Maxine Waters........Hot Topic.... What do you think?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (32 posts)
  1. lovelypaper profile image58
    lovelypaperposted 12 years ago

Maxine Water (D) Congresswoman out of California. She's definately opinionated. I guess her mamma loved her. What do you have to say about her?

1. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 12 years agoin reply to this

She's a loud mouth hater and a corrupt congresswoman that should be in jail!

2. profile image0
      Nick Lucasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

She is a disgrace and should not be allowed in congress…..she simply spreads hate but then again I guess she fits in with WH group……

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

For the love of hate.

3. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

I agree with lady_love;
      Maxine Waters is a hater.

I remember a time when it was NOT okay for elected and appointed Officials to publicly insult average American citizens.  Wow that seems so long ago.  Yet...it's only been a couple years....

4. knolyourself profile image61

So what - only people on hub pages get to hate?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

5. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Please post some links to examples of Maxine Waters' hateful opinions and corruption.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This isn't a partisan group, and in fact, they're described as "left leaning." Even so, Maxine made thier list of the "Most Corrupt." They have more Rs listed for corruption than they do Ds:

http://www.crewsmostcorrupt.org/node/2055

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-most … rs-d-ca-14

As for Waters' hate speech, I don't think calling senators she opposes "Neanderthals" and telling elected representatives to "Go to hell" aren't exactly nice.

2. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/07/31/su … er-course/

The fact that you hadn't heard of it is testimony to the effectivness of the main stream media to protect liberal lawmakers from bad press. Just look what Rangle got away with, and Frank!

6. bonnebartron profile image68
    bonnebartronposted 12 years ago

Don't really know what she said, but I will tell ya, most Americans are WEAK. We sit around and talk about what's wrong, how our liberties are being stripped from us, but we DO NOTHING!  We are great at talking, hell we have been raised to blah blah blah, highschools are full of Blah Blah Blah. But we are supposed to go from BLAH to RAH and stand the hell up. Again, no idea what Maxine has said, but if you all hate her, chances are she's doing something right! I'd prefer to be hated and stick to my beliefs than be loved for following the herd. Just saying... (Okay, commence hatred directed at me! wink

7. mikelong profile image61
    mikelongposted 12 years ago

Her constituents are suffering...  African American unemployment is almost 20%... Hispanic unemployment is also far higher than Whites...

There is a lot to be upset about...

She voted against the Iraq invasion....and I support her views regarding American policy/intervention towards Haiti...

While she has been criticized by some for corruption...our political system is based on it... Dick Cheney made millions off the Iraq War...

1. bonnebartron profile image68
      bonnebartronposted 12 years agoin reply to this

While she has been criticized by some for corruption...our political system is based on it... Dick Cheney made millions off the Iraq War...

Is currently making BILLIONS!!!

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
        Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, well you can't take it with you.
        Besides, he won't need it where he's going!!

http://www.tubafrenzy.org/weblog/archives/hell_logo_white-thumb.jpg

2. Mighty Mom profile image77
      Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Can Ms. Waters help the fact that her district happens to be in CALIFORNIA???
      Yes, unemployment is unconscionably high.
      Yes, it's higher among African Americans and Hispanics.

Unemployment is also ridiculously high here in Sacramento, but I don't blame Congresswoman Doris Matsui for that fact!!

Perhaps some of the surrounding Republican-represente districts like Orange County could provide some ideas on how to put people to/back to work in South LA. Notice I didn't suggest they could provide actual JOBS or FUNDING FOR JOBS because that would be ... never mind.

Totally agree with you MikeLong on corruption. And Cheney makes no apologies for himself, either.

8. knolyourself profile image61

"North Dakota has had the nation's lowest unemployment ever since the economy tanked. What's its secret?" "If its secret isn’t oil, what is so unique about the state? North Dakota has one thing that no other state has: its own state-owned bank."
    http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/09/01

9. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

Waters is the Michelle Bachmann of the Democratic party.  I hear they buy their foil hats from the same store.

1. habee profile image92

Lol, Ron. I don't doubt that at all. I don't like Bachmann, either!

2. habee profile image92

"From the SANE store"??? Don't you mean "insane store"?? lololol

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Shoulda' been same.  Too much meth for breakfast...

10. Neil Sperling profile image59
    Neil Sperlingposted 12 years ago

"In the very end, civilizations perish because they listen to their politicians and not to their poets."

We do not need more puppets on the strings of a few wealthy people... we need more people with depth and character.

As I said in my Hub Middle Class To Zero - We need to stop making such a huge deal about manufacturing "things" and we have to start making a big deal about building character.

"Build a new man from the inside out. No longer running from who we are inside."

11. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

That's rich, coming from people who disrespect the president on a daily basis.

Who say other Americans hate their country.
    Who say their president hates his country.

I say the same as Maxine: Anyone who spouts this slander CAN go to hell!

1. profile image0

well I hate the President and actually dont even consider him a president more like a piece of you know what.....

1. lovemychris profile image77
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And "Go to Hell" is worse, how?

1. profile image0

because of the office they or she holds.....I am nothing she is a congresswoman

Ohhhhh, so she's BETTER than you?
            Why I do declare......

Now that's interesting.
            YOU get to say what you want, because you are a mere plebe.
            But SHE is cuffed, because of the position she holds?

Doesn't sound very American to me.

1. profile image0

its the way it is.......any and every job I ever had in my life required me to act a certain way or I would be fired...what I did or said on my personal time was mt business.....she is on the job and we are paying her...the people she is telling to go to hell are paying her....what if an employee told their boss to go to hell....they would be fired as she should.

I doubt she gets any votes or support from Tea-Partiers. In fact, I'll bet they have a few choice words for her.
                She is directing her words to that specific group....just like your Palins and Bachmanns say that our president wants to destroy America and pals around with terrorists....you take them to task? Where is their responsability?

For that matter, where is Russsshhhhhh and Glenny-Boys responsability? They use PUBLIC airwaves to spout one-sided hate.

And it's also a cop-out.
                Everyone is held to account for their words, not just leaders!

1. profile image0

she is paid by all taxpayers not just those who vote for her.......

As is Bachmann and Boehner and the rest of them.

When that creep called Obama a Liar, he was speaking for all of us? He wasn't speaking for me!

None of the Tea Partyers or Republicans speak for me....why should Waters have to speak for the Tea Party?

12. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Marco Rubio:
    Insinuating that Liberals don't care about their parents.

Will you write him to complain, or shall I?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)