God to Wean Humans Off Religion

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (118 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago

http://www.theonion.com/article/god-ann … gion-51104

You've been warned, so it is time to start being your own person.

1. AshtonFirefly profile image70
      AshtonFireflyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Austinstar profile image85
      Austinstarposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hahahahahaha
      +100 stars!

3. Link10103 profile image62
      Link10103posted 7 years agoin reply to this

But the training wheels help me not to fall :'(

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
        Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If the training wheels come off and we are riding a bike without a front tire, its not very helpful.
        So Maybe God could give us all really great bikes for our birthdays!

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
          Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Man needs a religion.

Like a fish needs a bicycle

huh?

Need more religion, or need more kindness in the World?

---> true religion promotes kindness, love and devotion to reality---> not exploitation, subjugation, tyranny and lies---> sad

1. wilderness profile image95
                  wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Will the true Christians please stand up?

---->lol

2. Castlepaloma profile image77

Last true Christian died on a Cross

2. Trichakra profile image61
                Trichakraposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Need more kindness rather than more religion in the World.

4. Oztinato profile image76
      Oztinatoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Religion has been evolving and will continue to evolve. It was,is and will be the basis for any true civilisation.
      Please don't start with the same "right wing back woods fundamentalism" stereotypes: it's so dumb.
      Examine highly evolved philosophy like the Bahai or the Hindu or the Bhuddist etc. and you will see vibrancy and futuristic ideals.  Try to get away from the stick in the mud stereotypes.
      Look at the positive developments in ecumenical movements and cease cherry picking the bad.
      Evolution remember? The scientific atheist principle governing so called modern thought should teach us that winning prototypes go on to become the later success stories (be they organisms or ideas). Religion created true humane humans as well as all culture therefore it will grow in strength and change to suit the circumstances like it always has.

5. Misfit Chick profile image75
      Misfit Chickposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Actually, that is exactly what has been happening over the past few decades - religions are diminishing while 'spirituality' is increasing. God never wanted nor developed ANY religion - they are all man-made constructs. In 30-50 years, 'religions' will be GONE. Nice poignant satire by the Onion - and funny, to boot, ha!
      http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13029485.jpg

1. gmwilliams profile image84
        gmwilliamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

+1,000,000,000,000,000.....

Love connects the Universe beautifully. So do you think they can do a rewrite on hell and Save Satan. They are always talking sh*t about the guy, he needs love most.

lol Poor Satan.

God and Satan have not talk things out for a 1000 years. Guess Christians are the same way.

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5310624_f248.jpg

She is of my seed, hard to believe she is the sweetest person I know.

1. colorfulone profile image77
                colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

She looks lovely from what I can see of her on the photo. 
                Thanks for sharing.   smile

She is a better artist than me at that age and beyond my dreams.

My oldest son surpassed me in charcoals, pastels, water colors, oils, pencils, and maybe more.  So! I know the feeling.  I'm proud of him in the best possible way.

2. Austinstar profile image85
    Austinstarposted 7 years ago

You would think we would all be weaned after 2,000 years! Sheesh!

Not a chance.

What else would so nicely serve as a sugarcoated disguise of our own personal agendas?

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

how? after we have only had one back tire and training wheels---->?

3. Castlepaloma profile image77
    Castlepalomaposted 7 years ago

Religious leaders are much like politician where there is a lot of authoritarian brainwashing.

People are better off without both,  except lower levels of Government.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years ago

True religion is based on scientific facts. How many of those are (clearly laid out for all to see) in The Bible?
    ------->yikes??

Lol lol lol ha haha

I'll use that one, on my open mic comedy.

not being funny. sad its a sad state of affairs. No wonder the world is a wreck and the United States is a psychological wreck.
        But at least we (still) have (a little) free-will here in US !!!!
        So, thats good.
        Right?
        (PS BUT NOT IF BERNIE GETS ELECTED!)

2. colorfulone profile image77

Christian science proves there is a God, while secular human science tries to prove the big bag theory, it  only proves creation by design.   There is no getting away from it except through denial, but there it is anyway.

Let's just call them both theories. Most professional scientist think the big bang is more possible.

Rather think I'm a child of stardust than to think a must to retire in hell for disobedience of many nonsense laws.

