The "Elite" -Is this a good title for HP volunteers?

Jump to Last Post 101-120 of 120 discussions (532 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 12 years ago

Rut Ro!

2. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

I am left wondering why this debate did not take place when the word was first given to the role. I think it was commented upon like the change to the word followers was and then it all just faded out until now.

If the 'elite' role or whatever you call it is unpaid and as I understand it unrewarded, if they all resign who will step up and take their place? Not me, that much I know. Even helping new hubbers in forum posts gets repetitive and it is made OK because you can pick and choose when you answer the same question repeatedly.

HubPages selected the title for whatever reason, good or bad choice, as I see it they are the only ones with the power to change it.

If all this has been said earlier in the thread - sorry as I do not have the time to read it through from start to finish.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

Will Apse, great post! The more of the really experienced, wise members that post here, the better for everyone's education. At least for mine.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
      PaulGoodman67posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Will Apse - the Wise Old Man of HubPages!?!?  He was many people's Whipping Boy when I began here.  :-)

I would agree with you that most of what he says is sound, however.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the insights.

4. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

It's exactly the behaviourist elements: fancy virtual badges, flattering but inaccurate titles, broadcasts of the number of followers and the meaningless numerical scores that I find so pathetic about this site. It makes all of us writing here look not only like rank amateurs but also like primary schoolchildren, all fighting to get their gold stars from teacher.

I really do feel that each individual participating here should have the right to hide every last bit of this stupidity on their own profiles and hubs if they so wish, in order to present a more professional view to the outside world. In the end, it is the outside world that matters with respect to views and earnings, not the infantile social networking nonsense that is being flogged to death here.

I do hide the accolades on my public profile as a gesture that I want nothing to do with such competitive c__p. Before anyone accuses me of doing this because I have none, I have eleven of the things at the moment.

1. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

2099 posts? I think you might be a little hooked.

1. WriteAngled profile image74
        WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My main job is translation, which can be mentally demanding. At times, when dealing with material that fries my brain badly, I need to take a break every 30 minutes or so. I tend to surf randomly, play a quick game, or pop in here and look at a few messages.

2100 posts over 2 years averages out just under three posts a day: no big deal considereing I have a lot of breaks, especially during the times I work 18+ hours a day to meet tight deadlines. The forums are broad enough in subject matter to provide a variety of amusements.

1. thejeffriestube profile image60
          thejeffriestubeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"a variety of amusements"

That's the understatement of the century! LOL

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Rubbish. Anyone who works on their computer, seriously. Will look for distractions when they need a break from really having to "think"

1. Pcunix profile image92
          Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sure.  See how distracted I am?  Almost 10k worth of distraction smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree, I find those things completely useless. Just like how many followers you have; I appreciate that people follow me and might be interested in what I write but in the grand scheme of things it really does not mean anything outside of the site. I hide my accolades too. I joined this site to write and nothing more.

3. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree with you. I don't hide my accolades for the same reason that you do.
      I'm so not interested in them, I can't even be bothered going too look to see how to hide them, they mean nothing at the end of the day.

All that really counts here is traffic and earnings, neither of which I have at the moment, so I hang around forums instead....

4. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WriteAngled. Actually, I think it's a sickness brought on by the loss of community, the fast pace of life, and manipulation by the powers that be. A few days ago, there was an article that the 20% of facebook users who drove the site did so for self-esteem.

When I was a kid growing up, I was already writing. Nobody published a bio of me (or any other writer). And if there was any sort of response, it went to the editor, not to the writer. I was actively discouraged from becoming a writer because it wasn't very highly thought of. These days, everybody wants to be a writer because they want the acclaim.

Business knows this. Web business knows it best. They award stars and accolades because it costs nothing. They encourage people on their sites to speak to each other because it increases 'stickiness.' Stickiness is an SEO term that means people will remain on your site for a longer time. Forums and games are great for stickiness.

With regard to followers, maybe a handful actually read what one writes. For the most part, they don't. It's just another way of adding followers for oneself. Hopefully, these people reason, if they add you, you'll add them. If you think about it, nobody has time to read the thousands of people they follow so it's all a sham, anyway.

Well, every day and sort "Hubbers you are following" by Recent Hubs.  I don't necessarily read every one, but I read at least half and sometimes more.  Whether I read depends on the title, of course - one things don't interest me and some I'm just not in the mood or today.

But I don't follow thousands, so I'm not really disagreeing with you at all.

5. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well said ,many aspects of Hubpages ,like accolades and badges make it look like just an internet club ,where some people might write a few articles now n then.

