Best colour for a car

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (50 posts)
  1. profile image0
    EmaNewtonposted 14 years ago

I'm buying a new car & was wondering what you all thought was the best colour for one?

1. Helen Cater profile image62
      Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Black but my last two cars have been this colour and boy do they show every bit of dirt and every tiny scratch.

2. hugo diego profile image57
      hugo diegoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Different car may has different a most suitable color. For such a question I can really only say "It depends"

3. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Insurance statistics show that red cars get into more accidents.  It is also a hard finish to maintain because the pigment used is iron oxide which rusts easily.

4. MikeNV profile image69
      MikeNVposted 14 years agoin reply to this

White is the safest "color" and holds up best over time.  Silver and variations are the most popular.  Black shows dirt and absorbs sunlight.  Red and Yellow attract attention including police speed trap attention. Blues are safe like silver/grey.

5. Karina S. profile image61
      Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

black

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Don't buy silver.  I did and I regret it.  Apparently it's the least visible colour on the roads in daylight, so it's the most dangerous. Plus in some lights, when it's dirty, it just looks like someone forgot to paint it...

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, not Silver!

Jon

3. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Bright yellowy green. You can see it from the moon! smile

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Earnest, this is my car color! hahahah It's called Apple Green, actually... So many people say it's ugly. sad hahaha

Thankfully, it's growing on me...I did get a deal on it because it was the only color for that model left on the lot and the salesman could see that I wasn't loving it. big_smile

Personally, my ideal car color is silver, white or black. My next car will be one of those colors...I swear! hahaha

1. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with what Marisa posted about silver. My car is silver and what she said about it is dead on!

2. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lucky for me I love the Apple green colour, and it is a very good color for safety. I had a Honda that colour for many years. smile

2. Ivorwen profile image65
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have one of those... it use to belong to the fire department.

Personally, I like black for vehicles, but my husband likes blue.  big_smile

They say red vehicles appear to be moving faster than the traffic around them and white slower... so if you drive fast don't buy red.

4. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

If it's a sports car, then cherry red. Otherwise, who really cares... smile

5. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 14 years ago

Depends on the car.

6. zadrobi profile image61
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

Genuises pick green wink

7. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

a nice shiny black or cherry red ~~ big_smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Black is a bad colour to pick if you drive a lot at night - invisible!

I love red cars, unfortunately so do car thieves apparently - especially if it's a sporty model.  Everyone knows red cars go faster.

8. Csjun89 profile image59
    Csjun89posted 14 years ago

Black!

but its awfully hot on a sunny day

9. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

All my two seaters have been black with charcoal grey leather interior.  mmmm nice

My fun "sportsy" wanna be's have been fire engine red.  zoom zoom zoom

My sedans have been (majority) dark blue.  Owned a white Benz, but hated how it showed up all the blemishes and dirt.  Won't repeat that one.

Have fun choosing the color and zooming around!

10. Pr0metheus profile image58
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

What kind of car are you getting?

Are you going to keep it clean constantly?

Do you speed often?

11. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I had an irridescent Grossa silver Mercedes Benz that behaved like a chameleon.
    On a wet day it looked the same color as the road! But at night it reflected every color it was near, and it looked wonderful! smile

12. ScarletRyan1970 profile image62
    ScarletRyan1970posted 14 years ago

Hello,

Navy colour.
    It is Classy.
    All cars in America have air conditioning don't they.

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Air Conditioning is prity much a standard thing in US cars

13. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

The dealership calls it Sunburst Orange but I call it rust...It works for me

14. ScarletRyan1970 profile image62
    ScarletRyan1970posted 14 years ago

Hello,

I have a very economical way of getting round.
    It only has two wheels and it runs on air.Costs nothing.
    Its navy and the air conditioning system is free.
    Sunburst Orange is good.
    My works well for me too.

15. pisco profile image60
    piscoposted 14 years ago

My own car is black, and it does look really good when is clean, problem is i don't have a garage, so 80% of the time it is dirty, and on black it does show A LOT.

Best colour IMO to hide dirt is metallic silver.

Apart from that it is just personal choice, i like white, but only some cars can pull it off.

16. jacobkuttyta profile image43
    jacobkuttytaposted 14 years ago

Green eco freiendly

17. BritFun profile image61
    BritFunposted 14 years ago

I like silver.

If you worry about being seen, just keep your lights on - excellent for visibility.

18. ToddDickerson profile image61
    ToddDickersonposted 14 years ago

White is technically the safest, Red/Yellow are not far behind, that said my personal preference is Black or silver

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

White shows up the dirt sad  Mine is white.

19. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 14 years ago

get electric blue or black.. stay away from red, especially if its a sports car. Its a police magnet.

20. europewalker profile image80
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

Black or white

21. samsbr profile image39
    samsbrposted 14 years ago

it might be BLACK smile

22. bukan profile image59
    bukanposted 14 years ago

smile smile Just close your eyes and watch your color at your own. Every person has its own choice and you have that right also dear. Just go ahead and grab your favorite color one CAR.

23. LizzyBoo profile image60
    LizzyBooposted 14 years ago

My personal references is gold or silver. It is all depends on a shape and design of a car. If anyone offers me any kind of car for free I would not mind a colour.

24. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

some insurance companies charge more for certain colors, not positive but i think red was one of them.

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh yeah, congrats on the new car too!!

25. Casper021 profile image60
    Casper021posted 14 years ago

depending on what car you buying

But my preference would be BLACK

26. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

maroon

27. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago

I had a black car once and I loved it. DON'T buy black if you live in a hot climate!

28. hasen profile image60
    hasenposted 14 years ago

You can't go wrong with black.

29. Himitsu Shugisha profile image71
    Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years ago

Metallic silver!!

30. articleposter profile image60
    articleposterposted 14 years ago

Black. Although white is the new black now here in UK, but dnt think Black cars value depreciate as fast as any other colours.

31. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

I like Yellow!

http://iloveracing.ru/content/danica-patrick-fhm-1.jpg

32. VacationAustralia profile image67
    VacationAustraliaposted 14 years ago

Luminous yellow!

33. fishtiger58 profile image68
    fishtiger58posted 14 years ago

Green of course.

34. irwanfazri profile image62
    irwanfazriposted 14 years ago

I've a new car, the color is white.

35. Countess Batula profile image59
    Countess Batulaposted 14 years ago

So, have u decided on a colour yet? LOL. From summing up all the answers here I'd suggest blue - seems to be the piggy in the middle lol

36. Cleanclover profile image40
    Cleancloverposted 14 years ago

Combination of Black and red would look awesome.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)