Has Obama Done Anything Right?

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (305 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image58
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

-I hear of all the solutions Obama has, but I haven't heard or seen any of them working. It seems as if he has all the answers with no solutions.

-What has Obama done right?

1. jiberish profile image78
      jiberishposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Like everything else about him.....this too is a mystery.

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol It must be. I haven't gotten very many answers so far.

2. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nothing

lol

4 to 0 for nothing!

3. Lady_E profile image63
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

These things take time Marine. Whatever he implements will take a bit of time before you see the solution. Rome wasn't built in a day. smile

Let's flip the coin - What has Obama done wrong?

1. profile image0

If you don't see the writing on the wall with this "empty suit" right now, you may never do so.

2. marinealways24 profile image58

He has created a historical debt. He has implemented and tries to implement government control in a free country. He is a contradiction of a free countries leader. He has not done 1 thing to better the country.

1. Lady_E profile image63

I definitely saw that coming.  Well, I'd give him till the end of the year and if your still not happy Marine - I will fire him myself.

Can I do it - Yes I can! smile

PS. Did you vote for him - you don't have to reply, just curious.

No, I didn't vote for him. I don't trust any politicians making my decisions. At the end of the year, we might be forced out by China since they pretty much own us. lol

1. Lady_E profile image63

OK. So you had your reservations - fair enough.
              One thing that I really hope Obama does though, is to provide FREE Health Care, as we have in the UK. I think it would make a world of difference to Americans. smile

lol There is no such thing as "free" health care. Someone has to pay. The government has failed at running everything else, why would they succeed at running health care? Another question, who is paying for this "free" health care? It's not the unemployed. I don't expect anyone to pay my medical bills, no one else should expect me to pay theirs.

1. profile image0
                  ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes somebody does have to pay, you have to pay. But you will be paying half of the amount that you do now. Currently you pay 16% of your gdp for healthcare, the UK pays 8%. But thats all I will say, this has been talked about so much now that I refuse to let myself get dragged back in!

If we have "rationed" free health care, the government will make decisions on who lives and dies. Correct? This is not the governments decision.

2. profile image0

If you paid half of the amount of money for yours, then you have money left over to help the unemployed. Remember that most unemployed people are not unemployed through choice, and that you could become unemployed yourself.

I agree that our healthcare needs corrections. Not through government control. I have been unemployed a few times. I kept my head up, educated myself and learned not to repeat my mistakes. People who rely on the government for help will become dependent. I prefer to depend on myself.

2. profile image0

Who is anyone to say what I must do with MY "leftover" money?

2. SHARON1952 profile image61
                SHARON1952posted 14 years agoin reply to this
              3. Lockenbar profile image59
                Lockenbarposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is no such thing as "free".  Somebody has to pay for it.

1. nicomp profile image61
                  nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The liberals/progressives/democrats are only too happy to vote themselves other people's money.

What we need is everyone kicking in a little, just for the privilege of living in the US. Not a back-breaking amount, just enough to make people understand that nothing is free. Like a doctor's visit co-pay.

Only 57% of income tax filers paid any tax in 2008. That's silly.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/07/09/tax-we … tlett.html

lol I get the sense that you don't lose many political debates.

2. RKHenry profile image65
          RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Obama created a historical debt?  Obama?  Yeah, Congress didn't have anything to do with.  Hell, Georgie boy couldn't have anything to do with it either.  Please.......

Do you seriously understand how the United States of America's government works?  Or are you just another American who failed Social Studies and never bothered going to summer school to make it up?

Obama sole perpetrator of the National Debt.  Yeah, right... Unbelievable, and I thought Fox News was bias.

1. tksensei profile image60
            tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So when the economy picks up again you are going to cheer the Congress and not give the President credit? I'm sure the media will do likewise...

1. RKHenry profile image65

tk- is that what you think?  I see....

CONGRESS tk.  Get it?  Bark Bark goes sparky right on cue.

You didn't answer my question.

2. profile image0

Yes, he created historical debt. No, of course not alone. But he did add trillions (that's with a "T") to it.

1. profile image0

Hahahahahahaha..... the national debt is Obamas 'historical' debt.

Good god, I give up. America should give up.

1. profile image0

Good. Go to sleep little boy - you need your rest.

And maybe you do too...

Madame X I like you a lot, I usually find your points dead on, accurate, or valuable.  But you just did a kindergarten basic; "Well he did... " hissy fit response to my response.  As a fan of yours, I except better from you. Your a smart person behind that computer screen, we all know that.  So do what you will with this criticism, but seriously you can do better than that.  Now sparky the white poodle rat, it's predictable.  But you..., I know you can do better than that bullcrap you just pulled.

Nightie night night, sleep tight and get that rest you desperately need yourself. 

I find it amazing how people standards seem to go dangerously low, when emotionally debating a hot spot topic.  Why is that?  Laziness, that's why. Too much energy being spent on the wrong thing- negative, foul, disapproval.

lol So what are the good things Obama has done? You still dodge the original question.

2. profile image0

Thanks for all the compliments RK, but my dad's dead - and I don't need another.

I responded to ryankett the way I did because of instead of responding to me with adult emotion he chose to call me uneducated and ignorant, used condescension, and did so because I did not 'agree' with him. I was making points in response to his comments that dealt with the underlying concepts he presented rather than the "talking points" he wished to "confuse" me with. When he decides to deal with the actual issues behind this debate, I will treat him accordingly.

2. tksensei profile image60

And wasted no time in doing it!

3. marinealways24 profile image58

The stimulus was Obamas idea. Where is the stimulus at now? You didn't name 1 thing Obama has done right. You obviously understand politics how you can shoot around a question without answering. All you have to reply with is "It's Bush's Fault".

4. marinealways24 profile image58

lol All of the sane minds see who the uneducated one is. You are the one with blinders on. In your ignorance, you take up for a president who wishes to control a free country. If a country is controlled by the government, it's not free.

Dude, your clueless.  Blinders on?  Ignorance?  Trash talking smack.  That's all that is.  CONGRESS, THE PAST 8 YEARS, BUSH, BUSH, ClINTON, all the way back to TEDDY, DEREGULATION, OBAMA- yeah, they all created this mess.  Your the one with blinders. I'll keep the trash, smack, name calling up to you. 

