God -- Is He Real?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (43 posts)
  1. sarasotadui profile image60
    sarasotaduiposted 12 years ago

There are lots of questions arising questioning the truth about God, the facts of God's Kingdom, the Bible, etc...If I must ask, do you believe in God? If not, why you don't believe Him?

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
      Woman Of Courageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God is real in my life. He reveals himself to those who humbly seek him.

1. Evolution Guy profile image59
        Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Humble? LOLOLOLOL

1. Quilligrapher profile image74
          Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Constructive? LOLOLOLOL

1. Evolution Guy profile image59
            Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ya think u can b constructive here?

LOLOLOLOL

Wot u dun?

2. OutWest profile image57
        OutWestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Woman of Courage...Many people agree with you, including me.  I think this phrase states it pretty clear.  A lot people are just looking for an easy answer.  But the truth is you have to be willing to look for Him and then He will reveal Himself.  People often have the notion that He should just come to them, but it's not like that and never has been.
        Hebrews 11:6
        And without faith it is not possible to be well-pleasing to Him, for it is necessary for anyone who comes to God to have the belief that God is, and that he is a rewarder of all those who make a serious search for him.

3. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Imagine that...a REAL God, who shows no evidence of existence, and has never done anything that has been claimed.
        I fail to understand why I should seek the equivalent of NOTHING.

1. OutWest profile image57

If you did, you would know.

1. getitrite profile image71

A TRULY DELUSIONAL, IGNORANT, CLOSED-MINDED STATEMENT...requiring nothing but a sheep's mentality!

But no hostility. lol

4. sushantkshr profile image64
        sushantkshrposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He reveals himself to those who are misguided by the politics of religion.....

But look how successful some of those people are.  From the biggest stars to the most humble men.  The difference is astounding and real for those people.  Misguided?  I doubt that.  Their success and other's speak for itself.

1. sushantkshr profile image64
            sushantkshrposted 12 years agoin reply to this

there success has got nothing to do with God or any super power.....You cant neglect a person's hardwork and merit and give all the credit to god......
            now you might say there are many people who work hard but not all of them are successful.....well there is something called probability, and with such huge population...there are bound to be some people who are more successful than the others.....

There is more to a person's success than just their own doing.  There are many factors beyond our control.  Even our health for instance. Being grateful and not taking life for granted is always a good thing.  Alot of us happen to believe that God is at work behind these things.

2. pedrog profile image60
      pedrogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How can i put this, if one person has an imaginary friend he is crazy, if many people have an imaginary friend it is called a religion.

There are to many gods to choose from, when there are many answers to the same question the chance to be wrong is great, i take my chances in there are no gods, at least the ones i find described in religions.

3. Quilligrapher profile image74

How are you today, sarasotaDUI? I hope you are DUING well.
      I believe IN God without having to believe there IS a God.  I can understand God as a symbol, a figure of speech, a metaphor for all of the noble, caring, nurturing aspects of our humanity that science and our intellect has not YET been able to explain.  As such, it matters not if I can prove God does or does not exist because I can clearly see what God represents.
      If the metaphors used by some religions are of value in my search for the truth, then I believe in the metaphors and don’t insist that they be proven facts.  There is much to be learned about living from the Koran, and the Bible, and a Good Housekeeping magazine.  When I find it, I use it.

Keep the faith and always follow your bliss.

sarasotaduiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello Quilligrapher, I always appreciate your thoughts and of your untiring effort to share some inspirational words. Thank you!

By the way, I am always good. In case you were asking about my health, I am not that stable enough. I recently just recovered from fever and severe cough. But anyway I am fine now.

FAITH is the "substance of the things we hope for and the evidence of the things we do not see."
        Romans 8:24 -- For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?
        2 Corinthians 4:18 -- So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

smile

4. TJenkins602 profile image60
      TJenkins602posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Whether God is real or not depends on how you define God.

Btw Quilligrapher, I like what you have to say. I pretty much agree with that.

2. sarasotadui profile image60
    sarasotaduiposted 12 years ago

Same here friend . . .  I do experience the true essence of being a Christian. God is so great!

