probably a stupid question

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (23 posts)
  1. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 12 years ago

So I just discovered I am a level III commentor. lol  Is that good, like, am I working my way up to be a black belt commentor? When did commenting start getting graded?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol 

Oh Oh -did ya get a snickers bar too ?

Oh I gotta check mine now too,its like getting a star at school ,cept we never learned ,they always wanted us back the next day too lol

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Hey Justine,

It was a recent addition to the accolades. The highest you can get is level 8(VIII).

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/accolades

1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 12 years agoin reply to this

woah, level eight?1 Wow. I could only dream of being so good at commenting.

Is it just me being in a wierd mood, or does that seem like a pointless (but kind of funny) accolade?

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To me, it doesn't really matter. But, I guess it depends on how you want to look at it. wink

2. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

gee, I hope its not content based - or I'll never get to level 1!  because I post things like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwz0CzEX … re=related

should have warned you this is scatalogical and adult language!!

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Mega,

You're a level IV commenter. wink

I guess you made past level I. lol

2. profile image0

haaaaaaaaa what I saw was funny but had to shut it off as kids is sittign right next to me...

1. mega1 profile image80
            mega1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

so so sorry I didn't label it - I went back and edited to label it scatalogical and adult language so no one else will make that mistake!  really sorry

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Scores and accolades are all about encouraging Hubber interaction.  Comments keep Hubs "fresh" so HP wants to encourage them.  Personally, I have mine switched off, they're just a distraction.

3. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 12 years ago

Oh yeah - !  - I seldom look at my accolades anymore.  I'm too busy searching for funny videos and songs.

1. profile image0

funny videos are way more important!!! I never look at the stuff normally, but I just happened to notice I still have one that says I have over ten hubs, and I  was thinking that was kind of funny, then I felt bad and thought I should probably write more hubs, (I dont want to have lying accolades)and I happened to bump into the comment one and for some reason it struck me as odd. like, who decides that your comments are of value? and if someone is writing comments to get the accolade doesnt that seem kind of self defeating or something?

Ill be back, my middle daughter is sick and its time to make her lunch so she can take her antibiotics.....

4. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

That's not fair, I'm jealous.  As I spend hours on here, commenting on every subject possible, yet I have only reached level 1.  I think I may go into a corner and sulk now.

1. profile image0

oh, don't sulk...   I am guessing they are only concerned with comments on hubs. I bet you haev a forum accolade on the way!!

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Aww dont sulk..(think its cuz yer new(ish)

Can trade mine if ya want lol

I think you make well thought out comments ,dont always agree ,but I do respect your courteous mannerisms.

Some older one here could take a leaf out of your book.

5. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

@Door, keep commenting but make sure your comments are related to the content ad are useful.

6. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

It's just a formula that's all.

Great hub = 1
    Really great hub = 2
    What a great hub mate = 3
    Mate, I can't tell you how great a hub that was = 4
    Hi there. We haven't met but just wanted to say what a great hub = 5
    Hallooo! What a great hub.  You done good.  Thanks a bunch man = 6
    Wtf! Far f--king out. That hub was so great it was like weird man. I could feel my ears imploding = 7.

I haven't made 8 yet so I can't help you with that.

7. ThoughtSandwiches profile image75
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 12 years ago

I generally like to allow myself two stupid questions in ANY 24-hour period.  As such, I would like to use one of them here: To whit:  Where does one find said ranking?

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

On your profile page.  There is an accolade indicating the level you are currently given for commenting.  smile

8. ThoughtSandwiches profile image75
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 12 years ago

Thanks Randy!  Sadly, as it turns out, I was forced to reference another's profile for accolade placement.  A quick jump back to my own profile resulted in a big blank white spot and disappointment.  No...it's o.k...I will continue to monitor!

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You've not been here long enough to garner accolades yet, TS.  But give it time and you will eventually have them to peruse and wonder over.  smile

9. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

Hmm, guess Ill have to go look and see what I am....

1. kmackey32 profile image64
      kmackey32posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I guess I dont see any level... Cags where are you? smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)