And I'm ignorant........, dude you don't even have a clue.  Come on, I'm waiting for some more name calling.  Go ahead, call me a dumb nigger- if your gonna call me anything, call me what you really want.  Ignorant, yeah I got your ignorant.  Your trash talkin, smack rapping, name calling is bullshit dude. Ignorant.  And what flavor might you be?  Smart.  Oh I see, the one alway spouting hate is the smart one, oh my bad.  Don't mind me, I'm ignorant like you said.  Right, you just forgot the rest of it........, foolish move.

If you could view yourself in 3rd person, you would see I just proved my point. Pure ignorance. You are your own destruction.

Yeah, this from the one who said, OBAMA CAUSED A HISTORICAL DEBT.  Dude, come on your forgot to say it.  Ignorant what??  Come on, I see how you are.  Now that I'm not totally 100% Republican, I'm ignorant.  Now that YOU made a stupid error in making that statement, I'm ignorant.  Come on brother, out with it, ignorant what? Typical wanna be Marine soldier....  I see how you are.  Ignorant what? You ain't no marine, you ain't got the HEART and SOUL of a true American Marine.  No way, no heart.  You ain't got it.  Cowardly, but I see it now, just look at you, look at all your posts, look at everyone of YOUR posts,  hate.  You ain't no Marine, you ain't got heart.  And you know what I'm talking about.  Coward, yeah I see how it is.

lol Again, you continue to shine. I will say again, you are your own destruction. The best thing I see is how you accuse me of the hate. lol Do you see anything? I know you obviously can't see yourself.

In your ignorance, do you wish to put more racist remarks to my name? lol

2. profile image0

Look's like the pot is calling the kettle black. . .
                    (I don't mean you marinealways24)

lol one more thought. If this was to get an emotional response out of me, you failed. You fail in having enough intelligence to get a sigh out of me, much less an emotional response. Maybe you should analyze yourself instead of analyzing everyone else.

2. profile image0

RKHenry, you are a wise man, I think that we should pity these people - pity is all that you can do. Sometimes they will wake up before they get old, sometimes they will die ignorant. This kind of argument will only corrode your soul, I am going to walk away from this with my head held high - and you should walk away with this with your head held high too.

I am a man that likes a quote, and the one that makes me think most about Americas situation is this one:-

“Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold...” - Bob Marley

Just never lose your soul and never lose your wisdom, because you have them both.

Good night.

3. nicomp profile image61

Let me help you with your ignorance. The credit crisis was caused by *over* regulation, not deregulation. Lenders were obligated by Democratic members of Congress to lend to people who otherwise did not qualify for a mortgage. It was in all the papers.

Anecdotal evidence: In 2008, Hilary Clinton campaigned at Cincinnati State Technical and Community College. She brought up on stage a woman who was in forclosure. Clinton portrayed her as a victim. The next day the facts came out; the poor lady borrowed money to purchase a 50K house on a 12K income and never even made one payment. No bank in it's right mind wold approve that loan unless they were under pressure from well-meaning social engineers to make the "American Dream" available to anyone with a pulse.

Keep tellin' it like it is, bro!

4. tksensei profile image60

It's nice that we can get along like this...

You know that I am happy. lol

1. profile image0

I'm happy if you're happy . . . tongue

3. profile image0
          James Agbogunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is so easy to accuse the man of placing the country in Depts. But you should know that the last president also initiated economy stimulus and tax rebate. And it should be clear that pre-existing dept is responsible. And again, in the area of foreign policy, america is now in a positive position. Russia, North korea, Cuba and venezuela are no longer antagostists. Except for Iran where for the first time in many years was disunited because of the peace tactic adopted by Obama. What the last president could not do for eight years was done with the weapon of peace within few years in Office. Then iraq............

The same old tired argument; "The last guy was worse."

Obama has increased the debt by 400%; that is no one's fault but his. http://blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/bus … -pictures/

I was really worried about Cuba. Venezuela is run by a loony who needs us to buy his oil. North Korea is still developing nuklar weapons and testing offensive missiles even with Obama in office. Russia got along with Bush.

Peace that has lasted about 6 months? Get back to us in 4 years. I'll give him his props.

1. profile image0
              James Agbogunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would have loved a Chat prepared by "Rush Limbaugh" or "False news".

3. tksensei profile image60

How much time?

1. Davinagirl3 profile image61
          Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Longer than it took George W. to flush the toilet.

1. profile image0
            A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus you Obamabots are a broken record! Newsflash, Bush was a small part of the economic problem, get over him he is nolonger in Office. The rest of the crooks who helped ina much larger way are there now, what will you do with them? I know, you will reelect them to steal more!

I am just being objective.  We can't ignore that the country was in pretty bad shape.  I am not saying that it is going to be cleaned up overnight.  I am not willing to ignore that we had pretty bad leadership for the past eight years.  I don't personally consider myself a democrat, or Obamabot. But I appreciate you resorting to name calling.  It is very mature.

1. Misha profile image62
                Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL I know you are not, but this remark really looked like the one. Not to support name calling, especially towards you, but this uninitiated Texan could have easily mistaken you for one - based on just one comment. Take a look at it tomorrow, and you will see. smile

2. profile image0

Objective? Is that what you call what you are being? I disagree about having bad leadership I think we have bad leadership now! We had a President who didn't bow before others or take C#@P from dictators! Now we have the poster child for "Can't we all just get along!" I don't want to get along with Countries who want to see me dead, maybe thats a flaw in my personality? And if you think Obamabot is name calling you better get outside sometime, the world is a nasty place!

Could you be more specific?

4. profile image0
      annvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ummm...hmmmm ...he invited people for a beer at the white house?

LOL! Theres one!

1. profile image0
          annvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

See, I got an answer for everything...yay!

5. Kadmiels profile image52
      Kadmielsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HAHAHAHA nothing.....

6. King Of Fantasia profile image73
      King Of Fantasiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

-He's a damn sight more intelligent than the other guy. Give him a chance. He has to clean up someone else's appalling mess. He's not even there a year!! I say be patient.

How much more patience/sacrifice should there be?

1. Vladimir Uhri profile image60
          Vladimir Uhriposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is what liberal socialist always do, blaming Bush and cover up socialistic fungus.
          Soviets always blamed America for their failures.
          I believe that Obama should give one million of each family who died in Iraq or elsewhere. They should not pay taxes any more for life. But he bailed our failing companies and paid CEO's huge money.

1. egiv profile image59
            egivposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Blaming Bush has nothing to do with liberals or socialism, its the fact that Bush was a horrible president. He is the reason we are dealing with a mess in Iraq and he is the reason our deficit is so high. Obama has only tried to allow us to recover from this. What was the Republican response? Do nothing, the system will regulate itself.

