Are You Pissed Off?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (40 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image58
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

Why and what are you pissed off about? At least you aren't pissed on, right?

1. Lady_E profile image62
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nah. I read through quite a lot of useful Hubs yesterday from the Top Hubbers and spent all day puting a lot of their tips into action.

So, I'm a happy bunny and lets not forget, its Saturday smile

(Nice new Pic, Marine)

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe I should have asked on a Monday lol. It is hard to be pissed off on a Saturday unless you have to work. Thanks for the pic compliment, my kid st.

2. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you're not angry....you're not paying attention!!! Yeah, I'm angry....angry the way this government is spending our money, rushing bills of more than 1000 pages through congress without ever having read them and in record time. So fast that no one knows just what the consequences are until it's too late. That seems to be the strategy of the Obama administration...pass landmark legislation quickly before anyone asks questions. Inflate every issue to crisis proportions to justify quick action, all to achieve a claimed social injustice but the reality is more of the same, enriching the few at the expense of the middle class. You're damn right I'm angry and yeah, I feel like I'm getting pissed on!

2. Davinagirl3 profile image61
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I am pissed off at the fact that I am still in debt due to the birth of my daughter.  Our healthcare system sucks.  I am not making a political plea, either.  The fact that I had to pay $500, out of pocket, to get blood drawn just sucks.  It is expensive enough just to feed and clothe her.  The bad thing is that I have insurance!  And, it was still an arm and a leg.  Oh well, at least I have my baby.

Glad you can find the good over the bad. It is hard to see the good when pissed off sometimes.

2. profile image0
      L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess that's one good thing about living in the UK...we have free health care...

HOWEVER, we are run by naive morons who are completely oblivious to the world around them.

1. Lisa HW profile image63
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Davinagirl, I can identify with your situation.  It was a long time ago, but when I had my baby and one of the "best" insurance plans available, it still cost us thousands of dollars.  The insurance would cover me and the baby (if the baby had medical problems).  He was born 6 weeks early and was said to be "a healthy premie", so we had to pay for weeks in a special care nursery until he gained enough weight.  To me, being "too premie" to go home or drink without using up too many calories means "technically having a medical condition".  To the insurance company, of course, that's not how it works.  I'm still PO'd about that!   smile

3. rosariomontenegro profile image67
      rosariomontenegroposted 14 years agoin reply to this

¡CONGRATULATIONS! Did you put out photos of your baby? I'd like to see them. All the best to you and your family.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I'm pissed off this is in the wrong forum tongue

I'm not really though, as long as I avoid the politics and religion forums...

1. kmackey32 profile image64
      kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Right on. Those forums get so stupid.

2. marinealways24 profile image58

I think anyone will get pissed off eventually in the politics or religion forum. lol

1. viryabo profile image95
        viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You wont find me again in those 2 forums. Pisses me off big time. mad Its either burqa or no burqa, terrorism and fundamentalism(?)sharia or freemasons. Gosh, i had enough of that for now.
        If i feel like pissing someone off, some extreemist or religious fanatic, then i'll go there and give them a piece of my mouth....post....click-writing. Whatever, i'll do just that.

4. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Am I pissed off?

Now how could a Frog be pissed off after spending a week on a rock, out in the Atlantic - with bottles of vodka and green wine?

True, I think it would be hard for a drunk frog to get pissed off.

5. curiozities profile image60
    curiozitiesposted 14 years ago

Pissed off and fired up!  At least that's what the drill sergeants used to tell us in the Army, LOL!

I think they wanted you pissed off so you would want to kill someone. lol

1. curiozities profile image60
        curiozitiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, I was in during peacetime, in the '80's.  They wanted us to want to kill the Russians, but at the same time, since we weren't actually at war, they had to rein us in a little bit, LOL!

Yes, military is good at pissing you off when there is no need to be pissed.

6. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Pissed off at Google for penalizing my main site and thus reducing profit. Umm not really pissed but a bit of upset over not being able to think a good topic to write a hub on.

1. curiozities profile image60
      curiozitiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Try checking out the answers part of this site and see if there is an unanswered question you could answer.  That might help.

