How many comments have you made? Like ever.

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (46 posts)
  1. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 12 years ago

Check here: http://hubpages.com/my/activity/commented-on

I'll start.

9543 and this makes me Level 3. cool

EDIT: As rebekahELLE pointed out, I made a mistake. That's not what the number stands for.

Instead, let's now post how many hubs we commented on.

441 for me.

1. Cogerson profile image79
      Cogersonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have posted a comment on 2153 hubs....which 95 of were my hubs.

2. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is a pretty vague question. Comments to whom? About what? I guess throughout my life to as many people as I know possibly 5 million on many different topics of discussion as there are grains of sand on earth.

2. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 12 years ago

5,314. for this profile. I cant imagine how many it would be if I could add up my previous lives comments.

Hauntyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow! That would be like 20,000 or more I guess. smile

1. profile image0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I could probably look around and get an idea, if people didn't delete my comments after I dissapeared. But then, quite alot of the comments I made were on hubs of no longer existing hubbers. (Also I feel funny about the whole subdomain thing. I know that if I look at anyones hub, they will know it was me.) I bet I could have been a level 3 commentor, back in the day.

Hi haunty.  wink

Hi DM smile

I bet you could. Anyway, it's not really about levels, I was just asking for some fun. Apparently, when there aren't any fun people around. Except for you, of course.

The subdomains don't bother me that much. Who cares if they know or not? I don't spy, I don't know who views my hubs. wink

1. profile image0

well, I dont spy either. I just feel "watched" kind of. I will get over it. And I know, I think the levels are kind of funny. (no offense intended to the inventors  of accolades and the people who love to get them.)

I agree. It's totally great if the accolades inspire people to participate. The more there is of US, the more exciting and lively the site. smile I like this website - the Khan Accademy, which gives awards and point for watching its instructional videos.

1. profile image0

once my husband had to do a whole bunch of online classes and take little quizzes after each video, for a new job. It was pretty stupid and all stuff he already knew, relating to driving a commercial truck. WELL he got a bad headach from the computer screen and so I offered to do some of the quizzes for him so he could rest. I ended up doing all the rest, over half. He ended up getting an award at the company christmas party for being the first employee ever to finish the video training. lol

lol your husband is a genius (to have married you).

1. profile image0

haaaaaaa!!!!!!!  thanks.

2. Denise Handlon profile image86
                  Denise Handlonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol  That is hilarious!   And he humbly accepted it didn't he?  lol

3. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 12 years ago

I haven't counted them up but have made a lot of comments, answered questions + asked them, reccommend other hubbers hubs, joined in on games etc .

I enjoy it here on hubpages !

4. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Oh wow! I've made 18,283 comments. That's a lot, I didn't know I had that much to say!

I know what you mean. I was virtually shocked to see that I've made so many deliberately cruel and violent remarks and insults.

5. freecampingaussie profile image61

What is the highest level commentator ? I am a 5 don't know if that is good or not, Doesn't matter will keep making comments etc anyway

1. profile image0

I think 8 is the highest.  http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/accolades   I asked about it a while ago. I just reread my thread and found out I used to be level three. sad I've been downgraded.....

1. Denise Handlon profile image86

smile  that's sad...how did you get downgraded?   Or, should I MMOB???

6. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

I think those stats are the total # of comments hubs received. It's listing hubs we commented on.

1. Shil1978 profile image86
      Shil1978posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Quite right - those are not the actual number of comments of the user, but the total number of comments the hubs in question received in its lifetime!!

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's a nice reference to check back on hubs. Some only have my one lonely comment. sad 

Another has 390 comments, 10 Ways To Become Extremely Unpopular on HubPages.com - worth a read lol

I'm glad you pointed out the total comments included from everyone...I was under the impression that I had made over 63,000 comments in the past yr and half.  !!!  No wonder I couldn't get anything else done in my life, lol

So...I'll have to check out the hub.

2. Sally's Trove profile image78
      Sally's Troveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yup, not how many "I" made.

