Add pictures within an article

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)
  1. lions44 profile image95
    lions44posted 11 years ago

My article has several different headings, each about a specific person. So I would like to add a photo of each at the heading. But how can move the photos that I've already upload on another capusle to the right place?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
      mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Use the 'up down arrows' on each photo capsule to move it where you want it to be located. On the basis you describe you will only be able to have one photo per capsule, so delete the others and then re-upload them in individual photo capsules so you can move them to the right places.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image91
    Millionaire Tipsposted 11 years ago

You don't have to reupload them.  You can take them from My Photos section.  You do have  to have either one photo per capsule or at least each capsule should only have photos of one person, as mistyhorizon2003 said, and move them up and down and to the right using the arrows..

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
      mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good point re-the uploading, well spotted!

In this particular situation only 1 person per image capsule is important, but of course in general (depending on the hub topic) this may not be the case. For a random example if your hub was about 'tastiest desserts', you might choose to have a 'hot dessert section' and a 'cold dessert section' in which case the picture capsule for each might include multiple images of either hot or cold desserts.

3. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

Thanks for sharing those tips, y'all!

I can also direct lions44 to this Learning Center guides, which has some tips on using the capsule: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/vide … to-capsule

4. lions44 profile image95
    lions44posted 11 years ago

Thanks very much for all the tips.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
      Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I write hubs about different people. I put the pictures of them in Paint, and then save them in My Documents. Then I have the picture and can use it again if I want. When you use the picture capsule, click, and it will allow you to view the pictures in your Documents and then open that one and put it in your picture capsule. I hope that helps.

lions44posted 11 years agoin reply to this

thanks, Jean. I'm stil having problems moving the photo capsules. They either go to the very top or bottom.  I'll keep at it.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do you have each person in a new text capsule?  If you've written everything in one big capsule, you won't be able to position your photos where you want them.

I have my text in one capsule and then I'm adding photo capsules. I tried to publish the article with pics within the text but it did not work.  So I assumed I had to add a new capsule every time.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image91
              Millionaire Tipsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Use one text capsule for each person. 

That was something that confused me when I first started, but now I simply use a new text capsule for each section of my hub, whether I need it or not.  That way, if I decide to add other capsules - maps, photos, amazon, etc., I can easily move them around where they look good.

Thanks very much for the help. It's all good now.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
                  Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Putting your hub in one capsule is a mistake many of us make. Even if you don't want to, make sure you break your piece up into at least 3 or 4 capsules. Then if you go back to them (and you will) you can add or delete anything, pictures, videos, whatever, at the top or bottom of one of the capsules. If you put it all in one, your pictures can only go to the very top or bottom. I did the same thing when I was new, and realized I couldn't add anything. You will change your hubs a lot over time. Best.

1. mary615 profile image83
                    mary615posted 11 years agoin reply to this

How true!  It is also easy to edit your text when it is broken down into several capsules, I think a hub is easier to read and understand when there are several capsules, not just one long Hub.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
              Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

As MillionaireTips says, you should always break your text up over several capsules.  That way, you can mix and match photos, videos, polls, text, Amazon ads etc - plus, it's easier to edit and move them around later if you want.

This article will help you:

http://darkside.hubpages.com/hub/capsules

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)