Obama should compensate soldiers? I think Bush should.

1. Vladimir Uhri profile image60
              Vladimir Uhriposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know what? Hate is moral disease. You listen too much liberal media. Any president's duty is only two: Protect our constitution and protect our country. It is not we should demand to run the country. Only socialist do this. Bush did two main wrong: 1. He did not reverse abortion, 2 He supported split Israel for false peace. See "Palestinians" never see the peace. They know only control and fight.
              Obama I think illegally printed money and it is not the solution. Illegally I mean any printed money without cover with the gold is only cheap paper. It destroys values.
              I was suspicious on the beginning when democrats voted for war in Iraq. I smelled crucifixion. Saddam Hussein's general Georgesaada confirmed WMD. But they did not aloud him to speak publicly here and UK.

2. nicomp profile image61

You have no basis for your assertion of relative intelligence. They both went to Ivy league schools and they both have graduate degrees. Obama has refused to release any of his transcripts, while the other guy did.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image75
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Marine I missed your comment to the list I posted ? on what Pres.Obama has done right

lol

You are a nice lady. I didn't want to ruin your list.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75

lol oh you

lol

4. tksensei profile image60

Be patient for exactly how long? And how do you know he's "a damn sight more intelligent than the other guy?" What other guy?

The other guy must be Biden. smile

Oh yeah, it's Biden.  Common sense will tell you it's Biden.  That was a brilliant attempt at a burn!

2. profile image0

lol lol lol

7. King Of Fantasia profile image73
      King Of Fantasiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't turn this into a propeganda machine. It's wrong.

lol What am I selling?

It's only propaganda when it runs counter to your opinion.

2. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

No! Is the answer you seek!
    Semper Fidelis

Lol, another no. I am keeping track. We have "3" that says Obama hasn't done anything right. "0" says he has done something right. lol not looking good. oorah

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I'm upset...I thought he would wave a magic wand and everything would be fixed instantly. I want my money back...

lol the wand has failed. No refunds.

2. jiberish profile image78

He should bail us all out, and go back to .......wherever he's from.

Chicago?

1. profile image0

Yes, he is most definitely from Chicago Eaglewiki, you are quite right!

big_smile

4. marinealways24 profile image58

I suggest to anyone that wants more government control to join the military. You will get plenty of control.

5. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Going back to the original question, yes Obama has done many things right. As an outsider who hasnt really been paying attention, I have noticed this:-

1) He sent Bill Clinton to North Korea to negotiate the release of hostages. As opposed to America having another cold war, this time with North Korea.

2) He has allowed Cuban people into America to visit their families, and has lifted certain unfair trade embargos on Cuba.

3) He taxed the bonuses of fat cats at 90% until they pay back their bail outs, something which Gordon Brown should have done in the UK. They were bailed out with public money, you should be grateful for this. The banks are paying back the US quicker than our banks are paying back the UK as a direct result.

Those are my personal favourite 3 things so far.

He specifically said that HE did NOT "send" Clinton, and we are no more cozy with NK than we were before.

1. profile image0

LOL, I dont think that you could get cosy with North Korea if you tried, Im not sure that any country could. In global politics they are the kid that sat in the corner of the classroom and never talked; later to be found threatening to shoot up the school.

Then he didn't accomplish anything in that regard.

Each of your "favorite three things" falls apart upon examination.

Yeah, supporting a repressive Communist regime is really doing a solid for the Cuban people.

1. profile image0

Haha, thats a whole new debate, I know that I initiated it... I hope that you don't mind if I make a U-turn and avoid this one for tonight?

-The President does not have the power to tax.

-The proposed tax was never to be 90%

-A bill was proposed on the matter but never passed.

1. profile image0

Well I thought that the house approved it?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/20/busin … ilout.html

Although like I have already admitted, I pay very little attention to your internal affairs - only your external ones.

Introduced in the House, never passed. Never got any further than that because it was a patently bad idea based on (understandable) emotion.

6. mcbean profile image67
    mcbeanposted 14 years ago

Obama's greatest achievement to date is improving the world's opinion of America.
    Few Americans have an understanding of the damage their reputation took under Mr Bush.
    He has inherited a country struggling on many fronts and his critics ask why he hasn't fixed the Global financial crisis yet.
    This mess took years to make and will take just as long to fix.

Your President forms the basis of the worlds opinion of the 'average American'. Regardless of what you think on his policies, you are now showing the world an elloquent, intelligent man who can think on his feet and genuinely interact with everyday people. Who with a straight face could say that about Mr Bush.

I have no comment on the specifics of his decisions as I do not feel my knowledge warrants it. Even committed Republicans should be happy about the improved image America has throughout the world. You were the laughing stock there for a while.

1. profile image0

Agreed 100%. Its foreign policy is all that the world cares about, and its foreign policy and diplomacy has been excellent of late.

Not so.

1. profile image0

Care to elaborate? Im not so sure that most people care as much about your health policies, as opposed to your international relations. Bush bullied the world for long enough, most people would much rather see you fighting internally than intimidating externally.

Sure, an awful lot of people 'care' about things that affect our economy because it drives the world's economy.

1. profile image0

If you carry on the way that you have been, then for how much longer will this be the case? The only major economy that the USA 'drives' is the UK.

China are already making major inroads, they are staking a claim for their currency to take over the dollar as the worlds primary currency.

Ask yourself why the 10 largest economies in the world entered recession at the same time, and 7 are now out?

The 3 remaining major countries in recession include the USA and the UK. The other 7, including 3 European countries, are experiencing growth again.

The USA is hardly 'driving' them out of recession is it? Almost all developed nations have gained ground on the USA in the last 3 years, much of this is to do with your huge national debt.

The USA is becoming a spent force, and yes the UK is being dragged down with it. The sooner we cut all ties with you and get further in bed with Europe (including the single currency) the better.

We'll see. Until then you sink or swim with us so you'd better 'care.'

1. profile image0

I am still waiting on an answer about how much the US spends creating in the medical field I also wonder if Britain's population has anything to do with the lower GDP, it seems the US has about 256 million more people and more coming everyday! I haven't heard of anyone leaving the US to go to Britain!

1. profile image0

The nominal amount of GDP is irrelevant as I was expressing the expenditure as a percentage. I guess that the figure you are looking for is GDP per capita, which is per member of the population.

The GDP per capita for the USA was $46,859 per person in 2008. The GDP per capita per person for the UK was $36,523 per person in 2008.

