Pakistanis are NOT terrorists!

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (108 posts)
  1. profile image0
    The stallionposted 13 years ago

People all over the world think that we Pakistanis are all terrorists.
    I beg to differ! I know that recently there have been quite a few terrorist activities around the world which were supposedly associated with Pakistan. Even if a few Pakistanis were associated with these activities, why is the whole Pakistani nation blamed?
    Recently I watched a show on the National Geographic channel titled "Don't tell my mom, I'm in Pakistan". Although the title is a bit insulting but the show displayed the good side of Pakistan, and proved that there's more to Pakistan than terrorism.
    Most people would probably not agree with me but I'd just lyk to say, that I am a Pakistani and I am proud of it. And we Pakistanis are no more terrorists than most of the other nations of the world(I am not pointing towards any specific nation because, then I would myself be doing what I am trying to stop others from)
    Do tell me honestly what you people think! And also, do you think this image of Pakistan's is the fault of the international media....or, is it our government....or what!

1. easybusinesslinks profile image59
      easybusinesslinksposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm a person that is on one side of the world and I certainly don't think that, it's a small minority that are terrorists and some of my best friends are indian/muslim, so there!

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

According to what I read in the mainstream media several terrorist organizations are based in Pakistan, e.g. Lascar al Taiba? some of whom have been encouraged by the ISI to foment trouble in Kashmir. And Pakistanis were responsible for planning and carrying out the attacks last year in Mumbai.

Another concern about Pakistan is that it is estimated to have 60 nuclear warheads and it has sold nuclear weapons technology to other countries in violation of international nuclear disarmament treaties. There is concern that these weapons will fall into the hands of terrorists. http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/nuke/RL34248.pdf

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
        Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All true and it plays in the strategy in Afghanistan. We can't have a military presence in Pakistan - and the core of the radical Mualims is in the border region, so that's a serious reason for wanting to stabilize the region - if we can. Big IF. I'm not sure if Obama is right or wrong in his strategy - but I can see a worst-case scenario if we abandon the Afghan struggle that wuld leave scores of nukes in the hands of radicals.

2. Shehxad profile image60
        Shehxadposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I believe that all the major Spy agencies came with such organizations. CIA came with Al-qaeda, Taliban, and now ISIS. Indian RAW came with RSS,  Abhinav Bharat and many others (I can name many). So is the ISI, ISI also came with such organizations to play its part in the regional strategy. So you cannot blame one country or a one spy agency.

3. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
      VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Even if some Pakistanis are linked to terrorism, why should not others prevent them?  Directly acting as terrorists is not different from aiding, abetting and supporting them. You should leave no place for terrorism in your country. If someone comes to India and do some terrorist acts, all Pakistanis are rejoicing. So, as far as there is one terrorist in your (our) land, you are all fit to be named terrorists.

1. profile image0
        The stallionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No Pakistani rejoices at terrorism acts in India! I can assure you of that sir
        !

4. Polly C profile image90
      Polly Cposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I don't know a single person who thinks that all (or even many) Pakistani's are terroists. I certainly do not think that, it would never even cross my mind. A terroist can come from anywhere.

5. ceciliabeltran profile image65
      ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have met so many beautiful people from Pakistan. Very wise people and grounded too.

There are however very clever insurgents in your country that it is unfortunate. It's just fear as usual. People like to put faces and profiles on fear and blame that.

6. Shehxad profile image60
      Shehxadposted 7 years agoin reply to this

There were few elements in Pakistan, mainly coming from Afghanistan. The border area between Afghanistan and Pakistan was the problematic area where ISI, Indian Agency RAW, CIA, even MOSSAD works. So everybody is playing the bad game in this region. ISI and RAW are the regional spy agencies, dont you think that CIA and MOSSAD are creating problems in this area.

Apart from these few terrorist elements near Afghan border, Pakistan is a peaceful country. Pakistan has the most market share in IT after India and China. Pakistan is one of the emerging markets in the world. Pakistani Urban citizens are using the same 4G technology which any citizen in Europe or US is using. So we are no different, the only thing which makes this area most important for Super Powers and Spy Agencies is its geographic location. Why Russia came here, at that time no terrorists were here? When you invade a nation, off-course there will be some response in return either retaliation or guerrilla war (as Al-qaeda and Taliban did). So its not only Pakistan, but the other countries are also responsible mainly USA.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you. It is the Israel project, Zionist own Israel and America. It's first the middle East Muslim countries, then the new World order are working on the west too.

