Democrat Party putting all its eggs in Obama's basket?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (29 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

Are they still so enamored of Obama that he's the only candidate they'll consider?
    Is there no other Democrat who wants to run for President, and if so, why do you think that is?

1. DannyMaio profile image59
      DannyMaioposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They will use him only! Do you not see what the media started already? Anytime you go against him it is racism! They can not do this with Hilary or someone else. The will go all in on this no clue president.

1. profile image0
        Texasbetaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This thread is moronic! His ratings are quite high, every Republican candidate is either backing out or stepping all over themselves in interviews...how ridiculous! When did the incumbent party not run the incumbent in a Presidential election? Do you people really not understand the elemental basics? I mean, a 7 year old knows this stuff. What gives?

1. iQwest profile image48
          iQwestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well said, Texasbeta!

It's impossible to have a conversation in this country regarding anything of substance when people can't string together such simple concepts and continue to spend many sleepless nights trying to figure out what country our president was born in.

Pretty sad ...

2. Mister Veritis profile image59
          Mister Veritisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, no. People, in general, are glad he found a brief moment to do a single right thing. But he still sucks. It is the economy, stupid.

There is the left wing of the left wing to consider. President Obama is dangerous to our liberties but not dangerous enough according to the left wing of the left wing.
          And Republicans will come around. I believe anyone can beat Obama. The question to ask, is will any do so?

1. profile image0

Alright...regarding the economy, within 8 months of taking office at a time when we were losing 700,000 jobs per month, the market was stable and at the same point it was since before the recession. Since then, we have had 9 consecutive quarters of record corporate aggregate growth. These are facts and easily looked up. We are growing at a rate of 2.4%, when we normally have grown at 2.1-2.2%. The single market indicator that is negative? Jobs. Now, every single economics textbook from 9th grade to post graduate explains that consumer demand creates jobs, not government or Presidential policy.
            So, you statement about the economy leads one to laugh at the hypocrisy of your accusation of ignorance.
            Regarding your liberties...what is Obama dangerous to? Give me one. Tell me one thing that you are in danger of losing that you currently have. Just one.

1. Quilligrapher profile image73
              Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WASHINGTON, May 10, 2011 (Reuters) – “Data published [by the Federal Reserve] since its last meeting showed U.S. companies created jobs at the fastest pace in five years in April, pointing to underlying strength in the economy.”
              There are signs that the job market is making headway too.  After NAFTA, we’re lucky to have any jobs left for Americans. Corporations have been displaying more and more disdain for their employees in the last 40-50 years. The glut of low paying part-time jobs with no future and no benefits is here to stay. In an age where technology is advancing geometrically, people accustom to owing the latest gadgetry are going to have to work two or three jobs to buy them.

1. profile image0

Great stuff. Do you notice that every time a bs right wing point is diffused, they vanish? When I am defeated or wrong, I step up. I would think you probably do too. What gives with the conservatives?
                Hey Veritas...any thoughts?
                (crickets)

2. profile image56
      C.J. Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's not all that unthinkable. The party has their guy in already. Why look elsewhere? Besides with the current field of candidates he looks unbeatable. The country seems content on following where ever the media leads them. We are drowning in a sea of debt while the media describes the water and ponders if this is all related to climate change.....

3. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Danny be carefull here.
      The more that type of slant in any statements show up in the News, the more popular he becomes. People are smart enough to see through the scare campagins.

You really need to use real examples and facts to counter his actions. Facts, not inuendos about race card playing etc. .  With stuff like this floating about,  the G.O.P. is becoming less affective by the day.

As for running again, all seated first term Presidents are nominated by their Party to run. I think the Question should be who in the Republican Party can present a serious and viable alternative plan and conduct a great debate, to run strong against Him.  So far the G.O.P. is a no show in strength and argument.

The almost un-believable thing is the Bad ideas and stupid Foregin Polocy actions and in-effective management goes on despite folks loosing out all over the country.

He  does not choose to see that truth, and we are not recovering, and it is getting worse, not better. But yet, no G.O.P. Candidate attacks with facts?    Amazing!  Its like Liberals in Both Parties are stacking the deck to Gaurantee Obama the win. While he sanctions the brainwashing of Kids, and disrupts the Business flow and stifels all growth, by choaking it with Over-Goverment Legislation, and our "For Sale"  Congress and Senate argue on endless over who is not playing nice with others! 

Everyone, both Parties, are loosing out here, all of us.

4. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What is obvious is that Obama is educated, articulate, intelligent, and has to cope with the same disgusting system that allows congressmen to be full time crooks.

He inherited an economy that was on it's knees. and if America survives it will be because of him.

What is also as plain as the nose on your face is that every lying fool is falling over themselves to kill the country to prove him wrong.

Personally I think America has been destroyed by the lunatics of war such as Bush and co and will be a 3rd world country within a couple of years.

Then you can all sit around in the mess YOU made and blame Obama or whoever you like, it won't make a bit of difference.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60

I have to agree Earnest, I really do. It's not the Executive Office, the prople's power is in the Legislative Branch and we are allowing this to happen to us. While we split along Party lines and not pay attention to whats really being done. We are asking for all of this.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

trying to maximize the number of terms that person occupying the presidential position can continue to govern. The incumbent is logically the one who will run again for continuity purposes.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60

try to limit the terms of Congress and Senate would be more benificial for folks. That way you can get the Garbage out of office quicker.