All this does is further reinforce my argument, this equates to a spend of $7497 per person on healthcare each year in the USA, but $2921 per person in the UK.

What we get, for $5026 less per person, is a health care system ranked at 18th in the world by the World Health Organisation. Your health care system is lagging at 37th.

I hope that clarifies.

2. profile image0

I dont care, this country was destroyed in the Thatcher-Reagen days. The only good thing left in this country is the national health service.

I have an EU passport. Yes, thats right, I can live anywhere in the EU freely. The ship is sinking and I will jump it to join the 100,000 British people that permanently emigrate to Europe every year. In fact I just joined a course in Spanish and hope to be fluent within the next few years.

1. profile image0

Gee, I wonder why they're doing that? Could it be the great HEALTHCARE system you all have?

LOL! Now you don't care about us or your own country, and THE ONLY GOOD THING is socialized health care!

Congratulations. I'm sure it makes a handy coaster.

We understand just fine, we (a lot of us) just don't give a crap what everyone else thinks.

1. profile image0

Well we realise that, hence the reason you had Bush for 8 years. The rest of the world just hopes that there are enough people in America that do "give a crap" to see Obama in for 8.

Not if he keeps doing his impersonation of Jimmy Carter.

2. profile image0

Sorry to disappoint all you non Americans but Obama has sealed his fate with his Socialist leanings, we are free in this Country, we can buy firearms and carry them around when we want. Thats what made this Country great our freedom! About that 16% GDP being spent on health care I wonder how much is spent on Medicaid and Medicare, or creating new medical procedures that we later supply to other countries because they cannot do the development themselves!

7. marinealways24 profile image58

I don't like to make generalizations, but I will say it's part ignorance for any US citizen to support Obama. Obama clearly has his agenda for government control. The country was built on the free market, not government control.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

So why are things so bad now after years and years of deregulation?

lol They obviously aren't getting better with Obama wanting to control everything. What happens when you intervene the free market? It's no longer free. There can be regulation without the government owning stock.

9. bill yon profile image72
    bill yonposted 14 years ago

what has president obama done?well let's see didn't he get a arms reduction deal with russia?I think so.oh let's see what else?isn't the recession over?hmmm?I think we are in recovery phase along with japan.hmmmm,let's see what else,trying his bestest to get health care reform through,but what's holding it up?hmmmmm.Lies propaganda,fear tactics,more lies,ummm,what are the republicans doing?hmmmm.oh they are getting ready for the 2012 elections,not even offering any ideas help what so ever,Hmmmmmmm,fear mongers fear mongers,what can we spread today?how many lies can we get out this week?hmmmm.how about this one Obama is not a citizen?hmmmmmmmm.already tried that one,hmmmmmmmm whatelse can we come up with that will cause public uproar hmmmmmm any ideas sarah palin?DEATH PANEL.BRILLIANT,that will get their brithches in a bunch,that'll light a fire underneath them,never mind the fact that it is NOT TRUE!!!damn fools.

1. profile image0

Oh go take a vallium

After visiting this forum, I really wish I had a valium.  I don't understand why anyone would even ask a question for the sole purpose of questioning the intellegence of those who reply.  I find forums like these to be disheartening and disrespectful.  Is there any reason to ask a question and then try to downgrade a person if they don't agree with you?  I tried to take this thread seriously, but it is just a trap.

1. profile image0

Some people need their "intelligence" questioned. When someone presents an opinion that is full of fallacy because they haven't done their homework, they appear, and are, of questionable intelligence. I don't see any problem in pointing that out. Unless, of course, we're all going to drop to the level of these communist-style classrooms where no one's allowed to actually win a debate because it might "hurt someone's feelings".

1. bill yon profile image72
            bill yonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

madame X I have noticed that it is you and marine always that are attacking and demeaning people when they respond,my intelligence level is 126 that's my I.Q. now how do you ecpect a new incoming president to fix all the ills if America in only a few months?after the last eight years of complete lack of leadership and complete incompetence of the last adminstration,after  N.A.F.T.A,was signed in to law by clinton and the republican congress,N.A.F.T.A. is one of the main reasons our economy is shakey,globalisation is one of the main reasons our nation is having a hard time.they say united we stand and divided we fall,seems to me we are pretty well divided,now don't you think that is a shame?republicans playing games and causing public unrest only for the sake of winning a election that is a couple of years off?we stand in the worst economic climate since the great depression,at least the democrats are proactive instead of reactive,so quick to attack and twist the truth into something that will satisfy your ego,when you forget that bush stole the election,don't you think that is un-american?Let's not forget about the fact that bush lied to get the war in IRAQ started,destabilized the region and made Iran even stronger,sat on his ass while North korea was slanging missiles over Japan,ignored the warnings coming from his own intelligence that a attack on america was imminent(911)do you remember that?what else? oh yeah revealed the Idenity of a C.I.A. spy because she told him that Iraq did not have weapons of mass destruction,and they was not even capable of producing weapons of mass destruction,all because he wanted to go to war with Iraq killing the snake while letting the devil get away.where's bin laden?americans have died fighting in a war for his ego.meanwhile bin ladens regrouped in afghanistan and gotten stronger.what is on you mind?are you just arguing just to be arguing?do you have any real valid points to address?do you even know whats going on?

lol I don't mean to be disrespectful but, are you serious? You state your IQ number. You make accusations of me attacking people with no backing. You didn't list one thing Obama has done right. All you listed is what Bush did wrong. What was the IQ again? I have ADD.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75

I realLy think there is no pleasing some people, it wouldnt matter how well he did , they would just move onto the next piece of nonsense IMO

1. profile image0

To which nonsense are you referring, exactly?

3. profile image0

I question your statements Bill, because your opinions of how good you think Obama is doing is based on how bad Bush did. What did Obama do right? Sans Bush comentary.

Sorry Davina not laughing at you,but you said exactly what I was thinking...

Man oh man , if this is how we are in a forum , what hope is there for major world leaders...lol

I like President Obama ,I feel hopeful he's leading and endeavouring to inform ,make decisions and has the backbone to make changes...
          I am happy the American people voted him in, and he deserves the respect of any new President of the nation who voted him in.

If you didnt vote ,or didnt vote for him , then shame on you for displaying poor sportsmanship...

I truly hope youre not gonna be bitching until the next election

Get over it already .

The man moved his family into the White House months ago.

Thats all Ive got to say about that.

1. profile image0

Why on earth should I "get over it". The man's a communist nightmare and his goal is to destroy America. And yes, I'm going to rant, rave and scream about his lies and political manipulations until he's just listed as the huge mistake in American history that he is.

