about the fact that an increased black population would weild greater political power?

//Why does being blac mean you will be condemed to live on welfare?// You are the only one who made that statement, you explain it. Why is it that your answers never have anything to do with the question or statement you are responding.
        A baby born to a family on welfare has a better likelyhood of remaining on welfare. Black or white or brown. You made that a racial issue byprocessing the info thru a racist brain. The previous statement assumes you have one of course.

You DO realize you are not making any sense at all, right?

19. lovemychris profile image76

I still fail to see how any of it is anyone's business but the one who is pregnant, and her immediate family!

It can't be that they care about life,cause after it gets here, they tell it to go to hell.
    It can't be that they care about killing babies, as babies are killed on a daily basis with our policies....war and lax gun laws.

It must be they look down on women so much they can't allow them to make their own decisions about their own lives.

Why don't you do something for the many babies that are already here that nobody wants to help???

More homeless suffering is not the answer. Or wards of the state that go on to get abused.

Didn't Obama and Pelosi have to pull teeth to get the CHIPS bill passed for kids who are already born onto this Earth?

Sorry--but your actions speak louder than your words. It seems to me you are pro-life until they are born.

20. Mighty Mom profile image76

Stump: lol Touche!
    LMC: You hit it right on the head. They are uber-passionate about the rights of the unborn. Once the woman has her baby they suddenly become dispassionate and disgusted and want nothing further to do with either of them.
    Can we say HYPOCRITE?
    Here's a very simple solution:
    If you don't agree with abortion DON'T HAVE ONE!

21. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

This just shows how ignorant politicians are and a prime example of how stupid they think the public truly is or happens to be.

Rights are tied to choices.

Being born isn't a choice.

Go figure that the average person does not know. lol

Csgil, I disagree, politicians aren't ignorant. Politicians pander to the ignorant to stay in office.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Politicians are ignorant in the manner that they never understand what is truly in the best interests of the citizens. Their pathetic greed and quest for power makes the devoid of any knowledge to what's right. wink

I think they understand perfectly what's best for the citizens of this country and simply do what's best for themselves. If kissing the butts of the moral majority will keep them in office, they'll simply  have the lobbyists for chap stick send them a case.

22. Mighty Mom profile image76

It is interesting to note that this poll, conducted by FAUX NEWS, does NOT show the majority of Americans wanting to ban abortion entirely. Far from it!
    It is only a small minority (like 12%) who want NO abortion.
    The rest of the respondents want it to be available.

23. lovemychris profile image76

Do you see why I call them a cult?
    Only 12% want no abortion. Only 18% want no healthcare reform....

Yet, they are getting their way!!!

We need NORMAL people to take charge again. This crazimess has gone on long enough.

1. ediggity profile image60
      ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who are "NORMAL" people?

I believe it's spelled NORML.

2. Cagsil profile image70

Hey Lovemychris,

50% of the people are registered voters.
      50% of the people who are registered voters vote.
      15% of the people who are citizens are homeless.
      20% of the people are millionaire status.

Therefore the country is run and operated on the minority. lol

24. lovemychris profile image76

Yeah, good point. All I can say is, if you ever watched Lost In Space, you know how they had that robot, and it would malfunction sometimes?

That is how I feel about the republibaggers: "Danger!! Danger!!"

25. lovemychris profile image76

Or was it "Warning!! Warning!!"?

26. lovemychris profile image76

Yes, they would do a MUCH better job!!!

Just think of all that tax money, and all those empty jail cells and all that human potential released from the confines of prison-for-profit.....too much to hope for. The agenda is set.

And it does not favor People Power.

27. lovemychris profile image76

Well, unless you mean corporations are people...then it's people power.

28. profile image0
    SirDentposted 13 years ago

How many of you pro abortionists would be willing to perform an abortion on a fetus of say, 24 weeks?

First off, your question is moot. Those who get abortions, do not perform them themselves. Doctors do because abortion is a legal procedure offered to woman, as an option.