What, you really want to wear cotton and rayon at the same time?  The stones are waiting...

You do not know what Christian science is about I take it?   It is a fascinating study.  Creation happened somehow, to exclude 'the big bang theory' would be naive.  That is not to say the BANG happened like a blast or explosion ...but more reasonable to believe it evolved over time in space.  One thing science proves is that it was by design by intelligence...a Creator.

I'm not a hell fire and brimstone peddler.  "All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return."  -  Ecclesiastes 3:20, I believe that is a reference to our bodies, not our spirit and soul.  All that is left when we are cremated is some dust and fragments of bone.

Meandering thoughts:
            What happens to our invisible soul after we die? Our invisible soul goes to a place which is also invisible? Is Heaven invisible?
            After we shed our bag of rattling heavy bones, we are light and free!
            Even a murderer, a Hitler gets to die. What happens to these types after they die?
            Are they also in Heaven for the sheer fact that they have no body?
            What would be Hell, if also invisible?

What is celestially located hell fire and brimstone? Does it burn you to death … but you are already untouchable by physical fire and brimstone! You are invisible!

The answer to these questions are not in the Bible as far as I know.

Jesus caused many who were blind to see. -- “One thing I do know: I was blind, and now I can see!” John 9:25 

There are several verses about spiritual blindness. Pharisees and religious leaders of the Law, Jesus called blind because they refused to see spiritual truth.

"The Law and the Kingdom of God"  Luke 16:14-31
              https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s … ersion=ESV
              The Pharisees, who were lovers of money, heard all these things, and they ridiculed him. 15 And he said to them, “You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God.... The Rich Man and Lazarus...

"Heart" is interchangeable with "Spirit" in Scriptures (mind, soul)

'The Eyes of Your Understanding' beign Enlightened
              http://www.dianedew.com/eyesundr.htm

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (NET)
              4:3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this age has blinded the minds of those who do not believe so they would not see the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God.

Satan, is the god of this world, or "the god of this age".

20/20 Spiritual Vision -  Psalm 73
              http://biblehub.com/niv/psalms/73.htm

Colossians 1:16... "for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can't see--such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him."

Hebrews 4:12-14:   "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it pierces even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight; everything is uncovered and exposed before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. 14Therefore, since we have such a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we profess.…"

Christain science facts

The world largest Creationism museum tries to prove the earth is 6000 years old. Along with dinosaur co existing with them. That can be easily proven wrong.

Noah story of the flood that hit the highest mountain. That would take 4 times the water on earth. Plus all the animal would die except the turkey vulture from freezing and too thin of air for breathing

Russia drill a hole in the ground 9 km down. Then a Christain scientist put a microphone down to study all the screaming going on in hell. Their other proof that Jesus visit hell to covince the torture people he is suffering more than them.

When are they going send down the next Christ-like person to report the evidence of hell in Russia that really dose exist.

This is bigger than landing on the moon If he has enough faith to do it he proves everything Jesus said was the truth. Or just prove he is another idiot

Those who believe in a younger age for the earth tend to agree that the Bible does mention dinosaurs, though it never actually uses the word “dinosaur.” Instead, it uses the Hebrew word tanniyn, which is translated a few different ways in our English Bibles. Sometimes it’s “sea monster,” and sometimes it’s “serpent.” It is most commonly translated “dragon.” The tanniyn appear to have been some sort of giant reptile. These creatures are mentioned nearly thirty times in the Old Testament and were found both on land and in the water. 
              http://www.gotquestions.org/dinosaurs-Bible.html

Dinosaurs were so many and huge back then. They would of been all eaten up. Wail no dinosaurs bones have been discover with human bones.

Textbooks on evolution neglect to mention it for obvious reasons.

The layer is a 15- to 18-inch-thick layer of phosphate rock in the southeastern United States. The rock is 65 percent phosphate, which means that the layer is made primarily of the bones of dead animals. The bones were clearly deposited by a huge flood; the deposit is at least as large as the Everglades! And mixed into the layer are bones of all sorts of animals that evolution says could not have lived together, including human bones and Hadrosaurus bones

http://www.creationmoments.com/radio/tr … s-together

For all the dinosaurs found on earth, they could not find one human Bone near it.