1. earnestshub profile image80

Good idea!

I think the main problem is the system itself.

I can't help but see the contrast with other developed countries.

Many do not worship those with money to the same degree as Americans, nor reward celebrities with megamillions.

Once a congressman is rich, he is respected for that alone.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
          Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And when they leave office ,they continue to receive a similar wage -
          All the wealth stays at the top,and not very much trickles down.

Oh well I s'pose there's still food stamps roll

1. Mister Veritis profile image59

If you are on food stamps please thank the Food Stamp President. You know the one I speak of? The One-Term-President Obama?

No,Im not and I didnt win the lottery either.

1. Mister Veritis profile image59

I will rejoice with you on the first. And commiserate with you on the second.  :-)

3. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Rethugs have their eggs in the chicken-hawk basket smile

4. DannyMaio profile image59
    DannyMaioposted 12 years ago

can you read? I said the will be all in with him, I said no other democratic candidate will get the media behind them like Obama. I said every time someone goes after him they just cry racism. Where did you get I said he would not run? And he will lose! you people said the same thing in November and got an a$$ whipping. The Economy sucks, the stimulus did not work, Jobs aren't good Gas is way too high and people actually know what he is about now! Even a 7 year old knows he has to run on a record his second term and the economy plays a big part in all elections. Also all the waivers from Pelosi and Reid's counties for that great Obama care BS, Their own constituents do not even want this garbage! That should tell you something! Keep dreaming

5. lovemychris profile image76

Your opinions only. Luckily people don't all share it, and are really sick to death of the meanness and small-minded rhetoric coming from the Rabid's.

Gingrich plan? Degrade Obama.

Bachmann plan? Hate Obama

Daniels?.....ok, but he has some stuff he needs answering....

in fact, they all do. Like, where were they when they voted for all the big gvt programs under their party?

Why do they always side with big corporations over the common man?

Why is it welfare for seniors, but needed for big oil?

Why do the Ultra rich need yet another tax break?

And why don't the tax breaks EVER create jobs?

stuff like that, JUST to begin.

6. I am DB Cooper profile image63
    I am DB Cooperposted 12 years ago

Of course they are only considering Obama. That tends to be the case with just about any president seeking a second term. A party that puts up strong opposition to the top office-holder among that party is probably a party in turmoil. As it currently stands, the Democrats are not feeling threatened by any of the possible GOP presidential candidates, and they're hoping more fringe candidates (like Donald Trump) emerge just to undermine the GOP issues and frighten the moderates.

The match-ups right now heavily favor Obama. Think about this:

Obama vs. Romney: Obama's healthcare platform that was defeated by Republicans is basically the healthcare platform that Romney has implemented in Massachusetts. What's Romney going to say, "I support Obamacare, but my party won't allow it"?

Obama vs. Gingrich: Remember that whole family values platform that the GOP exploited in the 1990's? How is that going to work with Gingrich? He cheated on his first two wives, including leaving one while she was sick with cancer. Let's see if he can travel the campaign trail without cheating on wife #3. Also, he attacked the Ryan budget plan, which doesn't sit well with Republicans.

Obama vs. Random GOP politician 90% of Americans have never heard of: Name recognition is important, so these people better think about coming out of the woodwork soon if they want to capture the attention of the GOP base.

7. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Nice accurate post DB! smile

8. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

And another thing.
    With America's reputation for being litigious, I would have thought that the deliberate lies told by the TV and radio shock jocks should have been addressed and the perps sued.
    Freedom of speech is fine, so is challenging deliberate lies.

Seems like its only free-if the majority (the right one) lol agree with it wink

1. earnestshub profile image80

That sounds about right. smile

9. lovemychris profile image76

These rightwing jocks have all the freedom of speech, while others like Stern get fined out of radio.
    They cry boohoo, but they are the ones destroying speech.

The difference is, the Obama FCC is not using it's office to target individuals they don't like, like the Bush FCC did.

Of course, when Michael Powell was catering to the Religious Right...these same people never said a word.
    When the unpatriot act went down...they were all for it.
    The "war"s, the gvt power, the disgusting K street antics.....all ignored and the smear of unpatriotic, or traitor thrown at those who saw otherwise.

These people have 0 credibiity in my eyes, and I'm sick of them acting like they all of a sudden discovered the "evils of gvt"...we lived through the worst evil ever, and they were its greatest cheerleaders!!

10. Paul Wingert profile image60
    Paul Wingertposted 12 years ago

The Republicans have been whining over Obama’s policies and handling of the mess he inherited from the previous administration since Obama took office. They threaten to repeal this and that and the moaning goes on and on. Now election time is coming up and the Republicans haven’t produced a candidate with a shred of credibility to run against him to carry out their mission. Having Palin, or any of these other clowns, as their voice is nothing to brag about. Like my uncle used to say, “If you’re not going to s**t, then get off the pot!”

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)