Bubblews Has Big Issues

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (43 posts)
  1. earner profile image83
    earnerposted 10 years ago

It's not loaded for me for the last 2 hours - and that was after waiting 2 hours to post earlier this morning.

Facebook's an  update free zone.
    Twitter's an update free zone.

What a shambles of an 'organisation'

Anybody got the CEO's home address?  I think we need to arrange a little chat face to face........

1. agvulpes profile image86
      agvulpesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

They are now back on air but appear as slow as... 
      smile

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

maybe they've finally collapsed under the weight of all those non payment complaints.

1. Thomas Swan profile image95
      Thomas Swanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well someone's bound to take them to court eventually.

2. rohanfelix profile image81
      rohanfelixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

They owe me over 75 dollars and they haven't paid me a Cent. I spent ages on Bubblews, and now I know their true colours.

3. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 10 years ago

I just joined and wrote one post...i may wait and see..roll

1. profile image0
      epsonok0posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I dont want to discourage any one. But I wrote on Bubblws weeks ago. And was not surprised to find that not one view and not one comment. My worst Hubs have done 50 times better than that here.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's a lot easier to make money there with less content, but it's a bubble that will pop soon!

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
        Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There's a knack to making money there. If you're after some short term income and enjoy writing "fluff", you can do quite well and have fun.   

The secret is to build a lot of connections, because you get paid for internal traffic.   

The way I did it was:  Write four or five good posts, then spend a few solid hours browsing the site and liking/commenting on other posts.   Find writers you like and connect with them - and always leave a comment on their profile when you do.  You'll find you'll gather a lot of views very quickly from those connections.

Some people say you should write the maximum ten posts a day, but I can't see any point in that - because only your five most recent posts show on your profile.  Once a post drops off your profile, it will get far fewer views.  So I think drip-feeding your posts is more effective, and continuing to build your connections.

It is a lot of work because of the need for all that commenting and liking - if that's your thing, you may find you're enjoying it for its own sake and the money will seem effortless.  However I found that when I monitored my activity, I was making about $1 an hour, which isn't really worthwhile for me.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
          Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Mine is around that amount too. I question whether it is worhwhile. I have a lot of other things I could be doing.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84

Me too. I kept going till I hit my first redemption, then I gave up.   It is far too easy to waste time there (even worse than HP!). 

If posts continued to earn for weeks and months after posting, it would be worthwhile but I'm not convinced that will be the case.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 10 years ago

Maybe all of their techs have gone over to fix the Obamacare issues.

1. profile image0
      epsonok0posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Funny enough Google and oracle techs are doing that and both sites are working fine. Just a funny musing nothing personal.

5. andyoz profile image86
    andyozposted 10 years ago

I've been writing for them for months, had lots of successful redemptions and quite a few missing ones. A few weeks ago I wrote a Bubble that took off, it has now had 40,000+ plus views, all these are legit views. However, since then my payments have been stopped and they won't reply to my emails. They currently owe me around $600 for the past few weeks.

I understand they would check my post with the massive views, but the fact they have not contacted my in over two weeks shows that I am unlikely to ever see a penny of that money. It is frustrating as it means it is now pointless writing any more posts over there. I will probably have to delete that post and loose out on all the revenue.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84

Wow that's amazing!   Unfortunately from what I can see, that's so rare on Bubblews that they're bound to be suspicious.   I wouldn't be too hasty about deleting the post, because it could take them weeks to look into it.

1. andyoz profile image86
        andyozposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't see why it would take weeks, they should have stats and it should only take a few minutes to analyse them. Plus they should have at least replied to my emails saying they were looking into it. At the moment I can't write for the site as they simply are not paying me.

6. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

Well, hopefully another $26+ is winging its way towards me as we speak.

7. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

The day after tomorrow will be 30 days since I hit the "redeem" button. Soon I will unleash Hell.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh, good. Lively forums are fun. As is a really good rant. big_smile

8. earner profile image83
    earnerposted 10 years ago

I joined after hearing about it here.  As I needed "instant money" I gave it a go.

I've now 'redeemed' 27x. 