I know how much you are against abortion, because of your religious faith, however, I've stated this once before, I guess, I'll state it yet again.

Being born is NOT a choice. Got it? hmm

I doubt you will find many pro-choice people who would support an abortion at 24 weeks let alone perform one. This of course changes when the abortion is the only way to save the mother's life and,  this is what THE WOMAN choses to do with HER body.

29. Mighty Mom profile image76

Please refrain from referring to those of us who support a woman's right to choose as "pro-abortion." I know I don't speak only for myself when I say we are definitely not "pro-abortion."
    We are pro-choice, and, in fact, pro-life.
    We recognize and respect the LIFE of the woman who finds herself pregnant and not able -- for reasons that are no one's business but hers -- to carry the pregnancy to term.
    We recognize and respect that every child brought into this world deserves to be wanted, loved and cared for. To bring a child into the world and know in advance you cannot provide for it is irresponsible.
    We recognize and respect the medical practitioners who terminate pregnancies legally.
    That is why, as habee and Hillary Clinton say, abortion should be legal, safe and RARE. We favor eduction and birth control as a means to reduce the number of abortions performed.
    Should there be restrictions put on legal abortions? Yes.
    But even legislating "NO abortions after the 2nd trimester!" there will always be situations where abortion after 24 weeks is medically necessary. It should be up to the doctor to make that decision on a case-by-case basis. Not religious zealots.

By refering to it as pro-life and atit-life, they give them a subconsious sense of superiority. To be fair to both sides it needs to be called what it is, pro-choice and anti-choice. The procedure has nothing to do with the life or death of the person it's being performed on.

When proper availabilty of abortion clinics and procedures are combined with a reduction in the abuse from people who have no right to have a say in the decision, you will see a drastic reduction in late term abortions. If woman feel they can exercise their rights with no threat of verbal and emotional abuse, they will have no reason to put themselves in a position to consider a late term abortion. By fighting the current level of abortions, consevatives are increasing the number  and likelyhood of late term abortions. As I oft repeat, It is conservative determination to keep condoms out of the hands of teenagers that cause the alot of pregnancies that make getting an abortion become an option. Take the condom off, tie it in a knot and save an abortion. Now if one believe that life now begins at ejaculation, they will probably disagree with me.

2. Christy Goff profile image60

I want the government to decide when a man should get his nuts cut.  When the gov. has that right, then come after womens rights.

wont happen, it men doing the deciding. they feel they have the right to decide about their body and yours.

30. Mighty Mom profile image76

There is a frightening anti-sexuality slant to their rhetoric, isn't there? It goes beyond keeping condoms out of the hands (or I should say, off the genitals) of teenagers.
    I've read posts here that state that women should know when they engage in sex that pregnancy could occur. If they are unwillling to face the "consequences" they should "keep their legs closed."

I find that viewpoint rather sexist. How about we turn the tables and tell the MEN to keep it in their pants, instead?
    Ah, but men don't get pregnant, do they?

Walk a mile in my shoes before you condemn me. If you've never been in the position of facing an unintended pregnancy, you have absolutely NO RIGHT to JUDGE ME (or any other woman)!!

1. Jim Hunter profile image59
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"If you've never been in the position of facing an unintended pregnancy, you have absolutely NO RIGHT to JUDGE ME (or any other woman)!!"

Yes we do.

Based on what Jim? I certainly dont have the right to decide what any other human does with their body or what is done to their body.

I can damn sure judge her, you or anybody.

I don't have to justify it.

Without a justification, you have no standing, but are just blowing hot air. hmm

I am right because I say so, is how you think? Still having a problem figuring out why somone who is obviously intelligent chooses to ,and continues to, utter non-sense.

Its not about being right or wrong.

Its about me being able to judge whom I choose.

I didn't say she couldn't do what she wants to with her body.

But I can judge her character accordingly.

Please, let us know, what right you have over my body, you have never met me.  Please explain this to me, because I'm only an ignorant female.

I never claimed any right over your body.

I claim the right to judge you by your actions.