1. profile image0

Your a seemingly reasonably wealthy (former Apple Graphic Designer), retired mature American man, who claims to be "Living Peacefully and Quietly".

Why not let go of what is happening the in world of politics, forget the bickering and the arguments, the things that aren't really affecting you, and continue to live that life "peacefully an quietly".

Life is too short for hatred, paranoia and worry. Take up painting, do that writing that you said that you would do, if you have grandchildren then take them to the park.

Die with a smile on your face, dont die with a frown and a bitterness. I am sure that you will see another Republican president, dont worry yourself about it too much.

There is a whole world of adventure out there. Turn off the television set and hop on a plane to somewhere oblivious to the troubles of America.

Die Happy.

1. profile image0

Have you ever heard the word "dharma"? It means to do the right thing at the right time in the right way. Of course, figuring out what that is in any given moment is not always so easy, but that's the spiritual practice of it.

I will fight for my freedom's as long as I have breath, otherwise I might as well be dead. And sometimes that includes getting into heated debates.

And I'm female - hence, "Madame" X

1. profile image0

Apologies, no offence was intended with the use of the word 'Man', this was an unintentional error.

I admire your willingness to fight for the things that you believe in, just as long as you forget about them sometimes and have a little fun.

Do you have children? If so they really are not going to need all of that inheritance Madame X, there will be enough to go around for you to spend some of it having that well deserved break.

If you dont have children, then you should spend your money on being happy - go and see the world. I can recommend Istanbul, thats a great place, Barcelona is also a very beautiful city (and it has very little CCTV).

By all means stand up for what you believe, but retirement is about enjoying everything that you have already achieved. You will have achieved a lot in your lifetime, be proud of that fact and enjoy the rewards.

1. profile image0

No apology necessary ryankett and thanks for the suggestions on travel. Actually, I have been all over the world and find travel to be delightful.

And I am enjoying myself - very much. There's nothing quite as stimulating as a good debate, and debaters. . . well, almost nothing. . . . Cheers!

The ranting , raving ,screaming , hows it working for ya ?

All that energy could be used for something else just my opinion.

1. profile image0

Yep. Works great for me. Anything you care to discuss?

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
              Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A man who was elected by the majority of the voting public...
              yes, those of us who support him might be wrong...but so might you be.

1. profile image0

Indeed Uninvited Writer. All of these staunch Republicans (anonymous Republicans I hastily add) are quick to defend their 'freedom', yet don't seem to appreciate the freedom to diplomatically elect their government. Irony? I believe so.

??????????????????????

1. profile image0

Just one question mark would have been sufficient tksensei, I am literate.

Republicans are drivelling on about the 'free market' and taking away 'freedoms'. 'Free' and 'Freedom' seems to be the buzzwords.

Your country is 'free' to elect its government, it 'freely' did so, that government is now 'free' to implement its policies and comply with its ideals and manifesto.

In 4 years time the country is again 'free' to elect its government, who are in turn 'free' to implement its policies and comply with its ideals and manifesto.

The American people have democratically elected a government who will inevitably introduce some new ways of working and thinking.

Should the people of America decide to vote in a different government in 2012, then that party may decide to abolish those policies and return to the prior state.

The alternative is to have one political party, with no real right to vote against or for them, who will implement their ideals and manifestos for eternity/indefinetly.... for example, North Korea and Iran.

Obama is respected worldwide as the democratically elected president of the United States of America, the choice of your nation. Should your nation decide that they do not like Obama in four years time, then they can choose to vote him out. The next president will then be respected worlwide as the democratically elected president of the United States of America.

That is just one freedom that the people of America enjoy.

2. profile image0

Why would you think we don't appreciate it? Obama was nothing more than the pendulum swinging away from Bush, and the "hate Bush" meme added in. America ain't so brittle, and 2010 is a lot closer than you think.

Why do any citizens of a free country support a person that has an agenda for more government control?

Where did this "he won the election so you all have to shut up" attitude come from?

The 2010 elections are the ones dems need to be worried about first.

Pure Ignorance

10. mcbean profile image67

A Texan wrote:

"I think I would rather have the 37th best Medical care and live free as opposed to 18th and have to use a passport to go 300 miles! Good luck with your 2nd language skill, if you aren't fluent ina couple of years (WTF) you can always come to Texas and I will teach you all you will ever need to know about communication!"

This is a rather poor argument. A Nations size is the primary predictor of its citizens freedom?

Lets all move to Russia. They can travel 1/3 of the way around the world without leaving home. Speak the same language the whole way.They must be really free over there.

1. profile image0

No its not a predictor of its freedom, have you ever been to Europe? They have cameras watching everything they do that is not freedom. My comments on the size of the US is about his having to use a passport to go to a different country and my freedom to visit a much better place without one!

1. profile image0

Cameras watching everything that we do? hahaha, oh dear its that paranoia again? I certianly dont have any cameras pointing towards my house.

Many cities use CCTV as a crime prevention and detection method if thats what you mean, it is pretty effective at fighting crime. Unless you wish to have sex in the middle of the central business district, or you want to rob a Jewellery store, then a surviellence camera (when they even bother to turn them on) isn't going to cause you many problems.

I was attacked once after a meal out, they identified the man on CCTV and had him in court within a week.... so no objections from me, there were no witnesses and I couldnt remember what he looked like - so this was effective.

But a CCTV camera pointing out into a crowd of 2000 people is hardly invading your privacy (unless you get paranoid about being found picking your nose?)

1. profile image0

Sheesh. You really have no understanding of what it means to be truly free, do you?

2. profile image0

You keep your cameras I will just shoot the one who attacks me, somebody else will have to identify him! CCTV is not used to spy? Sure it is! Its not paranoia its knowing what a Government will do to "Protect you" I bet you have a problem with wiretapping terrorists to!

1. profile image0

Well I am happy enough with the cameras dude, and I am certainly happy without a gun, we are from two completely different cultures my American cousin. Similar in so many ways, but different in so many other ways. It will always be like that, and I am happy to embrace the things that I love about visiting America - whilst I also acknowledge that there are things that I would never accept into my own culture. I guess that national health care is one of those things for you, and guns is one of those things for me. I am sure that there will be many other political issues and debates on hubpages in the future that we can both agree on.

How is that for reasoned thought? I hope that you appreciate my best efforts at diplomacy and tolerance? Hopefully they can be recipiated.