A Christain found a giant human the size of a football feild. What scientist would sign onto that one.

2. Live to Learn profile image60
                Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If true. Then explain why they aren't here now. The flood wouldn't have wiped them out. Since Noah is said to have taken a breeding pair of every animal onto the ark with him.

I'm too tired to explain it to you.  Do some keyword research and then let me know what you think. Now, that could be interesting.  Nite, nite!

1. Live to Learn profile image60
                    Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Since I find your theory to be ludicrous I see no reason to pursue it. If you want to explain why it isn't completely ludicrous that would be nice.

5. Austinstar profile image85

I just watched the movie, Spotlight. How can anyone watch that and still remain religious? There must be a defective gene left over from cave man days that some people have called the 'god' gene. It makes people stupid regarding logic and facts. It's ok for a priest to rape children, it's god's will and part of his giant plan that nobody knows or understands, right?

no wonder some in the Catholic religion are psychological wrecks. Not all, of course. Some intuit the message of Christ despite the indoctrinations and political orientations that developed over these last two thousand years. Human nature for most is very persistent, after all.

6. Austinstar profile image85

Right, because NO ONE in the Protestant sects rapes children! Or in any other religion! Which one is the correct religion again?

no wonder some in the Catholic and Protestant religions, etc. are psychological wrecks. Not all, of course. Some intuit the message of Christ despite the indoctrinations and political orientations that developed over these last two thousand years. Human nature for most is very persistent, after all.

The one with the biggest guns on earth and the one with the  most frightening hell . It's based on fear.

7. Austinstar profile image85

When you teach a kid something that they can understand, or teach it in a way they can understan, they will learn. Otherwise teachers are wasting their time. You have to compete with the internet now, not just force feed them lessons withought meanings.

Yes, are teachers still teaching this way? force feeding? rote memorization? Many students in high school don't care about grades anymore. They're failing. They cease to try. Mentally lazy, unmotivated. I tried to engage in a conversation about the situation in this one class, they pretty much looked past me. Long dead it seemed.

Luckily Noah story made no sense to me at age 7.  Kids today learn to mistrust their parents, now kids will train their parents today because their wide knowledge of everything is online.

They know too much.

1. Austinstar profile image85
          Austinstarposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well, it is a lot easier these days to see through the b.s. Good thing we now have modern medicine to cure leprosy and treat mental illnesses (demons). If we were still going on biblical faith healing, we would have priests and faith healers treating patients.
          Science! Working to explain how our food is digested and how we got created in the first place. Hint - God probably didn't do it!

8. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 7 years ago

Ah finally there will be no more need for churches and charities. Now the government can take full control of of it's predestined purpose to help the poor and oppressed as it was truly meant to do. Like it so successfully did with the Native peoples of America.... and the Black family,,,,,,,,

huh?

I trust the Fed Government less.

No other group we pay half our money to like the Government. Most people do not understand Hyperinflation interested and how it works.  Our nation and world-wide debt that ruins our children lives. My hope is in BRICS not Religion. least Religion it's where you have the free will to call it insane.

2. gmwilliams profile image84

To digress from the subject at hand, the poor will have to learn to help themselves & to progress away from beliefs, consciousness, lifestyles, mentalities, mindsets, outlooks, philosophies, & psychologies which causes, lead to, & result in poverty.  Many people are poor, especially in the United States, because of what I have described.  They are poor because of a passive, rescue me, irresponsible, & fatalist attitude.  NO ONE has to be poor in the United States.   No one owes the poor anything-the poor owes themselves. To help the poor only causes them to expect it, becoming more dependent, & never rising above their negative socioeconomic condition.
        http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9025033.jpg

There have been government programs ad infinitum to help the poor but to no fruition.  The poor need to help themselves & stop being passive, expecting others to do the job for them. Don't you agree?  Oh yes, religious charities also enable the poor by subliminally conveying to them that being poor is okay, even noble.  They also keep the poor powerless by such conveying & themselves in power.   Time to educate poor people by tough love & teach them to do for self.

Entrepreneurship made America great, but government rules, fees, taxes, regulations, etc. has made the American dream nearly impossible for many to maintain or even attain.  We need less government interference ... they create laws for the big corporations to thrive... and one hand washes the other there.

