Hearing God's voice

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (58 posts)
  1. wildbobo profile image59
    wildboboposted 13 years ago

Do you know you can hear God's voice. Share with us if you have such an experience. You are welcome to visit my post on Keys on how Christian can hear God's voice as well.

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Promised Messiah 1835-1908 did receive Word of Revelation in this era from the Creator-God.

He says:

I have come to establish the truth of Islam and to convince men of its beauty, and to lead them to the fountain of its teachings and to refresh their souls with its waters. I have brought no new law or command. The Holy Quran is the final code of Divine laws and Muhammad (on Whom be peace and blessings of God) is His last Law-bearing Prophet. I am His messenger but without a new law; and I am a Prophet but without a book; and the sole object of my advent is to serve Islam and to propagate it and to remove from its bright face the dust that has been settled there as the result of the stormy thoughts of man during the latter days.

The Promises Messiah 1835-1908 was just over 40 when his father died. Before his father's demise he was warned of the event through Divine revelation. His father's death was naturally painful for him and made him very sad. While thinking about his future, after his father's death a thought passed through his mind who would look after his needs. Thereupon he received another revelation.

"Is not Allah All-Sufficient for His servant?"

This brought him great comfort and he was reassured that Allah would not suffer him to perish.

http://www.alislam.org/books/my-relig/part4.html

2. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Everyone hears the foice of their God.

I hear the voice that I hear; which is the God that I serve.

A crack addict hears the voice of their next fix calling to them.   That is the voice of their God.

A sex addict hears the voice from their next encounter.
      That is the voice rom their God.

And some people hear the voice of Ice cream calling to them fom the freezer.

We all serve one god or another.  AND we hear its voice calling all of the time.

1. stclairjack profile image77
        stclairjackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i like this,... well said.

1. Jerami profile image59

Thanks ...  We all do it.  Some of us admitt it.

3. wildbobo profile image59
      wildboboposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, looks like so many people are responding to my post. Thank you very much for all the support and participation.I know that we all have different experiences to share and I would encourage everyone to express your opinion in here in a manner of respect and real communication  to each others, and also try not to hurt anyone's feeling even you may not agree with each other. Overall, it is platform of communication and lets do it in a peaceful way, so that we all can enjoy our chat within this topic.Well, I bless all the christians that you can hear God's voice each and everyday more and more in the days to come. And I also bless those who are not Christians yet  will hear God's voice in a dramtatic and miraclous way,so that you can understand the love of Jesus more.God bless you all and He loves you all and that's all I want to say for now.

4. MOEFLATS profile image67
      MOEFLATSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are two competing sound-frequencies being played at the same time.  One is fast (ee-ee-ee!) and can actually get ahold of a consciousness too absorbed in primitive brain functions.  You stretch out each high-pitched, electronic syllable (eeeeeeeee,eeeeeeeeee,eeeeeeee) until you hear what sounds like an operatic chorus.  This is the frequency of God.  It calms, enlightens, centers and it SAVES the soul from the other "Devil Frequency".

2. kess profile image60
    kessposted 13 years ago

God speaks Truth ...
    But Truth speaks against christianity..so you may not hear.

1. profile image0
      BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So did you hear his voice or not???

1. kess profile image60
        kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Truth is always there for any who desires to hear...

1. profile image0

Is that a Yes or No?

2. profile image0

LOL

"God speaks Truth ...
          But Truth speaks against christianity.."

Maybe this makes sense to some people but why can't you just answer a straightforward question with a straightforward answer?

I cannot understand why you babble around your answer.

1. kess profile image60

All who desires Truth will see a straight forward answer..
            Those who depart from it can only see babble

1. profile image0

Err.... okay.
              Truth is, you Babble.

1. kess profile image60

you took a little while to figure that one out...

....To you I will always be a babbler....

1. profile image0

The phrase " er... okay" is kind of saying "whatever, you blabber"

You are right though,  you always babble.
                  I usually scroll right passed your posts with an "OMG, its that dude again".
                  The one time I choose to acknowledge your existence, you blabbe that up too. Trust me, I won't make this mistake again.

2. profile image0
                Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. aka-dj profile image66
      aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just how, exactly, does truth speak against Christianity?

That's a new one to me. hmm

Unless the truth you are referring to is the Atheist version of truth.

1. kess profile image60

All of christianity eyes are blinded from Truth, simply because they already have their version of Truth which is merely an imitation of it thus it is still  a false.

For example if I ask you what is Truth,
        you would automatically point to something tangible....ain't it?

If not then what is Truth?

1. twobmad profile image60
          twobmadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Truth belongs to God the Almighty not to the religion.

3. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

I believe I've felt spirit, but a voice would probably make me very uncomfortable. I honestly don't think I would attribute that to any type of god. But, that's just me.

4. thirdmillenium profile image61
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

God does not speak to anyone. It is Satan masquerading as God.

1. kess profile image60

aint't it funny that
      ...Satan speaks while God don't....?

does That mean satan has one upon God...?

1. thirdmillenium profile image61
        thirdmilleniumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Satan sure is one up on God at present.