1. profile image0

Diplomacy and tolerance! Wasted efforts against an enemy! But I guess we are allies, the British get themselves in trouble and we naturally come to the rescue.We haven't done that in what 65 years? I guess thats why you speak English today, I don't hate you "Dude" but I wouldn't walk across the street to piss on you if you were on fire either!

Don't forget our logistic assist during the terrible battle for Las Malvinas!

1. profile image0

Dont forget the hundreds of British lives lost in Iraq and Afghanistan in support of US operations, and in one case on the basis of incorrect intelligence, despite an almost complete lack of public support and at the cost of about $1 trillion.

What a completely disrespectful comment. The USA only became involved the first time around after they were attacked directly, do you know how many lives the British lost in WWI and WWII as a result of its defence against the evil Nazi regime? (which it was fighting for years before the Americans decided to help us out at all?) we lost more people in both of those wars than any other country in the world.

Get some dignity, seriously.... where is your respect for the dead? America obviously did not feel a threat from the Nazi's, which is easy when they are not less than 30 miles from your coastline.

You're fighting there because it's in your own best interests (just like we are).

How is it disrespectful? Did we provide logistical support then or not?

As a result of what? As a result of a misguided policy of appeasement? Yeah, I know. History knows.

4. profile image0

What are you babbling about? Does it matter when we entered the conflict? The only reason that you are not speaking German today is because of the United States! Your Chancellor screwed you not the Americans, we saved you! And as someone who has fought in war I think the British are some of the greatest warriors in the world, but the US does not need a single one to overcome any enemy! Get a clue

2. profile image0

Dont forget the hundreds of British lives lost in Iraq and Afghanistan in support of US operations, and in one case on the basis of incorrect intelligence, despite an almost complete lack of public support and at the cost of about $1 trillion.

What a completely disrespectful comment. The USA only became involved the first time around after they were attacked directly, do you know how many lives the British lost in WWI and WWII as a result of its defence against the evil Nazi regime? (which it was fighting for years before the Americans decided to help us out at all?) we lost more people in both of those wars than any other country in the world.

Get some dignity, seriously.... where is your respect for the dead? America obviously did not feel a threat from the Nazi's, which is easy when they are not less than 30 miles from your coastline.

Your country likes to paint a picture of itself as a hero, why not do some real research about the chain of events in WWII? Sure, you can make films (Saving Private Ryan) which make yourself look like heros, but the British had already lost hundreds of thousands of men on the beaches of Dunkirk before you had even turned up.

We lost 1.3 million people in those wars, defending our country (originally defending other countries in Europe), and that is the kind of respect that our dead get? Every British person in this country could not count the number of dead relatives on two hands.

Do you see me making incredibly unsensitive remarks about 9/11 or Vietnam? Have some fucking respect.

And I wouldnt want your piss on me if I was on fire, I wouldn't want inadvertanly adopt any of your simple mindedness.

Not even close.

Where's Misha?

1. profile image0

Fair enough, I didnt think about Russia. Although I WAS talking about military deaths

Who gives a fuck about who had the most deaths, the fact remains that he didnt need to be bringing up WWI and WWII in relation to comments about CCTV and the NHS.

What the fuck has war got to do with that?

Fuck you all, thats far too down to the knuckle.

For the record, the British had 885138 military deaths in WWI, and 382700 military deaths in WWII.

Yes I know Russia had more than this, but America had:-

416,800 in WWII and 116,708 in WWI

I respect every last one of them. Fuck you man, seriously fuck you all man seriously.

I cant believe the way that such tragic loss of life has been brought into a petty and pointless debate about the fucking NHS, CCTV and Obama.

Fucking freaks. Decent American people, I feel very very sorry for you all.

Fuck this place.

How am I disrespecting the dead? How have I disrespected the 255 British who died in that misguided conflict?

3. nicomp profile image61

No disrespect intended, but wasn't Dunkirk a retreat and evacuation? D-Day wasn't intended to save those men.

1. profile image0

Yes it was, but we had been fighting on the beachs of Dunkirk for 4 years and we fought alongside Americans in those battles.

Add to the fact that about three quarters of your men that day were supposedly black african-americans.... I still feel that that film does not do the chain of events real justice.

2. mcbean profile image67
        mcbeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes i have been to Europe - lived there for 9 years actually. And yes i have been to the US, and 70 other countries around the world and to all continents except Antarctica. Do I think America is the best country. No. Do I think any country is the best country. No. What i can appreciate is the cultural diversity each country offers and am more able to take an objective view on their strengths and weaknesses.

Being patriotic does not mean that every other nationality has to be inferior to you.

Americans tend to be oblivious to the way the rest of the world sees their country. The 'Superpower' is like any other country - far from perfect. People tend to be more forgiving of your less favorable characteristics if you don't spend the whole time telling them how great you are.

I believe we've covered this.

We're not 37th anyway. Everyone quotes that ranking but no one can even begin to explain the underlying data. We've tried to get clarification from several people who post on this forum, but they insist that "They are the source" and we should just accept the ranks as gospel.

Here's the ranking: http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html

Here's the spreadsheet behind the ranking:http://www.photius.com/rankings/world_health_systems.html

The data appears to be somehow goal-related and the ranks appear to be driven by how those goals are met. Or not. The column headings don't mean anything. The rightmost column appears to be where the "37th" comes from but how it's calculated is a mystery. Anyone who uses the ranking to make their point should be able to explain how it's calculated.

11. marinealways24 profile image58

lol wow nicomp. I fear the retaliation. He will return after he gets his teleprompter.

He's right about both parties having blame in this mess, but the Dems obligated Fanny to make bad loans *and* to agree to buy up toxic assets from other banks that made the same loans. Chris Dodd and Barney Frank are at the heart of the problem, in my opinion.

...bingo!

I agree that both parties suck. I'm only saying that Obama is making things worse instead of better. He says he has solutions with no plans. He has goals of "his" agenda, not a "free countries" agenda.

1. profile image0

He's a communist, a devotee of Alinsky's. What else do you expect?

Change? lol

2. RKHenry profile image65

Now believe it or not, I do agree.  Still don't think you are a Marine, just a wanna be with no heart or soul.  You ain't got what it takes to be a true American Marine.  But I do agree with you on this.

12. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

You got a few things, right, Ryan.  One is (and I thought this before, due to diction) Madame is a man.  lol.  And I believe there are different platform versions (graphic design term) of her out there in hubpages land, too.