There is a world war 3 that has been started. A  world war is when two continents are at war. Right now America is attacking on three continents, don't feel singled out.

There is no where on earth these greedy bastard can hide. They are on the run and attack for now.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I would go as far as to say, your blanket statement would be untrue. Some are and some are not. wink

1. LaMamaLoli profile image61
      LaMamaLoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't agree with you. I certainly don't think everyone from Pakistan is a terrorist, and I don't know anyone who does either. I don't make blanket generalisations like that, and I am sorry if you are surrounded by people that do.

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You agreeing or not is meaningless, because YOU didn't post the question. With that said- have a great day.
        And, where exactly in MY statement did I say ALL(your word everyone) is a terrorist?

Or are you jumping for some other particular reason?

I said SOME are and SOME are not. Got it? Good!

1. MikeNV profile image67
          MikeNVposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Somebody has to be labeled "Terrorist" for the US Government to continue it's very profitable War Agenda.

It's not like the US can label North Korea or Russia Terrorists.

There has to be a "Bad Guy" so the "Good Guy" mentality can keep bilking tax dollars out of the public.

1. Cagsil profile image71
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mike, as usual, you give off your hatred for this government. Yes, there are problems. But, I'm really getting tired of your song and dance routine.

The system of government is corrupted, this is known, move on. Will there be a time when it is necessary to take action? Yes, there will come a time, however, that time isn't right now.

You have your priorities a little screwed up. I certainly hope you do not claim to be a loyal citizen of the country, because you are unable to grasp the bigger picture. Your narrow-minded view is hugely skewed toward hatred. That means, you talk with emotion and nothing more.

So, please give it a rest already.

1. alternate poet profile image68
              alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You just keep on in there Mike - this is a huge issue that does not benefit from weak responses like 'give it a rest' and try to ignore it. 

Terrorism is directly caused by US (and UK) actions abroad, when a super-power attacks the little guy then the only response he has is what we choose to call 'terrorism'. The biggest real terrorists this decade have been Bush senior and junior and their actions.  The deliberate creation of this problem is so that your government can control YOU.

1. MikeNV profile image67
                MikeNVposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree more.  "Terrorists" are created by the United States Government.

They are the Bully picking on the weak.

Are they creating Russian Terrorists or North Korean Terrorists? Of course not because they carry a big stick and can actually fight back.

The US Government Created "Terrorists" in Afghanistan are already outnumbered 12 to 1.  The US Government is spending $4 Billion a month to "Fight" these self created bad guys in a country that only has a $12 Billion GDP.

You can not legislate belief systems or values or morals.

USA - World Police where they are the only "Right" ones and everyone else had better not get in their way.

The Federal Government is NOT representing the interests of the Citizens of the United States who are not pro war.

The US needs to stay out of other countries business and let them Govern themselves... like they have for 1,000's of years.

2. Arthur Fontes profile image75
                Arthur Fontesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Problem-Reaction=Solution with this I agree.

2. LaMamaLoli profile image61
          LaMamaLoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil I apologise, I meant to post it in reply to his question not to your comment. I

3. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

I believe it is the media and all governments who give every Country a bad name. There are people who think that all Americans are bad when there are so many of us who are also great people. We just let it roll off of our backs because we know better. I have Pakistani friends here in the U.S. so to answer your question, personally not all people from Pakistan are terrorists it is only a group of people that make it horrible on everybody else.

4. leeberttea profile image55
    leebertteaposted 13 years ago

No, not all the Pakistanis, just the Muslims are.

1. profile image0

I totally disagree with you! If you are talking about the talibaan as "muslims" then i'd just like to say that none of us real muslims consider the talibaan as muslims, because the laws hat they enforce are absolutely unislamic.
      And just so you' know, our religion promotes peace, and the so-called muslims who promote violence are not muslims at all.

5. bonnebartron profile image69
    bonnebartronposted 13 years ago

Not just the Muslims.... Islam is a religion, not a terrorist organization! Not all Pakistanis are Terrorists, but that country is plagued with the crazy minority of EXTREMIST MUSLIMS ( Think KKK America, we don't want to be associated with that psycho group, but they do exist here! And just because they claim to be Christian doesn't make it so!) However, it is true, there is a LARGE NUMBER of Pakistani Terrorists....There is one area specifically that has a truly high volume. To be honest,  You denying it, makes it a touch suspicious. I know many people from Pakistan, they do not deny what is going on, they try and raise awareness! Denying is the same as lying. Take that into consideration.

