Should man rule over women for women’s own good?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (43 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Greatest I amposted 11 years ago

Should man rule over women for women’s own good?

Scriptures, and other myth’s, say that God determined that men should rule over women. This gives form, --- in a demographic sense, ---- to our common and society, and says that our demographic pyramid should have a hierarchical shape and or form. This initiates tension and has God demonizing woman, as well as any notion of female equality with man.

His motive must be for the good of women. Somehow!
    After all, sanctity of the family is one of the main points of morality.

God was arguably right for his time. Think in the barbaric way. Below the belt. Thank God that time is almost past. Women in our modern world do not need man’s dubious ape like help. I hope you agree. Be honest now with yourself be you male or female.

Men have dominated women long enough I think. To give them equality would be justice.

What do you think?
    What would real men do?
    What would real women demand?
    Do men and women have what it takes to be free?

Justice under law should be gender and age neutral, with limits, but with a good spirit of assuring equality. We do not administer that justice.  We only give it lip service. Men are not walking their talk. Neither are women.

In Gods timocracy, a place of government in which love of honor is the ruling principle. All honors go to the Queen and her children. A king’s first responsibility is to insure the veneration of his queen. Honor demands it. He accepts this burden and pleasure wisely. The Queen, as the Beta archetype is the life of the kingdom. The archetypal king’s duty is to raise woman’s position. That means that all men have the same duty. That of not denying women equality and elevating her.

Men. Be good kings. You are making good just men look bad. Step up.
    God wills it.

Women. Be good queens and demand what is yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez6wfJWV … r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iMBUoxLOmA

Regards
    DL

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A man, first and foremost, is supposed to live his life in a Godly manner, and showing love and respect for the woman.  If he Loves God, he will do so.  From there, yes, a woman is supposed to be submissive to the man's lead and authority.  If she Loves God, and IF the man submits to God, then it's all good.  But no she isn't required to be a doormat for a man who thinks he's the "ruler" no matter what instead of a Godly authority.
      I know some couples who fulfill those roles well, or at least to the best of their ability.  I also know some who make a huge mess of the whole thing.

"Free"?   Neither man nor woman is ever supposed to be free of authority.  Chaos ensues without a specific authority.  And that authority is God.  In submission to Him, liberty is found.   The "king"'s first responsibility is to venerate God, period.  If he does that, the rest of the equation will follow IF the woman also venerates God first.

Men "step up", you say sarcastically?!   Indeed, men should "step up".  But first they should kneel down to the true Authority.  You can't "step up" from anywhere unless you've first been down in humility to the Lord.

God's not just "arguably right for His time".  God is right ALL the time.
      And I'm sorry to bust your liberal bubble, but God isn't a liberal activist, nor is He a "feminist" nor is He unfair.   But He does show Love and mercy to everyone equally.  Just so ya know.

1. profile image0
        Greatest I amposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this Brenda.

How do you equate his love and mercy when knowing that he will torture and burn most of us forever?

How and where do men kneel to your invisible absentee God that they mostly do not believe in?

When did you choose your God or was he chosen for you by your parents?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2VjdpVonY

Regards
        DL

1. profile image0

I watched that clip.
          Eh....Dawkins talked like a confused fool in it, rather like a milder clone of Bill Mahyr (or however it's spelled).  Why would anyone even listen to either one of them?

In answer to your last question----God calls everyone toward Him.  Then He chooses from whoever shows up to hear Him.   The good thing is that He chooses anyone who chooses Him.   So...I am chosen, and I also chose.

1. profile image0

When and why and how many Gods were in the running?

Your parents are the same religion as you are. Right?

Regards
            DL

1. profile image0

There is only one God.  The One which the Bible tells us about.  So it wasn't and isn't a choice between "Gods" nor "gods".   It was and is a choice between God and the Adversary (Satan).

1. profile image0

IOW. You did not choose your God and he was chosen by your parents for you.

Thanks for the honesty.