Any other questions?

31. Mighty Mom profile image76

Christy Goff -- I like your thinking!!

32. Mighty Mom profile image76

No Jim, you don't.
    But you do anyway.
    That's what you always do.
    Look down your holier than thou noses at anyone who disagrees with your hypocritical viewpoints.
    Remove all government restrictions/regulations on business.
    But regulate what a woman can do with her own body.
    Nope. No inconsistency there!

I didn't regulate what a woman could do with her body the Supreme Court did.

They did and they were wrong.

The federal government has no business deciding what each individual State should be deciding.

Abortion,marriage or medicinal marijuana falls to the several states to decide.

10th Amendment means something.

I was under the impression that no state could pass a law that infringed on the rights given to all citizens of this country.  Restricting abortion rights for all in one state would violate the rights of every person in that state, wouldn't it?

Actually, it would be discrimination. wink

2. Jim Hunter profile image59

The Supreme Court screwed that up.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Ever seen anything about abortion or marriage in the constitution?

I'm not sure but I don't believe abortion was a big issue when they wrote the constitution. It might have shown up in some of the documents that followed it. You could probably find it if you are interested when abortions entered the offical documents.

I'm not sure what the marriage reference has to do with abortion and will simply ignore it after I point this out to you.

Of course you would ignore it, it wouldn't suit your argument.

The constitution doesn't give you the right to have an abortion, it doesn't give you the right to marry either.

So it doesn't fall under the purview of the federal government to decide whether you can or can't do these things.

The tenth amendment clearly shows that it falls to the individual States to decide these matters.

We are guaranteed  the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, correct?. Does this mean the state has the right to decide what life is, who is entitled to liberty, and who is permitted the happiness of treating their fellow countrymen and women as second class citizens if they so decide?

The constitution is clear.

You should read it sometime.

I have but it's been awhile. you still didnt answer my question about the states having the right to change what rights we have. if the best you can do is go read the constituion you are wasting mine and a lot ofpeople time. Ka Peesh, lol

2. Jim Hunter profile image59

Its interesting that you used the line Life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

As you can see the Declaration of Independence tells you who gives you these rights.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

The federal government isn't where these rights derive from.

I will freely judge anyone who makes the choice to murder a defenseless child.

And it will not be a flattering one.....

Hell yeah, Mighty Mom,  I hear every one talk on all sorts of subjects, but no on seems to realize the women has to fight for the very air we breath, for some one to choose what I do with my body, let me choose what to do with yours.  The sad part about all of this is, I don't like abortion, I just want to have a choice. I have two amazing kids I would kill for, but I still believe, MY BODY, MY CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Stump Parrish profile image60

Jim, just out of curiosity does a homosexual having a sex change give up the right to decide what happens to his body once it becomes her body?

Damn Stump, I promised no marriage proposal, but I'm re-thinking the way I thought.  A man after my own heart, you actually think that a woman has rights and a brain.  What's next, we can think for ourselves??

All this compassion comes with a price Christy, I am butt ugly. I still have a couple of old masks my ex made me wear to bed that you might like. She claimed she was being adventurous but I I spend too much time in front of a mirror to buy it.

OMG, you crack me up, I have been watching big love, maybe I can have multiple husbands, what do you think??

whats big love, a movie? Have you seen it's complicated with Sreepe, Martin and Baldwin? laughed myself silly at them.

A new religion that allows women to marry multiple men would probably be referred to as S.D.L . Servicing Da Ladies, you know L.D.S. backwards. There I go again, my bad.

Your still making me LMAO. I figure, what is right for men is right for women.

No offense intended Christy, I have a bizzarre sense of humor and often practice improv comedy with some friends, Saying the first thing that pops into my head has gotten me into trouble more than once, lol.

You are absolutely safe with me, I've been married for almost 14 years, and he still tells me every day that I'm beautiful. Even when I'm in sweats. I have an off base sence of humor my self, sorry about that.