1. profile image0

I dont deny the terrorism fact, but us regular Pakistanis have to share the blame too.
      And as for "just because they claim to be christian doesn't mke them christain", likewise just because the Talibaan (or extremist muslims as you call them) claim to be muslim doesn't make them muslim.
      And i'd like to say that I am not against any religion, and I know that there is no use in fighting over them.
      Regards

6. TMMason profile image59
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

I think the problem with alot of westerners today in regards to thinking all of the Muslims from a country are terrorists, is that the majorities in those countries do not dis-avow the terrorists and thier actions. They cheer them on actually.

The people of those countries jump around in the streets every time a jew kills a palistinian, or someone insults thier suppossed prophet.

What is the rest of the world to think?...

Do you denounce the terrorists? Osama and his ilk, the taliban and Hamas, Hezbollah,etc? Do you denounce the terrorist attacks around the world such as the towers and Bali bombings?

If so, all you who do need to speak up and change the public perception of your countries. Cause it seems to many in the world that alot of your countries not only shelter, but fund and train many future and present terrorists.

Or so it would seem.

1. profile image0

I agree with you, All of this started when Afghans were allowed refuge in our country, but I am an average Pakistani, and I cant really help what the government does, but overall i agree with your point of view.

7. Bilaras profile image85
    Bilarasposted 13 years ago

Dude doesn't matter no matter how hard you try, you'll be able to convince few people then there will be another incident like NY or 911 and every thing will go back to way it was.

Rich people want us the middle class and poor to keep on fighting so they can do business. If world goes at peace what will happen to trillion dollar arms industry.

First there was Afghanistan then there was Iraq then they say Iran has WMD, Pakistan is under process. Somalia and other countries are on the list too. So no matter what you say it will take us American's just one dam night to go back to believing that Pakistan is all about terrorism.

We are all puppets and we are just good at hippity hopping so better do what so do best. "Dance to the music"

1. profile image0

But we Pakistanis are no more terrorists than the Americans. Again, the whole nation is not to be blamed.

8. TMMason profile image59

Yes... just like there could never have been another Pearl Harbor.

Just couldn't happen...

9. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

It does not matter what improves in the world there will always be nutters who get behind one banner or another and try to force their beliefs on everyone else. These "terrorists" are on the whole misguided fools who are being manipulated so that someone else can make a profit! Religion is an excuse and an attempt to justify action not the cause!

Most of these countries are very poor, if the people start to get jobs and earn money and better their lives then they will start to care less and less about religion, the "church" will start to have less and less power and influence over the people and the country. Some do not want this to happen so they try to prevent it with lies and violence so that they can maintain their own little sphere of power!

On the whole most Pakistanis, like most Muslims are peaceful. I am sure we could make many sweeping generalizations about Americans and any other people or religion but they would not be true.

1. profile image0

You have taken the words right out of my mouth smile

10. TMMason profile image59

"Religion is an excuse and an attempt to justify action not the cause!"

When that religion specifically dictates world domination through the sword, "War", and the slaughter of all who do not believe and think as you do.

Then yes, it is a CAUSE.

I am tired of the apologetics for Islam... it is a religion which preaches hate and voilent overthrow of anything not Islamic.

I am tired of the lies about a religion of "Love and Peace" being propagated while the practitioneers of that religion kill and maim as IS commanded by thier god. Islam is and always has been a militant religion based in blood and war.

Stop it already and wake up!

1. LeanMan profile image80
      LeanManposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am from the UK, I am not religious, and I live in Saudi Arabia.. The country is far from perfect but the majority of the people are much like the people from any other country... They are peaceful, happy and just want to get on with their life.. Socially they are inept when it comes to dealing with members of the opposite sex and they have a real problem with drink and drugs, much like any teenager who has been denied access as they have grown, but it does not make them all war mongers!!

There are a few individuals out there who are spouting the crap you refer to but they are the minority not the majority - much like there is a minority like yourself who preach your side of the coin equally as wrongly!!!!

I don't see any god out there preaching to them to go out and kill unbelievers as you claim, however I do see some very misguided people being driven by mad old imams who are afraid to lose their power and crazy warlords who see it as a way to keep control of their lands!