I agree ,like Girls Scouts wink

5. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

The accolade thing.  Is there any possibility that they might encourage a casual visitor, either internal or externmal to read more?  If they are checking your profile page they can see...

1. The blurb you put up there about how good a writer you are
    2. A variety of links either saying "join HP like me and make a fortune" or "here's a load of my stuff".
    3. Accolades.
    4. Assorted advertising, links and other things that don't help.

So. Is it better to leave them, just in case?

I wish we could put up some pictures on our profile page.

I definitely look at accolades when deciding whether to follow.  They are not a major part  of my decision, but they help give me a picture.

Not in your case, though.  You supplied the picture and that was enough smile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ah well, when you followed I don't think I had any accolades. I'll go check your 'signing up' date - I keep them all in a little folder.

1. profile image0
          Sophia Angeliqueposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pcunix really makes me laugh sometimes! He's the least likely to follow as a result of accolades and pictures! smile

True, but as I said, I do use those other things to get a fuller picture.

For example, Mark won a Hubbie.  That is significant.  I look for that 'Popular among readers" and "Engaging"  - if they don't have those, I'd wonder why.

Of course,  primarily I am looking for things I want to read.  The other stuff is just helpful.

6. Ardie profile image80
    Ardieposted 12 years ago

Mark Ewbie is the best smile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey, and that's from an Elite!

Read it and weep.

Sorry. I seem to be particularly up myself this morning.

7. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
    DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years ago

Woot, woot for Mark!

8. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 12 years ago

Hey. I'm not that old. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind being wise. It might come...

As to being a whipping boy...

I was just the messenger bringing the bad news that the days of dinosaur SEO were over. Nobody likes being told they are soon going to be extinct.

They most DEFINITELy did not like that.. 

smile

9. Neil Horton profile image59
    Neil Hortonposted 12 years ago

As well as the censorsed keywords used in your hub...including HPs own words from their TOS

10. phillippeengel profile image81
    phillippeengelposted 12 years ago

I think awarding Hubbers with accolades is a way to ensure meritocracy. There are opportunities for everyone to be promoted. Whether you are promoted or not, it all depends on your determination and confidence.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Promoted to what.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
        PaulGoodman67posted 12 years agoin reply to this

After reading through some of the comments on here, one comes away with the definite impression that some/many hubbers genuinely think that "elite" is some sort of superior rank on here, rather than just a nice name for the unpaid volunteers/greeters. 

I think that's just about the only piece of "HubPages knowledge" that I've learnt from this thread, however!  ;-)

1. Will Apse profile image89
          Will Apseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is an issue of Hubpages management miscalculating the reactions of writers here. The use of the 'Elite title' is just one example. Another thing recently was the reaction to the flagship hubs stats.

That data was interesting and valuable but it was presented in a way that allowed for misreading and criticism.

Whoever packages this kind of stuff needs to bear in mind that there are plenty of dissatisfied users here after Panda.

All the writer had to do when presenting the flagship hubs data was to begin with something like 'Not every subject warrants 1500 words but those that do can be very profitable'

One thing for sure. Hubpages staff writers would never get by in politics.

Having said that, the accolades do their job for most people and are encouraging at the beginning. If you are being manipulated, at least you are being manipulated in the right direction.

Another example would be the Amazon bit.. I wonder where that is now..

2. Pearldiver profile image66
          Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well clearly one shouldn't always believe what one perceives to have 'learned!'

Realistically, I don't believe the OP started this thread for educational or for sniping purposes, do you? sad

Sadly in a Community Thread there's nothing constructive or positive about banning an intelligent OP and then others degrading the thread with negative off subject and snide remarks! Sadly, it happens too often to be considered random! sad

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
            SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

really?...banned?....that's just ridiculous...sad

...mornin' PD....

3. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Well just call them 'nice people' then lol

11. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

Pearldiver, you have been doing an excellent job on this thread. As did Randy Godwin. Forceful advocates, both of you.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Goodness Snakes alive!!!  Now, where were we?  LOL!

Sorry about the missing snake smile, it's now taboo!  LOL!

...what?... no more snake smile?....that's you!....argh!....

Apparently so.  I finally asked for an explanation as to the reason for my 4 week ban and just received word it was a mistake.   But they also said any emoticons which link to another site is against the TOS.  I've asked for clarification on this so I'll let everyone know what I find out.  Dullsville apparently!

oooOOO0000000o(smile-<

1. Michael Willis profile image68
            Michael Willisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hm, I see images liked all the time in the forums. They should POST that it is wrong so we will not link to them. Is it the same now for articles, information???