2. marinealways24 profile image58

Maybe you could write a hub about being pissed off at Google. lol

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
        Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol... seriously a good idea....

Now I am again pissed of...

Pissed off that y didn't this occur to me that I should write a hub on being penalized sad

I think the simple answers are harder for us to see when pissed off.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
            Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

RITE big_smile

3. LondonGirl profile image81
      LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What did google do to you?

7. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

I can choose to be pissed off with lots of good reason. But today IS Saturday and it's not going to be over 100 degrees here and I love my Hubby, Sonny and kitties and Hub Pages!

If I concentrate on that stuff it's easy to stay happy. The state of our country and its healthcare system? As Somelikeitscott would say, "Don't get me started!" MM

You are superwoman! You don't need healthcare.

8. AsherKade profile image59
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

my car was busted to shit yesterday on the way to work9not my fault tank goodness)
    there is a crator in my front yard from a gas leak
    my dog died
    my parole hearing with an offender lasted 3 1/2 hours (normal is 30 minutes)
    my boss was pissed all day at everything
    my back and neck hurt from whiplash...
    if that's not enough, read my funny hub page about bad days...

http://ts2.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=942778683285&id=554945c129e78a60febe508e93801d1c&url=http%3a%2f%2fbigpicture.typepad.com%2fwriting%2fimages%2fbad_dog_day.jpg

9. Pete Maida profile image62
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

Yeah actually I'm pissed right now.  I just had a hubber with 0 hubs and 0 fans write a negative comment directed at me and not at the issue.  I fully expected negative comments since the hub was a review a TV show but I didn't expect someone to tell me that I should be watching nature shows.  Yeah, maybe I'm a little over sensitive but I just like people to direct their comments to the issues and leave me out of them.

10. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

Ok here's one, why do people insist on talking during good films (movies) at the cinema? I was just there watching the new Johnny Depp film and some jerk behind me kept making snide comments thinking he was funny:

"Ohhh, it's slow motion, that means someone is going to get shot..."

"Wow, how boring is this film?"

"This is slow, quit talking and get shooting!"

"GET YOUR T**S OUT FOR THE LADS!!!"

IT WAS SO ANNOYING!!!! Just because he didn't have the intelligence to understand the fricking film...grrr...

Ok, rant over =]

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you could have said to him ..oh man standing ,that means someones getting a fat lip  lol

11. James S. Thornton profile image61
    James S. Thorntonposted 14 years ago

I am pissed at the fact that young women (mid twenties) always go apeshit bananas psycho on my ass after I sleep with them.

I hate it how they always keep searching for more and more imperfections about me over a few days or weeks.

I hate it when they make unreasonable demands.

I hate it when they destroy chances of a good relationship before it even gets off the ground.

1. profile image0
      L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Rough week eh?
      You've posted this in atleast two forums now...

1. AsherKade profile image59
        AsherKadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

maybe they should do a parody about how much their life sucks like I did...when ppl said nice things about my hub, I felt better and then I went to get a cut and took my family to the movies...

12. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Okay, I am pissed off that I wrote a short blurb about Walter Cronkite on BzzScapes. The person who created it corrected my grammar. I said Walter Cronkite was once known as the most trusted man in America, she said it should be Walter Cronkite is known as the "Most Trusted Man in America". Well...to paraphrase Steve Martin: excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me! smile I didn't know I was being graded on it.

1. viryabo profile image95
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LLoooolllll! you just cracked me up!

Im pissed off with eBay, mad and i keep referring to this issue on the forums, which must start pissing people off.
      Anyway, eBay, good riddance to bad rubbish. 10 days to go. big_smile
      Rejecting me 5 TIMES!!

13. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

No point in getting pissed off.  It clouds your judgement and is unproductive if you just vent.  Now, it's a choice as to how you handle the anger -- me, I just turn it into power to accomplish something.

1. AsherKade profile image59
      AsherKadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

exactly Beth, that's why I write...I feel so good afterwards...

14. profile image57
    untiedshoelaceposted 14 years ago

I am not pissed off because I got 1 fan. Woo. And because that one fan, I made a 2nd hub. Check it out and show some love. =]

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)