Everyone here in saudi is as much a target of these crazies as there in the west, not long ago there was an attempted assassination by human bomb on one of the princes here by these radical idiots as it is his role to root out these nut jobs...

Stop preaching your hate, take the first step..... or do you want to retaliate before they do?????

1. TMMason profile image59
        TMMasonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes the minority in Saudi Arabia... the ruling class in other words.

Wahabbis are some of the most militant of Islam. You would be hard pressed to find any more literalist and militant doctrine other than ibn Hazm, and his writings.

Sitting in thier own country looking peaceful to you does not impress me. The fact is thier schools are full of hatred of anything not Islamic. Thier children are taught jews eat the flesh and blood of islamic children. They are taught that all other religions and peoples are inferior to islam and the ummah.

You can sit here and play the apologetics all you want. but the hate is Islam's... not mine. While your in Saudi why don't you start preaching a lil christian doctrine, or better yet just start talking about how there is no god.

See where that gets you... I would be interested to hear about the tolrence shown to you for expounding a godless view of the world in Arabia.

Look around... see any churches or synogogues?

Yes... they have a great love for all.

Do you have any idea how hateful Wahhabbbism is to any non-muslim, and to most muslims of other sects?

I don't think you do...

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp? … amp;CATE=1

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/w14.html

Saudi Arabia... is in no way the shining exaple of freedom and tolerance you would llike it to be. That is just not the fact of it...

1. LeanMan profile image80
          LeanManposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No one said it was a shinning example of tolerance and freedom...

No point preaching your hate at me you will not get a reaction from me, your wasting your time... Go back to your little propaganda sites and books and enjoy... Meanwhile I am going to have a great evening enjoying myself with my friends, you be miserable if you want..

Maybe I will see you here in Saudi one day and you can witness reality rather than the little that you have read..

2. profile image0

@TMMason, who said that the government of saudia was "shining example of freedom and tolerance", And you cant blame Islam for what the present government of Saudia enforces.

Please read below... and then the qu'ran. They enforce Islamic Shari'a.

That law is all derived from the qu'ranic injunctions of Allah. So yes... Islam is a brutal hateful religion which opresses and destroys anything not Islamic.

Thats all in the Qu'ran stall.

Have a good read.

Oh and the Suadi thing was in answer to lean I believe, not you. but thats fine.

2. profile image0

And TMMason, You cannot blame Islam for what lies these imams(as LeanMan said) preach.

My day has been and will be fine lean. I am not the one in an Islamic country playing the odds.

Stall... Would you like me to show you the Qu'ran?... ALLAH dictates that Islam must over-throw the world, not the imams.

lololhahaha

Just like an apologists..."oh you hate they don't thats it no discussiion."

Please... The qu'ran is packed full of hate from cover to cover. Jihad as physical warfare features prominently in the earliest Islamic writings. The Quran alone contains many, at least 100, verses about it.

Oh.. let see what the Pakistani's have to say about Jihad and the qu'ran...

Pakistani Brigadier S.K. Malik, a Muslim, points out that “the Quranic injunctions cover the causes and object of war; its nature and characteristics; limits and extents; dimensions and restraints.

”The Quran even goes into strategy and tactics, and critiques some Muslim battles.

Taken at face value, the verses in the Quran about warfare seem ambiguous and contradictory. In some places, for example, the Quran urges Muhammad and Muslims to confront opposition with patience and persuasion. These have been called “Verses of Forgiveness and Pardon”

Invite (all) to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His path, and who receive guidance. (16:125)

Nor can goodness and evil be equal. Repel (evil) with what is better. (41:34)

In other places, it gives them permission to engage in retaliatory or defensive fighting:

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged—and verily, God is most powerful for their aid—(They are) those who have been expelled from their homes in defiance of right (for no cause) except that they say, “our Lord is God.” (22:39-40a)

In yet other places, the Quran seems to command offensive warfare against unbelievers:

Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But God knoweth, and ye know not. (2:216)

But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them: for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. (9:5)

Fight those who believe not in God nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book (Christians and Jews), until they pay the jizya [tribute] with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. (9:29).

It doesn't matter though how many times, or what the quran said before the recitation of the verse of the sword, as the Sword Verses 9:5 and 9:29, were considered by Muslim scholars to have cancelled the previous verses mandating kindness and persuasion.

"Naskh", abbrogation, the obliteration of one command of allah for another makes the arguments null... War! is Islam's main doctrine,... expansionist jihad became the explicit norm.

