Have you ever physically seen an aura?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (66 posts)
  1. kittythedreamer profile image73
    kittythedreamerposted 12 years ago

I have. It happened actually very randomly and unexpectedly. I was away at a work convention (believe it or not) and was in a relaxed state of mind, and the lighting was a bit low as we were inside a convention hall with no windows in particular. I began seeing these waves of transparent light coming out and up from everyone's heads in that room with me. At first I thought maybe I had fallen asleep and was dreaming. Then I thought I was just going crazy and tried to blink it away. But the more I tried to get rid of it, the more I realized that I couldn't...that I was probably seeing auras. It looked sort of like when heat is coming off of a just used car. Heat waves protruding and waving up is what they looked like. Some were more apparent than others, some went up higher than others. Have you had an experience like this?  Since then, I'm able to see auras of others at different times, but not always on command.

1. Cresentmoon2007 profile image64
      Cresentmoon2007posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes I actually have. Back when I meditated daily I learned how to do it. Though it wouldn't always do so when I wanted to I could see them on occasion. My experience with how they look is like what you explained except they had colors to them. Some were more vibrant than others. I am glad to see that you have experienced this Kitty. To me that means you are growing spiritually. I hope to be able to experience this again for it has been a while. Only recently since joining hubpages have I grown more spiritual once again.

kittythedreamerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have yet to see color...I more or less can sense colors but not physically see them. Thanks for sharing.

2. A Troubled Man profile image57
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Check either your blood-sugar levels or your eyes.

3. nightwork4 profile image59
      nightwork4posted 12 years agoin reply to this

i don't believe you. you have never seen an aura , just like no one has ever seen god , ghosts or any of that other stuff. i find it amusing the things people say they can see but it also bothers me when i see them trying to get others to believe them in order to get attention.

4. A Troubled Man profile image57

Then, they were probably heat waves. Why would you jump to the conclusion they were something else?

2. Evylyn Rose profile image60
    Evylyn Roseposted 12 years ago

I once had a similar experience in one of my classes in high school. Afterward, I tried on several occasions to do so again. Yet the more I tried, the more I simply experienced retinal burn which gives a similar appearance (transparent like a heat wave, but simply the echo of the shape being observed). With time and patience, I am sure I could have figured out what I did that first time. However, I've found that sensing rather than seeing is more my talent and so focus on that instead.

Evelyn - Thanks for sharing. I've come to learn that I am big into sensing things as well and rarely get the "vision", but when I do get the vision it's pretty intense.

3. Disappearinghead profile image59
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

When I was a student frequenting pubs and nightclubs, I believe that I must have been giving off a homosexuality aura, as never once did I ever get chatted up by a woman!!! hmm

1. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

that would mean that your aura prevented you from seeing a areola

If you're going to make tasteless jokes, at least use proper grammer. "a areola" should be "an areola".

if you have never tasted them, you can't judge

1. habee profile image92
            habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do male areolas count?

no.. i'm sorry, they are biologically unnecessary

1. habee profile image92
                habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

...but fun!

2. profile image49
            paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

certainly

2. profile image49

Sure enough; jokes should be grammatically correct; if English would be one's mother tongue; but you know he is Greek One.

2. kittythedreamer profile image73

And disappearinghead - That's not surprising.

4. wanzulfikri profile image60
    wanzulfikriposted 12 years ago

I've never seen an aura but I believe they exist

wanzulfikri - Yes, hasn't science proven some sort of energy field around the human body? Thanks for posting!

5. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Thank goodness no!  Usually it's the same women who think they see ghosts and believe they have psychic abilities to boot! lol

I'm not really sure how many times you were dropped on your head as a child, but I truly feel bad for you.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Coming from someone who sees "auras," I'll take that as a compliment.  What's your excuse?  lol

6. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

It sounds to me like you were having a mild migraine.  Many people experience an "aura" prior to a migraine headache.

That could possibly be, but I had no other symptoms of a migraine and I've had them before. Thanks though.

2. profile image49

That might mean consulting a physician or a phsychologist.

7. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Sure...but I was pretty high at the time. lol

8. Captain Redbeard profile image60
    Captain Redbeardposted 12 years ago

The term "Aura" was used lightly but I saw a documentary a few years ago where people were taking pictures of oher people in different moods and were able to capture waves or color coming off them. It was small and the film had to be zoomed in on but it was there.

Another interesting place for info on like subjects is from the film, "What the BLEEP do we know?" Fun stuff on there.

1. A Troubled Man profile image57

TV good... facts bad. smile

9. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

depends when I am in the mood for hallucinating.

10. Captain Redbeard profile image60
    Captain Redbeardposted 12 years ago

Then again, I took some drugs in my youth that "allowed" me to all sorts of fun stuff lol

Yeah, apparently most of these people on here have. I was more than sober when I had my experience.

1. Captain Redbeard profile image60
        Captain Redbeardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So to what end though does this serve? What is the reason for seeing colors around someone? I don't understand the concept.