What's real weird is that most graphic designers I know (and I am one, too) are liberals...especially Apple computer adherents.  Just look at their advertising!

wink

1. profile image0

You know what, I had such an overpowering sense that 'Madame X' was a man - I didn't even think whilst I was typing, it was sub conscious. But it would be unfair to suggest that I suppose, certainly ungentleman like!

1. profile image0

I appreciate your gentlemanly attitude ryankett. Most people have trouble with the idea that women can think logically, and therefore present their arguments in a logical way. Hence, "must be a man". And that is rather chauvinistic thinking but I'm used to it.

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am inclined to agree, my smart daughter gets it all the time.

1. profile image0

Thanks earnesthub, the only real support I ever get is from my husband. And my hat's off to your gal!!

13. marinealways24 profile image58

After 160+++ post's, I have yet to see 1 logical thing that Obama has done right. Did I miss that somewhere?

14. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

The citizens of this country elected Obama as a direct reaction against 8 years of Bush policies. Given the choices offered -- Obama or McCain -- Americans chose Obama as the better NOT PERFECT choice.
    We can put Obama's first 6+ months in office into historical context. Compared to Obama, what, if anything memorable had Bush done during the same timeframe? Everything after that brief intro period -- and I do mean EVERYTHING -- was overshadowed by 9/11.
    Perhaps we should all hope for a giant national crisis to hit on Obama's watch!! That way we can rally our citizenry together against some foreign enemy and stop this ridiculous, petty partisan squabbling.

15. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

No, ma'am, Madame...  It isn't the logic....and I'll give you credit, the one hub you did on disruption of communication and politics was actually quite good. 

It's just the diction...mode of expression, voice.  You are also too young to be retired, lol, although using words like "delightful," and "wonderful," does help and threw me off, wink.

16. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

He pushed for funding of a big expansion of AmeriCorps and for the enactment of the Matthew Shepard Act that was finally adopted on July 15th, and reversed the stem-cell policy, signed the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009.

The law that makes some people worth more than others.

1. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And how is that?

Given the same crime, the law mandates stiffer penalties when committed against some people than other people.

1. Colebabie profile image60
            Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where do you see that?

17. Colebabie profile image60

Ryan chill out smile

18. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Yep what Lita said.

C'mon Ryan ,focus ,get back in the saddle smile

19. Colebabie profile image60

Yes Ryan remember the ones who made you smile and forget the ones that don't listen smile Have a good night smile
    I've survived my comments being disputed so far. But I know it won't last long...

20. tjmatel3 profile image60
    tjmatel3posted 14 years ago

You must give Obama some credit for trying.  In fact, it's been only a few months into his presidency.  It will take time to turn some things around.  On the other hand, he needs to be careful about running the country into the ground.  Obama seems bent on establishing his "agenda" whether or not it is good for the country.  What is this rush with fixing healthcare, regardless of the omens?  Fact is, the system needs to be reformed, but it needs careful planning and execution to get that done.  What about the naivety with which he views the world.  We no longer fight a War on Terror, just an overseas contingency; we no longer fight terrorists, just enemy combatants; Iran and North Korea are good little countries that will follow our lead if we just talk to them and make some concessions.  Personally, I wish the President well and pray for his success.  Yet I have some concerns about his vision for the US.

1. profile image0

Yeah, it took six months for him to pick out his dog, but we have to pass healthcare reform RIGHT NOW!!

I think this is the entire problem. Obama only cares about the good of "his" agenda. Not the "countries" agenda.

1. profile image0

Yep.

21. mcbean profile image67

The heated debate this forum caused led me to put my side into a hub.
    criticism and comments welcome.

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-the-World-S … Superpower

22. egiv profile image59
    egivposted 14 years ago

The government would not decide if someone lives or dies, regardless of what Sarah Palin tries to cook up. Obama is not trying to create socialized healthcare or even a state-run insurance option, he is just trying to make it easier to get healthcare. Plus, if you don't want to change the insurance you have, you don't have to.

If you don't think Obama is doing anything, you are frankly just not reading.

Obama is doing plenty. He's on record to be in favor of the single-payer system (YouTube it), rather than a private option.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-bY92mcOdk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDAPLb-H … p;index=12

Decide what you wanna believe.

2. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep.  Actually, quite as simple as that in most cases.  And they are listening to a lot of neocon talk radio.

I don't like to do this because it's so trite, but...

and you are listening to too much MSNBC and Air America.

1. profile image0
          Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, wink.  I only listen to NPR and music stations as far as radio.

CNN, New York Times, The Atlantic, Huff Post, Washington Post, AZ Republic, Time, Newsweek, Daily Kos, Salon, New Yorker, etc., etc, etc....

BTW, I really cannot STAND Air America.  Ever heard how liberals prefer the written word, due to the complexity factor?  Well!  It's true.  I don't like any sort of thing that suggests hate-talk spoken word.

OK, I recant. You are reading too much Huffington and Kos.

...................  roll

unbelievable...

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
              Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No - it is true. A proven fact no less. Go figure........ wink

2. egiv profile image59
          egivposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, MSNBC is a joke. So is Fox news. I read newspapers. If you just disagree with his policies just on sheer principle, ok, thats fine, but don't say he is not doing anything. No matter what healthcare system he apparently favors or doesn't favor, he is pushing a plan that does NOT socialize healthcare or offer a government-run insurance company.

I didn't say Obama hasn't done anything. I said he hasn't done anything right.

-Obama operates much like a religion. Control through fear and power.

lol You tell me i'm not reading because I haven't seen Obama do anything besides put us in more debt, yet you fail to list something Obama has done right. Would you like to answer that now? What has Obama done right?

EGIV,  we are reading, and frankly he is doing a lot, just NOthing that we agree with, or will benefit this country.

23. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Won approval of the second $350 billion *before* taking office.
    • VP Biden already made his first foreign trip *before* taking office.
    • Ordered the closing of the prison at Guantanamo Bay.
    • Ordered a pay freeze of his top staff.
    • Ordered stricter controls on lobbyists in government.
    • Ordered compliance with the Freedom of Information Act.
    • Confined interrogation techniques to those in the Army Field Manual
    • Ordered a review of auto emissions standards.
    • Met with GOP leaders of both Houses of Congress to improve the stimulus package.
    • Did an interview with Al Arabiya TV, improving our reputation in the Arab/Muslim world.
    • Called every leader in the Middle East.
    • Named George Mitchell special envoy to the Middle East. Mitchell is already on the scene.
    • Got most of his cabinet confirmed.
    • Made family planning advice more available to women in Africa.
    • Met with top business leaders, who endorsed his plan.
    • Geithner put limits on lobbying from bank who receive TARP money (something Paulson could have easily done.)
    • Signed equal pay legislation

Copied

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

None of these "accomplishments" are on the approved FoxNews / Glen Beck list of suitable presidential endeavors, therefore you are an Anti-American, liberal poopy head for bringing them up.