And is to this day.

The apologists can sling all the lies they want about peace and love... Islam is subjugation and death. The name alone sums it up... Islam, "Submission". Ask any muslim... we are not the children of God. We are his slaves... and that is the mentallity of Islam.

There is no denying it.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

You can find all kinds of crazy stuff in the Bible as well and statements by Evangelical Christians every bit as hateful and ridiculous as some of the Imams.

2. profile image0

@TMMason, I'm doing a little research on the Quranic verses that you posted, and I'l prove to you that these verses are not as you are potraying them to be.

3. profile image0

@TMMason, u myt wanna check out this link
          http://www.themodernreligion.com/terror … erses1.htm

11. LeanMan profile image80

TMMason, you are such a lovely tolerant guy, just had a look at your hubs.... only six to preach hate... just like you accuse the muslims of doing....

People like you are the reason why there will never be peace in this world..........

Goodnight....

No.. it is people like you who deny the truth of a thing, in order not to offend your lil sensablitties, who are leading us to the slaughter.

12. myownworld profile image72
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

Even a child in paksitan knows that the Taliban were created and trained by American CIA (dictating pakistani ISI) to fight against the Russians in Afghanistan. (At that time, they were called 'mujahideen' instead of taliban); It's a monster they created and now they've grown too big for them to control themselves.

Pakistanis were - and majority today still are - a very moderate nation; their basic cultural roots are Indian, not middle eastern at all, but thanks to the Afghanistan war, the refugees spilling into pakistani borders as well as the Taliban training camps, they've been forced into this war and it's taking the whole country down! You see, that's why I hate these wars: they don't end with the country you start the spark in; the fire spreads and engulfs beyond it's borders into other nations and the repercussions impact generations to come!

1. profile image0

Exactly!!! I pretty sure that you are from Pakistan.smile

13. aware profile image68
    awareposted 13 years ago

some are tho

1. myownworld profile image72
      myownworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know... but 'some' is no reason for generalizations. Same as calling all muslims terrorists, when many are just regular moderate people. Not that I blame anyone for thinking so: I blame moderate muslims in fact for not speaking out enough...

I agree with you 100% about moderate muslims. They truly, if they do indeed exist, need to speak out.

Other-wise you have as you do. Everyone condemning the whole country for the action of a supossed few. But I think the moderates are the minority in most Islamic countries.

And that is a shame.

I know... can't believe we finally agree on something....
          see, there's hope for the world....!   smile

1. profile image0

Well i am fifteen year old moderate muslim girl, and I am trying to speak up! Its a start smile

Thank you for your efforts, Stall.

Yes MOW, there is always hope.

14. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 13 years ago

Any Pakistani can satisfy himself by saying that they are not terrorists. It is like hiding a big pumpkin in a plate of rice. Why not you arrest Binladen from your country? Why not you punish those engaged in Mumbai terrorism? Why do you mix religion with terrorism? Are not the blasters of twin towers Pakistanis?

But Pakistan is not to be blamed. It is America.... it is America to be blamed. Because they are aiding Pakistan to 90% of total budget of Pakistan. If American aid stops, Pakistan's terrorism will not exist. Aiding, abetting, supporting terrorists are not different from being terrorists themselves.

1. profile image0

Sir there is no proof that BinLaden is in our country, and i dont really think he is! And I am not denying that there are some terrorist agencies in Pakistan, but my blanket statement meant that, Pakistanis all over the world are considered as terrorists, even regular citizens. And i wanted to stand up against that!

Oh we know where Osama is Stall..

They are not foolin us...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jonah/obama-looks-like-osama

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Only a minority of terrorists are from Pakistan, and the prejudice against them as individuals is unfair and inaccurate. As I recall the 9-11 bombers were all from Saudi Arabia. Terrorism is spreading and worrisome to everyone. And how to stop it is not at all clear.

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

Just because there is no proof, it cant be denied. When the proof for Mumbai terrorist Ajmal Kasab's Pakistani origin was informed to Pakistani authorities, they immediately erased all proofs even in voter-lists and other records. If this is the case, pretending to be honest will satisfy no one.

Even if a minority  of terrorists are from Pakistan, the Govt. should take effective step to root them out. (If they are majority, they would have formed their own Govt., as Pakistan is a democracy.)