Regards
                DL

1. profile image0

No.  I'm sure my parents prayed many a time that I would make the right choice.
                  People in other Nations and raised in nonChristian homes still have, or will have at some point, the option to choose also.  God isn't a respecter of persons.  He died for everyone.  And whosoever will choose Him will be saved.

1. profile image0

So you think a religion based on human sacrifice is a moral one then?

Ok.

I think you will be in for a rude surprise when you try to profit from the murder of an innocent victim.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women.
                    They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqN8EYII … re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dspWh9g … re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c0RFxXr … re=related

Regards
                    DL

2. Paul Wingert profile image60
        Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So men are suppose to submit to a made-up god and women are suppose to waste their lives to become, basically, a slave to the man, even if he's an abusive drunk or a plain idiot? But that doesn't matter since it's in the Bible, and if it's in the Bible it must be true and be believed without question. I mean the audacity of this liberal country to give women in this country the right to vote, and for married women to own property and have credit in her name. That’s not the Biblical way! If a man rapes a single woman, he should pay off her father and marry her. The rape victim needs to redeem herself somehow - Deuteronomy 22:28-29. Now that’s the Biblical way! Here’s a tip for the next time you go camping, the thin pages of the Bible makes great fire starters when tightly rolled and soaked in wax. Oh one last thing. If it weren’t for those dirty liberals, this country, along with Western Europe, would still be living in a Dark Age church-state.

1. profile image0

+ 1

Regards
          DL

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

The only true path for growth and peace is Equality and Equal rights for every single person on the planet. Anything less will only continue to perpetuate the BS presently taking place.

1. profile image0

No argument Cagsil.

Regards
      DL

3. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Not sure about the kings and queens stuff. Those words are loaded and imply power over others.
    How about brothers and sisters instead?

Agree with Cags 100%.
    Full equality.
    Neither sex is superior.
    We are co-equals on this earth.

1. profile image0

M M

I agree with your use of English.
      The bible says he will rule over you. That definitively gives men power over women.

Regards
      DL

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
        Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't think that God was saying that he was institutionalising the state of man ruling over their wives, this would happen by itself as a consequence of Adam & Eve's situation.

However, I'm hard pushed to see this story as a literal account anyway.

1. profile image0

Yes. Literal reading is for retards.

As to the myth, you will know that it has been used by religions and secular governments to deny women equality be it read literally or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqN8EYII … re=related

Regards
          DL

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
            Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes I appreciate that this statement attributed to God is believed by many to be his instruction, but I think he was simply predicting what would happen as a result of men's desire to dominate.

1. profile image0

It is a demand for compliance and a tool of social manipulation, not a prediction.
              It may have represented what they had to live in that barbaric day.
              Not today though.

Regards
              DL

4. profile image0

Good to know guys.
    I see two good people.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing.

Regards
    DL

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, it's nice to know I'm a good person. lol And I'm doing something about it.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

If I ever told my "woman" that the Bible says that it's my job to "rule over her," she'd kick me square in the nutsack.

Just sayin'.

1. Paul Wingert profile image60

LOL Mine you just me to sit down and shut up.

6. profile image0

FFC & PW

Does this mean that you support full equality or are you saying that fear guides your politics?

Regards
    DL

1. Paul Wingert profile image60

Fear does not guide my politics and everyone is equal. If I believed all the email rumors, talk show and other BS from people like Limbaugh (just to name one) I'd be a paranoid schizo ready for the nut house, like some of these people who post some of these ignorant threads (i.e. compairing Obama to Hitler).

1. profile image0

Thanks for this.
        Equality is justice for both of us it seems.

Regards
        DL

2. FatFreddysCat profile image92
      FatFreddysCatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I fear nothin'. Except a kick in the nutsack.

But seriously, folks... marriage should be an equal partnership (at least it is around my house)... none of this "Y'all must submit to mah will, woman, for I am the hunter/gatherer and you are but a weak female who must be protected! ARRRGH!" stuff...

1. profile image0

No argument my friend.
        Equality is justice for both of us it seems.

