Thank-you unintived writer!

Jump to Last Post 1-46 of 46 discussions (61 posts)
  1. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Thank's to uninvited writer shareing her knowledge of shetoldme, I joined up through her and my hub let the children play is now second best published scoop! I am so happy!

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I'll say thanks as well to Uninvited Writer. When I check some of my Hub stats last night, I did see some referrals from shetoldme.

Great find Uninvited Writer. If you guys haven't signed up yet the link is at her profile. You don't have to sign up under her, but I think it's a great thing to do when someone finds something like this.

3. wrenfrost56 profile image57

Your so right! A good find deserves recognition!

4. wrenfrost56 profile image57

Hey Nelle, it has increased my traffic too double happiness!

5. profile image0

So where is Uninvited Writer? She's usually around.

6. profile image48
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

It's a Friday night she's probably out clubbing smile

7. wrenfrost56 profile image57

LOL! I do not know? Maybe she got shy of all the attention!

8. profile image0

She did say she would click on and uprank all of our scoops. This might make her a very busy person.

1. Ework411 profile image60
      Ework411posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Honestly we should all consider working as a group to promote each others rankings on Shetoldme.

9. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

My traffic has increased a bit, but I'm not seeing anything from Shetoldmeso, like you all have.

10. profile image0

I've been scooping like crazy. Have you done lots?

1. wrenfrost56 profile image57
      wrenfrost56posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have been backlinking like it's going out of fashion too. I think thats the key to real traffic.

11. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

Sounds like I need to check this website out.

12. Jane@CM profile image61

I haven't been scooping a lot, I'm afraid to over do it smile

13. profile image0

Just spotted Uninvited Writer in another topic. She's in the house.

14. mommyfreelancer profile image74
    mommyfreelancerposted 14 years ago

I signed up under her, just because you all said it works smile

Now where can I find the lowdown? Searched for a hub about it but can't find one.

smile

15. Teresa McGurk profile image61
    Teresa McGurkposted 14 years ago

Many thanks to Uninvited Writer for pointing us to this new site.  It's well worth it!

16. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Yep thanks to UW for this...although the site at shetoldme.com will have to space the adsense ads out abit as they are too close together...my only slight annoyance, but anyway it has increased some traffic with Google and Yahoo, so that's a good thing!!

17. asalvani profile image61
    asalvaniposted 14 years ago

Hey I hear great news here, I also will sing up through the UW link.
    Just one question about the http:/ that is required we need to write hubpages.com without the www?

18. kowings profile image59
    kowingsposted 14 years ago

I must be doing something wrong. I submitted all the hubs I've done so far, and I have one vote on each of them (I assume that's uninvited), and I think I've gotten one hit from it. I must be missing something.

19. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I just saw this...thanks smile I'm glad I found the site.

Been a little consumed with watching the Kennedy funeral coverage in the past couple of days.

I've fallen a little behind in voting hubs up there smile I'll get right on that tomrrow smile

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really, was it that big a deal in other places? I wasn't sure the the tv coverage was specific to Massachusetts.

1. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good Lord, Nelle! Isn't everyone fascinated by the Kennedy's? smile If nothing else, they have more drama and tragedy than any soap opera out there!

One of my earliest memories is all of the family gathering at my grandmother's house to watch JFK's funeral. I think the image of little John John saluting his father's coffin is burned into my brain!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was chatting with people from all over the world while watching.

20. mommyfreelancer profile image74

You should write a hub about it smile to enlighten us all. smile

21. emievil profile image66
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Just signed up under UW. She's still the second in the top 10 referrers! She's just 6 referrals behind the first. Thanks for the link UW. smile

22. BristolBoy profile image63
    BristolBoyposted 14 years ago

Also just signed up under Uninvited Writer.  Would be good to see a hub guide based on how to use She Told Me!

23. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

I would also like to read a bit more about "shetoldme" and how it works for you, those you sign up under and those that might sign up under you once you are a member.

24. mommyfreelancer profile image74

UW, there's a resounding request for a hub about Shetoldme. I will go and formalize this by sending you a request. smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80

Okay, I'll look into it and write a hub about SheToldMe. I'm almost as new as a lot of you but I'll see what I can do smile

1. Ework411 profile image60
        Ework411posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I joined Shetoldme under you yesterday. Maybe you are as new on there as the rest of us; but as your find it should still be you that gets to write it up. So congrats on having been unanimously nominated as our fearless Shetoldme leader, and thanks for the great new resource. smile

PS- I know of another similar type of tool called Redgage. Works pretty much the same; but seems to be better laid out and organized, and also appears to be bigger and have more users. Also, Redgage encourages participation in ranking more than Shetoldme does so you may get better results from it, and you can add friends and subscribe to their Redgage posts to find and cross promote posts easily. You can check into and join Redgage here if you are interested:

http://www.redgage.com/import/addGoogle?refby=Ework411

I personally think that banklinking is vital to generating traffic to articles, so I will be using both Shetoldme and Redgage.

