Dishonesty has a new name... well, not so new.

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Cgenaea profile image60
    Cgenaeaposted 9 years ago

It has come to my attention that there is a very good attempt to paint the words of God, in a dim light. So it can all look pretty to the human eye.
    The light of God shines brightly, for all to see. The bible is the message that he gives to his (HIS) people.
    Who, of God, does not know his voice???
    Well, none!!! He said so. "My sheep know my voice." Not SOME of my sheep, mind you.
    How can we tell what God sounds/thinks like? Well, we listen to his words, that's how. We talk to him. We listen to his spirit. We see how he reacts to what, and when, via scripture.
    The dishonesty is quickly picked up, by the seasoned; tempting, for the not-so-seasoned.
    If you want to check to see if you are hearing truth of the bible, test by the truth of the bible..
    To get to know someone, takes time. Not a swift look at their bio for confirmation of the total person.
    Different times call for different measures.
    Jesus whipped, one day; forgave a sinner caught red handed, the next...
    He is love. Not syrup and lollipops.
    Spirit and truth...that's it.
    Anybody wanna discuss the bible???

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No one is attempting to paint the word of God in a dim light. I see no point in going into it further because you have proven that any opposing views are not to be discussed. Your way, or the highway.

Cgenaeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I LOVE discussion of opposing views! You know that!!! smile
        It's just that after my two or three verses of scriptural passage,  people "go home"... wink
        This, again, is not a playdate... we are going over biblical concepts quite thoroughly. The mirror is not in jeopardy though... those who "forget the image" are, biblically.

1. profile image0

As I said. You see your view as the only valid one. You pick and choose scripture, in order to shore up your belief. Sadly ignoring others in order to shore up belief.

I can admit that everyone has to decide what matters and what must be relegated to a secondary level of importance. We just don't ever see eye to eye on what matters. It doesn't make me right and it doesn't make you right. I just get the impression you can't accept that.

Sifting through scriptures to confirm a confused thought is, again, the way of the "others".
            Someone HAS to be right... "My sheep know my voice." Aint no question marks there...
            You will not find my statements to ever be non-biblical  or misleading.
            When/if I err...the spirit quickly corrects. And I never respond to the spirit with, "That just don't sound right!"

1. profile image0

Thanks for making my point. roll

You're welcome!!! smile so you'll quit judging God according to the standards of men???

1. psycheskinner profile image84
                  psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How else would an atheist assess them?

You cannot reasonably ask a sheep to bark or a wolf to bleat (pick your own roles).

Exactly my point, sort of...
                    It is foolish to think that one may judge God, according to how we do his world. We were not there.
                    We have His word; and lots of other words from other men. We pick who we believe, and wait...
                    We stand firmly on who we believe. Baaaah...

2. profile image0

Continue to present lies about me. It's OK if it makes you feel better.

2. Cgenaea profile image60
    Cgenaeaposted 9 years ago

I am my WORST critic!!! Literally.
    What is love now? Has it changed?

1. Jomine Jose profile image70
      Jomine Joseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

PEA.

Now for heart, search Craig Lewis

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)