Were the pyramids built by telekinesis?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (65 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Rafickposted 13 years ago

As an architect I have read about how the Ancient Egyptians built the pyramids using complex techniques. ow a friend of mine is telling me that the pyramids were built by Dravidians who used the power of telekinesis.

Do you believe him?

1. profile image49
      ShortStoryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did this friend share his pot with you or hog it all for himself?

1. profile image0
        Rafickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, I don't believe him. I have heard about telekinesis and don't exclude that it might be possible to move objects with it until I see it, but in the case of pyramids I don't accept his proposition.

2. CaravanHolidays profile image62
      CaravanHolidaysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Before answering the question, I have to ask if you believe this proposition?

1. profile image0

I don't. I posted my reply to you by mistake in the reply to the previous post.

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's pretty lame. It is almost as stupid as suggesting that some alien from outerspace visited and created it and then dropped it off.

4. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am with ryankett on this one.
      Although the precision of cuts, etc by they and the Mayans is astounding. Engineers have tried to recreate the tools Moses, et al used to make certain cuts, drills, but cannot get the precision. some angles were literally "perfect" without any evidence of modern or laser technology.

Most fascinating.

James.

1. Aficionada profile image79
        Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You should see the stonework of the Tarahumara (Raramuri) in northwest Mexico.  They are the longest-lived indigenous people in North America, the least touched by European and African cultures.

They cut stones so precisely, it looks like you can't get a sheet of paper between two of them.  I'm talking about people who are living and working today.

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Ramps have been found at the scene of pyramids, which explain the lower parts of the construction.

And no, I don't believe in that kind of stuff.

3. thirdmillenium profile image61
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

Not just pyramid, hundreds of strange monuments including pyramids, the statues at Easter Islands, the gigantic animal pictures in Columbia were all the handiwork of beings from an advanced civilizations from planets yonder

1. profile image49

They were? Funny we don't see any of those 'beings' hanging around but there are humans just all over the place!

And the "gigantic animal pictures" you are thinking of are in Peru.

1. thirdmillenium profile image61
        thirdmilleniumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please read Eric Von Daniken, if you can. They may be in Peru. If that is the case, i stand corrected.  And, like uninvited guests, they had all left long ago

1. profile image49

Please ground yourself in reality. It can be just as exciting as silly fantasy- really!

4. Alastar Packer profile image70
    Alastar Packerposted 13 years ago

If we are to believe humankind once possessed powers now lost or forgotten then this theory is as good as any. There have been quite a few put forward. My thoughts are the telekinesis is one of the more likely ones.

1. profile image49

That theory really isn't "as good as any."

5. recommend1 profile image59
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

All the shows I have seen about how all these ancient things were built use an architect for some reason, or engineers in some dissociated field.  If you ask people whose job it is to move big heavy awkward shaped things WE would explain just how easy it is to do it.  It is so easy in fact that I am even surprised that the question arises.

6. Lady Wordsmith profile image74
    Lady Wordsmithposted 13 years ago

This is a very silly question.  Archaeologists and historians know full well how the pyramids and other such mammoth structures were built, by engineering and logical planning, so I think you're just asking the question to be provocative.

Of course it wasn't telekinesis, don't be daft.

1. profile image0

Sorry, LadyWordsmith. If there are people who believe in it, it can't be a stupid question. As I've replied above, I don't believe my friend, but judging from a few posts in this question, my friend isn't alone.

1. profile image49
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is it a scientific reality or a religious reality in your opinion?

1. profile image0

Well, to tell you the truth, my friend is also an architect like me, but he is speaking from a spiritual point of view. Apparently his guru told him about telekinesis and the pyramids. The guru also an enormous asteroid will collide with earth between 2012 and 2016 and my friend believes him.

I don't.

So, to reply to your question, it isn't a scientific reality, but for the people who believe in it, that doesn't matter, I suppose. As long as we have people who believe in certain things which we find illogical, unreasonable and unscientific, we can't avoid discussing about those things on the ground that they are either silly or unscientific.

1. profile image0

Sorry, in the second sentence I wanted to write :The guru also says that an enormous asteroid...

1. profile image49

Must be a very poor architect indeed who can't understand the pyramids without believing in tele-freaking-kenesis.

2. Lady Wordsmith profile image74
        Lady Wordsmithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, sorry Rafick, but I didn't say it was stupid, I said it was silly.  I never use the word stupid, because it's rude.

1. profile image0

Sorry, LadyWordsmith. You are right, you didn't use that word.

1. Lady Wordsmith profile image74

big_smile

7. Alastar Packer profile image70
    Alastar Packerposted 13 years ago

O.K. ShortStory, if your aware of it 'explain' the Baalbek cut rock in Lebanon.

Lady Wordsmith, so its silly to wonder how neolithic man constructed something even today would extremely hard or near impossible?

1. simeonvisser profile image70
      simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Today it wouldn't be hard, it is just that we abolished slavery which is pretty much a requirement to build such structures.

1. Alastar Packer profile image70
        Alastar Packerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

simeonvisser,would you please explain in a little detail how it could be easily accomplished today; some of us might well learn something. Also sadly, slavery still occurs in Africa...just ck. out the Sudan.

2. Lady Wordsmith profile image74

Alastar, don't twist my words please.  I didn't say it was silly to wonder how things were constructed, I said it was a silly question, in view of the fact that the mystery has already been solved.

1. profile image0

Judging from the number of posts, it doesn't seem the question was silly after all. When a mystery is solved and people still believe in such things as "pyramids were built with the power of telekinesis" its good to discuss about it. That was my original intention by posting an apparently naive question.

