time for bubblews alternatives.

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (53 posts)
  1. profile image52
    growithmeposted 9 years ago

I ve earned 30dollers in 2 months wit bubblews and counter now moving in snails pace, I think reaching 50doller mark is difficult and redemption is faraway dream.
    Now, joined hubpages as its alternative.. What are your suggestions..please share..

1. Cardisa profile image89
      Cardisaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

HP is not an alternative to Bubblews. There is a vast difference between the two websites.

HP is a site for serious writers who want to build a portfolio online and earn residual income from their work.

Bubblews is/was a social network that encouraged people to write short posts which would earn them income when other members read, liked and commented.

Now the difference is that Hubpages encourages quality, full body "articles" that are informative and evergreen. The income is slower because HP's main source of traffic is outside of the website (organic) and you need to build a presence in order to start receiving that traffic as opposed to Bubblews whose traffic was mostly internal.

In order to earn on HP you need to write quality posts with a minimum of 500 words (1200 or more is best). You need to be consistent in publishing and you need an Adsense account.

1. profile image52
        growithmeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ya very true.. I look forward to write quality articles and earn money gradually over a period of time.

1. cmoneyspinner1tf profile image83
          cmoneyspinner1tfposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Cardisa is right.  Evergreen quality content is the way to go here on HUBPages.  Quick posts is for Bubblews.  Although I recommend "quality" there as well.  Quality?  That means at least spell the words right!  And you can do a brain dump at Bubblews.  Finally had my say about that gall-darn Miss Universe pageant!!  Thought about it for years.  Finally spoke my mind!!  (O.o)

2. peachpurple profile image81
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

bubblews is totally different from hubpages. Here we write serious topics, 700 words at least not characters and we earn less compare to bubblews. But here we get recognition for our work.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think the first thing you should do is learn how to write in proper English.  You will never do well here if the language you posted here resembles that which you will use for articles.  This is not Bubblews and definitely is not a replacement for it.

4. lovebuglena profile image85
      lovebuglenaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

With Bubblews there is always a worry about not getting paid but here at HubPages that is not the case. You will always get paid all your earnings! Of course reaching the $50 minimum needed to get paid is not a quick thing. May take months at least in the beginning. And you can't just bang out short posts like on Bubblews that talk about going for a walk or how your day went etc. Posts have to be informative and engaging and they can't be very short.

I'm at Bubblews now.  The fact that you used the term "worry" now has me me worried.  I'm OK with the fact that I have to move slowly to reach the $50 payout.  But WHEN - not IF - when I do, after having waited patiently and I don't get paid?  That will really upset me!  Sure!  I wouldn't have any made money had I just only been thinking.  But the TOS says if I follow the rules, I get paid for my thinking.  Isn't that a BONA FIDE financial agreement?  Who runs a successful business like that anyway?  That's mistreatment of member writers, poor business practice and downright wrong!  Have never had the "experience".  But not getting paid for your efforts - at Bubblews or any place else where you worked - ???  The question marks represent words that should not be spoken in polite company.  smile

2. Sue Adams profile image94
    Sue Adamsposted 9 years ago

No articles will pass quality assessment on Hubpages unless they are written in perfect English, with correct spelling and grammar.

3. profile image0
    ShirleyJCJohnsonposted 9 years ago

I'm getting there myself.  Total earnings is still less than $1 in a two month period; but, my prayer, and hope, is that in the new year my hubs will take off at a much greater speed.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

Bubblews was all about the quick-hit, take-the-money-and-run approach. If you're going to get anywhere on HubPages you have to realize that's it's a slow build and you've got to be willing to be in it for the long haul.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

I got in on bubbles in the beginning, made some cash, saw the changes, deleted account after grabbing my last payment, and gone. It is a time waster, but there at those who keep on posting wondering if they will get paid or not.  Go figure!

The odds of making Amazon sales, on your own site, blog, etc are better than odds of getting paid by Bubblews.

1. lovebuglena profile image85
      lovebuglenaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Even though Bubblews didn't pay me for a redemption made in the summer and now never will because they no longer honor redemptions made before Nov 2014 I still stay there and write once in a while. Even though earnings and reaching the min are very slow still better than nothing.

