Violent Iraqis Hold True to Their Word

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

In a completely predictable fashion, the more violent groups of Iraqis are giving up attacking the US. They cite the reason that "their enemy is leaving" as a reason. They now wish to actually try to help their government.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir … wcVPvnd5Bk

This was completely expected and in NO way a surprise because THEY HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR THE ENTIRE TIME WE'VE BEEN OVER THERE.

In fact, "we've been over there killing people" was one of the reasons cited for the 9/11 attacks and for Al-Qaeda's aggressive war against the US.

Go figure - Our enemies actually told us WHY they hate us, and they seem to be acting in accordance with their statements.

... that's more than can be said for most US politicians. ZING!

1. WD Curry 111 profile image58
      WD Curry 111posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You have proven to be susceptible to propaganda.

I am from a military family, Dad was a General. He was awarded the "Legion of Merit" for his work on the original Strategic Arms Limitation Treaty. I went to KMI and Annapolis (didn't graduate, though). I can speak without ignorance on the subject.

We should have never sent an expeditionary force. We had the capacity to handle it better, quicker and with more finality. Combat personnel know this. The main influence was the industrial sector of the "Military/Industrial Complex" that "Ike" warned us about. It was akin to sending almost all of the Army to chase Geronimo and 20 Apaches around in their desert.

Don't kid yourself. Factional violence will escalate when we leave. You have just heard from one of many factions, and they could be lying.

Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sure...

Thanks, you have given me an idea for a hub.

What's that? "The US needs to tell everyone how to live"?

No, not even. We should pull back and let them live how ever they want . . . outside of our economy.

I wonder where you got that I think we should tell others how to live from my comments. We have been attacked by a vicious enemy who is actively at war with us now. We need to take that particular enemy out, or discourage them completely. The volunteer military has given you the luxury of continuing to pursue the American dream while they fight. Keep walking around in dream world and you will wake up in a horrible nightmare.

Are you a Communist, a foreign influence or what?

ROFL

Remind me again which bogey man our "volunteer" army is keeping me safe from?

Them IRACKIS was gonna throw their SHOES at me PREZODENT!

1. profile image0
                    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wonder how much grace Mr. Obama would've had if the guy had thrown shoes at him?  Would his henchmen have shot the guy for terrorism, or labeled him a racist, or would he have apologized for makin' the poor guy mad? lol. Heck, maybe he would've caught the shoes in his hands.  He did swat a fly very deftly.  Hmmm....

2. WD Curry 111 profile image58

You are a subversive voice. There isn't a person in the world who doesn't know who our enemy is. Like I said, My Dad wrote the Strategic Arms Limitation Treaty. He is an expert on the Soviet Union . . . military, tactics, strategies, methods. I know Russian propaganda when I hear it and that is what you are spouting.

I have not been fooled. The cold war is not over. What do you think is up with China and our economy? Sure Raygun got the wall down, and we ran them broke, but I know the drill . . . "one step back . . . two steps forward . . . one step back . . . two steps forward . . .

Now I know why I am here, comrade.

2. Xenonlit profile image61
        Xenonlitposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It was supposed to drag out for two reasons that no one talks about: Rumsfeld's permanent bases and to transfer huge amounts of money to certain corporate and political interests.

I want my nations treasury restored.

Vote Ron Paul

1. Repairguy47 profile image60
            Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why would anyone waste their vote?

1. profile image0

That's what I wonder too.
              ...Maybe to divide the Republican vote so Obama will be a shoe-in again.  Notice the Democrats haven't got the guts so far to put anyone else in a position to nominate any opposition to their king.   And I keep wondering why exactly, because surely even they know Obama's not even a Democrat.

2. WD Curry 111 profile image58

Hello?! Xenolit for president!!!

2. profile image0

I thought Obama's apology tour was over.
      Including any American citizen trying to excuse the 911 terrorists.
      Guess I was wrong.

Brenda nails it, again. If the counter attacks on terrorists were conducted properly, it wouldn't be an issue now. Remember when Pres. Bush announced to the world that we were coming after them . . . wherever they may be. He boldly warned every nation that, if there were training camps or strong holds within their borders to get rid of them or we would, regardless.

He did not keep his promise. Instead, he dressed up in a pilot suit and hammed it up for the cameras while he finished Daddy's business. Instead of disregarding borders and world opinion, we are pussy-footing around with Pakistan. Obama showed us how to get it done, but stopped at one guy.

There are active terrorists training camps in Sudan, Somalia, Iran, Malaysia, South America, Indonesia and on. They are usually small, but we know exactly where most of them are. If we did what Bush said we were going to do, we would launch lightning raids and wipe them out. No one would raise a finger to stop us. That would slow down recruitment for sure. World opinion be damned. They already hate us.

We are at war, like it or not. I hope we realize it before it is too late.

2. maxoxam41 profile image65
    maxoxam41posted 12 years ago

The logical behavior would be an overthrow of the established government that was installed by the oil coalition embraced by the U.S., the Brits and the French. Then nationalize the oil industry and kick out every "investment" post U.S. invasion. Then Iraq will be free.

3. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 12 years ago

There are also 'odd ball' Terrorist's that are US born natives.

Invading other countries including Iran would not stop terrorist acts.

1. maxoxam41 profile image65
      maxoxam41posted 12 years agoin reply to this

If ever there terrorists. It bothers me that suddenly, somewhere in the U.S., they find youngsters that are ready to set bombs in the U.S.. Whereas all our lines of communication are monitored.
      I think they pick one, pay him to represent terrorism and the population still lives in the threat of terrorism. It implies more funding for the concerned department (security that is a thriving industry) and so on.

4. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

"We have been attacked by a vicious enemy who is actively at war with us now." Who was/is that?

1. Josak profile image61
      Josakposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A very small group of  idiotic radicals just like the KKK and Arian brotherhood commit acts of terrorism, we dont go invade the south though do we?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)