1. Lady Wordsmith profile image74

Well, you might be right, although I'm not sure that the number of responses is really any proof of whether or not a question is silly.  There are plenty of silly discussions in the forums on HubPages! 

smile

2. Alastar Packer profile image70

LadyWordsmith, I certainly didn't mean to twist your words and since it was construed that way I apologize. I simply don't believe its been 'solved' yet and think we should keep an open mind about such matters.

8. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

They have theories on how the pyramids were build but not much proof! There has been many debates by many experts and nothing definates has come up. It could be other beings or it could of been anything really. What ever you believe we can all agree it took lots of planning and knowledge!!!

9. hanging out profile image61
    hanging outposted 13 years ago

im an atheist and i think the pyramids were formed from nothing and came into being by nothing except that the nothing all of a sudden manifested and produced pyramids, kinda like the way everything else came into being. lol

1. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

tsk tsk intelligent weak jesus believer

10. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

I am not, in any way, supporting the theory that the pyrmamids were built by telekinesis, but this link shows a structure that was built, within our time, that no one understands how the guy did it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Castle

1. spookyfox profile image60
      spookyfoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You beat me to it, I was going to mention Leedskalnin too, and post this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPtvSaad0vU

He claimed he discovered the way in which the Pyramids were made.

1. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If he did,  he's a schmuck for not sharing the secret.

11. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

The pyramids were built by Haliburton... funded by the Pharaohs after they received a 7 trillion dollar grant by the US government

12. Hugh Williamson profile image76
    Hugh Williamsonposted 13 years ago

We know it took many years to build a pyramid. If telekinesis were used, wouldn't it have gone a lot faster?

As others have posted, we know how they used ramps, pulleys, sleds, oil (to lube ahead of the sleds), and there is a picture in one pyramid showing workers moving a huge stone. They built clay troughs atop each pyramid level and filled it with water to keep things level and true.

Ancient people knew how to move heavy things with simple technology. They were hostages of primitive technology, but they were far from stupid.

13. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

New archeological evidence shows that the Pyramids were actually just large prototypes for a series of similar, chocolate-like structures developed centuries later in Switzerland.

http://www.chocablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/toblerone2.jpg

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey, Greek One, can you telekinetically send me one, I am dying for some good chocolate...

1. Alastar Packer profile image70

Greek One, your sense of humor is disarming, send me one too please.

2. profile image49
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry; he can't.

14. profile image0
    Rafickposted 13 years ago

Thank you all for participating.

15. Trail Otter profile image61
    Trail Otterposted 13 years ago

Philisophically speaking, anything is possible. However, it is probable that there may have been another human civilization involved in creating such structures. Regarding telekinesis, one would need at least five or more people working with one block to raise them with your mind. One person alone would collapse from the strain. Even then, the strain would be, I would think, unbearable to raise it to such heights as the pyramids are.

Another possibility is Atlantis. It may have been an advanced civilization that scattered across the globe when they destroyed themselves. Hence, to honor their forebears, they build pyramids - in Mexico, in Egypt, even the "mound builders of central United States - as they had on their island home. The technology iteslf was lost, but the memory of how things looked and a rudimentary understanding of how they were built survived.

Just a thought....

1. profile image49

"Philisophically speaking, anything is possible"

No it's not.

1. Trail Otter profile image61
        Trail Otterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy - Hamlet

1. profile image49

Yeeeeaaaah.......not really Billy

16. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

You mind is not material, you cannot possibly raise any material thing with it. To raise heavy stuff like stones you need a lever. System of levers and lots of cheap slaves can do the trick. You better ask how many of those poor slaves died in a process and how many years it took to build those damned piramids? People worked differently and they were not in a rush like nowadays. You simply cannot compare.

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that's not entirely true...

With some naughty thoughts, I can raise at least one thing that comes to mind smile

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, yes, I completely forgot about  that one! Sorry, my mistake.
        http://www.pic4ever.com/images/SEVeyesB08_th.gif

17. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

@rafick

Is it a scientific reality or a religious reality in your opinion?

1. profile image0

I replied to the same question you posted above, paarsurrey. (14 hours ago for me.)

18. Midnight Oil profile image82
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

And there was me thinking that Telekinesis was great Egyptian Pharaoh king... Well, that's what my mummy told me wink

19. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 13 years ago

Threads like this are great barometers.

They tell you a lot about the craziness we are all surrounded by.

They tell you a lot about the ennui of writers stuck in a room with nothing but a computer for company.

AHhhhHHh!!!

Okay, I was crazy enough and bored enough to comment. Now it's time for the medication.

1. profile image0

You're right. It most probably applies to you. I have no ennui, and I'm under the sun.. My activity on Squidoo and Hubpages demonstrates it.

20. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

It was God's Lego game when He was a kid!
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4748872_f248.jpg

21. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

Ridiculous claim...

22. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Aw! There was so much potential to this one! Why did it have to end this way?! sad

23. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

There are also theories of Geomancy and such affects on telekinesis.

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've been working for years on trying to make the remote control come to me while I'm sitting comfortably on the couch. It's just not possible. Believe me.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Use the force, ClaraLuke." smile

24. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

"make the remote control". What's that?

25. Gyldenboy profile image65
    Gyldenboyposted 13 years ago

In my best Vincent Price sounding voice: "Do not underestimate the power of the mind friends! It's clear, the Dravidians are masters in the use of psychokinetic power! They understood early on gravity was a push, and could manipulate the mass around objects effectively creating anti-gravity! But we know it as telekinesis or psychokinesis! I can only surmise, they learned it from a certain species of Dinosaurs that evolved and grew more advanced then us. Our mistake, was to believe they all went extinct! When in fact, they took to the stars to create new colonies and equally bad reality TV shows!"

But in reality, I trust historians and scientists in their explanations on how this was possible. I just wanted an excuse to write an explanation to a silly claim.tongue

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)