I don't know yet, Michael.  They say because the smilie emoticon I use is a link to smilies.com, or whatever it is, is still a link to another site.  Using this logic, I suppose any link to another site cannot be used on the forums. I've asked for further info on this and I'll be sure to fill everyone in when they respond to my query. 

oooOOO0000000o(:>-<

...darn!...no more music...no more gifs...no more avatars for some...

Apparently! roll

oooOOO00000000:>-<

2. Repairguy47 profile image61
            Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

They told me the same thing, a mistake, they seem to make a lot of mistakes.

Yes, I do believe they are human despite some folk's feelings to the contrary.

3. Pcunix profile image92

It makes sense because it's a signature with a link - even if not intended to be that.

It doesn't mean you can't make an appropriate non-promotional link - if that's what they wanted, they'd just kill all linking ability.

Yep, funny how it took them 2 years to notice my emoticon and having it coincide with my reinstatement from the ban tells enough about those who banned me to begin with.  I feel sympathy for them.

ooooo00000OOOOOOOO:-<

I don't want to believe that there are vindictive and petty staff members.  I'm not saying it isn't possible, but I choose to believe otherwise for my own contentment - you might call that one of my my religious beliefs smile

Are you suggesting they may not actually be human?  smile

SSSSSS-<

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Welcome back Randy smile

In effect you probably took it up the ....proverbial for a few other people,made an example of and all that jazz.

Gosh remember that time I asked about emoticons (months ago now) , I was flying them all over the forum, harmless fun. Geeze there are good links and bad links.

I get it ,no links,and no personal attacks..( It must be an American quip,cuz went right of my head)

,well Im thinking of making a group booking,anyone want to sign up.

Sorry the 'e''s come after the 'b's lol

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/1636835.jpg

No thanks on the booking EK, I don't have any pants that tight!  Of course, they would probably get a bit tighter in the rear on the way down!  yikes

cccssssoooo00000OOOOSSSSSO-<

2. Michael Willis profile image68
        Michael Willisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Welcome Back!!!

Thanks Michael!  I suppose it's a good thing I finally contacted the mods about my ban or I'd be gone for a month!  smile

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image76
            LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Welcome back, you know you started quite a stir with this forum post. But good articulation has yielded a bountiful plethora of confabulations.....Don't ask I just felt intelligent for as second......but just for a second.....wink

Thanks, Luis!  Don't trust your feelings!  lol

12. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 12 years ago

Does seem odd when all this time you have had the snake avatar in forum post and not until This thread it is an issue. Just sayin...

A coincidence I'm sure!  yikes

oooOOO00000000(:>-<

13. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 12 years ago

I had stayed out of the forums for a while just to get a break from the fuss and inconsistencies I was seeing towards members. Maybe it is time to stay away again.
    People ask where hubbers have gone, well...I can see why they are not around anymore.

I understand, Michael.  I suppose free exchange of ideas on a writer's site is getting to be too much to ask for here on HP.  When it gets to where you cannot depend on the real meaning of words anymore it sorta cramps a writer's style.  I don't know, perhaps they only desire those who will merely accept whatever is floated their way.  Time will surely tell!  smile

2. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
      DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Careful, you're cruising for another ban again, Mr. Godwin! Now look at the hornet's nest you stirred up. Now ain't you 'shamed! wink

Having an equal, as well as openly discussed community is always worth a ban, DIY!  smile  (are you used to wearing shoes yet?)

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
          DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Of course, check out my hubs...once I started wearing them, only the best shoes for me, Randy!  P.S. Glad you're back and I also am a firm believer of freedom of speech.  I believe that's one of the things our country was based on...or was it? smile

Good for you, DIY!  Freedom of speech is wonderful, I'm told!  smile

ooooOOOSSSSSSSS(smile-<

14. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

Are we still talking about this?
    Or just welcoming Randy back from his non-ban?
    Welcome back, Randy. I'm glad it wasn't a real ban.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ditto on the mistaken ban thingie.

Thanks Holle! 

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

Still talking about this, MM!smile  Got a lot of catching up to do!  (I'll never like your "e" but please don't take it personally) Thanks for the "welcome back"!  smile  I suppose we're stuck with these dull little emoticons now! yikes

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
        Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Randy,
        I've asked to have my "e" changed to "x" but no official response yet.
        Stay tuned!

LOL!  That would be a great letter for the "Extra" effort you guys go to, MM!  smile

2. habee profile image92
          habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm starting to get worried about you, MM. First you tell me you're a super freak, and now you want to be x-rated.

15. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

Elite is a strange word, it usually is given to people in circles around here, of people who do a lot of hard work and dont get paid for it.... I could think of other words, but it is up to everyone......

