Do we have someone inside us?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (53 posts)
  1. marymootoo profile image61
    marymootooposted 12 years ago

I kind of had the thought that we might be symbiant beings, with the body being one animal and the soul another. Could this explain alot? Is it a nonstarter.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The soul is the soul. The body is merely a vessel; and a pesky one at that.

2. Rehana Stormme profile image72
      Rehana Stormmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

When I first read the question, I thought you meant something along the lines of whether we all have 'alter-egos' within us...to which I'd have been obliged to reply, yes!

But as far as the body being different from the soul, like many people, I believe the soul is infinite while the body is temporary.

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
        Sally's Troveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's really interesting...I hadn't thought about the question the way you did, but now that I do, I agree. I often like to say that the best conversations I have are among Me, myself, and I. I know they are separate entities. There may be more, too *scratching head*.

1. Rehana Stormme profile image72
          Rehana Stormmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Lol! wink

3. Apostle Jack profile image61
      Apostle Jackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes there is a Celestial Spirit inside of us,with power and intelligence.It is supernatural and cannot be destroyed. Scientist know about the flesh......BUT not the SPIRIT. So they go away with only half the knowledge.

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Care to prove you've a spirit in you? lol

1. Sinbadsailorman profile image61
          Sinbadsailormanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

your spirit is your life force with out it the flesh dies and and both return from which they came the body to this planet and the spirit to the Universe which is God

BS. But nice try.

E=Mc2 Energy = mass and Light as well as Vibrations we all come from One sources which Is define either GOD or the Universe with death comes deterioration  in which you are recycled or return to source either a Material source or a spiritual force we Understand Material source but we have yet to define the undefinable Spiritual Force who is as well a Material force which the combination creates GOD All in All the First and the Last  it is very simple when you study It and Yet It does seem to Be BS doesn't It?

Sorry, anything spiritual is based solely on mysticism. Mysticism was debunked decades ago, as an individual being intellectually dishonest.

Using Einstein's theory is distortion, considering even his theory was incomplete. wink

Facts are what they are what ever you are calling It. IT Is and IT has always been and Will always be for If It ends So do We.  Be not Afraid IT is with you always.

For you do not exist with out It. I prefer To Call It Father Creator GOD you prefer ? What not to mention IT and Maybe It will Fade away? All life is incomplete for it is ever expanding growing outward and inward and in every direction.

It is eternal It can't be Caught or stopped or contained It is the First and It will be the Last.

Simple I think God explains Himself very well in my opinion. I am a spirit covered in Dust and within that smallest participial of that dust It is and It has traversed every expanse of that particle and every other particle before every other particle that is.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77
                    DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Eternal has no end so there is no last.  Hmm..Dust? The human body is 73% Water.

2. Cagsil profile image71

Thank you. It shows a perfect example of intellectual dishonesty in action. Good show. wink

3. Apostle Jack profile image61

It all boils down to that which have DNA....and that which don't have DNA. Flesh ,and spirit....... Celestial from terrestrial.

2. Apostle Jack profile image61

When you know what you know,there is no room for theories. I speak from experience and confidence of knowing. I have both been allow by God to see and experience His reality of spiritual existence. What anyone else say is a well without water.

4. billabongbob profile image66
      billabongbobposted 12 years agoin reply to this

When I first read this questions, I thought that it might be psychology based. looking at personality. if this were so I would have to say yes.

However, looking at it from a body and soul perspective, it's very hard to quantify. The body is made of physical matter, out thoughts and feeling are not. This does give us two separate entities, one being largely dependant on the other to exist. What happens after death is a different subject, so I'll stick to the point lol.

Actually, I've made my point lol. Thank you for posting, it's motivated me to think aout it wink.

5. kynthia2374 profile image61
      kynthia2374posted 12 years agoin reply to this

In order for the soul to experience third dimensional density it needs a vehicle.  We use these bodies for the sole purpose of expressing our own individuality that is separate from the Source.  Separateness is another trait of third dimensional reality. 

Once we transcend the third layer and move into fourth and fifth dimension density we no longer have a need (or desire for the matter) for the physical body and we can exist in the consciousness of all. 

We are multidimensional beings experiencing many scenarios simultaneously.   Our true forms are not "made of" flesh and water, but of light and vibrational frequencies.

1. A Troubled Man profile image57
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" Yoda.

2. Apostle Jack profile image61

According to the increase.Celestial spirituality defines the integrity of our spiritual existence. We are spirits within physical bodies.Without Celestial understanding one is lost concerning spiritual knowledge.

6. A Troubled Man profile image57
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You'd first have to explain what a soul is.