Good one! I like that. Jesus did say He would put a stumbling block before us, but He is the Way, the Truth and the Light that no one should stumble and fall.  The government is our biggest stumbling block? Could be.

9. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 7 years ago

As humankind evolves into spiritual adulthood, there will be no longer a need for religion.  Religion was instituted for the purpose of keeping humankind in spiritual infancy.   All educated & aware people know this.   Religion was constructed to control & disempower the masses, keeping them uneducated, unquestioning, powerless, blindly obedient,  & woefully ignorant.   

More & more people are progressing out of religion & into spirituality which is beyond religion.  Only a very minute few will be religious in the 21st century & beyond.  Religion is slowly becoming extinct.  Even people who belong to a religion aren't taking religion seriously.  They see it as a psychic balm of sorts.  Only a few retrogressive elements are taking religion seriously. 
    http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12996153.jpg

Most people do say they are spiritual rather than Religious.

It feels like most are soft christains and must keep one foot in the group. For social connections and fear in case they are wrong and go to hell. Still fear rules the world.

1. gmwilliams profile image84

Fear certainly DOES RULE......and with AN IRON FIST or rather a PSYCHIC FIST.
        http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13025205.jpg

Save Satan

Then Satan will not have torture 10s of billions of fornicators forever.

Then Satan could turn the place into a hot nightclub for his boys and girls.

10. bdn9385 profile image60
    bdn9385posted 7 years ago

Matthew 13:24-30 (NIV)

The Parable of the Weeds
    24 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

Conclusion:
    God will never wean Humans off religion unless it's already time for harvest. Unfortunately, harvest is not yet. What are you going to do with the other righteous truly devoted Christians out there who are really doing their Job? Must wheat really have to suffer because the field is full of weeds? Wheat and  weeds are present not only within religious organization but also in other organizations such as government establishments, businesses, schools and even families. Then do we also have to wean the Earth of these organizations?
    God will spare the whole City if only He can find few residents with a righteous conduct in that City.

Weaning the whole earth with religion is like depriving Man his Wife. God said it is not God for a Man to be alone. No matter how frail the Woman is, Man has to take care of Her because tomorrow, the next Son they may bear might become the ruler of the world.

Weeds are a hell of a problem.

What I do is play God and control the air, Sun and water inside a greenhouse. Result very little or no weeds and bugs. Rather than these Christain farmer who use pesticides and growing chemical that kill everything else insight and reproduction of seed.

Not only that, most animals on earth are dead the last 50 years. These top authorthies politician/religion their time is up from ruling the earth. They also interfere on how we have sex/love and what natural products we put into our bodies. That"s not all folks, they threaten us with a second coming to destroy the earth if we don't obey even harder. The top 5 threats to mankind is the natural environment relationship related, not the fear of Jesus to get another shot at us.

Supernatural superstitious organization are not working and empty prayers to a natural planet that is already given, let's not mess it up.

It's worth worshiping nature, woman and the Sun. Rather than everything synthetically made like religion/politician who are the only ones who can get elected and attempt to create a phony One world order and one world religion.

I can except keeping one's religion to thy self as an important Commandment in order except and respect most others.

"Not only that, most animals on earth are dead the last 50 years."

An interesting claim.  Whether you're using total animal tonnage or the number of individual animals, I highly doubt that over half of animal life has died in the last 5 decades (particularly as half the tonnage of animal life on the planet is bacteria and far more than half if it is the number of individual bacteria).  Can you back up your numbers at all?

According to WWF, Half of the wildlife animals, birds and fish have died in the world in the past 40 years.

I don't count livestock in which much of it is unhealthy to eat and inhumane to produce.

The government says they need to be the keepers of land and our natural resources because they know better than the people who inhabit the lands.  They end up ruining those lands, and eliminating the natural resources people use to survive with pesticides, toxic spills, etc.

2. wilderness profile image95

Not so.  The WWF figures apply ONLY to some 3,000 specific vertebrate species, and even then had to be recalculated using a different base of species to come to that figure.  The 2012 calculation, for instance, showed that it was increasing - something they didn't want to spread, so they picked different species to use.  A database with many more reptiles, fish and amphibians, and only a very small portion of the 62,000 species described around the world.  It is worth noting, at the same time, that all invertebrates are excluded from the calculation; a group that includes a large majority of all animal life.