Even if the 9/11 terrorists are from Saudi Arabia, they entered Pakistan first after the crime and then went somewhere, may beato join Saudi born Mr.Bin.

Even after all these accusations, I have a special interest in Pakistani peoples' welfare, because, they were once Indians, they fought for independence jointly against British. It is British mischief that divided us. It is American mischier that keeps Pakistan separate from India. We are all one. Americans and Britishers are aliens to both of us.

1. profile image0

It is wrong to accuse without proof.
            And about your last point, i totally agree that India and Pakistan have the same origin, culture and traditions and they are practically the same nation, and the little tension between the two countries should end!

2. Sab Oh profile image56
            Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pakistan is NOT going to join India no matter how badly you may want it to. Not by diplomacy and not by the gun, so let it go.

1. profile image0

I certainly dont want it to join India. We didnt get a separate country for nothing. I just want to see peace between the two countries.

2. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

Certainly your opinion is not necessary for the two countries to join. Either by gun or by diplomacy. Better by diplomacy.

Pakistan's PM openly says that he wants Kashmir, which is an Indian State. Like that, we want Pakistan, to complete the process of decolonisation.

1. profile image0

Kashmir is not necessarily an Indian state. At the time of partition, India's first governor general was Lord MountBatten, whereas Pakistan's first governor general was M.A.Jinnah himself. This angered MountBatten due to which he deprived Pakistan of some areas which were originally meant for Pakistan, such as, Junagarh, Pathankot, Gurdaspur, Amritsar, Kashmir etc. by pressurising Sir Cyril Radcliffe who was in charge of  the partition plan.
                Anyway, I am neutral in these sort of matters, and in my opinion, the people of Kashmir should be given the right to decide to decide whether they want to be a part of India, Pakistan, or they want Kashmir to be a separate country. It should be neither Pakistan's nor India's decision to make.
                By the way, this is not exactly helping "the peace between the two countries" thing.

2. Sab Oh profile image56
                Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Certainly your opinion is not necessary for the two countries to join. Either by gun or by diplomacy. Better by diplomacy. "

It's not going to happen regardless of my opinion or yours. Why don't you go write a hub about it?

1. profile image0

Lol big_smile

15. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

@ Venugopal

"We are all one." Wow, you are really ignorant of Indian and Pakistani history for you to say that.  But you can't be ignorant since you write English quite well. You have no hubs which leads me to believe that you are a sockpuppet and you're just trashing the US and the West because you have some kind of agenda. Okay, I get it now. See ya.

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

Indian history dates back to thousands of years and you have to read them all. If you read them thoroughly,  you will come out of your shell and see that there was only one country India before 1947. At least for the last 1946 years, there was no Pakistan. It is a  western made bubble, ready to explode.

For mysake, please read the full histroy of India from the early ages of Mohenjodaro and Harappa. Or at least from Budha, or at least from the entry of Alexander of Greece.

Having no hubs is not a crime. "When I tried it, the concerned moderators flagged them saying that they have no pictorial support, as if Bible, Quran and Gita are supported by pictures. They do not want me to write the splendours of India. They are content with something else. They allow filthy accusations if one differs from their opinion. But I cant change my opinion, because, it is the best.

1. profile image0

You repeatedly say that you have a special interest in Pakistan, yet you clearly express your hatred for it as well. And i'd like to say that while reading the history of India, the freedom movement (which began after the world war I)

2. BlackSun profile image61
        BlackSunposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@ Venugopal : Umm...you are talking about the history of India? Well For your  information India was never one country before the british came. The civilization of Mohen Jo Daro & Harrapa was restricted to the area that is now Punjab & Sindh. Buddha was not a ruler, only a preacher. Alexander never got past westwern Punjab. the Only rulers who even got close to uniting the whole India (now Pakistan,India,Bangladesh) were Asoka & Akbar. Get your facts straight.

1. pisean282311 profile image63
          pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@Blacksun ...you are right..ashoka and akbar only were two emperors who almost united India..

16. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I know and have met many lovely Pakistanis

The problem is that the political situation in Pakistan allows extremist groups and an extremist mentality to grow, and as such it is difficult for the sane majority to suppress and root out such groups.

As I stated... the world at this point... alot Americans I know at least, think maybe the fanatics are the majority.

And there is not much if any evidence to the contrary.

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that's because the majority don't go around blowing up things and draw attention to themselves. As our understanding of that part of the world is so limited, the impressions we get of the minority of fanatics serve to paint a misleading picture of the reality over there.