3. Haunty profile image73

Sorry. I should've looked twice. You ruined the game, though. neutralwink

well, I knew I didn't make 38,231 comments. wink big_smile

hey, we could post how many hubs we've commented on.. the total underneath the list of hubs.. 956 for me.

What an awesome idea! Also, I'm so ashamed... to tell you that... mine is 441. smile

no shame Haunty, it's sandpit fun. 441 looks decent to me. big_smile

7. fastfreta profile image74
    fastfretaposted 12 years ago

This is fun, I just went over and checked, and it says I've made, 59,758 comments.  I wonder what the record is.  I've been cited as a level 6 commenter, but some are even higher than that, so I wonder how many comments they've made. I hope this doesn't spark competition, because it's just good innocent fun.

8. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Alas! Mine says 112 hubs. I honestly thought it would have been more. Oh, well. Once a slacker, always a slacker. big_smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am proud to announce that it is now 113.

2. Denise Handlon profile image86

lol  Paradigm-Slackers are some of my FAVORITE people!   Love you and your slackerness!  smile         112 is WAY too many for a decent slacker, BTW

9. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

I've commented on 1224 hubs. wink I have no clue how many comments I've posted on those 1224 hubs. I know some hubs have multiple comments. wink

10. fastfreta profile image74
    fastfretaposted 12 years ago

Just a note, if you want to know how many comments you've made, click on activity and go over to "comments you've made," and at the very bottom right it tells how many you've made. smile smile

1. fastfreta profile image74
      fastfretaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oops! I just went back and looked, also I jumped to the beginning of the thread, and found out that the large number is not what we did.  So I guess we'll never know how many we've done. 

Anyway, as the thread originator says let's do the number of hubs we've commented on, that's more accurate.  For me 2051.

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's not true FastFreta.

Example: I picked one hub that I know I've recently commented on. I looked at the "ever" comments listed, which means that I would have that total, by what you're saying and it said 8 comments were made.

However, I traveled to the hub and only made 2 comments on the hub. The hub had 8 comments on it.

11. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 12 years ago

I'm glad that it has been clarified that the 'total' in the comments column is not our individual total b/c mine reads: 63,050 and I was shocked.  It would mean I was spending way to long on HP--and not doing anything else with my life, lol

Total # of hubs I have commented on:  3,093 to this moment.

12. freecampingaussie profile image61

I have commentated on 360 hubs, answered a lot of questions & reccommended hundreds of other hubbers hubs , cant do more till someone else joins in there.
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5498255_f248.jpg

13. Beth100 profile image68
    Beth100posted 12 years ago

ok, I have to admit, I've never noticed this stat before.... so:

comments ever:  33,497

total hubs:  1,029

smile 

no wonder I haven't time to write....  lol

1. Beth100 profile image68
      Beth100posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok, I have the correct number now (as of last week):

hubs:  1,029

comments I posted on hubs:  2,000+

smile

smile

14. profile image0
    Holmes221bposted 12 years ago

There is no way of knowing, as I have had several profiles on here, which when I get bored, I delete, only to create another a few weeks later.  I do post a lot of comments though.

15. Beth100 profile image68
    Beth100posted 12 years ago

oh wait.... there's no way I commented that many!!!  Okay, I get the scoop... the total comments is for that hub, not my own comments.

I have no idea how many individual comments I have made myself.... and am not about to go back and count all of them!  lol

16. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 12 years ago

Hey Beth-no need to count your individual comments, lol   I think this question shifted in the middle to: how many hubs have you commented on...it is more accurate of a stat than the first.  smile  Hope that helps.

17. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

114215 Comments

2998 hubs

God I have been busy and I was gone for awhile. I could only imagine what I have written! big_smile

18. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

That chart of stats can't be right, anyway.  On mine it lists how many comments have been made on a particular hub in the last 4 hours, the last 24 hours, etc.

Some of those stats have remained the same (e.g., comments in the last 4 hours), showing that a comment has been made on one of my hubs, when I know for a fact that it has not been.

So, as far as I'm concerned, there's some kind of bug or glitch in those stats and they are worthless.  Except for having a fun game.  And since my numbers are pretty low lol, I won't participate.  But it's fun to be a spectator!  big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)