I suppose it helps as well to exclude domestic animals, as you indicate.  Cherry picking the species to be included is an easy way to "prove" the point.

OK, I could have said natural living animals.

These Governments don't really care about human, when they enslave and cage us.

What protection and research could Governments possibly care about wildlife destruction. The wildlife ripoff is second to the drug trade. Since we are bio organisms first, it's most important to me since age 6 with a zoo in my basement to belonging to many wildlife organization today. Building many natural history museum displays and theme park animal displays.

After traveling 95 countries since the 60s I have no problems being an eye witnesses to 90% big fish in the Ocean being dead. Or to 75% useable trees dead and most mammals, birds and greatest amphibians dead. If we can't get environmental lawyers to do a dam thing. I'll sculpture wildlife stories around the world.

1. bdn9385 profile image60
                bdn9385posted 7 years agoin reply to this

God gave the solution but He knew Man will present their own. Christ also said many will come in my name and will deceive many. God wanted the weeds to stay with the wheat because he wanted to boost the immunity of the wheat. Immune wheat are likely to survive pests as well. When consumed by Man, these wheat provide great boost in Human immune system. Very few of these wheat could indeed survive but these survivor wheat will live in the house of God.

For the other wheat intended for mass production, you may apply your "play God and control the air, Sun and water inside a greenhouse". But know that these wheat are not fit in the house of God for they are gentile's wheat.

Now as for the weeds, God appropriated 6 days of work in the field but on the 7th day, the shemitah of God must be observed to strengthen again the land to support the wheat in overcoming the weeds. This does it all. Violation of this instruction from God resulted into the field's poor condition today.

God said it is His duty to separate the sheep from the flock not ours, for we are not capable anyway, on the Judgment Day.
                =====================================
                "“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”"

1. You work longer and harder going it the old fashion way (weeding and bugs by hand forever)

2. Commercially planting with poisoning the soil, plant, bugs and humans.

3 Work smarter, not longer. Work eeverything healthier in a greenhouse for 4 season, easy to bug and weed. If God loves grace, he will love us, and give the finger to Satan over doing of poison, weeds,bugs and the evil of money.

1. bdn9385 profile image60
                    bdn9385posted 7 years agoin reply to this

If you are a rich parent and you give everything your children whatever they want then when they grow up, they will only exploit your wealth to the very last penny. When everything is gone, they will even blame you for their miseries.

Parenting on the human realm is a very long, painful, tedious process often requiring acts of sacrifice, discipline, wisdom, passion and love. That is the way to nurture and produce truly responsible, wise, firm and obedient Children. Whatever your children do is likely to flourish.

On the Spiritual realm nurturing God's children could take as long as 6000 years perhaps. The creation of the Earth and Universe took Billions of years. There is no shortcut to success.

Whoever gave you the idea that we can create success easily by the use of wit and intellect could be someone whom God Himself gave all the power of Wit and Intellect but in the long run, is not anymore willing to endure pain and suffering with God in creating other beings much much more capable of restoring and taking care the creations of God because he already lusted and wanted to take the creation by Himself.

11. minastore profile image60
    minastoreposted 7 years ago

That good

12. AshtonFirefly profile image70
    AshtonFireflyposted 7 years ago

Well that escalated quickly....

13. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

"Got to wean humans off religion ",  ........  There is an awesome point  of contention !  And my point ?    The weaning of humanity away from at least religious like morals , IS the biggest reason for the decline in cultural , social , political maturity in not only America  , but all across our world .     Even a path of intellectualism alone isn't enough  without a sense of common human decency  !   And that doesn't mean just Christianity but all religiously  influenced human behavior.  Wean man  away from God ? More the opposite would be far better , but I'm certainly not surprised to see this coming from here !

Are the origins of morality  assumed to originate  from intellectualism only ? Only psuedo-atheists think so here.

14. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 7 years ago

Then why didn't he make them that way in the first place?...

15. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

A better question ,  Does intellectualism generate enough morality ? Personally , I'd rather be acquainted with   a decent  lower I.Q. God freak than  a dozen pretend  intellectuals .

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)