God clearly says that the master of this world as of now is Satan
        When Jesus takes over, satan will be destroyed
        Satan's word goes as of now

1. kess profile image60

You are saying that

.....God clearly says.....

...that satans voice is clearer....

hmmmm.... it hard to Throw out the old wine to make room for the new....but unless you do there can be no new wine....

Organized religions, especially the so-called Christianity, are  all wrong. They teach wrong doctrines and go against the teachings of Jesus.

Papal religion is the  mother and all other varieties of Christianity are  daughters; Bible calls them Babylon and its daughters.

The whole false doctrine called Christianity will be destroyed by Jesus (NOT the people who call themselves Christians) and the true religion that Jesus wanted people to follow  will be established.

Satan is the deity that dwells in the churches

1. kess profile image60

You are correct my friend with that... but...

What is consider as the voice of God within christianity is what makes them false....

And as Long as that voice remains they would not be able to hear the Truth.... which is the voice of God.

And also no man can say they know Jesus teaching if they have not heard the voice of God...

Truth has already spoken clearly.. but men has given God other voices thus their error.

thirdmillenium wrote ...
              Papal religion is the  mother and all other varieties of Christianity are  daughters; Bible calls them Babylon and its daughters.

If Papal religion is the whore of babylon  and all the branches represent her dauhters ?
              = = = - = - = - = -

me ..
                We must not forget about the second beast which has two horns which follows the beast with seven heads and ten crowns; which has been refered to as the false Prophet.

Who could that be ?

The ten crowns are the ten kingdoms that Rome had under its thumb in the days of yore:
                They are
                1.Britain

2. Austria

3. Germany

4. France

5. Belgium

6. Portugal

7. Italy

8. Poland

9.Hungary

10. Spain

These not as they are now, please remember.

Seven Heads are the kingdoms through the ages.

1. Imperial Rome
                2. Western Empire
                3. Heruli
                4. Astra-Gothiic
                5. Papal Rome
                6. French Dynasty
                7. Victor Immanuel's Kingdom

So it is not a person as such.

3. profile image51
              paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the Christians should reform; they should follow teachings and role mode of Jesus and Mary and they should  abondon following teachings of sinful Paul, sinful Church and the sinful scribes as mentioned in the Bible.

5. ChristineVianello profile image60
    ChristineVianelloposted 13 years ago

Never heard an actuaal voice, I have felt a his spirit.

I have heard A voice and even had conversations with it.

Received answers that I could never have thought of.
      Answers to questions that turns out to be absolutely correct.

And for that people can call me crazy cause we ALL are...

6. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

God's voice is sometimes heard through a person's conscience.
    And indeed also by both literal and Spiritual interpretation of the Bible, since it is the word of God in written form.  Many people can read the Bible, but only those whose ears are tuned to it will actually "hear" what it says.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image61
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.

7. Woman Of Courage profile image61
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

God's voice can be heard through the inspired word of God, which is the bible. God's voice is heard when one spend time in prayer and spending intimate quiet time with God. It's usually a small still voice.

8. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I would rather speak to my children verbaly than to write letters.

But, when there is a division between us I will resort to, and be temporarily satisfied to communicate via written words.   

Till the division has been re established.

I would think that God would be something like that as well ???

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Jerami, I realize that your attempt in trying to say something meaningful here with the above statement, but please try to think before you type. You're harming yourself. lol

"Till the division has been re-established"?

Please explain how to re-establish a division that already exists?

oh dont taunt them, they hear voices,... or they want to,.... some of us take meds to stop hearing them,... the question i ask myself every day,... should i listen to the low growly voice,... or that high pitched one that i cant stand, just to shut it up,... but then i hang up the phone, she can call back later.

how was that for babbel? ha!

lol lol lol lol lol lol

Thanks for your uplifting responce.

In order to answer your question I must first ask; Do you have children?
           I think you have established that you do not.

My children have found themselves where they have felt that I had let them down.
          And in retrospect I am sure that I have.

During some of these times there was an emotional separation between us that I could do nothing about.  Except to corrispond through the written words as to how I felt.

Eventually these situations pass ...   And we speak to each other verbaly. 

The division has been mended.

Something like that anyway.

I will always perfer verbal face to face communication with my children.

In a written letter to them,  they might interject the wrong tone of voice don't you see.

Your question on whether or not I have children is irrelevant to my question to you. roll

A division is a separation.

If there is already a separation, then how does one go about re-establishing a division?

You didn't need to explain everything else that was irrelevant to the question at hand, but simply shows you didn't obviously understand the words you used. That's it. Enjoy.

Somehow I knew that you could not understand.

There are many degrees of separation emotionaly and spiritually.

And some degree of separation ocurs at some time or another in every relationship.

That is something about relationships; they almost reach a level of completeness or fullness;  At least in this world.

It wasn't a matter of understanding what you said. It was a matter of you and your poor language skills. Enough said. I'm done. Enjoy.

You are making me cry  ...   hope yur are happy now.