Praise God! smile

2. getitrite profile image71

What you are experiencing is delusion, because your psychotic God is a myth...and I am willing to bet everything on it!

roll

2. TJenkins602 profile image60
        TJenkins602posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Give it all to me tongue

3. OutWest profile image57

And how can you be so sure?

And how can you be so sure about Allah or Ra?  Christians believe that these Gods are false, and have staked everything on that premise.

You stated you would be willing to bet everything on it.  How can you be so sure?  Don't avoid the question.

Sorry, but your level of understanding is truly stupefying!

By being a non-believer, I have staked everything on the fact that your FOOLISH and childish beliefs are NOT true...just like you have done with these other gods. 

Don't try to invoke logic in pursuit of your ridiculous claims.  You insult your own intellect.

3. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 12 years ago

If he is real to you then he is real.

That is not true.  Just because a person believes that there is a Creator doesn't mean He exists.  Just like if a person doesn't believe.

1. lone77star profile image73
        lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Excellent point, OutWest. Belief does not constitute reality or truth.

There are many religious ("fundamentalist" Christians, for instance) who disrespect science because it disagrees with their interpretation of scripture. But science is batting close to a thousand when it comes to the study of reality. To ignore science (reality) is to court delusion.

And "belief" is not "faith" in the biblical (miracle) sense. Some accuse the religious of "blind faith," but such a phrase is an oxymoron (self-contradictory). Faith can never be blind; belief can be.

2. Quilligrapher profile image74

“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”--Albert Einstein
        “Everything you see or hear or experience in any way at all is specific to you. You create a universe by perceiving it, so everything in the universe you perceive is specific to you.” --Douglas Adams

3. A Troubled Man profile image59
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're being far too logical. smile

4. Rastamermaid profile image65
    Rastamermaidposted 12 years ago

I am only going to state the obvious,none of us created ourselves.
    If we did,I'm sure some of us would change and tweek afew things.
    I don't really care what you call it,but I know that there is a power greater than me that put me here. And I was put here for a reason.

How can you walk a natural beach and not be at awe,you didn't make it,it's not man-made.
    How can you witness a beautiful sunset and not be grateful for the simple things that have been placed before you to enjoy?

How can you look at a healthy newborn and not wonder why some newborns don't make it or some women can't conceive?

There is a reason for everything,and I know it's not me,it's something much greater!

OK, so show us your God that you speak of...not these natural occurrances, but your God.  I'll be waiting.

5. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

Yes, God is real.

Rene Descartes once said, "I think, therefore I am." He also talked about "dieu en moi" (God in me).

A quick look around the room, the city or the universe and it is obvious: it exists. For every effect, there is a cause. The universe exists (is the supreme effect); therefore God (the supreme cause) exists.

Simple! I like it.

Nice one lonestar...  I like your idea about God being real. you connected philosophy with Christianity which is actually very rational. . .

6. profile image0
    Infinite712posted 12 years ago

No, gods are mythical creatures. They do not have objective presence.

7. prasetio30 profile image69
    prasetio30posted 12 years ago

I believe that God is real.

8. Mandeep Randhawa profile image60
    Mandeep Randhawaposted 12 years ago

Of course God is real....I believe in God.......He is great ..He has supreme power....

Thanks Mandeep!

:-)

9. hschica profile image61
    hschicaposted 12 years ago

I do not believe in God. In my opinion, there is far more "evidence" that God does not exist than to prove the contrary. This is not to say that I am not in awe of the world or the universe. I am in awe of every bit of it. The fact that we exist is a wondrous thing. However, I believe that the energy each and every one of us possesses is enough to do amazing things, like shape our own lives and futures.

As for WHY I don't believe in God, I do not see how a God that claims to love people and his creation so much can be so selfish. I also do not see why he cannot just show himself instead of basing "salvation" off of pure belief in his existence.

That is a "biblical" or purely religious idea of salvation.  We can believe what makes sense to us or what we feel is right.  If anything.  I find a lot of people are locked in to the religious ideology for good or bad.

10. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I believe God is possible. I think some spiritual force is probable. I think Christianity does a bang up job of disproving a  Divine authorship to the Bible, so Christianity itself easily disproves their concept of God.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)