My first big problem was when I wrote one that took off, with 14k views, 13k of those in 24 hours.  Not been paid for that.  Nor paid for the next redemption.

By then you've got some going through, so you wait and see.

Eventually I stopped as I had 5 unpaid.  Then the pipeline caught up and those paid out, and I still needed money, so started again (after a break of a week). 

Been writing for the last 5 days again, redeemed 3x.  First one not paid out; 2nd one due tomorrow; 3rd due Friday.  I've stopped writing to see what happens.

Chased all these unpaids - not heard a bean.

It is "hard work" - but it is "instant money" (when it pays).

If there weren't payment issues it'd be the best site since sliced bread... and I'd be there building hugely successful posts.

Non payments make your mood, and posts, change - your plans for drip feeding a series. or following a theme over time, are abandoned.  You don't want to put what could be "potentially a winner" on there.  So I stopped trying and just went all blah with it.

I'd love to be able to confidently write there, but I can't.

Rough stats to date:
    • Redeemed $860
    • Paid/Cleared $500
    • Unpaid $300
    • Awaiting $60 (tomorrow/Friday)

So I've actually received $500 I'd have not got anywhere else in that timespan, but I have put in WAY too many hours, working and thinking of the long-term ....

You do have to try some of these things; some ideas/sites aren't duds.

It's not been a complete failure;  the hourly rate of pay's been poor, but there was no other easy/instant way to potentially pick up some fast cash.  I knew when I started there were payment issues, but I was between a rock and a hard place.

If they start paying out I'll gladly shuffle back.

I am glad I am not the only one who is having problems with posts with lots of views! My story matches yours exactly, lots of lovely payments until I post one Bubble that manages 40,000+ views. Then the payments stop and no answer to all my emails to support.

Do I cut my losses, delete the post in question and try again, or do I pester them with emails hoping they will pay me the $600 they owe me? It's a tough call but it is frustrating knowing that the money that was coming in on a regular basis has now stopped, all because I brought 40,000 to their site!

Paradigmsearch writes note to self, "Be careful to not make any posts that may have viral potential."

With the usual drivel I write, shouldn't be a problem. In fact, getting ready to post another one as we speak.

Interestingly, I've found that Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday mid-to-late mornings (HP time) seems to give me the most bang for the post.

Even though I've done zero interaction with the site since clicking the redemption button yesterday, another 26 cents drifted in. I'm going to have to start paying attention and see if that is my daily zero-work income average.

As for my impending post, it's a semi-depressing one that I would normally have posted on the forums. HP really should send bubblews a thank-you note. lol

Update. Went to notifications and discovered that most of the other posts are also semi-depressing. Must be the weather...

2. Marisa Wright profile image84

The question is, why would you delete the post?   "Earner" posted that he'd had a similar experience and had a backlog of 5 payouts before he finally got paid the first one.  So it sounds like they can take a long time to pay out large amounts of money - a cashflow issue maybe?   I know that shouldn't be the case, but if it is, why not have a little patience?   Don't write any more, certainly - but don't delete what you already have  you might be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

True, but last month on the site I made around $300, this month if I don't get paid I am going to earn $0! That is a big difference and not really money I want to be losing.

9. paradigmsearch profile image60

So far, no problems.

I never post pics, so they never have to mess around with checking attributions.

I never post links, so they never have to mess around with checking for affiliations and/or referral codes.

Is that why I've always gotten quick turnarounds on all my redemptions? Who knows, but might be a factor.

My guess is they run the posts through an automated checker. What with no links or pics, it never needs to be set aside for a human to look at it. Just a speculation.

1. earner profile image83
      earnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think it's a red herring.  While I'll agree that not doing that stuff reduces their work - I doubt that they really do check every post for these things.

Often if you say there "I've not been paid" people will say "you must have broken a rule" - and the mob mentality follows this line.  But I don't believe I've broken any rules (open/obvious, or the sneaky/hidden rules).

IMHO my stuff is squeaky clean.

But - the biggest issue is the complete blanket of silence.  If you've broken a rule, why don't they just say so, so you can clean up your act.