Cool I usually wait until I get to know someone before I turn myself loose on them, Peace and I am enjoying the banter.

You start out explaining that eventually you are going to piss me off, para-phrasing of coarse. You haven't yet, maybe you need to work harder. LOL

I really enjoy having my own disclaimer, lawyers recomended it in the off chance someone shots their computer. I cant be held liable.

Al right I need to venture over to your page and see who you are when at  home and comfortable.

Now I dont have a problem following instructions if there is something particular you enjoy and I dont pass judgement, hehehe.

33. profile image0
    SirDentposted 13 years ago

I knew I would get res;ponses like I did on my earlier question.  Let me rephrase it.

How many of you pro choicers would perform an abortion on a fetus of say 12 weeks?

Now I can add another question.

How can you be for something if you refuse to do it yourself?

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
      Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sir Dent, I like to eat steak but I personally don't want to slaughter a cow.  It's just more convenient buying it at the supermarket and I'm squeamish about carcasses.  But I like steak and am not going to stop eating it. smile

34. Mighty Mom profile image76

LaLo. You are the one who quoted the statistic that 40% of abortions are performed on black women, yet blacks are only 13% of the population.
    I apologize for jumping to a conclusion about what that means and injecting my own interpretation.
    What is your point about 40% of abortions performed on 13% of the population? I know you have one, I apparently guessed incorrectly. Thank you.

Liberals are all about balance and fairness right? Don't you think it's odd that the bulk of abortions are performed on black women? Do you see how this bolsters my original point that abortion is about controlling the population of "undesirables"?

35. Mighty Mom profile image76

It's reaffirming to hear those who sit in judgment admit they sit in judgment.
    Without knowing any facts or circumstances, they just sit there and judge.
    Interesting that both are males....

As to Jim Hunter's assertion that the Supreme Court was WRONG -- Jim, you might offer your services to Mrs. Palin and Ms. O'Donnell. They both need coaching on Supreme Court decisions they disagree with lol

"It's reaffirming to hear those who sit in judgment admit they sit in judgment.
      Without knowing any facts or circumstances, they just sit there and judge.
      Interesting that both are males...."

Its reaffirming that once again a liberal would like to even deprive me of my right to judge.

You are all so predictable, "you can't judge me!". Yeah I can and will.

36. Mighty Mom profile image76

You silly man.
    You don't even know what you are judging me for, do you?

Yes I do.

I judge you by your posts.

I judge you by your political stances.

It ain't brain surgery.

By the way, you judge me too, and its ok.

Oh how I wish men could get pregnant.  Bet everything I have that this would no longer be an issue.

Think that wish thru Christy, If men can get pregnant that would mean they would have to endure PMS on occasion. Dont you think this is more than the average man is capable of handling? Can you imagine how many countries would be blown up with the first cramp and hot flash?

37. Mighty Mom profile image76

Actually, Jim, I do not judge you.
    Your posts give absolutely nothing to judge you on.
    Well, let me amend that.
    You are one helluva fancy dancer!

1. William R. Wilson profile image59
      William R. Wilsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's possible that Jim is just nit picking with words here. Technically we are using the word judge incorrectly. We all have the right to judge people and do it every time we meet someone. We dont have the right to act on those judgements if it breaks a law.

If this is the case and it's what he is doing, I judge him to be a child.

It wouldn't be the first time. 

He gets joy from stirring people up.  Best to ignore him.

38. Mighty Mom profile image76

That's what I call calling a troll a troll lol

I get Williams point, but this is a real issue about real problems, I wonder William, if you was told what you can and can't do with your body, would it become an issue with you?

I believe that women have the right to do what they want with their body, no questions asked.  I believe that if men had to bear the responsibilities of child bearing and rearing there would be no abortion debate.

Thank you, I got your point, but sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe in.  It may not be right for some, I believe in life, but I also believe in the right to choose.  For my body, I choose to have 2 kids and quit.  I would hate to have someone tell me I didn't have the right to decide when to stop having children.  That goes back to the saying My body My choice.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)