6. Gina145 profile image70
    Gina145posted 9 years ago

If you're looking for an alternative to Bubblews, there's a new site called CGP Gallery which a lot of disgruntled Bubblews members are joining. The earning structure is similar though they don't pay for comments on your own posts, nor for external views, so it MAY be more sustainable.

1. profile image52

Oh thanks Gina,ill check that out

1. ologsinquito profile image82
        ologsinquitoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Can anyone else provide an update on their experience at Writedge? I know cmoneyspinner has a good article on new revenue-share sites. I'm hearing reports of people doing well at Writedge, and I want to hear more. Also, at the moment, I can't figure out the Writedge stats counter.

Thanks for the compliment about my HUB.  You aren't the only one who can't figure out the counter. (O.o)

2. PinoyMom profile image72
        PinoyMomposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You can also check personapaper
        They increased their pay for unique views

1. profile image52

Oh thanks pinoymom I ll check that out too

Yes pinoymom.  What growithme said.  I'll look into it too! smile

2. colorfulone profile image77
          colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Good to know personapaper increased their pay. Thanks for that info.

7. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 9 years ago

Earning money for your writing through social traffic internally within a site like B is not going to be a viable way of earning - unless you are happy with earning just a few $ a day.

None of these sites will be earning good money through the advertising - just look at the ad program here that pays per views - most people on the HP ad program are earning somewhere between $2 and $5 per 1000 views depending on subjects, main countries that view their content and so on.

So 1000 views on any of these sites (views, likes, comments, etc..) will earn the site maybe $3; if they split that 50/50 then you would get $1.50 (Advanced math lesson - sorry!)

How long would it take you to get 1000 views - that's 100 views/likes/comments on 10 posts. To achieve that you could easily spend all day commenting, liking on everyone else's posts. All to earn $1.50 - not much of a wage for a days work!

These sites survive at the start through people that start accounts and never reach the redemption limit and by not paying people that break rules. These generate income but never receive from the site. their effect gets less and less however as the site membership grows.

The quality of the writing on these sites is typically poor (Even if yours is excellent) and this means that they will see very little if any traffic through Google which means that you will not see any form of meaningful income from this source.

These sites are NOT a sustainable way to make money! If you want to earn -  create your own site / use sites like HP / use Odesk and other freelancing sites. The problem is that these options tend to require good English skills. You can create sites in languages other than English but typically they will earn less than those that target English.

1. profile image52

Good insightful comment dear.. Totally agree with you... Being a newbie a bit sceptical about earning in hubpages.. How much did u earn till now..

1. LeanMan profile image79
        LeanManposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Many of us make payout every month...... You can earn here but it will not be enough to leave work for!

However writing on my own websites and doing a few other things has allowed me to earn my living entirely online rather than at a regular job.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1

I find it sad to see how many people move from site to site, imagining that one day they'll find a magical site where they can earn heaps of money for writing (and often writing without researching, editing or polishing).   It doesn't exist.

8. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

growithme    It is against the TOS for us to disclose earnings.  http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

1. earner profile image84
      earnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

To be pedantic, this is a grey area.

That reads that it'd be OK for me to say, for example, "I earnt $XXX on Hubpages", I couldn't be very specific about individual income streams, hubs and earnings.  So it is OK to give a vague rounded figure overall in a wishy washy way, but not to be specific in a way that might provide useful and meaningful data.

9. jjheathcoat profile image77
    jjheathcoatposted 9 years ago

I agree with most of the sentiments here. I'm lucky enough to have a job in content writing elsewhere to pay the bills. HubPages is more of a hobby for me; a place I can write about whatever I want without the stress of deadlines or lengthy revisions.

1. profile image52

Haha.. Good for you

10. earner profile image84
    earnerposted 9 years ago

There are many 'alternatives' - many of which will end up going the same way as Bubblews.

You have to pitch in, give them a go - and wait to see how it pans out in the long run.  Nobody can say which would work/not as everybody's different ... but many of the 'alternative' sites will also fail to excite.

All the best.  It's tough finding great sites. I'm now in my 8th year on Hubpages - and still hanging in here smile

For the record, I earn 3 figures each month here.  An example of non-specific wishy washy stats smile

1. profile image52

Thanks earner.. U r an inspiration.

11. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image94
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 9 years ago

As others have said, you must write quality content. This includes proper spelling, grammar, and paragraphs breaks. That's the only way to succeed in writing ANYWHERE, including Hubpages. Hubpages is the only play where I publish my writing but I do earn a small, passive income and it's very rewarding. Don't focus on the next quick-money-earner. Invest your time and talent in one or two places and after a while it will pay off.

12. Don Bobbitt profile image83
    Don Bobbittposted 9 years ago

So True, Timetraveler2, so true!

13. Carola Finch profile image92
    Carola Finchposted 9 years ago

I used to be on Bubblews, but have switched to another site called "Daily Two Cents."  It is similar in that your post is a minimum of 100 words.  It has a sister site "Writedge" that requires 400+  words. They actually pay for every 1,000 unique views and the minimum payout is $5.  I have heard that they are reliable and the editors are good.  Have had a good experience so far and has decent traffic (for me, anyways).  It is editor-moderated.  My experience with Bubblews is OK, but once they stopped paying for views, it is doomed in my opinion.  I think its days are numbered.

1. Writer Fox profile image32
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Those sites don't get much traffic.  According to Quantcast measured traffic statistics, DailyTwoCents got 2,900 views yesterday on its 32,200 articles and Writedge got 567 views on 11,000 articles.  This is far less than a single successful subdomain on HP gets daily. You can waste a lot of time on those sites with very little return.

1. Carola Finch profile image92
        Carola Finchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think it depends on how well you do on social media.  I have been getting pretty good traffic so far as I have a lot of followers.  Daily Two Cents is only new (I think a year old, if I remember correctly) so hopefully it can improve in time.  I believe that Bubblews is only paying for likes and comments now and not views.  That is not worth my time.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85

What's your definition of "good traffic"?  I think it's always a good idea to give a ballpark figure, because some people would consider 1,000 visits to be "good traffic" whereas others would be disappointed with 10,000!

1. Carola Finch profile image92
            Carola Finchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What do I consider good traffic? Depends on the site.  Whatever traffic means I get a payout the next month, whether it be hundreds or thousands of views.

What I'm saying is, if people are trying to decide whether a site would be worth trying, a comment like "I'm getting good traffic" is meaningless without knowing what you mean by that, because everyone's definition of good traffic is different.

The reason that concerns me is that for someone inexperienced at writing online, they might read that statement and think it meant far more than it really does, and put valuable effort into something that turns out to be a waste of time.

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
                paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Blue Eyes, would you like to  play?

Oooh, at what???? wink

Sorry, I have just been writing critiques over at critiquecircle.com and there is a surprising amount of really bad erotica over there, it's making me read things the wrong way.

I've started a thread...

Bubblews is only paying for views now. They were paying for likes, comments and views before. Views is all that advertisers pay for, not likes and comments.
          Bubblews was using money they didn't have coming in from ads before.

So why bother commenting or liking, other than for the social aspect?  As I was typing out this question the answer was formulating in my mind - Duh!  None of the other sites I write for ever pay for comments or likes either.  But now I see why the users who got in on Bubblews when it first started are upset now.

Now, that is interesting.

14. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

Sooo... How is that deadbeat site doing these days? I haven't gone anywhere near them since I deleted all my posts. Don't want their cookie on my computer.

1. colorfulone profile image77

I did not get my calm for October, -0-. And, I am waiting to see if I get my calm for December. Otherwise, I do not have much of a clue what's going on there. I do miss the social aspect a little, but will get over it.

You have introduced a new concept word to me.

1. colorfulone profile image77

I have been telling myself to stay "calm" while waiting for my claim....it must be working, because it has not been an ordeal.

15. Writer Fox profile image32
    Writer Foxposted 9 years ago

You could try searching on Bing to earn:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/128379

16. MariaMontgomery profile image90
    MariaMontgomeryposted 9 years ago

Because HP is for more serious writers, it will be necessary to check your spelling, word usage, punctuation, and English grammar. For example, dollars, not dollers. Also, "... moving at and snail's pace", not "...moving in snails pace". Use some commas, and articles such as "a", "an", and "the" where required, such as "...a faraway dream", instead of "...faraway dream".  I hope this helps a bit.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)