Is this cool?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)
  1. firetown profile image61
    firetownposted 16 years ago

Just a hub about Costa Rica Pictures or do I need to add content?

I will in time, but for now I just want to share pictures of Costa Rica.

Thanks!

2. embitca profile image83
    embitcaposted 16 years ago

You need to add more text. I would suggest about 300-500 words. I would also recommend that you read about substandard hubs again:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Substandard

You seem to be interested in figuring out the least amount of work you can get away with. And I have to ask, if you don't want to do the work, why are you even bothering? You won't make any Adsense income by simply posting photos and one line of text because you won't get any search engine traffic from that.

3. firetown profile image61

Well, there are writing blogs and there are picture blogs. If you assume what you assume, then I must assume you are looking for hubbers to do work for free generating content to help promote hubpages.

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but these are hubs, not blogs.  There is a difference.  This isn't a blogging site.

2. embitca profile image83
      embitcaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages is not a blog.

Working on your hubs is to your benefit. This is a revsharing site. You share in the revenue that your traffic brings. You aren't working for free. Adding content is beneficial to you.

3. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 16 years agoin reply to this

If you just want to put up pictures, why don't you use something like Flickr?  They don't require any content at all.

4. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

Hubpages isn't a blog, darlin'.

It's a site for useful, original articles. 

My advice would be to listen to what Embitca has said to you.  Then, go ahead and click the Hubs link on the top left corner of the page here.  Then, click on Best.  Check out a few of those articles.

If you want to perform well on Hubpages, try and put out useful content.

Anyone can go to google and find the images they want by using the search there.  People aren't going to be inclined to click on ads on a page where you type out a couple sentences saying you're in some contest and that your team kicks ass. 

Try a little harder, you'll get a better reward out of it.

5. firetown profile image61

OK adding content now, stay tuned ...

6. firetown profile image61

By the way, if it's true that a picture speaks a thousand words, I have already created enough content for 100 hubs big_smile

7. firetown profile image61

I didn't even know about the revenue sharing, I just came here because this place was recommended as a cool spot to network. But cool, I just added my adsense code.

Let's make some coin big_smile

1. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 16 years agoin reply to this

It will take a while big_smile
      Especially without content tongue

8. firetown profile image61

I'm gonna rank this thing so high in Google, it will crash your servers. Watch me! smile

9. firetown profile image61

Next up is a hub about attention deficit disorder, something I know more about.

10. Jason Menayan profile image61
    Jason Menayanposted 16 years ago

You can put in a series of pictures and that would do fine. Many people search for various pictures online. They do not monetize very well (i.e. the amount of money you make on the traffic is the lowest among all topics), but if you love pictures, go for it.

What I suggest is making the Hub titles topical and specific to what your Hub contains, so "Costa Rica Beach Pictures/Photos" would be nice, with an explanatory caption below each pic.

But "My vacation pictures" is too personal, like a blog - search engines will never send you traffic because no one googles "someone else's vacation pictures". wink

11. firetown profile image61

Changed the title. Thanks!
    I want it to rank for "Costa Rica Travel" eventually and make some huge moolah selling tours and stuff.

Here is my new one about Costa Rica Surfing

How do I edit my avatar? It looks retarded.

12. Soya profile image58
    Soyaposted 16 years ago

click change photo on your profile page

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)