1. 4elements profile image65
          4elementsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Colors are taken for emotions and moods, feelings which ever word you would like. Like for instant, White- innocence, spiritual. Black- dark, evil, devoid. Red- passinate, anger, pissed off, and so on. These are just a few examples about colors and auras. If there are any mispelled words I apoligize, next to math it was one of my worst subjects. Peace, love, and light. Blessings

So the colors reflect the mood of the person in that moment?

1. 4elements profile image65
              4elementsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes colors reflect moods and their over all personality. For example if a person is mainly a passionate type then main color of aura could be orange with a redness to it, or if they are a naturally angry or pissed off type then majority color of aura would be dominantly red,. This is how I come to understand colors and auras.  Blessings

1. Evylyn Rose profile image60
                Evylyn Roseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Although moods can be reflected in one's aura, the aura is merely a reflection of the individual's current electrical field. That said, the colors can reveal matters of physical and mental health as well as moods and personality. The colors seen, however are limited by the one's physical ability to view colors within the light spectrum (which means our interpretations of those colors are likewise limited). Thus, human perceptions of colors of the aura are incomplete. Although auras can be useful in detecting problems, other means of diagnosis and treatment are important even to the practitioner who can physically see auras and/or work with auras.

So is this kind of, forgive my terminology here, belief in line with evolution? Like is this the next step?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Possessing auras, as previously mentioned, has always and will always be a matter of fact for anything composed of energy (which is all matter). In that sense, it has nothing to do with evolution. As for humans being able to see auras, I suppose you could consider that an evolutionary possibility. Enough people developing the ability during their lifetimes and the ability being passed down to offspring through genetic coding and in time more people can see auras than can't. Yeah, sure.

Personally, though, I do not see any evolutionary benefit in it. If we could evolve to see the entire light spectrum, the ability to see auras could be like an instant visual recognition and diagnostic tool. However, with our current visual capacity (not just the color spectrum, but also other aspects of visuo-spatial cognitive abilities), our knowledge of the appearance of auras and what they mean is simply too limited. We would be much better off developing strength in other skills, such as empathy and intuition. Those would certainly provide evolutionary benefits. wink

11. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 12 years ago

I haven't, but it sounds fascinating.

12. Dave Mathews profile image59
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

Yes I have they can be quite colorful.

13. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
    Mikel G Robertsposted 12 years ago

Have you ever physically seen an aura?

Yes a couple times actually.

Check your blood sugar levels, they seem high.

14. Vinaya Ghimire profile image79
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 12 years ago

I have not seen an aura. But my father says he saw an aura around my face. (That was the time when I practiced some esoteric rituals.) I believe he said so out of love.

15. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

Did Jesus see an aura?
    I don't think he ever did.

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yashua was God in the flesh Paar, so like everyone else, he would have emitted heat radiation in the infrared part of the electromagnetic spectrum. Now certain species of snake for example can "see"/detect this radiation from their prey, therefore snakes could have seen his heat radiation "aura".

Now we have all seen the wavy pattern that 'appears' to rise from hot objects. This is due to the light scatter as it passes through the rising warm air. If a person is sufficiently warm in a very cold environment, it is conceivable that this "aura" could be visible.

1. profile image49

Did Bible mention that Jesus had an aura, always around him, seen by the naked eye?

I don't think so.

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
          Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You didn't read a single word I said did you Paar.

1. profile image49

In fact I read the whole of it. I don't think it answered my query. Please elaborate.

2. Evylyn Rose profile image60

Personally, I would not be surprised if he did considering many of his other metaphysical talents. That said, we have no documentation that he ever mentioned it. In the spirit of "if it isn't recorded it didn't happen" your answer is no.

1. profile image49

I think Jesus did not have any aura; had he had it our friends Brenda Durham and Emile R should have jumped to it.

The question of yours I responded to was whether or not Jesus saw an aura. Personally I believe yes, but there is no evidence to support this so the answer is inconclusive at best. As for him having one the answer is yes. Considering that the practice of viewing auras was not geographically relevant to the areas in which he was documented (and certainly honing the ability would have been worthless to those doing the documentation), there would be no reason for the mention as to whether Jesus did or did not have an aura.

Anything composed of electromagnetic energy has an aura regardless of whether or not a human has the ability to perceive it. I believe you are confusing the aura as some sort of mystical light surrounding certain people and not as the energy that it is. All matter has the potential to give off an aura to anyone or thing that can perceive it.

LOL! Funny that some who pretend to be 'special' have to make up stuff so ridiculous, they lose sight of the fact some of us are adults. lol

I'm a little confused by your post. What stuff is ridiculous? The scientifically proven fact that all matter is composed of energy? Or that someone would think they are somehow unique for having an aura as all things do? I don't see how either case would have anything to with whether or not someone is an adult.

Yes, I know you don't understand that the stuff you make up has anything to do with being an adult.

I'm afraid what I state is nothing made up. At worst, I'm just regurgitating information passed on by physicists. Last I checked, even prodigies are adults by the time they earn their doctorates. wink

Okay, can you show me a physicists abstract on auras? They should be plentiful if you're regurgitating them.

Matter and energy are equivalent and can be converted from one to the other, but that does not support your claims regarding auras.

16. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

I always have heard that the color of the aura reflected one's state of consciousness.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)