It would be in their favour to do this for good writers who break one tiny, hidden rule, on one insignificant post.

It's not right, say, to simply not pay $200 of legitimate income based on one (unpopular) post maybe breaking one tiny rule (e.g. perhaps using their own photo of their own dog and not crediting it to themselves).

They present as a scam company because of the silence - and the strange disappearing posts/accounts/users.  Some people have entire accounts just wiped out, without a word to them.

I put pics on where I can - properly attributed and licensed.
      I rarely use links (haven't done for weeks)
      No referral links in my posts.

But, they should be able to see the "idiot spammers" from the "people that've slipped up" and it'd be in their best interests long-term to get them to clean up their act.

And - their emails.  How come none of their email addresses are at their domain?  They recently set up3 new support emails, all on gmail.  Most odd.

Mathematically, the business model stacks up. 

And - let's not forget - even if somebody did break a small rule - they are getting the income and keeping 100% for themselves.  Those posts aren't deleted or unpublished..... so that's double robbery.

2. earner profile image83
      earnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just checked, I'm one of your connections over there.

10. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 10 years ago

I am guessing this dreary little thread has been kept in the wrong forum because a mod thought it was doomy enough to discourage people from heading over to bubblers.

But of course anyone who has ever trained a rat to press a lever when a light comes on knows that the kinds of behavior that most resist going to extinction are those where there is a very erratic reinforcement regime. And where the rat is very hungry.

In other words, the occasional meager, reward is ideal for keeping a hungry rat's attention.

Below we have a simple bubble box.
    http://www.simplypsychology.org/skinner%20box.jpg

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Breaking my self-imposed forum silence to say that I don't often agree with you Will, but you're spot on here. The site owner of Bubblews must have read all the behaviourist manuals he/she could lay their hands on. I'm amazed that there are so many otherwise intelligent people who have fallen for it.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

Actually, I consider this pic an accurate description of all life experiences in general. And I do get tired of that electric grid. Reality is a tough town.  lol

1. Will Apse profile image88
        Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am afraid that you have me there, lol.

Also, the imploring glances I can't help but make at the pellet dispenser are a source of shame.

11. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

I'll bite.

This dreary little thread is of slightly more interest than the usual garbage - inane babble - pointless up themself look at me crap - that usually litters this forum.

And I mean that with no humor at all.  The same old posters with the same old pointless crap.

I make roughly 200 dollars a month on Bubblews with less and less effort.  That's good money to me Will - I never mastered the sales thing.

It is one area, a small string, a hope of something better.  Making some money on the internet.

Meanwhile - these forums are full of endless crap from people who don't even read the OP, don't know what the thread is about, post endless drivel as though it is some chummy Facebook Group. 

At least this thread has something to do with money or the lack of it.  Everything else is a waste of time.

You live in the UK. How can two hundred dollars a month be good money?

It would pay the rent on a one bed flat in Tulse Hill for a few days.

You are helping to make a very small number of people of rich. You are getting paid less than a rice farmer in Cambodia.

You are, in fact, saying yes, I'm not worth much, I will help make you a billionaire and ask for almost nothing in return.

It is a scam run off the backs of masochists.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's nonsense.  No more responding to trolls on here from me.

It's one of problems we all encounter in this kind of forum. Where people are not being paid for falsehoods they frequently blurt out the truth. Which can upset the deluded.

2. Writer Fox profile image32
          Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Will, of course, has never signed up for Bubblews but considers himself an authority on that subject.  Typical.

Nah, its you that is the expert on everything. Including running around the forum like a cat with its tail on fire.

1. Writer Fox profile image32
              Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That makes your 41st post on the Forum in the past seven weeks about Bubblews.  If you had posted all of those thoughts on the Bubblews site, at least you would have made some money from them.

Do you write there? Is it the kind of place that you would recommend for an aspiring internet writer?

12. pinappu profile image83
    pinappuposted 10 years ago

They have not paid me a cent till date. It is a big scam.

13. paradigmsearch profile image60

Site crashed shortly after I made my second, more cheerful, post. I hate it when that happens...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)