2. stclairjack profile image77

i understand what your driving at, i think.

the voice of god (the original question) is said to exist in the biblical texts,... but,... written word can be interpreted in ways other than what the author might have intended,.. therefor,... the spoken word is prefereable.

did i get it?

by the way, if god would just dial us all up on satalite, then we could stop having the bible read to us by the self serving cherry pickers,.... but since he has stopped the booming voice in the wilderness thing,... i guess its gona have to remain with the interpretation of scriptures and being open to the holy spirit.

you need to understand that i dont say these things to degrade or offend, i'm a former baptist who now attends mass when i can,... i just like an intelctualy honest conversation on the subject when i can find it,.... and i dont find it often in uber christian circles, or the anti-theism gang.

Yes you got that right.

stclairjack wrote ..
              if god would just dial us all up on satalite, then we could stop having the bible read to us by the self serving cherry pickers,.... but since he has stopped the booming voice in the wilderness thing,... i guess its gona have to remain with the interpretation of scriptures and being open to the holy spirit

me ...

I don't think that he likes to talk to crowds;  and even if he did  ?  everyone would still hear something different but then they would be even more convinced that  "They"  were right.

its called "self fulfilling prophesy",... the act of always interpreting the data to suport your thoery, then ordering the world by your principals, therefor validating what you knew to be correct all along.

example;... its was said for years that the colored people as a whole were not worthy of the same education as whites because they cant learn like whites,.. therefor blacks were kept in seperate schools getting an education that "suited thier potential",... after years of this practice it was true that blacks in america were grossly under educated and terribly ill equiped,... and those who suported this saw that as justification..... when in truth,... well,... we all know the truth.

the problem is not that god doesnt like to speak to crowds, he does this often,..

deaf ears will hear none but trumpets,.... god wispers.

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly?

Yes, blacks in America were segragated I think for financial reasons.
                   It was never truly a racial thing.  It has always been a Haves against the have nots kind of thing.

BUT;  in order for the HAVEs to  continue to get away with it, they needed to create a division and strife

As long as the poor whites were at odds with the poor blacks, they were not paying as much attention to what the Haves were doing to keep it that way.

Just an opinion.   (that I'll take with me to the grave)

you have a very interesting and valid point!

i've never though of racism as a diversion, like the abortion arguement these days seems to be,.... but i can say this,... even if the upper echelon of the haves used/created racism to divert our att. away from the poverty,.... here on the poor folk level,.... it was truely racial,.... it may have been the preaching of a false god, but it was gobled up like the gospel.

you stated earlier in this string that we all worship one god or another,... the haves worhip of money/greed led to a perversion of the christianity that racists claimed and clung to like a shield..... to hide the bully mentality they had truely embraced.

Yes ...  that is A true statement.  Everyone sees the shadows in different perspectives.

And there are many shades that a bully stands under.

2. stclairjack profile image77

what thier god whispered in thier ear i have no way of knowing, but i can guess.

9. Jerami profile image59

That may be corect.

I have always thought of it a bit differently

When Constantine established the church...  The Roman was divided into seven districts and a Pope/bishop was apointed as religious leader of theit district. 
      Seven heads having seven crowns,  Then these seven districts were further divided into three regions. each being given an ultimate leader, Three more Popes.

Now we have seven districts (heads) and ten Popes (crowns).

In 356 one of these popes was deposed and sent into exile.  One of the heads receives a deadly wound. 

He (Liberious) was called back to Rome in 359 AD; thus recovering from his deadly wound.  At that time the people celebriated cause the Emperor was forced to relent.

At that time the "Beast" was given 42 months having power and he blasphemed the Lord.

That forty two months is soon to be over or what ever that means?

At least that is my take on it.

10. Jerami profile image59

I gotta go out for a while and fix something and try to make a days pay...   back in a while.

11. wildbobo profile image59
    wildboboposted 13 years ago

We are talking about Christianity in here and please keep this as the main point and don't post a link to attract others to your forum,I don't think it is appropiate in this forum topic .It is not a place to introduce your own religion to others,would you like anyone to do so in your religious forum.We are talking about hearing from the God of the bible, please keep this as a focus for your discussion. Thank you.

12. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hearing God's voice

One could hear the voice of the Creator-God Allah YHWH; all truthful Messengers Prophets like Krishna, Moses, Zoroaster, Jesus and Muhammad have witnessed to it.

Jesus was not god or son of god; so one cannot hear his voice now; he died a natural and peaceful death in India at the age of 120 years or so.

Those who die, one cannot hear their voice.

This is what I believe sincerely; others could believe differently out of their own free will but with rational and reasonable arguments, if any.

13. revmjm profile image88
    revmjmposted 13 years ago

As a Bible teacher, I have addressed that question many times. I recently wrote an article here on HubPages with tips on how to hear God's voice.

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Listen-and-Hear-From-God

14. profile image51

One could hear the voice of the Creator-God Allah YHWH; all truthful Messengers Prophets like Krishna, Moses, Zoroaster, Jesus and Muhammad have witnessed to it.

Jesus was not god or son of god; so one cannot hear his voice now; he died a natural and peaceful death in India at the age of 120 years or so.

Those who die, one cannot hear their voice.

15. profile image51

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)