If Pakistan's nearly 170 million citizen were all terrorists (or if even a quater of them were), can you imagine what kind of damage they would have inflicted by now?

It is more because the moderates are such a minority in that country, and the non-muslims have no right to speak out.

Dhimmi's do not have a right to critisize the Govt... or the actions of Muslims under shari'a.

It could get you killed real quick in Pakistan.

Under Shari'a and the Qu'ran all muslims must wage Jihad against the non-believers and the Dar Al'Harb. But only a fraction of the Islamic ummah have to take up armed jihad to satify the commands of allah regarding Jihad.

The rest of the Community simply has to support it in the struggle, from the zakat to support the Muhajideen, to the Propaganda of the Islamic Imams and clerics who supprt Jihad through Isjihad.

So to say it is cause the majority doesn't blow stuff up is a lil wrong.

The majority simply chooses not to decry and rail against it.

1. Greek One profile image63
            Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i agree but i dont think it is that it is because the moderates are a minority.. rather it is because the extremist minorty is so violent and threatening

2. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

I have already said that terrorists are a minority in Pakistan. If they were majority, they would have formed their own government, as Pakistan is a democracy.

17. myownworld profile image72
    myownworldposted 13 years ago

I have been traveling around south asia extensively (journalistic projects) and I find all these generalizations ridiculous! Trust me, you couldn't be further from truth and have to stop believing/relying on what the media only projects.

Let me give you the real picture:
    - Most Pakistani's are fed up of this terrorism. It's own people in all major cities are the target of terrorism and have little support for Taliban.
    - The majority are very moderate people, who just want to be left alone and don't go around planning attacks on every non muslim around...
    - Indians and Pakistanis are very similar people, and unlike what 'someone' has implied above, MOST of them don't hate each other either, NOR the british or americans... another stereotypical notion!
    - The local media in Pakistan is very open and there are COUNTLESS talk shows aired by journalists, with debates constantly going on where the moderates express their opinions. So, no you will not be beheaded or put to death for voicing opinions like these....

Lastly, I don't want to promote my own hub, but here are some pictures I took from my latest visit there: they speak louder than words of how the average man is surviving in that country:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/pakistan-pictures

1. profile image0
      Non-offensiveUserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey I've known MOW on here for a while now, and she hasn't tried to kill me a single time.  That's all I have to say about that.

2. profile image0

Hats off to your research smile

3. profile image0

@MOW, I just had a look at that hub Of yours, and i really want to thank you for it.smile By the way, That market in your photos is Liberty Market of Lahore, right? big_smile

4. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

For a foreigner like you, they would have given good hospitality. But Indians know who Pakistanis are. The present Prime Minister of India, the leader of opposition LK Advani, former PM Vajpayee were all born in Pakistani territory, then India. Do you know why they came to India? There was an exodus of Hindus from Pakistan during independence. Majority of the fleeing people were killed there itself. (Please read "Train to Pakistan" by Kushwant sing). The present Pakistani people are the descendents of the perpetrators of those crimes.

Even after independence, they carried out large-scale genocide in Bangladesh in 1971. Only after utter and humiliating defeat in 1971, Pakistan invites India for "dialogue"... If they get another chance, they will certainly show their original face again.

1. profile image0

You really don't know much about the history of Pakistan, do you!(No Offence)

2. profile image0

You said that Indians and Pakistanis used to be one nation, and that you have a a special interest in Pakistan, but now you say that Indians know the real face of Pakistan. May I ask how you know so much about Pakistan when you have not even been here.
               And about the train to Pakistan thing, I hope you know about the large scale massacre of the Muslims migrating to Pakistan at the time of Partition. Trains full of dead bodies used to come to Pakistan with 'Eid gift to Pakistan' written with blood on them(Eid was just a few days away). As soon as Pakistan was created, Muslims living in Indian territory were burned down in their houses. And please do read about Congress Raj(1935-1937) and the war of 1948, and state of affairs in Pakistan right after it was created. That will clear everything.

3. profile image0

And you really dont want peace between the two countries. do you!

4. profile image0

What happened in the past cannot be changed. I think, we should move on now and promote peace, and not repeat what happened before.

5. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@myownworld... you are quite right..majority of Indians and Pakistanis are similar type of human beings who want better life for themselves , their families..i hope in 20 years down the line , we would see good relationship between two neighbors...