2. marymootoo profile image61
    marymootooposted 12 years ago

Is the the soul a different entity somthing that we as the body knows nothing about. When the shell dies the soul which has a much longer life span continues in another shell

We all sure as hell hope so! But, alas, there are no guarantees. smile

3. profile image0
    Holmes221bposted 12 years ago

Reading the title of this forum post, I got totally the wrong idea, thank goodness.  But yes, I often do often have spirits inside me, gin is the most common.

We do seem to be both chemical and electrical entities. The chemical aspect does seem to indicate that the mind and body are one. And that when one dies, so does the other.

2. Sally's Trove profile image79

Scotch would be the most common for me...got a chuckle out of your reply.

But every time I have a thought about a grandmother long passed or about a friend nearby, I feel they are inside me, a part of me, and for as long as I am here, their essences will live in me.

Your experience can be explained by your emotional connection to those individuals. It doesn't mean that their essence lives inside you. wink

Oh for Pete's sake, read paradigmsearch's post here. We are chemical and electrical entities as well as entities that haven't been explained yet, because we don't know all the physical things we are made of nor our relationship to physical things we don't even understand yet. Emotions are chemically and electrically related. As far as I'm concerned, my emotions are intertwined with energy in some form originating from someone else living or dead. wink back atcha.

lol

3. marymootoo profile image61
      marymootooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

my friend then read the question again later maybe much later!

4. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

"Do we have someone inside us?" I would rephrase it.
    Do we have someone outside us?

Now I like that. smile

Me too.

5. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Curious theory. At what point do you think the soul steps into the body? Do you think a soul is necessary to animate the human form? I assume you probably think the soul survives without the body; but do you see it possible the other way around? Do you think the body is dependent upon a soul for survival?

I ask this, because years ago I couldn't come to terms with the actions of some people. Serial killers, pedophiles; things of that nature. I met a guy who was without moral fiber and his eyes were so flat, like there was no spark of life in him. I spent a few years wondering if some were born without a soul.

1. marymootoo profile image61
      marymootooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

to be honest i had a struggle spelling symbiant, but, and, what could make more sense the power that is inside us why not symbiant. I am really sorry beacuase a simple thing that has run in my head has now started me on a theologic discusion outside of this forum. Back soon!!!!

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But, it couldn't be obligatory symbiosis. If you think the soul lives on. Which is why I wondered if the body could survive without a soul too. I guess it all comes down to what you consider the soul to be.

6. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

I've got several beings living inside of us big_smile

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So, I guess every day's a party?

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is total balance... two are severely depressed, the other two are party animals! It's all good in the hood!

7. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

Not such a stupid question - something triggered a change in humans (about 80,000 years ago) to give us such a relatively large amount of brain. It may be possible that the original animal was infected with a virus that changed the DNA, mitochondrial DNA, and so we are really half the original human animal and half something else.  The fact that mitochondrial DNA moves to the next generation through the sperm is a good trick.

1. profile image0

Banned for talking about DNA...

...Oh, shoot! Wrong thread!!! hmm

1. recommend1 profile image60
        recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Banned for talking about shoot in relation to copulation - Oh ! thread and leaves !

if anyone does not get the joke, please say so and I will try.

1. profile image0

It's 2AM and my eyelids are starting to have a mind of their own... so, I must be forgiven by all hubbers who might read this and get confused. You're still banned, panda!

8. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 12 years ago

Yes,.....a Celestial spirit.After you die it will still exist.The flesh will die....but not the spirit.

9. rasta1 profile image71
    rasta1posted 12 years ago

there is the biological and the spiritual person. the spiritual person operates the biological body.

1. Apostle Jack profile image61

@rasta1
      You are right.But to explain the matter is what the confusion is all about.According to the increase. We are Celestial spirits,but is unknown to world population. Until now,it have been hidden.

10. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

based on my weight scale, i might have several people inside me

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lollollollollol

11. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

It's just multiple personality disorder.

12. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

Marymootoo, very interesting question.

Here's my current take on it. Our true self is spirit (soul) and this is immortal or, more accurately, timeless. The body frequently knows nothing of this true self because it is too fixated on ego (the pseudo-self, master of this world which feels entitled to be important and right).

The Heavenly Father wants His children back safely and undoubtedly would give them every opportunity to return to Him. This would include reincarnation -- as you said, the soul in another shell.

The object of it all is the re-awakening of the spirit. Once consciousness is transferred to the true self, then "everlasting life" is possible. When the body dies, consciousness continues in the timeless being -- the true self, child of God.

By your description, then there's no logical reason one would have to believe in a god, considering life(including spirit) would be recycled anyways. Again, intellectually dishonest.

Yes, ego does get in the way for many, and don't think that this post is about ego, because it's not. However, with that said, if life was truly eternal through spirit, then regardless of believe in a god or not, it would continue on regardless.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)