Regards
        DL

7. backporchstories profile image73
    backporchstoriesposted 11 years ago

Men are more physical and protectors and providers.  Women are the thinkers and problem solvers.  They both equally make the world go around!

1. profile image0

Why then are most in politics and church hierarchies male if women are the thinkers and problem solvers?

Regards
      DL

8. SpanStar profile image59
    SpanStarposted 11 years ago

Very good reply Brenda Durham.

God has an expectation of leadership in relationships however with the idea of ruling over others isn't the structure that you seem to be presenting. People can do things you present a and we have no problem with it but put those same actions in the context of religious beliefs and all of a sudden it is a huge problem.

Companies, businesses implement command structures. We have corporate leaders, supervisors, foreman, etc. do we call these people ruling over us?

In the condition the world is today with man's ability to rule over this planet it does not present an atmosphere one would feel comfortable in or safe in.

Marriage is an institution created by God so never forget he is always at the top of the chain in these marriages.

God also states these actions only need to be adhered to by his followers. If one cannot accept these expectations God is not going to twist their arm.

1. profile image0

I understand what you're saying.

However, I think...when most people talk about God and politics together, they actually mean religion and politics as in some specific denomination.   They can't seem to see that God is not religion.  And they rebel against the truth that America's God is the God of the Bible.

1. SpanStar profile image59
        SpanStarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

True.

Sorry Brenda I see how it looks like my comments were direct at you, they weren't.  I'm directing them at the author of this topic-sorry.

2. Paul Wingert profile image60

Marriage is a piece of paper issued by the state. So are divorce documents.

1. SpanStar profile image59
        SpanStarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Is that true in tribal areas like those found in Africa?

9. jacharless profile image74
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

My better half is very lovely, bright, often insensitive and constantly pushing the limits/boundaries of my testosterone. She, herself made a very interesting statement recently, over a conversation about two male friends of mine.

The one male is level headed, calm, intelligent and comes with very good physical attributes of height and chisel. The other is extremely intelligent, good looking and calm. But, she stated plainly, if she had to choose between either, she would take the first. I asked, "Why?". She simple responded, "Because he's like you, a man. Which is why you both get along so well. The other is not a man, but still a great person." The first, she says, has this air about him. This thing that makes him attractive/manly. She continued on, making mention of something I found interesting. She stated bluntly, "No matter what any woman says about equality; no matter how wealthy she is, powerful, successful, she will always want and crave a man" -like my first friend. "Always, always. This is the way women are wired. The other guy, she can talk to, befriend and enjoy things together with, even manipulate, sure. But at some point, she will get bored with the friendship and seek out a man. Not a prince charming man, but a real genuine man." In addition to this she added a very interesting sidebar notation: "A man should look like a man, not a pretty boy just out of the salon. And a woman should look like a woman. That is what makes them so amazing to each other and why they are generally attracted to the other. Sure, both are equal, as far as being humans, but they are not equal in regard to looks, strength and the natural presence, that makes them who they are."

James.

1. profile image0

That's some good stuff.  I agree with most of it.

10. profile image0

Thanks James.

Not bad thinkng from your wife on successful women.

I would say the same for any successful man. He will also want a woman equal or better than himself.

Male pride perhaps but I want to reach up for my wife, not behind me as inferior or beside me as an equal. So to speak.

Regards
    DL

11. LewSethics profile image61
    LewSethicsposted 11 years ago

Yes, but if he does he should sleep with one eye open.

1. profile image0

Then he made a poor choice or does not know how to treat women.
      I sleep like a baby with both eyes closed.

Regards
      DL

12. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 11 years ago

It would be best if man learned to rule over himself first.

1. profile image0

No argument for sure.
      And to me, the motivation must come from a sense of duty and honor and a desire for justice which must include equality for all and a veneration for family and that means women as the creator of the family, thanks to her ability to bear children.
      Care/harm  of children is man's number one moral duty and to serve children well, man must serve women well.

Regards
      DL

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)