Fellow hubber injured.

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Myweeklytroll profile image60
    Myweeklytrollposted 10 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know that.
    Fellow hubber Randy Godwin was injured when he fell off of his roof. Please send your thoughts and prayers to Randy.
    [img]http://www.ccmhonline.com/sites/default/files/get-well-soon-dog.jpg[img]

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

How is a picture of a dog going to help him? Have you been banned yet?

2. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Have you any idea how serious his injuries are? Get well soon, Randy!

1. profile image0

The monkeys been banned. Hopefully you can got to Randy's page and leave him a note on his fanmail?

3. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for letting us know.  You can leave your get well wishes in the comments on Randy's new Hub:
      http://randygodwin.hubpages.com/hub/Rev … onous-Ones

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8607503_f248.jpg

4. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Randy, please get better soon.  My condolences are with you and your family.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 10 years ago

I hope that he is okay and back with us shortly.

3. HollieT profile image81
    HollieTposted 10 years ago

@Izzy, Habee left a message about his injuries on Randy's new hub.

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Hollie.
      And Beth, I don't know if you were trying to be funny or just narky. Your comment is neither helpful nor appropriate.

1. Traci Ruffner profile image62
        Traci Ruffnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think Beth is saying that this post might be a troll or something.  Apparently the link does not go to a page where you can leave best wishes to Randy.  Also, the users name is "my weekly troll" so that seems suspicious.

1. profile image0

I just read your post... glad someone understood. Thank you.

2. profile image0

I was saying the OP was banned so he couldn't answer your questions... and then I suggested maybe you could go to Randy's page and leave him fan mail as a way of contacting him and offering him your well wishes... I hope that helps clarify.

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 10 years ago

I agree with Izzy - Randy is very beloved here. 

Hope you recover soon, Randy!

5. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 10 years ago

I'm very sorry to hear about Randy's accident and hope the doctors are taking good care of him.  His hubs are always entertaining and I enjoy reading them and their comments.  I hope he knows lots of people are thinking about him and wishing him a fast recovery.

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

I will wait to hear it from Randy before being convinced.

1. HollieT profile image81
      HollieTposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Habee informed us, Psycheskinner, it is legitimate.

1. SmartAndFun profile image93
        SmartAndFunposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Habee let everyone know because for one, Randy is banned from the forums, and two, he's in the hospital under sedation, I believe, and in no condition to post. The troll is just trying to spread the word.

Get well soon, Randy!

For which he was banned! Don't you just love the spirit of Christmas?

1. profile image0

No, he was banned cause he's a troll and keeps opening new accounts which HPs seems to close within minutes of him opening. I don't know if they have some sort of alert from his ISP or whatever... but he never seems to last very long.

I didn't know Randy hardly at all, so I feel like I have no right to comment, but of course, what an awful thing to have happen and we all wish him the best. Is there a way he can see ppl's well wishes if they are posted here in the forum? Maybe some one could copy and paste this into an email?

Either way Beth, he was banned when trying to inform what had happened to Randy.

As far as I'm aware he is still in hospital, in a lot of pain and may be being transferred to another hospital. I think, as S&F has said, that he's also under sedation so unlikely to be reading emails, forum posts or comments on his hub at this time. Having said that, hopefully, in the next day or so he'll be well enough to read this forum post and the comments on his hub.

2. SmartAndFun profile image93

Yes, those who are banned can read the forums, just not contribute their own posts. Like HollieT said, it's doubtful he's reading anything at the moment, but the well wishes here my cheer him up eventually.

Really, though, the post is here to let people know. Many do not know him, but many do and would probably like to know what happened.

1. profile image0

Yes, Im sure that's true. It sounds quite awful.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
          The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

SmartandFun,
          Why was he banned? just for being in the hospital?

1. SmartAndFun profile image93

Hmmm, this thread has been moved out of HubPages Community section to the health section. I'm thinking it is more of a community-type post. Oh well.

Randy was not banned from the forums for being in the hospital. He was banned a long time ago, but he'd have to give you the reason. I don't know for sure. He called someone an "anonymous windbag" or something. I think it was considered a personal attack.

7. profile image0
    summerberrieposted 10 years ago

After you ban Randy, I stopped posting in the forums, but wanted to send this your way:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8607273_f248.jpg

8. ziyena profile image93
    ziyenaposted 10 years ago

Sorry to hear that ... nice guy.  A speedy recovery

9. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 10 years ago

Any update on Randy's condition?  Anyone? Habee?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)