Do any of your cats sleep on top of the printer? And fall off?!? lol

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (29 posts)
  1. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

My cat Lily, has just recently started to sleep on top of my huge LaserJet printer. She is a SUPER lazy cat (all cats are pretty lazy...she takes the cake!), not to mention, she is huge. A big ball of adorable, furry blubber. hahaha

She sleeps on top of the printer and will roll off. The printer is about 4 feet off the floor. I'm worried that she'll injure herself because she falls while she is sleeping and wakes up on the way down! It'd be funny to watch if I wasn't so worried that she'll hit her head or break her neck or something.

I can't put the printer anywhere else, it simply won't fit anywhere else.

I can't get why she wants to sleep on it; how uncomfortable! Although maybe, with all her blubber, she can't feel the cold plastic underneath her. Perhaps, anywhere is comfortable for her! lol

I just wrote an article on luxury dog beds and am considering buying her one in the hopes that she'd sleep in it...probably not. Why sleep in a nice cozy bed when you have a cold, hard printer to fall off of in the middle of your naps?

1. alekhouse profile image73
      alekhouseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've never had a cat; but, if I did, she would probably sleep on the printer. It's warm, it purrs and it's near me.

2. profile image50
      obamausa8posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello everyone. Nice to meet you all.

pret auto

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome and nice to mee you, too!

2. moposan profile image55
    moposanposted 14 years ago

dont worry for a cat-she has great natural reactions.

3. profile image0

lol not this cat! I've never seen a cat be so relaxed and clumsy in my life. She falls off furniture all the time. hmm

1. moposan profile image55
      moposanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no worry if she falls on her pads.if not then u should seriously  think of a cats diet for her.

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

The mental picture is priceless! My daughter's champagne Burmese Charlie sleeps on top of the TV. I think he likes the heat. When you said Lily sleeps on the printer, I assumed you left it on and it was warm until I read further. She certainly has something for that printer!

5. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Cats have an innate ability to right themselves. Our cat Gremlin used to sleep on top of the TV. He regularly slipped off. And got right back up again and did it again!
    Shouldn't be anything to worry about!

6. moposan profile image55

cats do like sitting high up so they can be in control and observe everything.

7. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

LMAO

1. moposan profile image55
      moposanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

do u like sitting on a Big printer as well?

8. moposan profile image55

or may be washing machine?

9. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

My friends kitty Lizzie sleeps on the printer, keyboard and is quite cozy up there. Yes I believe she has fallen off as well and is a big grey ball of fur. lololool big_smile

10. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Mine like the warmth of the TV.  They can't reach our printer or I'm sure they'd be basking in that warmth as well.

11. KT pdx profile image69
    KT pdxposted 14 years ago

My cats like to watch the printer, not sleep on it!  lol.  Love the mental picture, though.  Build a shelf above the printer that she could sleep on (that would be wide enough for her)?

12. Ellandriel profile image75
    Ellandrielposted 14 years ago

Mine also sleep on the printer!
    When it's working they watch and beat up the paper...

1. profile image0

That is too funny.  I can see my cats pawing at the paper that way.

13. profile image0

I wish my blackberry would be working correctly and let me upload some pics to e-mail or twitter so I could post one on here. Seeing my huge ball of flub and fluff kitty on top of the printer is pretty funny looking!

She's so obsessed with sleeping there!

14. profile image0

The thing is, I rarely use this printer (it's unplugged to save electricity) so it's not warm and it's in the corner, so no sunlight, either.

1. profile image0

Wow, that IS weird then.  Cats seem to have to lie on something though.  If I have even one article of clothing on my made bed, one of my cats will lie on that.  Your printer must be where you spend a lot of your time then.

15. Beth100 profile image68
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

No, but they try to sleep on the hood of the van....no can do!

16. Miss M profile image61
    Miss Mposted 14 years ago

I don't have a cat, but a black cat visits my garden...does that count?

17. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

i dont think so, a cat visits my garden but it is not black, so that would definately not count.....

18. Watch Tower profile image61
    Watch Towerposted 14 years ago

I have a cat his name Buster ( for those that read my poet hubs will know of my poem about me and Buster)
    He is the funniest cat I have ever known. He alters his sleeping place in a cycle, his latest favorite spot to sleep is on the pillow just above my head, So long as one part of him can touch one part of me, he is happy. he doesn't disturb me, though I may half wake and think " what's that ?, O its Buster" , and I drift back to sleep to the sound of his purring.

girly_girl09
    You can upload photos and art work directly from your computer.
    when you open the edit on the picture box you can pick to show from web or upload from your computer, so on your next Pet hub , you could up load pictures of your cat hope that helps you.

19. getpaidtopost profile image39
    getpaidtopostposted 14 years ago

Cats like printers as they are quite warm. I had a few cats when i was young and I noticed no mater how they fall they always land on their feet. They have super fast reactions.

20. Butch45 profile image59
    Butch45posted 14 years ago

Hi i have a cat that comes in the office and falls asleep on the chair and snores and loud it's so funny having to wake her up for it. This cat Sasha also loves a lazer pointer and will follow me for hours after a game of catch the dot.

21. Garrett McLee profile image40
    Garrett McLeeposted 14 years ago

My cat can't get to my printer.

22. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Could be your printer is perfectly sized for your cat AND she likes the vantage point of being 4 ft off the ground. Plus, she obviously knows it's yours. That's a huge attraction for felines.
    I agree with the sleep cycle observation. My cats will go through cycles of sleeping in certain places. It might be on a dining room chair, then on my mail on my desk (next to the printer) or on the dresser (because there is a piece of my clothing on it). Funny creatures, aren't they? Gotta love them!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)