Good Day to you Madame!

'Sorry Officer ,it will never happen again '

350 billion we didn't have. Also acted illegally given that he was not the president at the time.
      Again, acting illegally without authorization from the White House.
      And can't get any US prison to take the guys. Evidently is was a good idea to put them there in the first place.

While at the same time spending 350 billion we don't have. The purely symbolic act penalized his best people and accomplished nothing.

Not all of them. Dig a little deeper.

Bush ordered them not to?

Putting the country in more danger.

As if they've not been reviewed before? Presidents order reviews all the time.

Rejected all input from those leaders and blamed them for not co-operating. Admittedly the GOP leadership is weak and ineffecitve. John Boehner cries too much.

Still not sure why we should care about that.

No president ever called a Middle East leader?

We've had them before.  Former Marine Commandant and Supreme Allied Commander James Jones was appointed in 2007. Anthony Zinni held the position in 2002.

Duh. He has a democratic majority in Congress.

Bush increased similar funding by 15 billion during his tenure. The main difference is that Bush's plan stressed abstinence.

The CEO of Caterpillar told reporters that Obama's plan would have no effect, implying that Obama misquoted him during a presser.

Lobbying is free speech. Anyway, why would Geithner need to do this if Obama had already imposed new regulations on lobbying (see above)?

He did no such thing. The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act simply extends the grace period under which an employee can sue for unfair pay practices. The legislation for equal pay was already in place, since the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Typing disagree would have been faster lol

But hey Bush has gone , do we agree on that yet?

It sure would have!

We sure can agree! Now if we can just get the Liberals/Progressives/Democrats to stop giving Obama a pass for blaming Bush!

I was afraid Bush lost the plot and put America more at risk for war that is why I celebrated when Obama won, the rest with the right congress ,and strong leadership ,at least trust (Internationally) and Nationally offers hope where it was waning.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61

You and I said virtually the same thing.  I just said it more succinctly.

24. Davinagirl3 profile image61
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I love Eaglekiwi!

Ditto

25. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

"a proven fact"

.............  roll

1. ahmu profile image61
      ahmuposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You sure whine a lot.  This whole thing is filled with your conniption fits.  Get a hobby outside of the computer, and let other people express their opinions for a change.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Uh Oh!

26. jiberish profile image78
    jiberishposted 14 years ago

Eaglekiwi wrote:

• Ordered a pay freeze of his top staff.

????????? didn't they just get a pay increase?

27. AsherKade profile image58
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/Obama-Stickers.jpg

lol

28. shazz01109 profile image67
    shazz01109posted 14 years ago

I didn't vote for Obama, but one think that I think that he's doing right is going ahead with withdrawing troops from Iraq, and trying to step it up in Afghanistan. 
    Shazz

I do agree mostly with this comment. One thing I will say is that me or you will likely never know the true agenda behind our wars.

Gassing thousands of Kurds and repeatedly violating the no-fly zone was a good start.

1. shazz01109 profile image67
          shazz01109posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Would you same the same for the islamists and extremists who kill innocent babies and civilians?

Would I say what?

29. Vladimir Uhri profile image60
    Vladimir Uhriposted 14 years ago

I have somewhat different explanation. We do not need British to tell us what is good or not for us. The crisis was artefficially created. Crisis leads to take over of our private business. Additionally God was removed from the schools and public areas. It means growing materialism and loving money, which is root of evil. It hiking cost up. It make shortage ala carte socialism.
    Nobody see that it drive doctors out of business. I will tell you my story. We billed to Nursing home 9 patients to medicate. The charges for routine fallow up visits were total $1,400.00. We got two checks. There were 39 cents for two poststamps. We received 5 cents x 2. Total 10 cents. How do you like them apples? I know two companies CEO (one is medical insurance)who got last 2 years increase salary from 800.000 to 2.6 milion/year. Can one figure it out numbers? Well your some turkies, Bush made a lot of money but he has oil on his backyeard. All got upset about him due to propaganda. One should find how much money Obama has. But of course He is promised savior. I do not vote for lawyer, senator, or socialist to be my president.
    There will be troubles. Just watch. In Soviet Union there were few Doctors. Rest were felchiars. It means physician assistants. They are still treating people with leaches. There was and is that old people died they do not need treatment any more they are old. They do not need hip replacement or bypass surgery. This is what is going happen here. Nothing is good what government is running. Our founders work at home not arguing whole year about insignificant matters. They left morality to churches.
        I think I said enough.

1. profile image0

The voice of experience.

30. Eternal Evolution profile image71
    Eternal Evolutionposted 14 years ago

I don't feel he has done anything right thus far

31. pylos26 profile image69
    pylos26posted 14 years ago

it will most likely take 4-5 presidential terms to rid american mouths of the foul taste of bubyee and the republican party.

32. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

He kept a ditzy "pitbull with lipstick" from being a heart attack away from posessing nuclear launch codes.  Hell, he can take a 3 1/2 year nap now and we will still owe him our lives.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very funny.... yet true! smile

33. jennyjackson profile image54
    jennyjacksonposted 14 years ago

I think Obama has done a great job so far. There may have been a lot of hype, true, but he's doing the best he can.

A great job at what?

34. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

At the dire risk of being stoned the one answer I do have that is not debatable is....he won the election. That was right, right? sheesh this place is hell, and I thought it was Mexico.

35. jennyjackson profile image54
    jennyjacksonposted 14 years ago

I really think Obama is trying to do the right thing. First people love him, then they wan't to crucify him. There really is no winning when you are the president. Pretty much no matter what he does, people will be unhappy!

36. ReuVera profile image81
    ReuVeraposted 14 years ago

Okay, I didn't read all the posts (is it possible at all?), it was because of the thread's title I came here.
    This is what is going to be on September 8th....

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/09/02/ob … ft-behind/

Quote- "…parents have every right to worry about their children being used as Political Guinea Pigs for Change".

I was a young political guinea pig way back in my childhood in USSR. All my friends were, mandatory. Thanks to my family and surroundings that were always in silent opposition, I didn't grow up brainwashed. But I also learnt to keep my mouth shut.

S-a-a-ad...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)