my boyfriends ex is pregnant

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (34 posts)
  1. profile image53
    agnes83posted 12 years ago

my bf wanst to end our relationship till his babys born he says he still loves me wat do i do ?

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Walk.

He doesn't love you.

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agnes,

My recommendation is do not wait around. Please move on. A man will tell you anything to keep a woman on the back burner, while they sow there oats. Be a better woman, keep your head up and keep on going. Never let a man lower yourself esteem and odds are he will only play you. He is having a child with someone else. He needs to take on his responsibility and you need to find someone who is worthy of you as a woman. Say Good-bye and say hello to a brighter future. smile

3. Evan G Rogers profile image60
      Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Walk away - you'll probably end up taking care of the kid

Boyfriend? Give me a break. Not worth it.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

Ask Dear Abby?

3. profile image53

thanks x

4. profile image53

how do you get that?

5. profile image53

but he says he does tho? if he didnt surley he wud just say then get bk with his ex??

1. IzzyM profile image88

Maybe she doesn't want him back? Maybe he doesn't know what he wants. Maybe he loves the kid (hope he does actually).

But he can't love you, despite what he says. Else he'd always want to be with you.

6. profile image53

he doesnt wanabe with me the now becus hes under stress hes goin to lose his job me n him arguin n his mum nearly killed hersel ? think you need a break to see how much you love sumeone??

1. IzzyM profile image88

Can you really not spell? I'm not being cheeky deliberately, but you do know this a writers' site?

1. profile image0
        Wendi Mposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry Izzy, but I couldn't help but laugh when I read your posting.  I know you weren't trying to be mean, but it came across rather comically!

7. profile image53

yeah i can spell I am just a bit upset just now sorry for that

8. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

OK smile

So you have this boyfriend whose ex is about to give birth and he is having a break from you?

If you don't mind saying, can you tell us your ages because that can make a huge difference in any advice you receive.

9. profile image53

thanks yeah he is 20 I am 28,he tells me he loves me and wants a family with me but if he stays with me the now we will end up having a massive argument due to stress and he doesn't want to lose me forever ??

10. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

you need to get a backbone and dump him..provided you are over 18 and not depending on this jerk.
    Now it does depend on your age as izzyM stated.
    why are you waiting for his answer? why aren't you deciding for yourself?
    run your own life..he wants his cake and to eat it too.

11. profile image53

Its because I love him and I don't want to lose him I told him I would wait for him I am a mug?

1. IzzyM profile image88

Of course you're a mug but you don't need to be told that, you know it already. I am a bit concerned when you said you were 28. Was that a typo? He is 20 and you are 28? Did you mean 18?

Regardless, HE is young. Men mature much later than us girls anyway, and having a baby is pretty life-changing for both parents, so you have to give him space on this.

I don't think he knows what he wants. Maybe he thinks its cool to text you saying he loves you, but you know actions speak louder than words.

Stop being so clingy. In later years you will look back on him as nothing more than in infatuation. He isn't good enough for you anyway. You want a man, the father of your children, to come without baggage, and this man already has that.

Walk.

12. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 12 years ago

Realizing that not everyone is worth our time and love is a tough lesson at any age.

Give him the space to figure out what he wants to do, but don't wait on him to decide what you want to do.

13. profile image53

thanks

14. profile image53

but i love him ? he is 20

1. IzzyM profile image88

Do you want to be a doormat all of your life? No, you don't, you want to be an independent woman living by her own means, and making her own decisions.

OK so you have been hurt by love. You are not the first and won't be the last. It won't be your last time in love either.

Find someone better, but before you do, learn to be independent.

15. profile image53

OK thanks for your advice

16. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

H3e has a baby with another girl and want to stop seeing you.  Sounds like your lucky day. Kick him to the curb.

17. profile image53

he is about to have a baby with his ex yeah he wants space from me but still says he loves me?

1. profile image0
      Wendi Mposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I say move on Agnes.  I agree with Izzy's earlier statement "Actions speak louder than words!"

2. TamCor profile image82
      TamCorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

agnes--I know you don't want to hear this, but if he REALLY honestly loved you, he would not want "space".  I had the same thing happen to me, when I was in my 20's...I found out it was just an excuse to mess around with others.

If he's 20 and you're 28, you have to realize that there is a world of difference in his outlook on life, and yours.  You've had more years to "grow up", so to speak.  He's just now getting out in the real world, and it sounds like it's hitting him like a ton of bricks, and he's floundering.

It doesn't mean he's a bad guy--it just means he's still got a lot of maturing to do yet...Don't let him drag you down--get on with your life, as hard as it might be for you.  You'll be glad you did--I promise. smile

I let mine go, and not much later, found the real love of my life.  It could happen to you, too, but it'll never happen if you don't let go of this relationship.

Good luck. smile

3. Jean Bakula profile image92
      Jean Bakulaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agnes,
      I had to get hurt once to come to my golden rule of men. If he leaves you once, over any problem, he will always walk out any time there is a problem. His having a child and facing the responsibility of being a Father is huge, and just the fact he's trying to keep you hanging on while he waits for his child to be born, and plans to bail on the child and Mother, show him to be a piece of slime, unworthy of either of you. Move on. At 28 you should know better.

18. profile image53

thank you all this advice is helping me realise

19. profile image53

yeah I think he probably will go back to his ex anyway

1. Lisa HW profile image60
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It all just sounds like a big can of worms to me.  If he's like "half" the other 20-year-old guys in the world who get into such situations (the ex, the baby, the new girlfriend, etc. etc.), there's a good chance he'll get sort-of back with the ex for the first several months of the baby's life, then they'll be fighting off and on - and there'll be a whole new girlfriend introduced to the mix at some point.  A year or so after, some new girlfriend will also be pregnant, and he'll barely ever see the baby that's on its way now.

Why is his pregnant ex is ex anyway?  Did that happen before you met him, after?  Did the pregnancy make the break up?   Did she get pregnant after they broke up?  Did a pregnancy happy when their relationship was troubled anyway (in which case, it was stupid and thoughtful to let it happen)?  Can of worms.  A kid.  No prize.  What his "issues" are, he's got them.  No point making them part of your life.  If you don't think you go better than that, work on the fact that you don't; and stay out of relationships until you get that worked out.

Best case, he keeps in touch with his child forever and remains having dealings with the ex.  Worst case (as far as a reflection of what he is as a person goes), he forgets about the child in a year or two because he can't be bothered working out the stuff between him and the child's mother. There's nothing less appealing to a lot of people in their twenties than a twenty-something partner who already has a child.

20. Zabbella profile image75
    Zabbellaposted 12 years ago

Maybe it is not his baby.

21. profile image52
    pixiezero13posted 12 years ago

I just read I Hate His/Her Ex by Alex Cooper. You can get it on Amazon or other bookstores. It helped me to deal with so many issues that I had with my fiance’s ex - who I really hated!! Now, my relationship is perfect smile xxx

22. dashingscorpio profile image80
    dashingscorpioposted 12 years ago

You stated, "my bf wants to end our relationship..." That pretty much says it all. Wish him well and move on. Whatever you do don't become a "booty call" for him when he starts complaining about the stresses of fatherhood and getting along with on again girlfriend. There was a reason why they broke up and most likely it was a "good reason". A relationship/marriage that is based upon circumstances rather than love is likely to fail. One man's opinion. :-)
    Best of luck!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)