What time of the day do you publish your hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (22 posts)
  1. lady rain profile image94
    lady rainposted 12 years ago

Do you publish in the morning, afternoon, evening, night or anytime ? Does publishing a hub at a specific time have any effect on the traffic or no difference at all?

1. Pdxrecycler profile image62
      Pdxrecyclerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I haven't considered what time of day I post. I think if you are posting a regional-specific hub, that it would be good to post during the early afternoon.

2. Paraglider profile image87
      Paragliderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Internet covers all time zones. Whenever you publish, it's morning somewhere!

3. Ania L profile image82
      Ania Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I ususally publish in the evening, so when I sleep, US have a chance to read it and I look at the results in the morning smile

2. lady rain profile image94
    lady rainposted 12 years ago

Your answer should be local to your time zone.

3. Hunbbel Meer profile image75
    Hunbbel Meerposted 12 years ago

I don't think that it may have a significant effect after the news feed option came into hubpages. Although, I publish usually at 11 p.m. or 12 a.m.

4. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 12 years ago

They used to say...
    (Mind you this is "used to" back in say 2007, 2008)
    That the best time to publish was before 11:00 AM EST.
    I usually see the best results the earlier I post something.

5. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 12 years ago

What about when you are in Australia ?!

6. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

Depending on where the biggest chunk of you visitors are from: in the US between 9:00am to 7:30 pm, same for Twittering your hubs. Same times adjusted for the different time zones/countries; 9:00am to 7:30pm  when this is the time say in Australia for example.

Since my biggest group is from North America these are the times when I publish the most and so far has held true.   cool

7. trecords0 profile image62
    trecords0posted 12 years ago

I usually post early in the morning (EST) like before 7AM.  I don't really think it has anything to do with what time you post though.  I know my readers will get an email everytime I post and when they get a chance they will read it.

8. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 12 years ago

I publish a hub whenever it is ready.  With that being said, I often try to get an unfinished hub ready for publication before midnight my time if it has been sitting around for awhile.

9. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

I publish whenever i feel they are ready to be seen..
    I have no set day and time

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The same with me. It hasn't seemed to make a difference.

10. prektjr.dc profile image74
    prektjr.dcposted 12 years ago

I tend to write late at night, then publish during the day after I have had time away and after I go back to re-read and edit.

11. profile image57
    borowestposted 12 years ago

i think it doesn't matter the time of the day you post your hub, i personally post at any time be it in the night,day,evening.

12. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

3 to 6 am

13. David 470 profile image82
    David 470posted 12 years ago

I have posted a lot of hubs in the morning or early afternoon. Been getting up very early in the morning. I feel it's easiest to write if I am up early.

14. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

I write when the mood strikes me (to either write, do the Hub, or both), when I feel like I have something to write, etc.  It doesn't matter what time of time it is.  Usually, I adjust to whatever non-Hub stuff/work I have going on any given day.  I don't get all into analyzing things like "best times" etc.  I just pay attention to overall traffic and earnings each day.

15. pinkish profile image56
    pinkishposted 12 years ago

Usually I publish my hubs morning to afternoon..

16. QuestionMaster profile image79
    QuestionMasterposted 12 years ago

Based on the fact that the only people who will see a hub immediately when it is published are likely to be other hubbers, who rarely click adverts and aren't likely to bring you quality traffic, I don't see a need to time hub publication.

Most hubs will take at least a few days, and often a few months to get serious search engine traffic, and that only if you've done decent keyword research. Based on that, I think the best time to publish a hub is as soon as possible.

17. Moon Daisy profile image79
    Moon Daisyposted 12 years ago

I also write when I feel the urge!  And publish it whenever it's finished.  I don't think of when is best for traffic (- that would probably involve me doing it in the middle of the night anyway as I'm in the UK.  And although sometimes I'm writing at that time anyway, that's besides the point!)

If a hub is good and people like it then it should get traffic over the long-term.  Initial traffic isn't so important in the scheme of things.

1. Lord De Cross profile image69
      Lord De Crossposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Usually 2am-6am Eastern time

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)