16. TamCor profile image82
    TamCorposted 12 years ago

Wow--look what I missed, not checking out the forums last night... smile

Welcome back Randy--So glad it was all a "mistake"... roll

At least they owned up to it, right? big_smile

Thanks so much for the "welcome back" TamCor!  I appreciate everyone supporting me on this thread.  Yes, they "owned up to it".  They said :

"We apologize for mistakenly banning you from the Forums.  Your Forum
      privileges have been restored."

Now my snake smilie has been banned!  Go figure! lol

17. Karanda profile image79
    Karandaposted 12 years ago

Welcome back Randy, but it's not the same without the snake smiley face. Is that really you? Perhaps you could do a screen capture and sign off with that that way there would be no link to another site. Good to have you back and ready to chat about the 'e' symbol or anything else that gets us thinking!

From the start this has been a great forum discussion and I look forward to many more! Smiley face, and maybe a laughing one too but I can't remember how to do that at the moment.

Thanks Karanda!  Yep, I suppose they had to ban something so my emoticon was free game!  Seems a bit petty since I've used it for so long but they make the rules!  We don't have to like them, though!  smile

Imagine a snake here!

I could more easily do that if it were

Imaginsssse a sssnake heeeeere!

2. Karanda profile image79
        Karandaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Got the picture of a snake, I've read many of your posts so the memory is still fresh. It was green with a smiley face.

Well, I suppose I'll have to put my real face on my avatar now.  That'll teach 'em!  lol

SSSSS

3. profile image60
        logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's what I tell all the girls, imagine a snake here! smile

lol

SSSS

18. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Good to see that you finished writing your lines early in the bad boy corner Randy! smile

This has been an interesting pre Super Bowl play... I guess the last time that I got banned recently without any forthcoming reason was a mistake as well? sad

Wanna use this one as a 'Bad Ban Club Logo' Randy?

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6144481.jpg

Oh yeah... may I suggest that it isn't used for tongue-in-cheek comments? smile

Thanks for your loyalty, PD!  If it weren't for people like you and others here it wouldn't be worth trying to have a good community of writers.  Thanks too for the offer of the "Signature ban logo" as it does send a certain message! smile

19. Chatkath profile image72
    Chatkathposted 12 years ago

Sorry to change the tone here, I am glad to see that conversation has lightened up but I do want to contribute my 2 cents on the hub greeter title topic so......I have had the opportunity to greet new hubbers for months now and I volunteered to do this because I enjoy it - the "elite title" and the fact that it bothers people is unfortunate! There are so many, much more important things to use our energy on, like laughing... I personally do not care what the official greeter title is, however cliche this may sound, I wanted to greet because I had a very positive experience when I was new and someone reached out to me, which encouraged me to hang around for while. I simply wanted to give back. In any community, there are always going to be those who misuse what they perceive as power, however I have never witnessed any of that since I have been on HP (not to say that it hasn't happened). The only advice I have ever given in my welcoming efforts was to visit the forums and/or the help pages and I thought that was standard.
    Enough about that, whatever the greeter title is, so be it! Enjoyed the chat!

Thanks for your input, Chatkath.  As I stated in the opening post, I don't have a problem if people want to give a business free labor for whatever reason they wish.  And I also understand why a business would want to attract free labor simply by offering presumptuous and flattering titles. 

I don't blame them, if I could get a guy to cut my grass free by calling him King of the World then I would do so.  Of course, he really wouldn't be king of the world, but I'd still get my grass cut free and he'd feel as though he had my respect.  But he would be wrong.  smile

"the "elite title" and the fact that it bothers people is unfortunate!" 

This sounds as though someone reached into a hat and pulled out the title. And fortunately for you guys no one pulled out the hat size or you would be called the Size Twelves's now!

I don't think you guys have any power to abuse if the duties are what is claimed.  smile   It probably helps getting followers though.  Try doing that looking like a snake all of the time. lol

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Whatever rocks ya boat is ok with me, and I have never laughed so much trust me smile

But I still think Randy should get his snake back, I once had my barbie eraser confiscated and I still feel singled out, there will no commercial products or name brands was the official letter lol wahh..

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wondered what the story with the snake was.lol

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Oh its not allowed to be linked backed to anything Para wink

But ya know what Randy just create your own slithery thing in photoshop or paint smile then it belongs to you -rght?

20. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Hey, Randy. This one is probably legal. Clear it first with HP though!!!

http://www.hampton.gov/publicworks/imag … e_icon.gif

http://www.hampton.gov/publicworks/mosquito/

http://www.hampton.gov/publicworks/images/snake_icon.gif

Thanks Para, but it's hard enough to communicate with them about important subjects.  I'll make do.  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)