1. profile image0

Exactly, I hope so too, but sooner smile

18. maheshpatwal profile image65
    maheshpatwalposted 13 years ago

Because of the involvement of one of the person or few of them in terrorists activity we can not label the whole of a community or nation as a terrorist nation or community.

Exactly, and I'm sure it's the same in places like Afghanistan and Iraq etc... the extremists giving a bad name to all!

@ NU thx...and I don't plan on blowing myself up either! wink

@ stall... you rock girl!

1. profile image0

Thanx, you too, you really helped me out here smile

19. LeanMan profile image80

Just because one western idiot talks like a complete nutter does not make all westerners nutters....

20. teksan profile image61
    teksanposted 13 years ago

I am very surprised and happy with stallion as well as myownworld's views.Sure there is hope ,I believe majority of youth in India also thinks in constructive manner and is fed up of awful politics between two countries!

1. profile image0

Exactly! Nice to see someone sharing our opinion smile

2. myownworld profile image72

smile Too many stereo typical beliefs created by the myopic vision the media gives and how willing people are to believe it as 'the last word'.  There is nothing more eye opening than actually traveling to these regions, talking to people and finding the truth for yourself! The reality will surprise you....

edit: Stall, you have your first follower in me... pakistan needs more people like you to speak up! Take care... smile

21. LeanMan profile image80

Where I work there are a number of Indians and Pakistanis all working together in one department, they socialise together, eat together and generally are very friendly with each other.. What's the problem?? Most people, if allowed to, get on with each other.. always a minority in any situation that causes the problems!

22. TMMason profile image59

Ahh... to be so lost in a Utopian world of apologetics and progressive liberal imaginary peace and brotherhood of all men throughout the world.

It would be nice... but we live in the real world.

1. profile image0

Well actually, in the real world Indians and Pakistan do get along with each other, at least the youth.

23. Mr,Motivated profile image61
    Mr,Motivatedposted 13 years ago

Whilst it may be a fact that there are alot of terriost organisations in Pakistan, It doesnt mean the whole country are terriost, Iam sure the majority want peace and are just as much against terriosm as anyone else. Iam from England,I was born here and lived here all my life, but i still feel that English people and people all across the world are way to judgemental and stereo typical.

Give me a plane full of 300 Pakistanis and I would quite happily board it and travel, I wouldnt have any more worries than I would in a plane of 300 Welsh people!

I hope my views have contributed somewhat.

By Mr, Motivated
    Thanx for stopping by.

1. profile image0

Exactly my point, dude smile but i like the way you put it smile

1. Mr,Motivated profile image61
        Mr,Motivatedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanx, just putting my opinion out there, happy to help.

By Mr, Motivated
        Thanx for stopping by.

24. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 13 years ago

Five Americans have been sentenced to at least 10 years each in prison after being found guilty of terror charges by a Pakistani court. Five Americans have been sentenced to at least 10 years each in prison after being found guilty of terror charges by a Pakistani court.

The five young Muslims from the Washington DC area were arrested in Pakistan in December after their families reported them missing.

1. profile image0

Yeh, pretty upset about that too, I just saw the news!

25. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

Pakistanis are not terrorists.... I hope it is true, at least in my dreams.

26. profile image0
    ShadowKing!posted 13 years ago

Saying Pakistanis are not terrorists is equal to saying Americans are not terrorists, or Native Americans are not terrorists, or Iranians are not terrorists, etc. No one person, nor even a small group of people can speak for ALL individuals of their race or nationality. There is at least one terrorist in every nationality, ethnicity, and race. Simply, perhaps the "majority" of Pakistanis aren't terrorists. But going exclusive with "no Pakistani" is a terrorist, well, that's plum ignorant.

27. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

Terrorism stems from the inability to fulfil ambitions of a person or a group, which is against the majority people. If a group is majority in their country, they need not be terrorists and all their wishes will be fulfilled by that government. Only when one group wishes to do a thing against the majority, the government will turn down their demands and they become terrorists.

But the notion that "majority of Pakistanis are not terrorists" is wrong. That country's Prime Minister and others openly advocate and support terrorists, which means all are terrorists against India. They may treat others well, but they treat India as their enemy and take every opportunity to terrify the people here. Terroritsts acting against 1.1 billion people is not a common thing. It is doomed to have its own repercussions. India, particularly Indians are famous for perseverance, but also famous for destroying the evils.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)