25. profile image0

Okay Uninvited Writer is #2 - five behind that other referer. 57 to 52 the last time I checked. I think a few more of you should sign up and get over there. Ehow and Squidoo are taking over the place.

I've been scooping this p.m. and trying to rank up other hubbers.

So let's get behind UW and have a Hubber #1. I'd like to be the number 1 scooper, but I'm wicked far behind. Someone already has hundreds of scoops.

26. Uninvited Writer profile image80

I just added a few more of my hubs to the site.

27. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

Is this the thread to thank Uninvited Writer? Am I in the right place? Thank you so much!

28. Jane@CM profile image61

I am confused.  My first article scooped, but my last two have been "queued", one for over 24 hours.

UW, I see you are the number 2 scooper right now!

29. arunjain1989 profile image59
    arunjain1989posted 14 years ago

Thank you uninvited writer.I njoined shetoldme.com only coz of you.

30. mommyfreelancer profile image74

The one hub I scooped showed 2 views from shetoldme. Yey! Should add more hubs...

31. emievil profile image66
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Just had a thought. I hope UW doesn't mind my hijacking her thread smile. Those who scooped their hubs here, can you please tell us your user name or at least the title of those hubs that are already in shetoldme? I'm having trouble finding them.

My user name is the same in shetoldme, fyi.

Thanks everyone.

32. mommyfreelancer profile image74

I'm using this name for all sites smile

33. mommyfreelancer profile image74

BTW, should I add my shetoldme url to adsense channels? Which one is it? Thanks.

I just used shetoldme.com

1. anujagarwal profile image57
        anujagarwalposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I added shetoldme.com as a url channel name, but adsense reports are still showing '0' impressions. Do I need to add something else also.
        On Shetoldme site, I already added my adsense ID.

I haven't had that many page views through the site yet.

34. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

Agreed, great find UW.  Of course, I signed up through you so I hope you share in the fruits as well.

35. Ladybird33 profile image66
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I keep scooping too at shetoldme...but was does queved mean?  I use the same name "ladybird33" there too.  Thanks UW.

Queued means it's not on the front page yet because it doesn't have enough votes.

36. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Thanks UW. Just joined shetoldme about 10mns ago.Under your referral link im happy to say. smile
    Do we need to worry about our adsense publishers id number being visible?
    Bothere me a bit for our ID to be so exposed. What do you think? hmm

37. Uninvited Writer profile image80

It should be fine, the AdSense is no more visible than it is on other sites.

38. Uninvited Writer profile image80

Okay, I wrote an overview of SheToldMe:

http://hubpages.com/hub/SheToldMecom-Ne … rking-Site

1. viryabo profile image93
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Been waiting patiently for this. Thanks.

39. profile image0

We did it!!!

Uninvited Writer is now the #1 Referrer at SheToldMe!

Right now it's UW's 60 to Illumintor's 59.

1. emievil profile image66
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, congrats UW!

40. Uninvited Writer profile image80

Thanks smile This is a very rare thing for me, I can never get people I refer to sign up places.

Now you guys go out and get people to join up under you...

1. viryabo profile image93
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now getting people to join under me is where i'll be hitting a brick wall.
      But we'll see.
      Thanks again UW. smile

41. Uninvited Writer profile image80

Just checked, I earned over $1 from SheToldMe on Sunday smile

1. charanjeet kaur profile image59
      charanjeet kaurposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can you believe it, they banned my IP address as they banned many Indian and Pakistan IP's at random due to over spam. This is the reply the editor gave me when i asked why i could not login.

Feel so bad about the entire turn of events, four of my scoops were on first page. I just published seven hubs i dont get it how can they ban access. I cant access and there goes my shot of earning money.

42. profile image0

excellent. I'm working on trying to improve my adsense performance. Maybe this site will help too.

43. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

What are scoops in general?  Do I understand correctly that hubbers are signing up and scooping their hubs?  One scoop for each hub, an original summary >/= 200 words, so that it does not turn up as duplicate content from your HP hub?

44. Uninvited Writer profile image80

I haven't scooped every single hub, but a few.

45. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

I signed up last week and already received traffic from it!!  Thanks Uninvited Writer!!

46. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I signed up tonight using Uninvited Writer's referral code and she showed as the number one referrer with 63 to illuminator's 60.  Woooooo hooo!

I've added about 17 hubs so far.  Going to keep plugging at it. I posted my referral link on my profile page. 

Thank you so much Uninvited Writer!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)